Will Your Vote Be Counted? Electronic Voting Machines can be Hacked!

Roger47 2012/04/08 04:49:13
I want  a paper ballot!
I am willing to trust electronic voting machines.
Electronic voting machines can be easily hacked, without leaving a trace. If there is no paper trail, there is no way to know whether any election result can be trusted. How do you feel about that?

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/30/research...

• I want a paper ballot!
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +9
    Paper Please. But is there anyway of trusting anyone to do the right thing either way. Just look at the 2000 Florida Election. Hard to say either way, but if the other guy got the job, we may not be facing what we face today!!!

• studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2012/06/20 12:06:48
    I want a paper ballot!
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    Actually I don't trust either one.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/06/02 04:27:19
    I want a paper ballot!
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    It would put a stop to a lot of the fraud they are committing now and planning to in Nov.
  • patriot88000 2012/06/01 16:56:12
    I want a paper ballot!
    patriot88000
    It really does not matter about Electronic Voting Machines being hacked because all of the votes that are cast using electronic voting machines will automatically be transferred to Spain to the Headquarters of the new vote Counting Company called SCYTL.
    SCYTL purchased the old contract, and now unless this Contract which was approved by Obama can be Nullified and Voided out, all of the votes cast using Electronic Voting Machines will be electronically transferred to Spain outside of the jurisdiction of the united states.
    Unfortunately, also no paper trail (ballot) will be available for verification purposes, and the votes cast at the Precinct level will no longer be counted at the Precinct level. George Soros is one of the controlling Stock Holders in SCYTL and he just happens to be a big Obama Supporter. We must do everything in our power to have Congress Nullify and Void out this Contract Purchase before the November elections, otherwise the Election integrity in America (if there is any left) will be lost forever.
  • Gothpirate 2012/06/01 15:00:18
    I want a paper ballot!
    Gothpirate
    Irony when I tried voting earlier there was a glitch and it wouldn't register my vote
  • Elz 2012/05/31 23:11:54
    I want a paper ballot!
    Elz
    just keep things the traditional way.
  • Billyk75 2012/05/31 20:31:18
    I want a paper ballot!
    Billyk75
    Yhe DNC is going to use voter fraud.
  • Dub 2012/05/31 16:16:35
    I want a paper ballot!
    Dub
    +1
    Not that our votes count anyway. It all comes down to the people running the system and the electoral college. Our votes are only a way to make the general public think they have a choice.
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/05/31 13:50:50
    I want a paper ballot!
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    There will still be Chicago-style fraud... paper ballots can be "lost..."
  • Chuck 2012/05/31 09:23:51
    Chuck
    Anytime we become so paranoid that we cannot trust our own upgraded technology then we have not progressed, we have regressed. Anything man creates, man can destroy or render useless; foregone conclusion.
  • Bob DiN 2012/05/31 08:13:18
    I want a paper ballot!
    Bob DiN
    +1
    Don't trust electronic anything. I rather go back to the old manuel lever machines.
  • TuringsChild 2012/05/31 05:19:36
    I want a paper ballot!
    TuringsChild
    +1
    I started warning people about that months ago. Unfortunately I've had NO RESPONSE from my local Registrar of Voters. :p
  • Mrkando 2012/05/31 04:02:37
    Mrkando
    With paper ballots then you have to assume that they are entered correctly, they may not be. Regardless of how it's done you have to take it on faith that there will be no fraud.

Not sure how I feel about it however as I live in a state that we all should have red faces. To be a democrat in this state is an exercise in futility most of the time. But I will keep on trying.
  • Roger47 Mrkando 2012/05/31 16:41:19
    Roger47
    +1
    The paper ones are designed in a way that allows them to be scanned and counted electronically. If there is a claim of fraud, you have a paper trail that will allow the answer to be resolved with reliable proof, by a hand count with observers watching.
    I want a paper ballot!
    +1
    It better, I'll be darned if some illegal scumbag's vote will be counted but not mine.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/05/31 03:14:03
    I want a paper ballot!
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    I want a paper ballot, nondestructively counted by a machine.
  • Kashee 2012/05/31 02:45:33
    I want a paper ballot!
    Kashee
    +1
    No matter what, they'll mess it up here in FL. Land of idiot voting problems.
  • Vitalani 2012/05/31 02:13:20
    I want a paper ballot!
    Vitalani
    Very disturbing..
  • cheshirewayne 2012/05/31 02:08:29
    cheshirewayne
    Electronic voting machines are made by the same company that makes banking machines. Hacking them always requires a special circumstance that does not happen in the polling place.

