Will USA go to WAR to SAVE Egypt?

Huki68 2011/01/29 06:31:26
Related Topics: War

• scott 2011/02/06 20:17:37
    scott
    +1
    True, USA is unlikely to go to war Egypt. But to Sandra, I agree with you but you need to get your facts straight. You think out military's equipment is broken. HAHA we have the newest, most advanced, and most leathal equipment in the world. i know this being a marine. im going to Afghan for my third tour in November. We are not warn out, PTSD out. True we might be out numbered at times, but you should read of a man named John Basilone. Him and two others fended off 3000 Japanese on the first day of battle in Iwo Jima. And before you start attacking the older Vets, how bout you spend a moment in their shoes back in Viet Nam, Korea, Desert Storm. Basically you should be careful what you say cuz there are people out there who wil prove you wrong time and time again!
  • Chaya2010 2011/02/04 13:42:49
    Chaya2010
    +1
    I doubt the US will ever go to war to save Egypt unless it threatened the world.
  • sandra dorsey 2011/02/01 14:13:35
    sandra dorsey
    +1
    Like it or not, we (USA) are broke. Though the politicians (americian) wont admit it. Currently, we cant even help ourselves but we are helping everyone else, and every other country. Think its time we hang it up and admit we are broke, our military cant handle another war front (equipment is old, dont work, etc. and our troops are either worn out, PTSD out, or out numbered one way or the other.) Personally, with the way this country (usa) economically is, war might solve alot of problems..call up the older vets..send them over there...let them get shot up. Then the younger folks wouldnt be crabbing about how the older folks have created all the worlds problems, etc. PLUS, they would have no one else to crab about with the older vets/older folks not providing all the tax dollars for them to live on welfare, disability money. They would have to get off their fannies and work for their own monies. Whats more..they might actually even have to learn how to cook, IF foods, gas, power, sugar, tea/coffees, etc were rationed like they did in Europe for years.
  • Delete 2011/02/01 09:41:34
  • Cameron Gosier 2011/01/31 18:49:26
    Cameron Gosier
    +1
    I'm Getting ready to ship off to fort benning for basic training im down for anything.
  • FATEEN 2011/01/29 21:10:36
    FATEEN
    +1
    It's amazing because a very close friend of mine who was studing for almost a year just got back to Las Vegas a few weeks ago and now this happens.

It's nothing that will cause international military intervention. The government actually made the situation worse when they cut off the internet and hampered cellular phone service. No other nation has ever cut off the entire internet. Not even Iran or China when they had their situations a few years ago. They just slowed it down. When I look at it this way I don't look down with discuss at the angry mobs of people on the streets I look at what's wrong with the government and what they are actually trying to hide that may be embrassing to them that they do not want the outside world to see. They are denying these people free speech, the freedom to communicate, people getting arrested for protesting. If you stop them in any way even in this nation people are going to get angry especially when it concerns matters involving our government.

There appearst to be people looking at the angry protesters with disdain. I don't think that many people on the street are angry over nothing. I have a brother who has an Egyptian wife and her family is protesting as well. I don't think many of the respondents even know what the hell is going on.

...

There is no room for military intervention. The United States first of all will be perceived once again in a bad light by the Islamic world despite the good intentions to restore order, yet it's not that huge. The United States has not intervened in behalf of Israel against the Palestinians.

We look at these civilians protesting but they are actually DOING what millions of scary Americans are simply thinking and just talking about. President Obama, President Bush, etc. we say: impeach him, no one gets impeached we think all kinds of things that these leaders have done wrong or are doing wrong but these people are actually doing what we are only thinking. I take my hat off to these people.

Egypt has never had any problems of this magnitude. I've never been to Egypt I've been to Ghana Senegal and Morrocco these are very peaceful undisturbed Islamic nations and everyone I know who has gone to Egypt Muslim and non Muslim have falling in love with this nation.

The United States told this man to increase open and free speech to the people to increase democracy but the Egyptian President resist this. Our governing leaders told them to allow peaceful protests. What are they dong? Their beating the sh!t out of people on the street. Kicking their teeth in for God's sake. What the hell?

