WORLD LEADERS AND CIVIL WARS IN HISTORY!!!
This is a group to learn and review the changes that happened to countries around the World through the last many decades.These shown videos and series of videos will bring back memories of what we have seen or have lived. These videos will show the members that either did not have World History in school or had the misfortune of not being able to attend school.
This group is for members to add videos and comments on either what they have learn and for those that lived the lives in the videos and their life experiences. Please Please share and invite all Sodaheads you know.The more members the more we can learn and discuss.
THIS IS A LIST OF CIVIL WARS SCINCE1900. DO WE WANT TO BE IN THIS LIST???
ANYONE WITNESS OR LIVE THESE? IF SO PLEASE START A BLOG?
* Russian Civil War, 1917–1921
* Finnish Civil War, 1918
* Irish Civil War, 1922–1923
* Chinese Civil War, 1928–1937, 1945–1949
* Austrian Civil War, February 12 to February 16, 1934
* Spanish Civil War, 1936–1939
* War of national liberation (NOB, NOR) in area of Yugoslavia, 1941–1945
* Greek Civil War, 1946–1949
* Paraguayan Civil War, 1947
* Palestinian Civil War, 1947–48
* Costa Rican Civil War, 1948
* Colombian Civil War, 1948–1958
* Vietnamese Civil War, 1954–1975
* Guatemalan Civil War, 1960–1996
* Rhodesian Bush War, 1965–1980
* Cypriot Civil War, 1967–1974
* Nigerian Civil War, 1967–1970
* Pakistani Civil War, 1971
* Lebanese Civil War, 1975–1990
* Mozambican Civil War, see Rome General Peace Accords, 1975–1992
* Sandinista Civil War, 1979–1989
* Salvadoran Civil War (El Salvador), 1979–1991
* Peruvian Civil War, 1980–2000
* Sri Lankan Civil War, 1983–2009
* Sierra Leonean Civil War,1991-2002
* Afghan Civil War, 1992–Present
* First Congo War, 1996–1997
* Second Congo War, 1998–2002
* Albanian rebellion in Macedonia 2001
 Contemporary civil wars
The following civil wars are ongoing or ended in the past decade, as of 2010[update]. Some of them may be classified as insurrections, etc., rather than full civil wars, as they fade into the past.
* 1994 civil war in Yemen, 1994
* 1997 rebellion in Albania, 1997
* 2004 Haitian rebellion, 2004
* Algerian Civil War, 1991–2002, conflicts persist
* Angolan Civil War, 1975-2002
* Bosnian War, 1992–1995
* Burundi Civil War, 1993–2005
* Cambodia, 1978–1993, 1997–1998
* Casamance Conflict, 1990–2006
* Civil war in Afghanistan, 1978–present
* Civil war in Chad, 2005-present
* Civil war in Tajikistan, 1992-1997
* Colombian armed conflict, 1964–present
* Communist insurgency of the New People's Army in the Philippines, 1969–present
* East Timor/Indonesia, 1975–1999
* Euskadi Ta Askatasuna separatist insurgency against the Spanish government, 1959-present
* Fatah–Hamas conflict, 2006-2009
* First Chechen War, 1994-1996
* First Congo War, 1996-1997
* First Liberian Civil War, 1989-1996
* Georgian Civil War, 1991-1993
* Guatemalan Civil War, 1960–1996
* Guinea-Bissau Civil War, 1998–1999
* Insurgency in the Philippines, 1930s–present
* Internal conflict in Peru, 1980–present (once extremely violent communist insurgency, which has largely wound down since 2000).
* Iraq War, 2003–present
* Iraqi Kurdish Civil War, 1994–1997
* Israeli–Palestinian conflict, 1948–present
* Ivorian Civil War, 2002-2007
* Kashmir conflict, 1989–present
* Kosovo War, 1998–1999
* Mexican Drug War, 2006-present
* Nepalese Civil War, 1996–2006
* Palestinian Civil War, 2006–2009
* Republic of the Congo Civil War, 1997-1999
* Rwandan Civil War, 1990–1993
* Second Chechen War, 1999-2009
* Second Congo War, 1998-2003
* Second Liberian Civil War, 1999-2003
* Second Sudanese Civil War, 1983-2005
* Sierra Leone Civil War, 1991–2002
* Somali Civil War, 1991–present
* Sri Lankan Civil War, 1983–2009
* Third Eritrean Civil War, 2008-present
* The Troubles, 1969–1998 (considered ongoing by extremist minority groups)
* Ugandan Civil War, 1987–present
* War in Darfur, 2003-2009
PLEASE PICK ONE AND FIND RELEVANT VIDEOS AND POST THEM IN THIER OWN FORUM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...
A series of 5 videos. The documentary was made during the changing in Cuba from Batista to Castro. Slow moving in some places, but takes you back to how life was of the time in general. I had never seen how a small neighbor located so close to us could have so much influence on America's history. Please watch and share. Another promise of change for the better with results you will see.
History to learn from. A series of videos with a complete depiction of the Venezuela change in power. Please watch them all. We Americans do not realize what it is like out of our borders and how these other countries have suffered. The video starts rather boring but stick with it. Your eyes will be opened with what you see happens with the citizens.
An attempt by Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot to form a Communist peasant farming society resulted in the deaths of 25 percent of the country's population from starvation, overwork and executions. "The Killing Fields" 2,000,000 DEATHS
This series of videos show who and how America got involved in the Vietnam War. It starts slow but has actual footage and information not well known. I know I learn very much that was covered up with the protests and battle footage in the news at the time of happenings. After watching these it gave me some understanding of what our soldiers and Vietnam citizens went through.With the greatest respect, honor and gratefulness of the American Soldier's and their sacrifices.
These videos will show what power the Muslims have. This series also shows how much America was involved secretly in Iran's history. The Shaw does not think th two party system works. Iran's experiences with several different types of leaders and government and the corruption and oppression. With all that is going on with Iran and the World, you will understand much better why we are having so many problems with Iran at the present. This was the end of a 2500 years of Monarchy Rule.
The Ayatollah Khomeini was the most radical Muslim leader of this age. Khomeini served as leader of the revolution or as Supreme Leader of Iran from 1979 - death on June 3, 1989. This era of a theocratic republic under Khomeini, and by the costly and bloody war with Iraq.Tens of thousands of Iranian civilians and military personnel were killed when Iraq used chemical weapons.There were more than 100,000 Iranian victims of Iraq's chemical weapons.
A thank you to each and every one of my members and friends.
Rafsanjani served as President of Iran from 1989 to 1997. He joind in Iranian presidential election, 1989 and Became President and came out from Parliament. As president, Rafsanjani was credited with spurring Iran's reconstruction following the 1980-88 war with Iraq He was also accused of corruption by both conservatives and reformists,and known for tough crackdowns on dissent. Rafsanjani is one of the founders and a chief financial supporter of the conservative Islamic group Ansar-e Hezbollah.
The history and developing of the Taliban
No questions asked yet
PJ Sweet Cheeks
Loveland, OH, US
Omaha, NE, US
Angelique ~ Pff...
Stockton, CA, US
Delaware, OH, US