Woman gets turned down for Nobel Peace prize even though she saved over 2500 children, Al Gore won. Should Al Gore have won the prize?

Armygeek 2009/04/17 00:56:41
Yes this was screwed up Al Gore shouldnt have won.
No, Al did a great thing in discovering the Global Warming.
Irena Sendle
There recently was a death of a 98 year-old lady named Irena. During WWII, Irena, got permission to work in the Warsaw Ghetto, as a Plumbing/Sewer specialist. She had an ' ulterior motive ' ... She KNEW what the Nazi's plans were for the Jews, (being German.) Irena smuggled infants out in the bottom of the tool box she carried and she carried in the back of her truck a burlap sack, (for larger kids.) She also had a dog in the back that she trained to bark when the Nazi soldiers let her in and out of the ghetto. The soldiers of course wanted nothing to do with the dog and the barking covered the kids/infants noises. During her time of doing this, she managed to smuggle out and save 2500 children/infants.
She was caught, and the Nazi 's broke both her legs, arms and beat her severely. Irena kept a record of the names of all the kids she smuggled out and kept them in a glass jar, buried under a tree in her back yard. After the war, she tried to locate any parents that may have survived it and reunited the family. Most of course had been gassed. Those kids she helped got placed into foster family homes or adopted. Last year Irena was up for the Nobel Peace Prize ... She was not selected.
Al Gore won, for a slide show on Global Warming.

• Bourne 2009/04/17 02:21:45
    Bourne
    +5
    She deserved it many years ago and I do not think Big Al should have ever gotten it anyway, I am sure she could have used the money. The Pope should declare her a saint.

• Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/02/04 04:07:58
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    That women deserves the Nobel peace prize!
  • Jake 2010/02/04 02:43:10
    Jake
    +1
    NO shes a hoe and should NOT of won!
  • Armygeek Jake 2010/02/04 04:06:54
    Armygeek
    +1
    Wow great comment, your ignorance is apparent.
  • lazarous1967 2009/09/11 04:13:00
    lazarous1967
    +1
    Even if Al Gore is correct, and i am not saying he is. This woman who did so much should have been awarded the Nobel peace prize before Al Gore.
    He will be around for a while (unfortunately), while she will be barely remembered tomorrow.
    He stole her spot light, her fifteen minutes of fame, and he does not deserve it.
    He is a loathsome creature who should give up the peace prize and beg forgiveness from Irena`s family and friends.
  • psbrown 2009/09/11 03:48:46
    psbrown
    +2
    No contest. Corrupt politician or heroin who sacrificed so much for so many.
  • BIGK27 2009/05/13 19:15:13
    BIGK27
    +3
    Irena Sendler, Thank you screwed al gore won irena sendler

Al Gore is a two face liar screwed al gore won irena sendler al gore liar
  • Gwynodd 2009/04/17 19:39:05
    Gwynodd
    +3
    Since when did Al Gore discover Global Warming? Just another politician after a quick buck!!!

Sorry about Irena being swindeled out of the Nobel Prize.
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/04/17 09:45:39 (edited)
    NotWithoutAFight
    +2
    Well you know the whole Nazi thing and killing Jews was just a lie right? Made up to support a war.

And jeez - global warming - isn't that a warm fuzzy thing for the world to get behind? More blame the for US? It's oh-so-very politically correct to apologize for being American isn't it?

