Would Former UN Ambassador John Bolton Make a Good Vice President?

Fef 2011/09/08 00:53:01
John Bolton made a shocking announcement this week about his bid for the 2012 election: John Bolton announced on Greta Van Susteren's show that he will not run for President of the United States of America because he knows he could not win. Shocker! Nah, that didn't really shock anyone.

I have great respect for John Bolton. And I respect his decision not to run for president. However, I think he would make a great vice presidential candidate.

John Bolton has a distinguished public career. Bolton served as America's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2005 to 2006. Bolton also served as Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security, Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs, US State Department and Justice Department. Bolton has degrees from Yale University and Yale Law School. Bolton also served in the private sector as Senior Vice President for Public Policy Research at the American Enterprise Institute.

John Bolton adds foreign policy, diplomacy and experience to any Republican presidential ticket that far surpasses that of Obama/Biden.

John Bolton also has strong Conservative values that help shape a limited federal government on domestic issues.

Warning: The Following John Bolton video may help cure insomnia.

Pro-Obama Democrats can weigh in on this public opinion poll even if they don't want John Bolton since they don't want any GOP ticket. Please judge the candidate as a candidate that helps/hurts the ticket.

Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    +7
    John Bolton is a very bright guy - he was our best U.N. Ambassador in years. He would help any one of the current presidential candidates on international affairs.

• skip 2011/11/09 15:36:42
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    skip
    excellent vice president if you want wars everywhere
  • The_Edge 2011/10/08 16:32:42 (edited)
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    The_Edge
    But he would be far better as Secretary of State where he could tell the utterly useless and corrupt UN to "get out of NY". His take on this contemptuous organization is 100% on the mark and the US should tell them to "get used to Geneva, we're tired of your lies and providing for your third world welfare states".

John Bolton Biography
  • ankhorite 2011/10/04 18:23:20
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    ankhorite
    Bolton is a grunting pig of a man and would be an awful vice-president, whose major job is to go to other nations (for funerals, etc.) and be polite and diplomatic.

