Wisconsin University Stands By Campaign To Teach Students Diversity By Writing “Unfair” On White Students’ Faces…. Is this flat out Racism against White students?

CAPISCE 2013/02/20 13:50:07
no
The University of Wisconsin Duluth-Superior is standing by a controversial campaign launched in 2012 to increase public awareness about racial favoritism by writing “unfair” on students’ faces along with a variety of grievances supposedly shared by minorities against Caucasians. The university released a statement last week defending the project and saying that the campaign is prepare to enter its second phase.

“The creative materials for the campaign’s initial phase, launched in January 2012, were designed to be very provocative,” reads a statement released by the University. “UW-Superior understood and expressed serious concern about the nature of these materials. However, rather than abandon a well-intentioned effort, UW-Superior chose to continue working with the other community partners to help refocus the campaign’s future direction.”

• Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2013/02/24 17:30:00
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +3
    Thats terrible. I would pull my kids out of that college.
  • mark.calvin.775 2013/02/21 22:43:41
    mark.calvin.775
    +3
    What is this, a freaking kool-aid-cult now? Are white students really lining up to have "minorities" draw on them with indelible markers? Stupid idiots. I hope you and your marker end up having an intimate relationship after trying to draw on a white person who doesn't agree with the Die-Versity program.
    +3
    but University administrators in W,I who get paid six-figure salaries for doing essentially nothing, have plenty of time to conjure up lunacy of this type.
  • Maynard 2013/02/21 13:11:37 (edited)
    Maynard
    +2
    TOP VOTE GETTER AT THIS TIME,

Are you fricking INSANE?

Don't tell me that NO WHITE PERSON LEAVES HIS CHILDREN TO GROW UP WITHOUT A FATHER.

Please correct YOUR IGNORANCE, it reeks.
  • Mike Maynard 2013/02/21 16:05:17
    Oh, but were not supposed to think in terms of anything so obvious.
    White women have been indoctrinated to view sexual intercourse with non-whites as a learning experience. lol
  • Rick 2013/02/21 04:55:00 (edited)
    Rick
    +5
    Most of the racists I know are Democrats. They hide their racists hatred very well! I have even caught one with a KKK outfit and hood in his vehicle. Now who is the calling the kettle black!
  • schjaz Rick 2013/02/21 16:52:09
    schjaz
    +2
    not surprising.
  • Rodney 2013/02/21 03:01:15
    Rodney
    +4
    Their claim that Minorities can't be Racist is the biggest load of excrement I have ever heard. Some of the most viscous racism I have ever witnessed came from (alleged) minorities.
  • schjaz Rodney 2013/02/21 16:52:37
    schjaz
    +3
    agreed. but they get away with it.
  • Rodney schjaz 2013/02/21 22:06:53
    Rodney
    +2
    Big time. Jesse Jackson, Rev. Al Sharpton just to mention two are far more racist then any white person I have ever met.
  • schjaz Rodney 2013/02/22 16:13:09
    schjaz
    +4
    Looks like the administration at UW Superior buys into the idea that a caucasion is born guilty.
  • Rodney schjaz 2013/02/22 23:56:30
    Rodney
    +4
    That's a losing mentality too. :>(
  • RicardoCabeza 2013/02/21 01:54:37
  • Kidasha 2013/02/21 01:06:25
    Kidasha
    +2
    what...?
  • GAC 2013/02/21 00:58:10
    GAC
    +4
    Racism can strike both ways.
  • Charles E 2013/02/21 00:21:11
    Charles E
    +5
    It is absolutely racist. Most white students had nothing to do with the harm inflicted on others before they were born and often before their parents were born.

On the other side, minority students have never suffered slavery or "jim crow" racial discrimination.