warming warm fuzzy world blame oh-so-very politically correct apologize american

Edited to add -

I find it so amusing that someone downraved this comment. Childish.
  • Yes this was screwed up Al Gore shouldnt have won.
    ♥ Angelic Laughter ♥ In God we still trust ♥
    +3
    What a beautiful heart she had. She should have won it by a landslide. She is a selfless woman.
  • madjack 2009/04/17 03:34:15
    madjack
    +4
    Irena Sendle should have won of course.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2009/04/17 02:42:33
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    I said before that the runner up should sue Al Gore.
  • Bourne 2009/04/17 02:21:45
    Bourne
    +5
  • The Lorax 2009/04/17 02:18:38
    The Lorax
    +2
    Too bad about Irena, maybe they'll make her story into a big Hollywood blockbuster starring Robin Williams. Global warming is a more pressing issue that affects us in the here and now, so I'm glad it got the attention it deserves.
  • fuzzy K... The Lorax 2009/09/11 16:41:03
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    Your post would have been an acceptable rebuttal if you hadn't put in that crap about Hollywood blockbuster and Robin Williams.
  • Master Blaster 2009/04/17 01:44:59
    Master Blaster
    +5
    Let's see: 2500 saved children vs. concocted global warming myth. He should forward the award to her, posthumously.
  • Decided to Leave SH 2009/04/17 01:28:24 (edited)
    Decided to Leave SH
    +4
    It should be as follows...

"Nobel" prize winner.....Irena Sendle

"Dumbell" prize winner....Al Gore

Al Gore is more of a "buffoon" than a "dumbell"...but "buffoon" doesn't have a "bell" on the end of the word...Hence..it doesn't have a "ring" to it in this particular case.
  • ♥ Angel... Decided... 2009/04/17 09:29:59 (edited)
  • Decided... ♥ Angel... 2009/04/17 13:04:35 (edited)
    Decided to Leave SH
    +3
    That's great.

Since we know that Al Gore is SO full of "hot air"....and being as "hefty" as he is.....do you think he just might be a major cause of the "global warming" that he religiously, yet fraudulently preaches, and is just too nuts to realize it?
  • Lisa Decided... 2012/07/02 02:21:15
    Lisa
    +3
    Thank you. Finally, someone who speaks the truth. I love it.
  • A.B.E. 2009/04/17 01:22:36
    A.B.E.
    +4
    Golbal warming is a myth now, saving lives, not taking them(like al gore and his liberal friends do) Is more important
  • The Lorax A.B.E. 2009/04/17 02:29:17
    The Lorax
    +1
    Where's te data to support your opinion that climate change is a "myth"? Exactly, you don't have any. Sputtering some half-remembered fluff you heard from Rush does not equal proof.
  • A.B.E. The Lorax 2009/04/17 02:36:49
    A.B.E.
    +2
    It is spring in California, yet temperatures are not above 70 degrees.
    Also These past 10 years have also been the coldest in Californian history.
  • The Lorax A.B.E. 2009/04/17 02:43:34 (edited)
    The Lorax
    +1
    Climate change causes more extreme temperatures all around, and you can read up on that if you don't want to take my word for it. You should be especially concerned in a state like California which is already part desert. Surely you heard the report about arable land being negatively impacted in the future if auto emissions aren't lowered. In a couple of decades there might be no wine grapes! You may not feel it yet, but when you lose that protective ozone covering, things will heat up quickly -- the hotter it gets, the hotter it WILL get. If you knew how close you are standing to the precipice, you'd wet your pants.
  • Armygeek The Lorax 2009/04/17 04:57:49
    Armygeek
    +3
    There are countries that never even seen snow before and a month ago they received snow and it stuck. I also know that the earth has cooled one degree each year for the past 7 years. We had record snow fall here in Michigan this year and temperatures. I am not saying we don't contribute to the problems this world has but it would be stupid to think we can control it. That's the problem with man, they think they can control everything.
  • Mr.UN5T... A.B.E. 2009/04/17 05:27:23
    Mr.UN5T@BL3
    I see, so you are saying the climate of California is changing? As if there was some sort of climate change?
  • A.B.E. Mr.UN5T... 2009/04/18 18:14:55
    A.B.E.
    Well, back in 2004, It rained so much that they had to shut down schools for fear of flooding. Then in 2005 it got extremely hot, now its strating ot get colder....
  • fuzzy K... The Lorax 2009/09/11 16:44:27
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    Climate change is REAL. There is no doubt about it. The earth has had many in the past. While we are going through it now, so is Mars.
    The argument is what is causing it.
    Are we to blame for the melting of the polar ice caps on Mars?
  • samantha215 2009/04/17 01:03:18
    samantha215
    +4
    i am not sure anyone at all in Hollywood has a brain! Al G sucks and this woman should have won it instead but hey i am a simple woman..what do i know? IMHO
  • Mr.UN5T@BL3 2009/04/17 01:01:26
    Mr.UN5T@BL3
    +1
    I don't have a vote on the Nobel committee, nor do you. I have no say in who Hollywood honors or what band gets a Grammy.

