Will you be glad to show ID when you vote?

paul 2012/06/12 13:03:07

These Zombie ACORN groups can do a lot of damage to the country before we see a Republican White House – and in fact could help prevent one through massive voter fraud.

That’s why citizen journalists across the nation need to be on the lookout for these reanimated ACORN groups.

Black Institute

Community Organizations International

New York became New York Communities for Change

Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment

Texas became Texas Organizing Project

Affordable Housing Centers of America

• Faith ~... Ev Rom 2012/06/15 20:06:31
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    So I guess that wasn't dumbed down enough for you, sad.
  • Ev Rom Faith ~... 2012/06/15 20:10:55
    Ev Rom
    how would I believe its voter suppression if i believe voter ID is ok?
  • Franklin Ev Rom 2012/06/13 12:17:41
    Franklin
    LOL- anyone who does not get all their facts from Attack Watch is ignorant right libtard ?
  • Ev Rom Franklin 2012/06/14 01:34:50
    Ev Rom
    All I have to do is listen and read cons posts and look for information and the truth comes out... How stupid most of them are, right retard?
  • COCO Quietma... 2012/06/13 06:11:16
    COCO
    +1
    Exactly.
  • ed Faith ~... 2012/06/12 23:54:28
    ed
    +3
    I have a solution for those that want to vote and have no I.D,have it set up at where ever they go to vote so that they can get an I.D. right there and then vote.
  • Faith ~... ed 2012/06/12 23:57:13
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    I don't see a problem with that at all. As long as they have the proper documents to get an ID, they should be fine
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 20:14:20
    lee
    you're fine with more government eh?

any idea what that would cost?

any at all?

clue: more than we spend now.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 21:26:41
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Worth it
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 21:30:30
    lee
    figures.

rather than pay government workers to keep the roles up to date, you would rather throw money at the problem in such a way that inhibits voting and inconveniences ppl.

good reason not to give you guys power in the fist place.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 21:38:06
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    I'd prefer that people took responsibility for themselves and, like an adult, purchase their own ID. But that's obviously asking too much.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 21:42:44 (edited)
    lee
    it is for some... who don't have the resources or time or need to get an ID... but never the less still have a right to vote in this country.

i'm sure you would like to change that, but rights are rights... you don't get to take them away because you feel like it, or disagree with how they might vote.

this country has a history of this kind of behavior... and its been on the losing side of that history.

better chose which side of history you want to be on.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 21:47:34
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    As an ADULT, you should have $25 every ten years to buy an ID. The time? Everyone is busy, that's just a lame excuse. Voting IS NOT a right.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 22:25:06
    lee
    voting is not a right?

that would be news to the women and blacks who died to have it... not to mention the founding fathers who fought a war of Independence for it.

taxation without representation or some such wasn't it?
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 22:25:37 (edited)
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Educate yourself. The Constitution contains many phrases, clauses, and amendments detailing ways people cannot be denied the right to vote. You cannot deny the right to vote because of race or gender. Citizens of Washington DC can vote for President; 18-year-olds can vote; you can vote even if you fail to pay a poll tax. The Constitution also requires that anyone who can vote for the "most numerous branch" of their state legislature can vote for House members and Senate members.

Note that in all of this, though, the Constitution never explicitly ensures the right to vote, as it does the right to speech, for example. It does require that Representatives be chosen and Senators be elected by "the People," and who comprises "the People" has been expanded by the aforementioned amendments several times. Aside from these requirements, though, the qualifications for voters are left to the states. And as long as the qualifications do not conflict with anything in the Constitution, that right can be withheld. For example, in Texas, persons declared mentally incompetent and felons currently in prison or on probation are denied the right to vote. It is interesting to note that though the 26th Amendment requires that 18-year-olds must be able to vote, states can allow persons younger than 18 to vote, if they chose to.
    Thanks to Roy Neale for the idea and to Brian Shaprio for some clarifications.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 22:40:12 (edited)
    lee
    i'll educate you instead...

http://www.usconstitution.net...

i also note a little used provision there that says to the extent qualified citizens are DENIED their right to vote, that the "basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion"

what do you make of that?
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 22:50:52
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    Lmao, what's funny is that you attempted to use the same site to show that voting is a right (which it's not), that CLEARLY stated that voting is not a right. Aside from the fact that what you posted in no way says that voting is a right.
    http://www.usconstitution.net...
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 23:48:49
    lee
    i'm not going by what the website says (or Roy Neale and Brian Shaprio, whoever they are...),... i'm going by what the constitution says..