If participation is not voluntary, all students involved could reasonably charge the institution with subjecting them to involuntary servitude.
  • Mike Charles E 2013/02/21 16:09:42
    +1
    No, but the fact of their having been brought over here involuntarily serves as an ideal universal justification for all of their shortcomings and transgressions. However, I don't see very many returning to Liberia, although they've had that opportunity since 1865!
  • wantabebilli... 2013/02/20 23:59:20
    no
    wantabebilli...
    +3
    Considering the fact that I'm Caucasian and have been discriminated upon all my life due to a disability had I attended this university and I was told that I had to take part in this demeaning campaign not only would I contact my state congressman/ senator/ governor demanding an apology from them but I would file a lawsuit against both the university/ state for deformation of character/ racial discrimination.
  • Mike wantabe... 2013/02/21 16:12:11
    +1
    Don't forget that public universities have swarms of six-figure salaried attorneys whose job it is to deflect any such lawsuits, and to intimidate anyone who might have the audacity to bring them!
  • Charles E Mike 2013/02/28 13:25:52
    Charles E
    +1
    Attorneys paid with tax dollars and almost unlimited budgets. They can defend a meritless position forever at no direct cost to themselves.
  • Mike Charles E 2013/02/28 16:43:39
    that's exactly what guarantees public universities that they will always be virtually immune from any outside accountability!
    They also are permitted to run their own secret police forces to comply obedience in cruder forms as well!
  • redhorse29 2013/02/20 23:34:08
    redhorse29
    +6
    Unfair - it is SHAMEFUL and UofW should face an audit by the Justice Department.
    Oppppps. The JD is collection of racists dogs. Contact the media. Darn, the media is so liberal progressive and socialist they will not do anything. I say boycott the university and tell all students not to apply or go there. Drive them out of business!!!!
  • Mike redhorse29 2013/02/21 16:07:03
    Audit? Unfortunately that's a word that's not in the vocabularies of public university bureaucrats!
  • Bali 2013/02/20 23:28:48
    Bali
    +6
    This white boy for one would like to teach some diversity to whatever ahole came up with this.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2013/02/20 23:22:39
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    +4
    Appalling!
  • KSJR362 - Not what you think 2013/02/20 23:11:15
    no
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
    +3
    I don't believe this is racism.

I believe it is absurdity, stupidity and political correctness gone amok.

WTF purpose does this serve but to stir hatreds, rile up old ideas and pretty much reignite the tlame that "whitey is a racist."

It's an exercise that actually promotes racism at a time where we should be moving on and putting the past where it belongs.

Oh, and the assumption that just because you're white means you are privileged in the 21st Century is just so ... 19th Century
  • EDWARD G KSJR362... 2013/02/21 03:14:55
    EDWARD G
    +2
    I stopped using the "R" word years ago, this is just STUPID. Sadly. where else could it happen except in a university.
  • KSJR362... EDWARD G 2013/02/21 11:52:54
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
    +2
    It has gotten to the point wher I believe the real racists are the ones constantly pointing to a skin color. Example: Obama has risen above racism. Ie: Obama is black. Who cares?
  • Mike EDWARD G 2013/02/21 16:14:47
    +1
    Not in any place where people have to actually work to earn a living.
  • Mike KSJR362... 2013/02/21 16:13:58
    +2
    The purpose of these exercises in stupidity is to promote further resentment of whites, and to propagate the bizarre lunacy of "white privilege"
  • KSJR362... Mike 2013/02/21 22:31:28
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
    +1
    Ultimately a means of reverse racism. It is just so lame.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE!
  • Yami no KoHime ~ 平和 2013/02/20 22:35:05
    Yami no KoHime ~ 平和
    +5
    even i can see the racism clearly
  • Mungu 2013/02/20 22:20:21
    no
    Mungu
    +3
    "controversial campaign launched in 2012 to increase public awareness about racial favoritism by writing “unfair” on students’ faces along with a variety of grievances supposedly shared by minorities against Caucasians"

This was not racism against "whites", but per your quote above it was racism against Caucasians. This is my friend Arjuna Chattopadhyay he is "Caucasian". He is suffering from trauma because the black ink would not show on his face.

indian
  • EllЕ Mungu 2013/02/21 03:01:21 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +3
    So, you can't see American racism in separating people even not by the race, but by the shade of their skin & discrimination of people of European ethnicities in this case?

Why anyone have to think that color of their skin is "unfair"?

Yes, South Indian people are very dark, but people on the north India are light & have "unfair" Caucasian skin.