If you want to honor this woman you should do more to make her story known to the wider community. Just like I do about global warming!

Its real. Like the moon landing(s)
  • Decided... Mr.UN5T... 2009/04/17 01:18:59
    Decided to Leave SH
    Do you think global warming is caused by humans?
  • Mr.UN5T... Decided... 2009/04/17 01:31:41
    Mr.UN5T@BL3
    +1
    Yes I do. I also know it to be caused by other environmental factors as well. We have too many cows producing too much methane for example.

Our social order and economy is tied to the way we currently live. If we do not even try to acknowledge the changes that can be scientifically observed about our world now, it will be too late to do anything when the climate changes for good.

History is littered with civilizations that failed to meet the changes of the future. If you are worried about your child's future because of Obama's stimulus package; it seems absurd to ignore the science and research being conducted about the future of the planet.
  • Armygeek Mr.UN5T... 2009/04/17 01:34:04
    Armygeek
    +1
    So why is it getting colder each year? Many are predicting we are coming to another ice age.
  • The Lorax Armygeek 2009/04/17 02:24:42
    The Lorax
    +2
    We are overdue for another ice age, we've known this for years because of data culled from core samples. However, if it were truly getting "colder every year", the polar ice cap wouldn't be melting and causing all sorts of species to die off due to their inability to adapt quickly enough to even seemingly small changes in temperature. One phenomenon doesn't negate the other, one just happens to be caused by our industrial activities, including the aforementioned beef production.
  • fuzzy K... The Lorax 2009/09/11 16:48:54
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    The polar ice caps on Mars are also melting. Are we humans the cause of that too?
  • Mr.UN5T... Armygeek 2009/04/17 05:23:33
    Mr.UN5T@BL3
    +1
    The greenhouse effect works both ways. when the sun is close to the earth you get the warmer than usual temperatures. when the sun moves away from the earth, the greenhouse turns into a insulated cooler.

You can see satellite photos of Antarctica breaking apart. That releases even more moisture into the atmosphere which increases the warming trend.

The photos are real. No one is fabricating the breakup of the ice cap. Even Sarah Palin acknowledged that Russia will be encroaching into the arctic as it melts for its natural resources

The problem is really climate change. different parts of the world will see their climates change altogether. parts of the world that produce major crops will become deserts. You see it in Africa already. Europe and the US will also be affected.

We go to war over natural resources
  • Decided... Mr.UN5T... 2009/04/17 01:39:30
    Decided to Leave SH
    +2
    I disagree totally, but thanks for the comment.

"Man-made" global warming is nothing more than a global political fraud, but I respect your opinion.
  • The Lorax Decided... 2009/04/17 02:27:14 (edited)
    The Lorax
    +1
    Unfortunately for you and your progeny, global warming will not abate because you choose to ignore scientific findings. It isn't a matter of "opinion" and maybe that is why some of your heroes like Rush Limbaugh have lost every shred of credibility, they live in a fantasy world and they've dragged you into it.
  • Decided... The Lorax 2009/04/17 03:29:13 (edited)
    Decided to Leave SH
    +1
    I didn't say "man-made" global warming is a matter of "opinion"...I said it is a global political fraud....period.

I simply told the other SH member that I respected "his" opinion.

You can call it what you want.

If you choose to believe differently...do it.

You sound as though I actually "care" what you think....I don't.

However, I respect your efforts.

As for me...I will stay in the "fantasy world" that I have been "dragged" into.

Take care.
  • The Lorax Decided... 2009/04/17 05:25:22
    The Lorax
    You don't have to care what I think, but you ought to care about facts and future generations.
  • Decided... The Lorax 2009/04/17 13:11:18
    Decided to Leave SH
    Again.....you won't convince me of anything you believe about global warming.

At best we can agree to disagree.

Take care.

2014/10/02 00:23:23