Will You Be Watching the State of the Union Tonight?

ABC News U.S. 2013/02/12 10:00:00
As President Obama prepares for his State of the Union address Tuesday night, Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., and ABC News Political Analyst Nicolle Wallace discussed the opportunity the speech presents for the president and the country.

“The state of the union is the second opportunity for the president to do what he didn’t do in the inaugural address – that’s talk to the 48 or 9 percent of the people that didn’t support him,” Cole said. “I’m hopeful he’ll lay out a much more detailed plan about how to deal with the economy, about how we work together across the partisan divide and perhaps point out some of the places where we have such as the fiscal cliff and Sandy relief where both sides ended up better off because we cooperated instead of fought one another, but again, it’s up to the president. He is the president and he’s the leader so hopefully he’ll set the right tone.”

obama

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/the-s...

• Tom Trojan 2013/02/17 00:59:11
    Tom Trojan
    +1
    I have paint that needs watching while it drys.......
  • JHup BN-0 2013/02/15 00:17:20
  • Bevos 2013/02/13 12:57:54
  • Emo Rocker 2013/02/13 07:17:34
    Emo Rocker
    +1
    only because it's boring and I will be able to youtube it...
  • Bob 2013/02/13 06:22:10
    Bob
    +2
    And why would I waste my valuable time doing that?
  • Cat 2013/02/13 05:10:25
    Cat
    Right now
  • timberwolf 2013/02/13 05:03:46
    timberwolf
    +1
    Well I had planned on it, the first 10 min into it my friend I am taking care of who has alzheimer's said can we watch something else I am tired a looking at him... so we changed the channel...
  • nicesteve 2013/02/13 05:00:54
    nicesteve
    +2
    Sure. It's good for laughs. But hardly much else.
  • Candy 2013/02/13 04:38:04
    Candy
    +2
    Only to hear more lies!!!!! This fake person that has permission to ruin America, is nothing more than a bag of cells
  • AL 2013/02/13 04:30:26 (edited)
    AL
    +2
    Not if my life depended on it!Same old marxist Bull Sh---,just a different day!
  • Flamingolady 2013/02/13 04:16:22
    Flamingolady
    +2
    Was it tonight BO was to spew? Wow, I totally missed his disingenuous, lying BS.
  • ComeOnNow 2013/02/13 04:07:51
    ComeOnNow
    +1
    Obama is the one killing the middle class. Until you idiot democrats can explain how higher taxes, paying people to be lazy and not work, higher regulations, overpowerful trial lawyers, overpowerful unions that cost $450 and 4 different workers to change a light bulb, higher energy costs, higher health care costs, and a give everyone a trophy and pass incompetent students mentality is in any way good for the economy, you really have no substance at all.

Every democrat policy is bad for jobs, bad for the economy, and bad for everyone willing to actually work to get ahead. The only people it is good for is the lazy entitlement junkies that choose to live off the backs of others that shrink the economic pie for everyone.

The democrats only REAL argument is that it is ok to destroy the economy, country, burry our children in debt, and take away people's freedom so that perfectly able bodied people do not have to take responsibility for themselves. So, let’s be honest and argue your case on its merits.

All democrat 'progressive' policies have gotten us is massive debt, a weak economy, a credit downgrade, jobs fleeing in droves, and a whole class of lazy unappreciative entitlement junkies. We need to simply admit that they are failed policies and kick the democrats out. While ...

All democrat 'progressive' policies have gotten us is massive debt, a weak economy, a credit downgrade, jobs fleeing in droves, and a whole class of lazy unappreciative entitlement junkies. We need to simply admit that they are failed policies and kick the democrats out. While the same failed policies have bankrupt Europe and Europe is running from them, the idiot democrats are still pushing for them here. Are they oblivious and greedy for other people's private property, or intentionally trying to destroy the country?

Anyone can be successful. Immigrants come here every day uneducated, broke, and unable to even speak English and have a far higher success rate than Americans born here that are too lazy to even take advantage of a free HS diploma. We need to stop all this democrat whining and blaming others and start expecting able bodied people to actually work and support themselves, live everyone else does, and every generation has done throughout the history of the country.
  • David 2013/02/13 04:05:18
    David
    Of course!
  • AL David 2013/02/13 04:34:05
    AL
    +1
    Why? Its the same old Bull sh-- anyway!
  • David AL 2013/02/13 04:38:11
    David
    Speeches are always worth watching even all you take away is an empty chair or empty glass of water!
  • Nuke David 2013/02/14 05:45:20
    Nuke
    +1
    But it stops being worth it when every word out of the mans mouth is a lie.
  • David Nuke 2013/02/17 20:13:49
    David
    Every word is not possible even for the father of lies, one needs to put words together in a comprehensive statement in order for words to be seen as truth or otherwise!

