With the US Postal Service Announcing It Is Cutting Saturday Mail Service Later This Year, Will The Change Impact You Significantly?

ABC News U.S. 2013/02/09 11:02:10

• sbtbill 2013/02/09 17:53:53
    sbtbill
    Keep Saturday delivery.
  • susan 2013/02/09 16:26:53
    susan
    The post office should have done this a long time ago.
  • Fallout 2013/02/09 15:46:54
    Fallout
    I hope this helps US postal service continue their great service.
  • Cliff 2013/02/09 15:35:51 (edited)
    Cliff
    +1
    The USPS is required to pay the feds about $5 billion annually to fund pensions. I do not know of any other branch of government that does that. It appears to me that this is really an attempt by the feds to get the same amount of money for doing less, which in effect is a hidden tax.

The USPS is an anachronism. It does not improve. It does not modernize. The mailboxes themselves look like they were made about the same time as the Titanic. It is so typical of how stupid and clumsy government is. It might be best for everyone if it were privatized.

mail box
  • skowcog 2013/02/09 15:05:08
    skowcog
    Independent Manufacturers Rep. I get all my paychecks through the mail and a lot of time it comes on Saturday. So paycheck to paycheck living will be trickier.
  • SonofSpermcube 2013/02/09 14:54:57
    SonofSpermcube
    They're cutting saturday first class service. Supposedly not cutting package delivery on saturday...so it won't save much money.

And none of you people mail with USPS? Packages? You never buy anything on Ebay or from a small internet vendor? USPS going away would utterly destroy a whole lot of small businesses.
  • Beagle Mom 2013/02/09 14:43:24
    Beagle Mom
    I've opted for electronic notification for my monthly bills. I can check my mailbox every three or four days and just find junk mail.
  • timberwolf 2013/02/09 13:52:13
    timberwolf
    Since the union has put the PO so far in debt, it dosen't surprise me... Shut the thing down and put it out for bid... UPS, DAHL an other privite company could run it alot better and at a profit...
  • SonofSp... timberwolf 2013/02/09 14:53:18
    SonofSpermcube
    Congress put the PO in...I'm not even sure about debt, but near-insolvency. They were banned from using their revenues to pay down what debt they did have, and required to fund 75 years of pension obligations in 10 years.

What if you had to pay for 10 years worth of insurance in advance when you buy a car? That's what this is like.
  • Christopher Bookkeeping 2013/02/09 13:12:03
    Christopher Bookkeeping
    No, any important items (that are not catalogues or other junk mail) e.g. checks or bills cannot be dealt with until Monday's anyway when the banks are open.
  • Aries Tonto 2013/02/09 13:03:13
    Aries Tonto
    If I had a mail order business or something it might
  • Matt 2013/02/09 12:02:34
    Matt
    +2
    Since almost all checks have gone direct deposit, and almost all correspondence has gone electronic, people have very little reason to look forward to their mail delivery.

Those bills and junk mail can wait until Monday.
    no saturday mail funny
  • Brad 2013/02/09 12:00:29
    Brad
    But if I owned a business I might.

2014/11/24 19:23:07