Will Voting For Ron Paul Help or Hurt Obama's Chances of Re-election?

Semper Fi 2012/06/12 15:23:49

With Paul in the race, Romney would win with 44 percent of the vote, followed by Obama with 39 percent and Paul with 13 percent, if the election were this week, according to the May 6-7 poll of 1,000 likely voters. The margin of error is plus or minus three percentage points.

Rasmussen Reports' most recent daily tracking poll of the presidential race has Romney at 49 percent and Obama at 44 percent in a two person race.

A Paul candidacy would hurt Obama most among independents, the poll suggests. Paul would only gain the votes of five percent of Democrats, but would win 23 percent of independents. Only 31 percent of the remaining independents would go to Obama and Romney would win 37 percent of the independent vote.

*********

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's son, endorsed Mitt Romney for president late Thursday night, just a day after his father admitted that he could not be the GOP nominee given his delegate count.

"My first choice has always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He's still my first pick," Paul, a founding member of the Senate Tea Party Caucus, told Fox News' Sean Hannity. "But now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting Gov. Mitt Romney."

Read More: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ron-paul-would-t...

• DM Twin 2012/06/12 17:03:47
    A Ron Paul vote will help re-elect Obama
    DM Twin
    +7
    Ok Paulinistas..

VOTE FOR THE ACTUAL REPUBLICAN OR STAY HOME..

Write in Ron Paul and YOU ARE VOTING FOR OBUTTHOLE...

If youWANT Obama to win re-electrion do as you will... that just makes you a commicrat so QUIT LYING about being a Libertarian . If you were a Libertarian... YOU WOULD VOTE FOR THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE.... Don't be a Hypocrtie .

• Katfish 2012/06/13 18:15:01
    A Ron Paul vote will help defeat Obama
    Katfish
    +1
    Votes for Obama help Obama.
    I vote for the best person on the ballot.
  • BUCKY-- SKYNYRD 2012/06/13 15:05:42
    BUCKY-- SKYNYRD
    +1
    i voted for ross in 92 because bush 41 broke his promise on tax's. this year there is to much at stake,even though there is so much i like about ron paul. his son rand knows this that's why he publicly endorsed mitt
  • Bevos 2012/06/13 14:11:26 (edited)
    Bevos
    +1
    But, why would you want to reelect Obama? That poll is today. Who knows what it will be in Nov. Why take the chance? And those are ACTUAL numbers. If you factor in the fraudulent votes that we KNOW beforehand that Obama is going to have, somehow, we need ALL the votes to go to Romney that we can.
    And we also need to get a law passed that if any person is involved in, or their Campaign group is involved in ANY fraud at the polls, they are automatically DISQUAILFIED!!!
  • Elleryqueen 2012/06/13 12:16:33
    Elleryqueen
    There are those on here that will not vote for either candidate, Romney or oblunder. That of course is your choice.

Some state that they will not vote for the lesser of two evils. Well guess what folks, this is politics. The choice, at least for the last forty or fifty years, has always been between the lesser of two evils. Didn't used to be that way. Believe it or not there was a time when some politicians had a little integrity. Sadly, no longer the case.

I am not a fan of Romney, but if he is the nominee, and it seems very likely that he will be, I will vote for him.

Stands to reason mathematically that a vote for anyone else is a vote for oblunder soooooooo, if you want another four years of wannabe dictator oblunder then stay home or vote for someone else.
  • 2sly 2012/06/13 08:03:11
    2sly
    +1
    Those that turn on Mitt and throw a vote for Paul will be only aiding Obama in getting re elected. Ron Paul needs to fold up his tent and go home. It's over Ron better luck next time. Even your son backs Romney.
  • 9th of 9 2sly 2012/06/13 12:05:46
    9th of 9
    +2
    How can someone who has never supported Mitt, turn on Mitt?