The rumor that electronic voting machines could be hacked all started in 2002 when Democrats who run a majority of the polling places nationwide discovered that they could not fudge the vote the way they do with paper ballots. With a paper ballot, an old woman with a piece of 2x4 with a bunch of nails in it can vote hundreds of times in 5 minutes.
  • sandra 2012/05/31 01:52:58
    sandra
    Voting is fixed either way. If the majority of people vote for someone that the people in power don`t want in.
    They will fix it for sure. Everything is fixed , to the powerful peoples liking. We are only given the right to vote ,just to shut us up, and to make us think that We are the desicion makers.
    Total BS !
    And considering if the majority of people complain about who gets elected, They have an opportunity to throw it back into our faces by saying " Well you people voted him/her in".
    I don`t vote either way , since I don`t believe in any of them anyways.
  • aherbert 2012/05/31 01:25:19
    I want a paper ballot!
    aherbert
    +1
    Let’s stick to the paper ballot and pray that our voting system have not gotten this corrupt. I hope we learned since the Florida debacle.
  • Elleryqueen 2012/05/31 01:25:16
    I want a paper ballot!
    Elleryqueen
    +1
    Prefer paper, but even then one cannot be sure. All paper ballots should be duplicate. Your vote and your copy for verification if, and well may be, needed.
  • c.stuartHardwick 2012/05/31 01:21:10
    I want a paper ballot!
    c.stuartHardwick
    +4
    As an IT security professional I can tell you, RUN, don't walk, away from electronic voting.
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/04/09 17:00:00
    I want a paper ballot!
    +2
    And then batch counted by a computer scanner.
    I want a paper ballot!
    +1
    The electric voting machines are already FIXED. The IObama has already won the election.
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/04/08 16:13:52
    I want a paper ballot!
    Raymond Allamby
    +3
    end all electronic voting.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/04/08 16:06:33
    I want a paper ballot!
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +4
    I want a paper receipt that verifies the people I have selected on the paper ballot have been recorded correctly after having been scanned into the electronic voting machine.

I believe I ended up with a tea gagger congresswoman because the vote was so close between Buerhkle & Maffei.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/04/08 14:24:36
    I want a paper ballot!
    ProudProgressive
    +6
    I believe that hand marked and hand counted paper ballots should be available to any voter that wishes to use them, and if electronic voting is to be used, it should be required to produce a paper confirmation of the vote to each voter as soon as they vote.
  • #Justic... ProudPr... 2012/04/08 16:07:19
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Amen my friend.
  • I want a paper ballot!
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +9
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/04/08 13:22:52
    I want a paper ballot!
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +6
    The way I would want to vote.
  • twocrows 2012/04/08 12:24:18
    I want a paper ballot!
    twocrows
    +5
    aamof, I HAVE a paper ballot.
    ever since moving to Florida, I have engaged in absentee voting [it's encouraged here]. the state mails me my ballot. I sit down with a cuppa and the computer and google all the candidates/issues and make my decisions accordingly.

I strongly recommend absentee voting. the advantages are many:
    1] I'm a far better educated voter than I was when I voted at the polls. back then, there were times when I had never heard of a matter that was being put to the vote. how the hey was I supposed to make a decision regarding it?
    now, if I haven't heard of an issue, I'm right there at the computer and can learn about it before putting pen to paper.
    2] it is, after all, a paper ballot. safer, by far, than those electronic gizmos that can be hacked or can simply fail.
    3] not to mention the convenience of voting in the comfort of my own home and in my jammies.

it's a win/win/win.
  • #Justic... twocrows 2012/04/08 16:10:04
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    I like that suggestion 2crows. I think I'll contact my Board of Elections & get an absentee ballot.
  • Sinpac 2012/04/08 12:16:16
    I want a paper ballot!
    Sinpac
    +3
    I guess I am fashion I like the paper method.
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/04/08 08:48:28 (edited)
    I want a paper ballot!
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    I rather go to the polling station, but there are many who can't and the electronic should be an alternative if there is no scam in it. Anybody scamming out the votes are denying the voice of the people.
  • twocrows nothing... 2012/06/01 05:54:44
    twocrows
    +2
    exactly that is happening right now - - and they're not even hacking voting machines to do it.
    fully 14 states are disenfranchising legal voters - making it difficult to impossible for hundreds of thousands of citizens to vote.

denying the voice of the people is just what some politicians do.
    fortunately, judges are beginning to act. here in Florida, for instance, a judge just told the state to cease and desist on one of the measures it has implemented that makes registering voters a felony. no, I'm not kidding. I wish I were. the judge did, however, leave some other measures that are every bit as egregious untouched.

Florida could very well replay the 2000 election.
  • nothing... twocrows 2012/06/05 06:16:50
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    I know, but God eyes are open and somebody will pay! Republicans are the ones that's doing these dirty tricks. They can't play a fair game.
  • twocrows nothing... 2012/06/05 20:53:47
    twocrows
    +2
    obviously they know that, if they play fair - they lose. so they rig the system.

and then they accuse the other side of fraud. and how cute is that?
  • nothing... twocrows 2012/06/08 03:56:57
    nothingbutthetruth
    I know, and nothing is cute about i!(:
  • Minarchist 2012/04/08 08:04:52
    Minarchist
    +1
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years. -------Lysander Spooner

2014/10/24 23:51:32