Would or could the American Military turn on Americans regardless of their oath to defend them.

Bcounted 2012/08/06 18:16:04
Yes:  The American military could soon be killing Americans and here is why.
No:  This could never happen in America and here is why.

It's certainly hard to imagine but could America fail
completely economically or politically?
Could we become an Egypt, Libya, Iran or Saudi Arabia certainly we are different cultures but do we share similarities?

Please share your
thought and take a moment to think this out.
What would this be like?

• DeeB 2012/08/06 22:27:28
    Yes: The American military could soon be killing Americans and here is why.
    DeeB
    +5
    They have already done that in New Orleans after Katrina hit. They went door to door and confiscated all guns and left the people defenseless. Even beat up an old lady. I have talked to a soldier on here and he said he will obey orders. But, there are a lot that wouldn't dare even think about it, those are the true heroes. The ones that follow orders are lowlife murderers.

• irish 2012/08/07 11:59:59
    irish
    +2
    basically they are brainwashed. if they are told it is for our safety many will think its true. currently the suicide rate in the military is at an all time high. basic human morals don't go well with orders that are contrary to human decency.
  • Bcounted irish 2012/08/07 22:24:59
    Bcounted
    +1
    Great thought, thanks for posting.
  • irish Bcounted 2012/08/07 22:33:38
    irish
    welcome.
  • Karen E 2012/08/07 01:58:19
    Karen E
    +2
    i am praying those that will are far outnumbered by those that will not.
  • Bcounted Karen E 2012/08/07 05:48:41
    Bcounted
    I as well. Thanks for posting.
    +1
    We do not know if any of the present military children were given that oath to take,
  • Bcounted jackola... 2012/08/07 05:51:07
    Bcounted
    Great point. Thanks for posting.
  • DeeB 2012/08/06 22:27:28
    DeeB
    +5
  • Bcounted DeeB 2012/08/07 05:53:41
    Bcounted
    +1
    I had no idea they took the guns in New Orleans. Thanks for posting.
  • DeeB Bcounted 2012/08/07 11:40:36
  • Bcounted DeeB 2012/08/07 23:21:13
    Bcounted
    +1
    Wow, you certainly did not see that plastered all over the news I had no Idea. Thanks for sharing!
    Bcounted.
  • DeeB Bcounted 2012/08/07 23:37:42
    DeeB
    +1
    LOL! They would never let you know something like that. On youtube there is actually a 2 parter done by the NRA. I saw another one where Geraldo was yelling at the government to let the people leave because the government was sending the trucks with food and water back and held the people captive. Totally horrifying.
  • Bcounted DeeB 2012/08/08 00:29:47
    Bcounted
    +1
    We The People have allowed the Government too much power ... Something has to give. I will look for those other videos.
    V/r
    Bcounted.
  • DeeB Bcounted 2012/08/08 00:38:14
    DeeB
    +1
    You are absolutely correct and it is time for the people to take back their power. They have forgotten that they work for us and not the other way around. We have a psychopathic, runaway government that is enslaving the people, and the braindead accept it. I will never. Now they are using other bills to try and take our ability to get guns and ammo.
  • ed 2012/08/06 22:05:01
    ed
    +3
    they will be ordered to do so by obama and it's up to them if they follow that order.
  • Bcounted ed 2012/08/07 05:57:59
    Bcounted
    +1
    Hard choice to make. Thanks for posting.
  • DeeB Bcounted 2012/08/07 23:41:21
    DeeB
    +1
    I don't see what so hard about that choice. They took an oath to protect the people, turning on them, is not right. The military is not supposed to be used on the people period so an order like that is Unconstitutional and should not be followed.
  • Bcounted DeeB 2012/08/08 00:38:57
    Bcounted
    +1
    I fear if or when desperation becomes common in the US the people will articulate themselves in a less than desirable behavior and force the military to make a choice, however, I do agree with you!
    Bcounted.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).
  • DeeB Bcounted 2012/08/08 01:00:26
    DeeB
    +1
    Enemies foreign and domestic, the government is the domestic enemy.
  • Atlas 2012/08/06 21:42:21
    No: This could never happen in America and here is why.
    Atlas
    +2
    I would say no, generally speaking. From the soldiers that I know personally, who I have made the inquiry, I can say that it would likely be a great divide instead of an all out "yes". There is the occasional loudmouth that claims that they would stand by their government regardless of opinion, or as another poster mentioned: those that refuse to deny or confirm. Thankfully there is a noticeable gap in intelligence between the deciding groups.

