Would making abortion illegal start an illegal back alley abortion industry?

bob 2012/05/03 18:36:58
Related Topics: Abortion, Start
Making abortion illegal would start an illegal back alley abortion industry
Making abortion illegal would not start an illegal back alley abortion industry
Prohibitions do not work.
we could expand the prison system to house all those women who have abortions
Only the Religious Reich and old white men wants to make abortions illegal
The wealthy women who want an abortion will just take a plane to a country who has legal abortions
Under the constitution, women have pesonal freedoms and responsibilities including reproductive rights

• Lady Whitewolf 2012/05/03 20:11:17 (edited)
    +9
    And women will start Dying again.

Keep it safe
    Keep it LEGAL

• Sinpac 2012/05/03 21:01:03 (edited)
    Sinpac
    +3
    Start? It never stopped.
  • Glfer65 2012/05/03 20:53:54
    Glfer65
    +4
    We have seen many cases of back alley docs or hacks doing this at the cost of the lives of the women. May not be immediately but infections from the procedure are the most common reasons.

Rooms are not sterile along with the instruments used even worse have killed many women and many times the docs not be held accountable. Why is it so hard for those who are against it to understand it is far safer and lower risk when the women makes the CHOICE to have a real set up that is medically safer to do.

As any other procedure this has risks but are very low. Education is the real answer and has been proven as a great tool to reduce abortions. Since the 70's abortions have been on the decline thanks to education and giving them tools to decide what is best.
  • Jayfeather Glfer65 2012/05/03 21:49:27
    Jayfeather
    Why would you care about a womans life when you're fine with killing her innocent, unborn child.
  • Glfer65 Jayfeather 2012/05/03 22:04:15
    Glfer65
    +2
    Here we go again. My wife gets pregnant and the doc comes in and says if you carry this to full term your chances of death are 86%. We talk about it and realize while the loss will terrible we can try again and see.

The choice belongs to the woman period. I have learned of some stories that seem credible that tell the story of the same which really happened. I think any husband would look at her and say "I con't want to lose you." over "Hey go ahead I can raise the child on my own."

No one said it is the easy way out but necessary in many cases since a newborn can't conceive a child.
  • Jayfeather Glfer65 2012/05/05 20:16:28
    Jayfeather
    If someone's life is on the line, or if somebody is raped, then it does not bother me. The thing i disagree with is killing the child just because you don't want it, or because you were irresponsible.
  • Glfer65 Jayfeather 2012/05/06 13:39:39
    Glfer65
    I never said that either. Education is the answer if you want to reduce the abortion rate in the US. BUT, I do not want some government or person to take away the woman's right of choice.

It is her body and having someone say no you can't do this or that is wrong. But the biggest key that all the pro-lifers forget is to educate the women and give them the options for their choices.
  • Jayfeather Glfer65 2012/05/07 19:47:23
    Jayfeather
    There are other options. Birth control, condoms, morning after, and adoption are other possibilities. And anyway, a fetus is not a *part* of her body. It is simply *inside* her body. It is still a separate life form, so it is not right to take away its life unless there is a very good reason.
  • Glfer65 Jayfeather 2012/05/08 14:51:53
    Glfer65
    I beg to differ that it is not a part of her body. The egg is hers so yes it is her body. Also the doctors have define this is not a fetus till after I believe 8 weeks. Till then it is still an embryo therefore not considered a human.

We can go on about this till we are blue in the face but my opinion is that of the women's right and NOBODY has the right to tell her what to do.
  • Jayfeather Glfer65 2012/05/09 00:46:00 (edited)
    Jayfeather
    An egg is a part of the body. However, a fetus is not. a fetus meets all biological criteria required to be considered a human being. It meets the three biological criteria of life, and has human DNA. Therefore, it is a living human.
  • Glfer65 Jayfeather 2012/05/09 02:57:22
    Glfer65
    But as for legal terms for abortion the government and doctors have made such statements saying other wise. As I said wheels go round and round.
  • Jayfeather Glfer65 2012/05/09 19:35:26
    Jayfeather
    Yes, but just because something is accepted does not make it true. Logic dictates that a fetus is a living human. Besides, Roe. v. Wade was what, 40 years ago almost? Perhaps it's time for a revisit
  • Glfer65 Jayfeather 2012/05/10 16:56:18
    Glfer65
    Maybe but until everyone makes note that violating the rights of women is just wrong will I consider the banning of abortion. Remember it is a CHOICE not the ONLY one to make. EDUCATION has brought down the number of abortions since the 70's and still going down.

EDUCATION and not the grisly pictures standing on the road type which is the worst of the worst in protesters. Teach the women about all preventive measures and adoptions and many other tools.
  • Dweezle Jayfeather 2012/05/07 22:29:03
    Dweezle
    It is far more responsible to make the decision to abort an unwanted mistake than to bring it into an already overpopulated world. perhaps it would have been even more responsible to have used logical contraceptives. and remember, conservatives have no concern for children after birth, only from conception to birth,
  • Jayfeather Dweezle 2012/05/07 23:17:34
    Jayfeather
    The world's already far gone. One more child won't make it worse.
  • Hebsi 2012/05/03 20:52:14
    Hebsi
    +3
    But at least it would make women think twice before they have their child killed.
  • Arianne 2012/05/03 20:49:13
    Arianne
    +4
    I came from a country with illegal abortions, do you have any idea how many women die through illegal and unsafe abortiions every year? Or when there was this spate of dead babies who were abandoned the moment they were born? And I remember a good number who committed suicide because they got pregnant.