Bolton is just not capable of that. And i don't want to have to spend months on end listening to the media report on his scandals.
  • david shiel 2011/09/17 14:34:44
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    david shiel
    Maybe the topof the ticket.
  • BlueMax372 2011/09/11 14:10:22
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    BlueMax372
    Though he'd make an excellent VP candidate, ultimately I'd rather see him as SECSTATE in the Bachmann Cabinet.
    Mediocre Vice Presidential Candidate
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/09/10 17:10:20
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    He is a great asset to the GOP, and he is the perfect candidate for V.P. He needs to get out there and campaign because he is not as well-known as some of the other candidates. However, I would recommend that he shave the moustache for a more appealing look.
  • concernedcitizen 2011/09/10 13:56:14
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    concernedcitizen
    Unless you watch Fox News like I do, you may not even know who John Bolton is. You see what happened when McCain chose Palin. She was introduced to the mainstream media and the firestorm of controversy over her positions and limited experience in elected office took away any chance that people would take her seriously or vote for John McCain. Whoever the nominee is, should pick someone that the American people are familiar with and would trust leading this country!!
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/15 10:29:55
    BlueMax372
    Sounds like your history is a tad skewed. Bolton was the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. for two years of the Bush administration and was a thorn in the side of the one-worlders. Palin running with McLame is the only reason he didn't lose by a major landslide.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/15 23:44:04
    concernedcitizen
    I am aware that John Bolton was the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. for two years under Bush. However, most Americans are not familiar with who he is. Most Americans wouldn't know that Susan Rice is the current U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. for that matter. I'm just suggesting that he would be a wild card, just like Palin.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/15 23:47:11
    BlueMax372
    Palin was hardly a wild card. There had been a grassroots effort underway since late December 2007 to draft her for the Republican VP slot. Obviously the effort, in which I'm quite happy to say I took part, succeeded, and just might have put McLame over the top if he hadn't been such a schmuck.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/16 13:07:49 (edited)
    concernedcitizen
    I am a Palin fan. However, she nor Bolton is electable on a national ticket.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/16 13:27:21
    BlueMax372
    I must respectfully disagree. With slightly more than 13 months until the scheduled 2012 election, if Palin were to enter the race now and name Bolton as VP, they would very soundly defeat 0v0mit. The GOP is headed for a landslide victory in 2012. The only matter in contention at this time is who will be on the winning ticket.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 03:46:00
    concernedcitizen
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm, 14 months can change the political landscape. I still expect the 2012 election to be relatively close, however, I do believe the Republican ticket will win. Independents are the key to winning the election. Independents will not back an ultra-conservative ticket. Mitt Romney 2012 with anyone as VP as long as they are not as gaffe prone as Biden.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 12:45:41
    BlueMax372
    And we RWNJs will NOT vote for Romney so the RNC powers-that-be had better watch their steps.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 13:29:34
    concernedcitizen
    So, if he wins the nomination, you would stay home or vote for OBAMA? Either way, you are defeating the purpose.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 13:37:25
    BlueMax372
    If the only choice is between a RINO and a socialist, why bother? I'll vote for a third party candidate. I think Trump just might be waiting to see if the GOP nominates a RINO. He could be a winner as a third party candidate.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 13:45:59
    concernedcitizen
    Anything could happen at this point. However, the main objective should be getting OBAMA out of office. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I sense that you are on the extreme right of the issues facing our country. Extreme partisanship on either side will not lead this country forward!
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 13:50:27
    BlueMax372
    Definitely extreme right. And I'm no longer interested in "leading" what's left of this country "forward." It needs to be literally kicked into reality.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 13:55:36
    concernedcitizen
    While I agree that a good dose of reality is much needed, it must be done in a pragmatic way. We have to have a nominee that will not only unite the party, but the country as well. Partisan politics only makes for good blogs. It does not get anything accomplished for the American people!
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 14:23:36
    BlueMax372
    We of the far right have had it with wishy-washy RINOs and the mood of an overwhelming majority in the country right now is such that a Reaganesque candidate is the only across-the -board possibility to unite much of the party and a majority of the centrists. Even the lefties will go for another Reagan. Romney is not Reagan, nor is Huntsman. Perry, even with some of his supposed baggage, looks promising and will be acceptable.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 14:26:01
    concernedcitizen
    Career politician, that is just what we need. Not! I prefer Newt Gingrich to Rick Perry. However, Romney can be the great unifier. He may not be Reagan, but no one ever will be.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 15:40:13
    BlueMax372
    Newt is only marginally acceptable. We don't need leadership that will "reach across the aisle." Romney is totally unacceptable.
  • concern... BlueMax372 2011/09/17 17:11:00
    concernedcitizen
    Our current situation is totally unacceptable. No one wants to work with each other to solve our country's problems. It is more about special interests and extreme ideology. It's okay to stand for something, but when that stand prevents anything from getting accomplished, then you or the Tea Party are no better than Obama and the extreme left.
  • BlueMax372 concern... 2011/09/17 18:02:14
    BlueMax372
    Frankly, the TEA Party is far too moderate for me. When we compromise with the whole truth, we have a lie.
  • workhor... concern... 2012/05/03 04:00:37
    workhorse 95
    +1
    I am sorry but partisan politics is one way our founders created to weaken government and slow it down to protect out citizenry. I like partisanship because it takes longer
  • ankhorite BlueMax372 2011/10/04 18:25:24
    ankhorite
    There are no circumstances under which Sarah Palin will be willing to fill out a financial disclosure form, which is done under oath and opens liars to criminal charges of perjury.
  • BlueMax372 ankhorite 2011/10/04 18:59:24
    BlueMax372
    0v0mit, Holder, and Geithner obviously got away with it. Gee. You must know something nobody else knows about her. You also very obviously know nothing about me. Sucks to be you.
  • Michael 2011/09/09 22:25:22
    Mediocre Vice Presidential Candidate
    Michael
    +1
    I think he'd do a good job in an Administration, but on a ticket there are a lot of folks who don't like him.
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/09/09 19:44:21
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    One of the Vice Presidents jobs is to be a defacto diplomat. Skills completely lacking in Joe 'Gaff' Biden.
  • The River Rat 2011/09/09 02:57:19
    Mediocre Vice Presidential Candidate
    The River Rat
    +1
    I much prefer Senator Rubio of Florida.
  • dlsofsetx 2011/09/08 21:59:18
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    dlsofsetx
    +1
    I personally prefer eithe rMichelle Bachmann of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.
  • Freeranger 2011/09/08 20:06:57 (edited)
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    Freeranger
    +1
    I appreciate John's grit & blunt assessment, he's a sharp guy, but I don't think I picture him in that role.
  • Charlie 2011/09/08 19:46:54
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    Charlie
    +1
    At least he knows what a foreign policy is.
  • Glen 2011/09/08 19:12:39
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    Glen
    +1
    I'd say he would make a good president.
  • Billyk75 2011/09/08 19:01:59
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    Billyk75
    +1
    As well as a great president.
  • Theresa 2011/09/08 18:45:54
    Excellent Vice Presidential Candidate
    Theresa
    +1
    He would make even a better President!
  • Michael 2011/09/08 18:22:22
    Mediocre Vice Presidential Candidate
    Michael
    +1
    We need a dynamic ticket. He is great, but we have to think "America's Got Talent" ingredients...
  • michael 2011/09/08 15:42:43
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    michael
    I tihnk he would be worse than any of the following--Dick Chaney, AL Gore, Dan Qualye, Walter Mondale, Spirio Agnew. ---------- all real winners-------NOT!!!
  • Charles E 2011/09/08 14:36:38
    Poor Vice Presidential Candidate
    Charles E
    While he might make a good to excellent Vice President, I feel that his strong opinions would be used to distract from any good governance position the Republican platform may offer.

I, personally, would not vote for him.

2014/09/21 04:08:44