That's like saying I turned on Obama because I didn't vote for Obama.
  • Marek 2012/06/13 04:51:45
    Marek
    Based on the Rasmussen poll vote for Ron Paul is not going to make a difference in either case Romney leads by five points. That may change however quickly so I would prefer that Ron Paul supporters follow the lead of his son and vote for Romney. The goal being to defeat 0bama in November. After that go to work to shift republican party to more conservative side.
  • Arizona1950 2012/06/13 04:01:56
    A Ron Paul vote will help defeat Obama
    Arizona1950
    +2
    if he is the Republican nominee. If he is not than I will be voting Gary Johnson. I won't vote Caligula vs Nero in trying to decide who is the craziest as they both contributed to the downfall of Rome ... one through decadence and the other through much the same.

Gary Johnson, a "successful" 2-term governor, who cut spending while adhering to founding principles in his state of NM. He cut big government and balanced the budget and stands up to the status quo.
  • Marek Arizona... 2012/06/13 04:58:24
    Marek
    +2
    Ron Paul is not the republican nominee and that that. Gary Johnson may have been a good governor but he is not getting more than 1 to 2 percent of the vote. In my opinion any vote not for Romney helps 0bama and that is just an obamination.
  • Arizona... Marek 2012/06/13 05:05:50 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    +2
    We don't know who the Republican nominee is yet. Gary Johnson brings more to the table than Romney who only brings money because he certainly can't beat Johnson on his record. No more than Obama can.

I won't vote the lesser of two evils ... who destroyed Rome more Caligula or Nero? It doesn't matter they both did it in their own way. The problem with voting the lesser of two evils is you know you are voting for a two-headed snake who will reveal himself for what he is in time.

In my opinion your fear of Obama clouds your ability to think clearly.
  • Marek Arizona... 2012/06/13 05:37:16
    Marek
    +2
    Actually the down fall of Rome began with Julius Caesar and cult of personality that surrounded him. Caligula and Nero were merely a logical result of that cult which Caesar started and nurtured.
  • Arizona... Marek 2012/06/13 05:40:11
    Arizona1950
    +3
    Well I wasn't really making this a history quiz ... just associating Obama vs. Romney with Caligula vs Nero but if Julius makes you feel better go for it.
  • Bevos Arizona... 2012/06/13 14:23:49
    Bevos
    +2
    You ARE the one that brought them up. Many times.
  • Arizona... Bevos 2012/06/14 02:20:15
    Arizona1950
    Were we talking to you?
  • Bevos Arizona... 2012/06/14 13:24:29
    Bevos
    +1
    Is this site only for you?
  • Arizona... Bevos 2012/06/15 00:46:31
    Arizona1950
    It was addressed to my genius.
  • Bevos Arizona... 2012/06/13 14:22:11
    Bevos
    +1
    Then where was he in the beginning of the Primaries? Don't know anything about him. THis Gary Johnson.
  • Arizona... Bevos 2012/06/15 00:49:12
    Arizona1950
    He was there in the beginning and suffered much the same as Ron Paul ... voter fraud and media blackouts. He didn't have the name recognition to support campaining further so he dropped out. He was a 2-term successful governor of New Mexico of the Libertarian Party. He stood up to the status quo and big government. He is definitely not another one-term failed governor like Flip Romney.
  • Tink123 2012/06/12 20:39:38
    Tink123
    +2
    Don't know and don't care. I'm voting for my principles, not against those of others.
  • sbtbill 2012/06/12 20:10:02
    sbtbill
    +2
    Actually, I'm not undecided. A Ron Paul vote is a throw away. If you want to vote for his ideas vote for Gary Johnson. At least you'd be helping keep Libertarian ideas on the ballot.
  • ally 2012/06/12 18:41:39
    ally
    Thank you, in advance.
  • **Bessie** 2012/06/12 18:16:17
    **Bessie**
    +3
    Ron Paul voters...do the right thing for this country! Please!
  • Semper Fi **Bessie** 2012/06/12 20:42:47
    Semper Fi
    +3
    I sure hope they do, Bessie!
  • **Bessie** Semper Fi 2012/06/13 14:20:10
    **Bessie**
    Me too!
  • 9th of 9 **Bessie** 2012/06/13 12:06:41
    9th of 9
    +2
    We are.
  • Charge 2012/06/12 18:07:15
    Charge
    +2
    Ron Paul people are definitely short sighted, there will be no Ron Paul on the National ballot unless he runs as a third party candidate.
  • ray 2012/06/12 17:57:44
    A Ron Paul vote will help defeat Obama
    ray
    +3
    I don't like any of the candidates, but I absolutely HATE Obama. Ron Paul wants to get rid of our army, by Obama wants to completely ruin this country. Romney will most likely do bad, but I'm praying he will manage to beat that socialist/wanna be dictator, Obama.
  • Katfish ray 2012/06/13 18:19:21
    Katfish
    Paul in no way wants to "get rid of our army". He does want most of them station on our own soil until a declaration of war.
  • ray Katfish 2012/06/14 00:53:24
    ray
    +1
    I don't know much about Paul, so I'm not going to argue.
  • bob h. 2012/06/12 17:33:14
    bob h.
    +1
    Not like he needs help at this point. The Vegas Book has Romney going off at the same odds as Palin.
  • HOMBRE 2012/06/12 17:20:21
    HOMBRE
    +4
    I know Obama signed a pledge to a green communist party.This should be enough to get him voted out of OFFICE.You vote a third party you take a chance of putting a communist back in the White House. I just remember Obama holding hands and whispering sweet nothing in Russkie ear saying wait until after the election I will be free to do what ever I want. That scares me folks. A communist that can do what ever he wants. I think I will vote Romney .At least he not a communist.That use to be a bad word when I was growing up. I saw fist fights over being called a communist when I was little.
  • DM Twin 2012/06/12 17:03:47
    DM Twin
    +7
    Ok Paulinistas..