The most common scenario would be a split in forces similar to the FSA formation in Syria. After that point it would just be a matter of will power and the success or failure of guerrilla warfare on an urban battlefield. Worst case scenario, though.
  • Bcounted Atlas 2012/08/07 06:29:47
    Bcounted
    +1
    Isn’t it amazing and scary that these thoughts are in the back of our minds? No one can deny our republic system has fallen at the hands of greedy leaders without pride. Thanks for posting.
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/08/06 21:02:59
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +3
    I know of 1 jerk off on SH that claims to be career soldier and has been asked this question many times but refuses to answer, I take that to mean yes. Gun confiscation in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina was carried out by military and police. There will be soldiers for the people, but soldiers that will also back this corrupt government.

"It's certainly hard to imagine but could America fail completely economically or politically?"
    fail completely economically or politically?!
    look around you, how is the job situation and poverty in your town?
    politically, we have THE worst failed president in history who has sold out the american people to the NWO.
  • Bcounted Michael... 2012/08/07 06:35:03
    Bcounted
    Great point … very scary. Thanks for posting.
  • Walt 2012/08/06 20:43:54
    Walt
    +3
    I'm not "undecided."

What I think would happen is that an internal civil war would take place inside the military. There are those officers who would follow illegal orders and there are those who would refuse.
  • Bcounted Walt 2012/08/07 06:41:08
    Bcounted
    +1
    It would have to be a tough choice for a military person. Thanks for posting.
  • Wally-Molon Labe! 2012/08/06 20:13:55
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +4
    Surely there are some in the military who could care less about their oath to our Constitution and to their fellow man. Those would probably be the same ones who enlisted as they had no other options or the ones who think killing is exciting and enjoyable. Those are the ones who present the most danger. Hopefully they are the minority.

Then we have the actives who are employed by the government who need their paychecks and may be persuaded to do what they know is wrong or face court martial and loss of pay, which would affect their family.

It will be difficult decision that they all will have to make. In a total collapse situation they will have family that they will have to defend and probably disregard orders to do it. Those are the honorable men and women and the ones who can be trusted.

Time will tell who the oath keepers are. Time will tell who are the ones who will follow the impostor dictator wannabe. I can imagine the conversations going on in barracks at this moment. Who loves their country and who loves their paycheck.

I don't think we will have to wait very long to find out.
  • Bozette Wally-M... 2012/08/06 20:20:27
    Bozette
    +3
    Agreed, and I fear your last statement may be correct.
  • Bcounted Wally-M... 2012/08/07 06:44:59
    Bcounted
    I am saddened that so many are in agreement. Thanks for posting
  • Outta' Here. 2012/08/06 20:07:08
    Outta' Here.
    +4
    Doubtful. The order to do so would be considered an "illegal" order; and therefore would not be required to be carried out.

Personally, as a former soldier, if my commander had given me an order to do this; the first American I would shoot would be him.
  • Wally-M... Outta' ... 2012/08/06 20:16:29
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +4
    Hopefully you will be an example.
  • Bcounted Outta' ... 2012/08/07 06:46:45
    Bcounted
    +1
    I like the way you think. Thanks for posting.
  • Bozette 2012/08/06 20:02:19
    Bozette
    +3
    I do believe there will be a divide. Those higher up, the ones endorsing the manuals we have seen on the internet of late that speak of "relocation" or "detainee" centers will go along. As will, I believe, most of those young, impressionable, naive recruits who have been trained to follow orders. The ones I believe may balk are those in between. The ones with enough experience and intelligence to know and believe in who and what it is they are fighting for.
  • Bcounted Bozette 2012/08/06 20:05:37
    Bcounted
    +1
    Well said, thanks for posting.
  • Striker 2012/08/06 19:42:06 (edited)
    Striker
    +3
    Our "great mulatto Ruler" already has the TSA in place as his personal army to serve him in martial law. We can *hope* that the military takes the side of the People, but we can expect some CO's to be on the wrong side, so their unit peons will be fearful of courts martial. When the military comes rolling down our streets, hopefully they'll carry some sign of what we might expect from that particular battalion.

All could easily enough turn into the battle of Liberty vs Force, and we'll be out hunting down our neighbors. No way to know where the battleline might be!
  • Bcounted Striker 2012/08/06 19:51:09
    Bcounted
    +1
    Agreed, however, America is a well armed Militia in itself ... I can't imagine American Militia against American Military. How could we kill our own kids. Thanks for posting.
    Bcounted.
  • Dagon 2012/08/06 18:43:19
  • Bcounted Dagon 2012/08/06 19:52:20
    Bcounted
    +1
    Agreed, thanks for posting.
  • 3052457 2012/08/06 18:25:14
  • Bcounted 3052457 2012/08/06 19:53:21
    Bcounted
    +1
    I fear you're correct. Thanks for posting.
  • Scott 2012/08/06 18:21:43
    Scott
    +4
    I can imagine various scenarios in which Obama declares martial law. It's not a big jump to get from there to the military shooting at citizens.

However, I don't see our military going off the edge like they have in other countries.

2014/07/31 17:47:45