Will You Be Eating Horseburgers Now That Obama Made Slaughtering Horses for Human Consumption Legal?

safari 2011/11/30 05:52:35
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! NO!!!! I will not be eating horse even though Obama signed the bill to legalize slaughter for consumption.
Horse burgers - YUM! Thanks for making it legal to slaughter and eat horses obama!
Obama Legalizes Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption

Excerpts: Horse slaughter plants are legal again in the United States. Restrictions on horse meat processing for human consumption have been lifted. courtesy of Google Images

In a bipartisan effort, the House of Representatives and the United States Senate approved the Conference Committee report on spending bill H2112, which among other things, funds the United States Department of Agriculture. On November 18th, as the country was celebrating Thanksgiving, President Obama signed a law, allowing Americans to kill and eat horses. Essentially, one turkey was pardoned in the presence of worldwide media while in the shadows, buried under pages of fiscal regulation, millions of horses were sentenced to death.

In 2008
President Obama made a campaign promise to permanently ban horse slaughter and exports of horses for human consumption.

Wyoming state representative Sue Wallis and her pro-slaughter group estimate that between 120,000 and 200,000 horses will be killed for human consumption per year and that Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Georgia and Missouri, are considering opening slaughter plants.

During these trying times, is the only thing that Democrats and Republicans can agree on is that Americans need to eat horses?

Read The Rest of the Gory Details at the following Technorati Link:

Read More: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/obama-lega...

• yabbadabbadoo 2013/01/06 18:14:21
  • Noelle 2012/06/18 03:25:06
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! NO!!!! I will not be eating horse even though Obama signed t...
    Noelle
    I hate Obama for doing this!!! I love horses and i think this is wrong! STOP HORSE SLAUGHTER please!!!!! Why would u even do horse slaughter? It's like your own pet getting killed,then people r eating it! Horses r like best friends. They don't mean to hurt anybody they're just animals! I think horse slaughter is wrong and so should u!
  • emface 2012/04/04 22:35:22
    emface
    How did this happen? Is this even a true fact?
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/12/05 05:29:16
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    Things under Marxist Obama go from worse to worser every day. Where is PETA on this?
  • glasspixel 2011/12/03 20:36:11
    glasspixel
    Won't eat Bambi, won't eat Donald, won't eat Lassie or Garfield, and will not eat Trigger.
  • monique.d.hall 2011/12/03 04:08:53
    monique.d.hall
    THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!! IT MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACHE!! I WILL STARVE TO DEATH BEFORE I EAT A HORSE...I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS PASSED....
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2011/12/03 04:00:27
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    I had Zebra in Kenya and that was delicious. Where's Peta when you want them?
  • yabbada... Hula gi... 2013/01/06 18:16:27
    yabbadabbadoo
    we can only hope next time your in Kenya eating helpless animals that you get stomped on to death by a stampede of zebras
  • Hula gi... yabbada... 2013/01/07 02:58:32
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    They are raised like cattle for food idiot. Next time I'm in Kenya I'll go back to the same restaurant and eat the same food.
    kenyan resturant zebra kenyan resturant zebra kenyan resturant zebra kenyan resturant zebra
  • yabbada... Hula gi... 2013/01/09 22:14:31
    yabbadabbadoo
    hopefully next time you get food poisoning for a month and drop dead
  • Hula gi... yabbada... 2013/01/11 08:04:33
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    For eating Delicious food in a fine dining restaurant? Why are you a vegetarian. What that chip on your shoulder...you need to brush it off. You are also clueless to other cultures and what farm grown means. No different than cattle here in this country. You must be ignorant and never travel.
  • unicorn_lady1 2011/12/03 02:39:45
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    save the whales but eat the horses?
  • Ramon 2011/12/02 09:39:15
    Ramon
    +1
    Sorry....not for me!
    eating horses funny
  • maggied45 2011/12/02 07:53:46
    maggied45
    I just hope they don't find a way to disguise it and sell it like chop meat without us knowing. I'd rather eat deer meat if I couldn't get beef.
  • JHup BN-0 2011/12/01 21:44:22
    JHup BN-0
    +2
    Not really undecided - the other answer choices were just too dumb to pick from. I would not eat horse, because of personal prejudice, just as I would also never willingly eat dog, cat, monkey or rabbit - to me they are pets, not a food source. People in other parts of the world feel otherwise.
  • Piper 2011/12/01 19:19:39
    Piper
    +1
    The 5yr ban did not prevent horses from being slaughtered, they were shipped to Canada and Mexico to be slaughtered for consumption. PETA actually supports the lifting of the ban, especially if exporting of the horses is also banned.
    Even if I ate animals, I would not be eating a horse.....
  • master of free thinking 2011/12/01 12:42:26
    master of free thinking
    +3
    horse meat is the best meat there is (low in fat rich in creatine) its very common to eat horse meat around the world (meat is meat) but i would never eat a horse and i would never eat bambi too!
  • Deep007 2011/12/01 12:15:43
    Horse burgers - YUM! Thanks for making it legal to slaughter and eat horses o...
    Deep007
    Medium rare please...thank you
  • Minarchist 2011/12/01 06:46:34
    Minarchist
    +1
    Do you know why chickens and Dogs are not on the endangered species list? Private ownership. I'm sure horse meat will be a very lean meat, letting for less heart problems.
  • socokid 2011/12/01 05:18:16
    socokid
    +2
    Meh. Was only a 5 year ban anyway, and still would never become popular enough to make a dent in the other species we eat.