• john Kills 2012/06/12 16:11:39
    A Ron Paul vote will help defeat Obama
    john Kills
    +2
    I WILL NOT support dumney. If paul isn't on the ballot, any ballot I will vote for Gary Johnson. Dumney supports TSA, patriot act, NDAA, spy drones, executive orders. Any president is supposed to protect and uphold the constitution, no ignore it and make communist/dictatorship policy or disrespect the rights of the people. Dumney can kiss my dick and go to hell the same as barry.
  • ray john Kills 2012/06/12 17:54:54
    ray
    +4
    You should support "Dumney" because he's the only person that can beat Obama.
  • john Kills ray 2012/06/13 01:44:30
    john Kills
    +1
    I'm not voting against barry. I am voting for liberty. Dumney does not support freedom and I don't support him.
  • ray john Kills 2012/06/13 03:53:16
    ray
    "Dimney" does support freedom. He will try to help, but most likely he won't succeed.
    "Berry" does not want liberty, he wants to be a dictator. Unfortunately for him, the Constitution let him, so he going to settle as a socialist.
  • Semper Fi john Kills 2012/06/12 18:15:14 (edited)
    Semper Fi
    +1
    So Romney would be no better than Obama? At least we've seen first hand the damage Obama has done..
  • john Kills Semper Fi 2012/06/13 01:52:13
    john Kills
    +1
    I don't need to see first hand what dumney will do. He's already told us. He supports the patriot act, TSA/homeland security, NDAA. Come on Marine, we both swore oaths to protect the constitution. Voting for a man who has already told you he supports violating people's rights and the constitution is not protecting the constitution. Would george washington or thomas jefferson vote for dumney or Ron Paul? Remember, these men gave up fortunes of money and bled, saw their families and friend die to make the constitution and this country a reality.
  • ray john Kills 2012/06/13 03:56:15
    ray
    Romney has not done anything wrong. He will as president, but on accident. Unlike Obama who will do anything to make us suffer, as long as the media covers it up.
  • Bevos john Kills 2012/06/13 14:31:18
    Bevos
    I know damn well they would NEVER vote for Obama!!!

2014/10/01 22:44:08