By the way, Indians don't have extra SAT points to enter Universities.
    Only some privileged races & ethnicities have them.

I can't f*king understand this separation of people into groups in the US, why the hell can't you just call each other "American" if you are freaking Citizens of the USA & can't have only 4 boxes for races - in scientific language, not in color shades & ethnicities of ancestors?

citizen usa 4 boxes races scientific language color shades ethnicities
  • Mungu EllЕ 2013/02/21 03:54:39
    Mungu
    +2
    1) I am being silly
    2) south and north Indians are not as homogenous as you would think
    example - This girl is native to Pakistan:
    pakistan

3) You may be very young, so young that you can't really see the scope of things of how global white supremacy is yes, past its apex, but we are still basking in the glow of it.
    4) If you are a "southerner" or from some other God forsaken ethnic deprived part of America, you perhaps have not much in ethnic identity to cling to, other than being "white". I live in Chicago so "whites" have options here:
    irish
    irish
    polish
    polish2 italian

5) Scientifically there is only one human race, with regional variants.
    6) I am very silly
  • EllЕ Mungu 2013/02/21 05:14:24 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +1
    2. Race is not a skin color.
    Science use Craniometrics. Quantitative variation in skeletal morphology results from genetic and environmental differences between populations.

Race can be determined by the analysis of skeletal remains.

3. Indians have a saying "live in the present".
    It's psychologically unhealthy when someone can't stop thinking about the past & reflecting it into the present.
    "White supremacy" today exist only in the heads of people that "caught in the past".

4. "Cling to some ethnic group" or ethnic gang, instead of being American individual?
    It's exactly what I'm talking about - "segregation" of Americans by ethnicities.

It's dangerous for any country to divide people into ethnic groups.
    (read on ethnic cleansing & genocide)

5. Denisovans (blondes) Neanderthals (redheads) and other hominins - added genes to Homo sapien lineages through interbreeding.
    And so, anthropology show that there are 4 races today, but in the future - constant immigrations will create one race.
    Race denial today is only American & West European propaganda, started by UN, so they could separate people into over 2000 ethnicities.
    They were worried about racism & created ethnical nationalism, that makes people fight inside own countries.
    Ethnical discrimination is the danger of 21 century, that is creating genocides around the world & will create more of them in the future.
  • Mungu EllЕ 2013/02/21 08:06:38
    Mungu
    +2
    You are willfully blind if you can't see the present global imbalances and know the source of its history.

Denisovans? I read the Melanesians and Australoids have high amount of DNA from them. If these folk indeed existed 40k years ago, I find it doubtful that our current planetary yellow headed folk have any direct relations. I won't get into Neanderthals. It appears you have some unconventional ideals of the human race.

I must ask...who are you calling homo sapien?
  • EllЕ Mungu 2013/02/21 14:11:05
    EllЕ
    +1
    Homo sapiens = Humans.
  • Michael... EllЕ 2013/02/21 08:49:41
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    Hmmm...very interesting...I'm not sure where all of this is coming from...as far as I know the human race with all of it's ethnicities is one race. The word "race" is used incorrectly when describing different ethnicities...I believe the more scientific term would be haplo group...if I'm not mistaken.
  • EllЕ Michael... 2013/02/21 15:56:59 (edited)
    EllЕ
    +1
    Not Human "race", but Human Species.
    Political correctness changed science books only in some countries.
    Most of the world knows that there is no scientific consensus & population overlap/mixing still doesn't mean that race is meaningless.
    Your race is important in medical treatment (different response to the same medications, etc.), forensics can determine race by the analysis of skeletal remains, etc.
    Political correctness propaganda prefer to wipe out word & change it to over 2000 ethnicities, but there is no difference between ethnicities for forensics, doctors, paleontologists, etc.
    Also, if you divide people of one race into ethnic groups, you often get ethnic cleansings & genocides. 20-21 centuries show, that "ethnicities" propaganda creates even more genocides than division into 4 races.
    Yes, in 1,000 years, because of immigration & mixing - there will be no difference between humans & will exist only one mixed human race, but today there are differences & it's not color of skin or ethnicity.

2014/10/31 17:20:22