Wisconsin Reborn

BARRY0619 2012/02/27 15:20:07

Wisconsin Reborn

This got a lot of attention to begin with, but the media has been real quiet as to how it all turned out.

Well, here are the results.

Remember,
the violent demonstrations over Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and a
Republican majority in the state legislature doing away with collective
bargaining for Teachers unions? And demanding that the teachers pay at
least a small part of their healthcare costs? And the Democrats in
the legislature leaving the state so there wouldn't be a quorum and a
vote couldn't be taken? Well... The results are in. Some school
districts went from a $400,000 deficit to a $1,500,000 surplus as a
result. They are even hiring new teachers, not firing teachers like the
Liberals and Democrats in the state legislature said would happen. Why?

Well,
here's the 'rest of the story'. It seems that the insurance company
that provided all the "so-called" benefits to the teachers was an
insurance company owned and operated by the teacher's union. Since the
outfit was guaranteed to get the insurance business from the teachers,
and the State had to pay for it (not the teachers) the insurance company
was increasing annual costs every single year to become the most
expensive insurance company in the state. It shouldn't have come as a
great surprise that the company was donating millions and millions of
dollars to its favorite democrat campaigns and politicians who, when
they got elected, were a virtual guarantee to keep funding the union's
outrageous costs. In other words, the insurance company was a "pass
through" for Wisconsin taxpayer money directly to the democrat
politicians.

Nice
racket! And this is the racket that is going on in many States which
allow collective bargaining for teachers and government workers. No
wonder the honest politicians in those States are trying to find ways to
take it away. Now the State of Wisconsin which was finally free to
put the teacher's insurance contract out for bids found that, lo and
behold, they have saved so much money it has turned deficits into
surplus amounts. As a result, none of the teachers had to be laid off,
new teachers were hired, everyone got a raise, etc., etc., and the
taxpayers of Wisconsin are now paying for their children's education
instead of paying more taxes to fund the union's political ambitions.

*PLEASE BE SURE TO SEND THIS ONWARD! ITS THE ONLY CHANCE OF STOPPING THIS CORRUPTION

• Tasine 2012/02/27 15:45:44
    Tasine
    +9
    Great find! Great post! The hubris and pure gall of unions and all Progs is the most amazing thing about them. Unions ripping off the taxpayers and then fighting the taxpayers to prevent the taxpayers from protecting themselves. Astounding hypocrisy abounds within unions - definitely time for unions to fade off into the sunset and accept the fact they are worse than useless.

• Oltom 2012/03/02 21:53:45
    Oltom
    +1
    Figures!
  • schjaz 2012/02/29 16:43:20
    schjaz
    +1
    And LSM cannot report one word of it.
  • Seonag 2012/02/28 14:32:42
    Seonag
    +1
    Thanks for sharing! Unions are big-business - though not for the members but for the leaders.
  • BARRY0619 Seonag 2012/02/28 20:43:01
    BARRY0619
    You're welcome, thanks for commenting.
  • WorkersUnite 2012/02/27 22:44:14
    WorkersUnite
    I don't care. Scott Walker is a fascist.
  • BARRY0619 Workers... 2012/02/27 22:50:15
    BARRY0619
    +3
    Junior, you don't even know what a fascist is...

I guess you support the idiots in the unions huh?
  • Workers... BARRY0619 2012/02/27 22:54:02
    WorkersUnite
    I do. The Teacher's should not have to pay for their health insurance.
  • Ironhead60 Workers... 2012/02/28 01:02:26
    Ironhead60
    +5
    Yeah, so the tax payers should right?...Your talking like an idiot!!....Your president Obama (not mine) said 3 years ago that every American has to make sacrifices in this bad economy....Ohhhhh......I'm sorry, he must have meant all non-union Americans......And I'm a card holding union member too...(American Postal Workers Union)....so think for yourself youngster and don't let your union dictate your choices....
  • BARRY0619 Ironhead60 2012/02/28 12:35:40
  • Maynard Ironhead60 2012/02/28 12:59:49
    Maynard
    Thanks for helping me restore my Union support, it's hard these days.
  • Darkitec Workers... 2012/02/28 02:52:48
    Darkitec
    +2
    Spoken like a true socialist.
  • AL BARRY0619 2012/02/28 03:49:32
    AL
    +1
    I guess so! Since the Fascist in Hitlers Germany where very pro union as well in fact
  • AL Workers... 2012/02/28 03:47:29
    AL
    +1
    A fat ass? LMAO!
  • judge 2012/02/27 21:07:30
    judge
    +1
    When is the democrat primary? I heard everyone is to write in Gov. Scott Walker to put an end to this foolishness.
  • Hamilton 2012/02/27 20:57:41
    Hamilton
    +1
    Nicely done!
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/02/27 20:23:31
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Congratulations! It's high time someone posted a follow-up to show how Wisconsin is doing after last year's headlines.
  • sbtbill 2012/02/27 20:16:57
    sbtbill
    +1
    Took a look at a number of articles on this one thing I notice is that the Washington Examiner article points out that the new plan had a higher deductible. Thus this is not a comparison of oranges and oranges but of apples and oranges. Certainly less coverage will mean lower prices and more costs to the teachers. Obviously any employee of any business would oppose that.

The real issue here is the fundamental right of association. Company union or no unions are a bad thing. When I was a young man I worked at Kohler which had a company union. It was worthless. I also worked at Armira tannery in Sheboygan it had a Teamster union. It was a big help and made working conditions much better. This country has seen a decline in the value of work because unions have declined.