Just because we can ride them doesn't magically make them unable to be slaughtered an eaten. We torture countless animals every day for cheeseburgers, so what's the difference?
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2011/12/01 04:45:35
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    I'll try anything once.
  • Just me ♥ 2011/12/01 04:11:12
    Just me ♥
    +1
    I would rather ride them than eat them. I suppose it is the wild horses that they are going to go after. I read a story several months ago of a lady who was trying to round some of them up and put them on her private land and start a horse sanctuary, but the govt stopped her from doing it. What does Obama have to gain by doing this?
  • Rave Just me ♥ 2011/12/01 13:34:51
    Rave
    +2
    It's probably an economic decision, the ban was only put in place around 5 years ago. And after that all the business has been taking place in Canada, American horses are still being slaughtered for meat, they are just shipped to Canada and then to the rest of the world. So it doesn't change anything, it just makes it legal again to serve horse meat and slaughter the animals in America.
  • Just me ♥ Rave 2011/12/02 02:37:45
    Just me ♥
    +1
    That's horrible. I'm still not eatig it....
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/01 04:10:40
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    Ewwwww, that is sick.
  • master ... WhereIs... 2011/12/01 12:46:57
    master of free thinking
    no more sick than killing a pig a bambi or any other animal for eating. mankind is a carnivore
  • Woots 2011/12/01 03:20:11
    Woots
    +2
    He's been feeding us horse chit for over three years now, might as well eat the horse too.
  • Reggie☮ 2011/12/01 02:57:12
    Reggie☮
    +1
    No thank you, the Oboooma family can have mine.
  • Salt n Pepper 2011/12/01 01:45:03
    Salt n Pepper
    +1
    The first signs we are on our way to a third world future.
  • Rave Salt n ... 2011/12/01 13:35:21
    Rave
    +2
    The horse meat ban was only put in place 5 years ago, so 5 years ago America was a third world country?
  • Arizona1950 2011/12/01 01:20:50
    Arizona1950
    +1
    There's a lot I haven't tried so its possible Horse burgers may join the list. Will it taste like chicken?
  • srini 2011/12/01 01:11:06
    srini
    How about bh0 take some Kobe horsemeat FIRST?
  • Ira 2011/12/01 00:59:57
    Ira
    Cow, horse, buffalo. Same crap. Dead animal. We do not need meat to live well and healthy. It is the lazy way out of being responsible stewards of planet Earth.
  • Birthpangs 2011/12/01 00:57:31
  • redhorse29 2011/12/01 00:54:21
    redhorse29
    Have had horse meat and it tastes bad and has a nasty texture. But I am sure there are some minority or illegal aliens that will buy the stuff.
  • Tennyson James 2011/12/01 00:17:59
    Tennyson James
    Can anyone provide the specific text of the bill that lifts the ban on horsemeat for human consumption? I looked at the text myself, but didn't see it addressed other than the fact that it prohibited funding of FDA inspections of horse meat (for human consumption). The article in the link provided cited no source to back up what it claimed.
  • Tennyso... Tennyso... 2011/12/01 00:36:20
    Tennyson James
    +3
    Okay, I did some more research and understand what has happened now. The prior ban was "lifted" via not being included in the current bill. I learned that the slaughtering of horses (prior to the ban) was a $62 million dollar industry in the U.S. and the horses were not slaughtered for humans to eat the meat, but were slaughtered so that their bodies could be rendered and made into all kinds of products we use daily. Think about it: What do we do with our dead horses? Some people bury or cremate them, but most have them picked up by rendering companies. It is really not as heinous as it sounds, and the objective of lifting the ban was in no way meant to promote the human consumption of horsemeat. Check your facts people - I can't say it often enough. :-)
  • ed 2011/11/30 23:43:22
    ed
    not no but HELL NO
  • Loverofcountry 2011/11/30 22:23:36
    Loverofcountry
    +1
    I will be keeping a sharp eye out for horse meat in anything that contains meat. Read the ingredients label very carefully.
  • YOMOMMA 2011/11/30 21:52:04
    YOMOMMA
    nooooooo! People should not be eating meat at all!

2014/08/21 04:19:27