For example is the word "is" a lie or truth?
  • CommieH... David 2013/03/10 21:02:12
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    It depends on what the definition of "is" is. ala Bill Clinton...
    I guess it depends on who's asking the question too lol.. Clinton,, what a twisted wordsmith.
  • AL David 2013/02/14 07:55:40 (edited)
    AL
    +1
    Not if the liar thats speaking makes you sick to your stomach every time you watch him! As a matter of fact, there was a record low watching audience this time around as well!
  • David AL 2013/02/17 20:38:12
    David
    Al I thoroughly enjoyed watching Romney who could tell a lie as well as the next.

It was great fun watching the 47% he didn't care about become the 100% that he loved and was going to work for as president!

To say nothing of the jeep lie!

Romney is a liar who doesn't really care how many people know what he says is a lie, he just keeps going with it!

There is certainly entertainment value regardless of truth, most of the movies I watch are fiction or based only slightly on actual events, but it doesn't stop me watching them and enjoying them!

A speech likewise is entertaining!

I enjoyed Clint Eastwood's empty chair and Marco Rubio's empty glass of water what they said didn't really matter, truth or otherwise because the props are what became memorable about each speech!

You must have a very weak stomach if any speech makes you sick I can even listen Rush Limbaugh without vomiting and that says a lot! lol
  • AL David 2013/02/22 09:46:35
  • Job 2013/02/13 04:01:22
    Job
    +4
    Actually, it's over with and I didn't watch. I was working out in the gym, which is a much heathier thing to do then watch a damn lier and vomiting on the couch.
  • Nuke 2013/02/13 04:00:22
    Nuke
    +2
    No, I was working.
    2. I don't need to watch the divider and chief lie.
    3. I don't even watch any tv or even have my tv hooked up to anything so I couldn't watch it in any way shape or form anyways even if I wanted to.
  • Zepland 2013/02/13 03:58:52
    Zepland
    +1
    I saw it. He's says he's not looking to make bigger government. But that's not possible with the programs he wants to develop.
    Don't agree with the gun control.
    Other stuff that will just lead to a quibble match.

I can say one thing in his favor. Tonight he did finish his speech by saying "God bless the United States of America."
  • Bevos Zepland 2013/02/13 13:01:40
    Bevos
    +2
    Even though WE KNOW he doesn'tbelieve in God!!!
  • Jessica 2013/02/13 03:56:32
    Jessica
    +1
    It was homework for Government class. I had to take notes. Probably going to watch it eventually in Speech class too. Sigh.
  • CommieH... Jessica 2013/02/13 19:12:00
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    Our sincerest condolences Jessica ;-)
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2013/02/13 03:54:52
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    why do i need to listen to a congenital liar?
  • American Girl 2013/02/13 03:50:40 (edited)
    American Girl
    +2
    I am tired of all the lies that Obama spews.
  • steven 2013/02/13 03:46:59
    steven
    +3
    One must keep up with the most recent lies and empty promises.
  • 1philb 2013/02/13 03:31:59
    1philb
    +2
    I am watching the Westminster Dog Show. No matter which dog wins it will be better than listening to King Hussein.
  • Constitution Believer 2013/02/13 03:30:19
  • polock 2013/02/13 03:06:31
    polock
    +1
    it's on the radio, that's bad enough...he grabs the airwaves for free to preech him propaganda and it's all lies and deciet. but the blind will cheer and follow the Piper...
  • Frank Stephens 2013/02/13 02:59:18
    Frank Stephens
    +1
    To my great anxiety I am watching it now. The 50% of Americans that voted for Obama must be feeling great shame for this disgraceful speech.
  • John Boy 2013/02/13 02:55:44 (edited)
    John Boy
    +3
    The state of the union is a disaster !!! I don't want a wanna be, communist dictator telling me everything is great, when it is not.
  • kcoat 2013/02/13 02:45:02
  • andy15554 2013/02/13 02:43:43
  • rk 2013/02/13 02:41:56
    rk
    +2
    Watched 30 minutes and hs is just spouting out the same blather as the last four years. He just does not understand that we do not want electric cars, solar energy, more taxes, more deficit more lies. He is a complete baffoon. Does not have a clue what to do.
  • Firefly 2013/02/13 02:26:37
    Firefly
    +1
    I'm watching 'Ramsay Behind Bars'...

Two hours of it, as a matter of fact !

Much more inspiring to me ~
  • FlyGalsMom 2013/02/13 02:15:53
    FlyGalsMom
    +3
    Hell NO~~ I can not stand the sound of zero's voice much less watch him for a couple of hours~ he is going to say the same crap he always does only he'll try to spin it differently~

2014/09/24 02:34:54