regardless of the motives behind the page you cited, the "right to vote" is mentioned more than once and i think you would have a hard time convincing anyone that we don't have these rights.

nice try tho.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 23:55:53
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    What about the facts is confusing you? Please, show me where in the constitution it guarantees you the right to vote. I won't hold my breath, it's not there.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/14 00:05:16
    lee
    i did... but you refuse to recognize reality.. so what can i do?

your choice. I'm not your mother.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/14 02:17:44
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Are you talking about the 14th amendment? Maybe the 19th or the 15th? Or maybe you're talking about the 23rd, 24th or 26th amendment? Doesn't really matter. The "right to vote" is explicitly stated in the US Constitution in the above referenced amendments but only in reference to the fact that the franchise cannot be denied or abridged based solely on the aforementioned qualifications. In other words, the "right to vote" is perhaps better understood, in layman's terms, as only prohibiting certain forms of legal discrimination in establishing qualifications for suffrage. States may deny the "right to vote" for other reasons.

For example, many states require eligible citizens to register to vote a set number of days prior to the election in order to vote. More controversial restrictions include those laws that prohibit convicted felons from voting or, as seen in Bush v. Gore, disputes as to what rules should apply in counting or recounting ballots.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/14 18:23:58
    lee
    they stauchly defend a right that doesnt' exist?

why would they do that, over and over again?

you are losing.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/14 18:28:40
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    I'm not losing a thing. Either disprove my FACTS, or accept the truth, be thankful that you have been educated, and move on.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/14 18:31:50
    lee
    all i have learned is that you like to pic and choose your reality.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/14 20:48:23
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    If what I have posted is not reality, it should be EASY for you to disprove it. Go ahead. All it would take is a simple Google search. The fact that you continue to deny the truth when it's right there in front of you is pathetic, you're just embarrassing yourself.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/14 20:56:14
    lee
    in what world is disproving a fiction EASY?

you can't dispove fiction... that's insane

boy, are you lost now.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/14 21:02:20
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Are you stoned, or stupid? I showed how and why voting is not a right. Seriously, look it up yourself, it's a fact.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/14 21:12:13
    lee
    actually I provided the website you just pointed to a editorial piece elsewhere on the same site...

editoral is only and opinion and one that most ppl would disagree with.

calling me names does not strenthen your arguement, but actually only proves you are losing it.
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/14 21:20:00
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    What you posted lists reason someone cannot be DENIED voting, not that it's a right.
  • COCO Faith ~... 2012/06/14 04:42:29
    COCO
    +1
    Exactly.
  • Faith ~... COCO 2012/06/14 04:56:30
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Not so sure what about that is so hard to understand.
  • paul lee 2012/06/13 21:53:03
    paul
    If you are a citizen, you should be allowed to vote once per election, if you are not a citizen, you should not be allowed to vote. If you are dead, no one has any business voting with your name.
  • lee paul 2012/06/13 22:25:20
    lee
    and?
  • lee ed 2012/06/13 20:14:25
    lee
    you're fine with more government eh?

any idea what that would cost?

any at all?

clue: more than we spend now.
  • lee Faith ~... 2012/06/13 00:33:09 (edited)
    lee
    yeah because at those places you mention they don't already have a list with your name and address on it that says you're OK to be there and do what you are there to do....

at the polls they have such a list....
  • Faith ~... lee 2012/06/13 03:37:11
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    My pharmacy certainly does have my name, and has filled for me many times, the DMV has my name, and the ability to look at my record but I still have to show them that I am who I say I am. At the airport, I have already given my name and address before purchasing the ticket but I still have to prove that I am who I say I am. The bank has my entire financial history at their fingertips. Polling places have a piece of paper with someone's name and address on it. ANYONE could could come in and say they were someone else. There is absolutely no reason not to have to show an ID.
  • Franklin lee 2012/06/13 12:24:56
    Franklin
    what list ? in 08 14 states had EDR (election day registration ) 23 states are on that list for the 2012 election , so what "list" are you talking about ?
  • lee Franklin 2012/06/13 20:20:01
    lee
    the voter roles... you know the list your guy in FL want's to purge of anyone who even looks like a democrat.
  • ed lee 2012/06/12 23:54:52
    ed
    +1
    good and broke
  • lee ed 2012/06/13 00:35:01
    lee
    and YOUR state?

YOUR state takes money from the FED that MY state puts in.

suck on that.

2014/12/19 15:49:30