Is abortion right or wrong? I'm on the fence about that but I can't deny that that's what will happen if this keeps up. Actually it already does becaue a drive to the abortion clinic ends up with the mom being called a whore.
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/05/03 20:36:03
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +5
    If a woman wants an abortion badly enough, she'll find a way to get one. All that making abortion illegal is going to do is cause more women to die in the unsafe, back alley procedures.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/05/03 20:21:25
    NarcolepticGoat
    +2
    What do you mean "start"?
  • Sam DePecan 2012/05/03 20:15:02
    Sam DePecan
    +1
    It's NOT making it Legal; it's MAKING IT FREE; that is causing so much interest in vacuum-siphoning an unborn fetus through high-powered stainless-steel bar-straws on the stirrups inside those so-called "Clinics" . . .
  • Whyputa... Sam DeP... 2012/05/04 02:10:17
    Whyputaname
    +1
    Give the man some free Viagra......

You can tell the ignorance of the Reichtie.....Especially the Bible Thumper Reichtie......
  • Sam DeP... Whyputa... 2012/05/04 14:42:18
    Sam DePecan
    Ooops! In your attempt to respond to this Question . . .
    Conservative Men want their Viagra and Penis Pumps Paid for but not Contraception for Women ??? by 2012 Obama Posted March 03, 2012 . . . You accidently answered this Question; which was obviously totally, totally wrong. Probably what you would like to say is that you realize that what I stated DOES ACTUALLY make a tremendous amount of sense; and that you totally-totally-agree with me. I can understand that. Thus, both you and I, are indeed exactly right.
    +9
    And women will start Dying again.

Keep it safe
    Keep it LEGAL
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ Lady Wh... 2012/05/03 20:34:17
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +3
    Agreed!
  • Lady Wh... Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/05/04 15:24:57
    +1
    thankies
  • Sam DeP... Lady Wh... 2012/05/04 14:49:53
    Sam DePecan
    No UNPREGNANT Woman has ever died from an Abortion. [Not yet, anyway . . .I wouldn't advise running THAT through Congress or the White House, though; with them, almost ANYTHING can happen.]
  • bob Sam DeP... 2012/05/04 21:20:37
    bob
    +1
    ok virgin
  • Sam DeP... bob 2012/05/04 21:27:04
    Sam DePecan
    Whaaaaaaa! . . . Calling me Virgin would be like calling The Pope, Muhammad.
  • Hebsi Lady Wh... 2012/05/05 03:21:10
    Hebsi
    If more women die for attempting to have their child killed, I have no sympathy for them. Even if the murder is legal and "safe", it's still murder.
  • shenendoah Lady Wh... 2012/05/06 16:16:29 (edited)
    shenendoah
    These women care nothing about the life of an innocent child but they expect concern for their own welfare. Get real, bitches. (definition of bitch, a female canine, but I think bitch dogs are very protective of their young.) I think I just insulted dogs.
  • Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2012/05/03 20:10:26
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +2
    Back ally abortions already exist even though abortion is legal.
  • Sam DeP... Mr.Hood... 2012/05/04 14:53:09
    Sam DePecan
    Yeah, but the 1st Amendment sucks so bad; hence, it is against the Law to report those kinds of abortions.
  • Mr.Hood... Sam DeP... 2012/05/04 16:28:26
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +2
    I don't think we should have to report them. If someone is dumb enough to have a back alley abortion oh well.
  • Sam DeP... Mr.Hood... 2012/05/04 19:36:55
    Sam DePecan
    Oh no, it's NOT WHAT is being reported . . . The Law comes into the picture when IT IS BEING REPORTED . . . Not everyone has 1st Amendment Rights in the USA.
  • Ev Rom 2012/05/03 20:09:51
    Ev Rom
    They don't make alleys anymore and, it would make the coat hanger industry filthy rich...
  • shenendoah 2012/05/03 19:57:32 (edited)
    shenendoah
    +2
    I don't care anymore about a woman that is forced to use a back alley abortionist than one who kills her child legally. They are both murderers. Christians know the cessation of abortions will only happen through Divine intervention. Changing the law doesn't mean the end of abortion because the mindset will still be there and women will find a way to continue killing their children.
  • bob shenendoah 2012/05/03 20:02:05
    bob
    +2
    So your really pushing the "Christian Religion" on all around you. That is typical of all Abrahamic Religions. Not all religions have an isssue with abortion. Please Keep your Devine intervention to your self.
  • Lady Wh... bob 2012/05/03 20:12:07
    +2
    agreed
  • Jayfeather bob 2012/05/03 21:53:21
    Jayfeather
    +1
    Religion or not, a fetus is- biologically speaking- a living thing. Therefore, it is murder to kill it.
  • William... Jayfeather 2012/05/03 22:04:31
    William Day
    +1
    So you don't eat meat? If you are sick do you weaken your immune system to not kill the infection (as long as it's not a virus those are not technically "alive")? Do you allow tapeworms to live in your GI tract so they can survive?
  • Jayfeather William... 2012/05/05 20:19:03 (edited)
    Jayfeather
    in the case of illness: the creature harming me is not innocent. A child is innocent. There is no grounds for killing it unless it's killing the mother. As for meat: that pig is going to die anyway, whether I eat it or not. Since it is human nature to eat meat AND plants, I eat both. However, it is not human nature to kill one of our own kind. That is murder.

2014/11/21 16:49:30