If anything is going to happen because of what the governing leaders are doing will cause them not to receive any additional aide from the United States. That's what the out come will be.
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2011/01/29 19:42:20
  • hmjtrj-searching for truth 2011/01/29 15:16:01
    hmjtrj-searching for truth
    +1
    Save Egypt from what ?? She seems to be doing pretty good on her own. If you mean to save Mubarak .......no ! Nor should we. They want freedom. They just need to keep the mullahs or the 'brotherhood' from taking over. That won't be freedom.
  • Che Guevara - Hero 2011/01/29 15:14:45
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    I sure hope not. Mubarak is a thug and should be left to the lions.
  • FATEEN Che Gue... 2011/01/29 21:15:07
    FATEEN
    Before Obama became president the previous administration was in dialogue with Mubarak he was informed to let the civilians protest peacefully, to demonstrate to express their disatisfaction. Yet he wouldn't listen. He wouldn't listen because he perceived Bush as naive, controlled by subordinates. Many of us here viewed Bush the same way.

This and many other things strained relations with our diplomats here in America because they where telling him to do the things that won't cause the problem that he is having now. I just had a friend leave Egypt a few months ago. Whew.
  • oldcavpilot 2011/01/29 15:13:36
    oldcavpilot
  • wombat 2011/01/29 13:51:52
    wombat
    +1
    Well we dont have the reps in charge right now so you can assume we wont go stupid on that case.
  • elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2011/01/29 11:12:46
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
  • Sam 2011/01/29 10:48:30
    Sam
    +1
    Obama didn't care about protestors in Iran dying in the streets. I won't care about Egypt either. It's not politically expedient for him...
  • notPCguy ~JLA~ 2011/01/29 07:17:55
    notPCguy ~JLA~
    +1
    Anything is possible.....we already have the firepower in the region......
  • FATEEN notPCgu... 2011/01/29 21:16:18
    FATEEN
    It's not that serious...damn.
  • notPCgu... FATEEN 2011/01/30 04:52:03
    notPCguy ~JLA~
    I know just saying its possible
  • Rusty Shackleford 2011/01/29 07:05:16
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Not a chance in hell.
  • Beverly 2011/01/29 06:55:26
    Beverly
    +2
    I really don't know. It would not surprise me. We can always find millions of dollars to help other countries out of a crisis except out own.
  • Zuggi 2011/01/29 06:51:31
    Zuggi
    +5
    Regardless of the outcome, going to war is extremely unlikely.
  • bobofloblaws 2011/01/29 06:43:10
    bobofloblaws
    +4
    save it from what? the people that live there?
  • FATEEN boboflo... 2011/01/30 06:11:22
    FATEEN
    Why not their human beings. The events have not escalated causing for that type of international military intervention.
  • boboflo... FATEEN 2011/01/30 06:15:49
    bobofloblaws
    +1
    I don't think you understood what I was saying. I mean that the people that live there want to take back control from the tyrannical government. So who would be saved from an intervention? The tyrannical government. Let the people take over is my point.
  • ☆Hitler was a community org... 2011/01/29 06:42:21
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    +2
    never let a good crisis go to waste...and Obama has already wasted two
  • flaca BN-0 2011/01/29 06:38:34 (edited)
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    Not right now, but maybe later. If Mubarak gets deposed (a strong possibility) I foresee the religious mullahs taking control. Then we will have the problem of an extremely nervous Israel. If tensions flare up between israel and Egypt in the near future, we may get involved. But I think it will be a big mistake. Good question huki (and a very complex one)
  • heather 2011/01/29 06:36:07
    heather
    +2
    It depends on what their President can accomplish. We have soldier there now, so our presences is known. But I'm sure we are standing by, letting their President figure it out before we jump in.
  • FATEEN heather 2011/01/30 06:24:35
    FATEEN
    I have a strong respect for comment. Many western powers have strongly advised Mubarak to hold free elections. I believe they are making strong attempts for him to sort this mess out before they have to step in. No military intervention would be a good idea. Our military presence is not perceived positively in the middle east. American diplomats have been advising him for years.
  • heather FATEEN 2011/01/30 06:29:06
    heather
    Do you know why we have soldiers in Egypt? And do you know how they feel about it. As for the middle east not "positively perceiving" us, that's not true in all cases. May Afghan people want us there, and need and respect our help. My husband work closely with him while deployed and he said that the people there was so nice and respectful and thanks him and fellow soldiers for being there, when they didn't have to be.

2014/10/23 08:41:15