Maybe the unions went a bit overboard on health insurance. I can't tell from the data I found. Would the same coverage cost the same? The info just isn't there. In the final analysis we are going to need a national health insurance program because in a few years the costs will be much higher with the current system. One might also wonder now that the new company has the business how much will they raise the rates next year? I noted that Healthnet which is notorious for its death panels was invol...

Maybe the unions went a bit overboard on health insurance. I can't tell from the data I found. Would the same coverage cost the same? The info just isn't there. In the final analysis we are going to need a national health insurance program because in a few years the costs will be much higher with the current system. One might also wonder now that the new company has the business how much will they raise the rates next year? I noted that Healthnet which is notorious for its death panels was involved.

I wish the recallers the best of luck and suggest everyone look much deeper into this before congratulating someone. The cost may well be much higher for the citizens and people of Wisconsin in the long run. Walker does seem to want to move those costs from the government to the people.
  • Chet 2012/02/27 19:15:35
    Chet
    +2
    Once again, our infallible media misses the mark. Great post!
  • JoeBlo 2012/02/27 18:58:27
    JoeBlo
    +4
    This is no surprise... and has been a huge union ploy from the beginning because they knew the truth would come out sooner than later and Walker's policies would put the state on the right path.

http://usa.goooh.com/2011/10/...
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/27 18:50:15
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Good article!
  • angelbaby 2012/02/27 18:16:05
    angelbaby
    +3
    Very nice!
  • Old Timer 2012/02/27 17:55:26
    Old Timer
    +3
    Good article
  • Brad # 2486547 2012/02/27 17:24:20
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    Good for Wisconsin, but what about the Recall vote? Are they going to recall Walker, even after this good news?
  • idonia11 Brad # ... 2012/02/27 18:43:42
    idonia11
    +2
    Yes, the unions are losing money, he has to go so it will be back to business as usual. Hopefully the residents of Wisconsin have a clue and keep him.
  • Brad # ... idonia11 2012/02/27 18:50:15
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    Will the vote be fair? or will there be a lot of voter fraud?
  • idonia11 Brad # ... 2012/02/27 19:30:22
    idonia11
    Hope it will be fair, but only time will tell.
  • Brad # ... idonia11 2012/02/28 13:15:09
    Brad # 2486547
    Good luck there in the Dairy state.
  • sbtbill Brad # ... 2012/02/27 20:18:22
    sbtbill
    Waukesha seems to have a county clerk who is either incompetent or likes to stuff the ballot box with Republican votes.
  • Brad # ... sbtbill 2012/02/28 13:12:47
    Brad # 2486547
    I was thinking that the unions would stuff the ballot box with made up names or dead people. That is the classic move from Unions and democrats.
  • sbtbill Brad # ... 2012/02/28 18:48:06
    sbtbill
    Fortunately, ballot box stuffing by both sides and voting dead people is rare. I doubt it has influenced a Presidential election since 1960 when the first Mayor Daly was still in power. Both parties have come up with better ideas. Both parties worry that the other is doing a lot of it.
  • Brad # ... sbtbill 2012/02/28 18:49:30
    Brad # 2486547
    Sure hope you are right but those unions are pretty powerful.
  • jubil8 ... Brad # ... 2012/02/27 20:39:03
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    The recall movement continues. In fact, the deadline for challenges was today, and Walker said he's not making any because his staff didn't have time to check them (not that the time limit was poor, that he wasn't having his staff use their time to do that). The Government Accountablity Board has to verify enough signatures by March 10, but it looks like that's no problem (there are nearly 2X as many votes as needed).

So, yes, it looks as though WI will have a special gubernatorial election this summer.
  • judge Brad # ... 2012/02/27 21:14:14 (edited)
    judge
    +1
    Write in Gov. Scott Walker in the Dem primary!
    A good man under a lot of pressure, yet doing the right thing.
    http://www3.pictures.zimbio.c...
  • Brad # ... judge 2012/02/28 13:14:23
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    I don't live in Wisconsin, but I agree with what Scott Walker is doing. I hope he can hang on.
  • loony t 2012/02/27 16:48:11
    loony t
    +3
    Very nice
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/02/27 16:22:28
    GINGERBREAD
    +6
    If you will notice, the LAMESTREAM MEDIA is completely silent of the rebirth od Wisconsin. Now, had Wisconsin become a basket case, like, say Illinois or California, that is all we would be hearing. But, these "F"ing liberal media and the unions don't say one word about these two basket cases
  • sbtbill GINGERB... 2012/02/27 20:19:49
    sbtbill
    Jobs are doing much better in California then Wisconsin. Result is our state revenues are exceeding expectations. Last year for the first time in a decade we even got a state budget in on time.
  • GINGERB... sbtbill 2012/02/27 20:27:03
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    Of course it is. That's why California is in a hole so deep, that they can't get out of.
  • sbtbill GINGERB... 2012/02/27 21:49:09
    sbtbill
    California is in a deep hole because of Prop 13 which has stopped us from taxing large corporations. It also put a 2/3 requirment on a lot of things which is undemocratic and tyranical.
  • GINGERB... sbtbill 2012/02/27 22:33:53
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    Wrong! California is in the hole because your politicians only want to spend money, on everything. They really didn't care where the money came from. Now, there is no more money, and they still want to spend. Go figure?

2014/09/22 16:36:04