Will the party of Lincoln heed this warning from his own lips?

#Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS 2011/04/28 17:50:47
Here is a sobering quote by Abe Lincoln:

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864
(letter to Col. William F. Elkins)
Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

• Grace 2011/04/28 19:41:08
    Are they too far gone by the spirit of greed?
    Grace
    +5
    I don't even recognize the Republican party anymore. They have become the party of greed, deceit, distortions, smear, hate, violence, accept no responsiblity for what they have done and are continuing to do, do not care about what is left of the middle class, etc.

• Stan 2011/05/03 19:52:43
    Stan
    +2
    It started with the Regan Administration, and has escalated to this day. The destruction, greed and avarice of using Supply Side Economics to continually give tax cuts to the Filthy rich (Their aristocratic masters), has caused the majority of the debt we have today. The Bush II administration was the Coup De Grace in creating this near-depression, and it's been downhill from there. They OBSTRUCTED everything Obama has tried to do to fix the mess they have created, and they did everything in their power to obstruct, and make him fail. There is no patriotism to help their country or the people they have done so much damage to. They are hell-bent on regaining control from this new Black President.

The greed and avarice has just increased to the point that they held this country hostage just to enrich their aristocratic masters. In order to secure that last tax cut for their aristocratic masters, they were threatening to withhold unemployment checks to the very people they made unemployed by creating the near-depression. They pretend to cut spending, fix the economy, reduce the deficit, and create jobs by cutting spending on the backs of the poor. They have done the reverse of what they promised to do. The final insult is to make demands that would drive this country back into ...

The greed and avarice has just increased to the point that they held this country hostage just to enrich their aristocratic masters. In order to secure that last tax cut for their aristocratic masters, they were threatening to withhold unemployment checks to the very people they made unemployed by creating the near-depression. They pretend to cut spending, fix the economy, reduce the deficit, and create jobs by cutting spending on the backs of the poor. They have done the reverse of what they promised to do. The final insult is to make demands that would drive this country back into a depression. Their threat for not getting what they want is to prevent the government from raising the debt ceiling, and cause a world wide Depression. They have attacked Unions, Collective Bargaining, and the middle and poor classes of this country in order to crush any future resistance to their complete control.

Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy(The filthy Rich). Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world. For thousands of years, conservatism was universally understood as being in opposition to democracy, and the destruction of reason.

Conservatives do not trust the intellect or the will of the people. Conservatism calls for us to surrender to an acknowledged aristocracy of those with great wealth, leadership abilities, power and cunning. Free people will never let that happen.
  • #Justic... Stan 2011/05/03 20:55:08
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    I love it when you tell it like it is Stan. As always, completely true & excellently stated.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2011/04/29 02:09:23
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +2
    They listen to no one and have no real course for the future of America.Can we really call it the Republican party anymore?
  • #Justic... CAROLYN... 2011/04/29 02:20:46
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    I would say no Carolyn. If Abraham Lincoln could see his party now I believe he'd disown it.
  • CAROLYN... #Justic... 2011/04/29 02:25:02
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +2
    I agree,Ol Abe would not be a apart of it!
  • ETpro 2011/04/29 00:35:09
    ETpro
    +4
    There is no longer a Party of Lincoln. The fascist white supremacy wing has taken over. The only mantra now is perpetual tax cuts for the rich and big business, with cuts to vital services and education to help pay for them. Even more debt is fine just so long as the borrowing is transferred to the wealthy and corporate welfare. It's full blown corporatism, and trying to appease them is not going to work any better than it did with that famous Fascist of the past, Hitler. There will ever be a tax cut compromise that cuts taxes far enough for the rich, or burdens the poor enough to satisfy them. It's time for an alternative party, because Democratic or Republican, the one thing this country doesn't need is single party rule.
  • Paradox25 2011/04/28 23:54:05
    Paradox25
    +3
    Well Thomas Jefferson must have known a thing or two himself when he said we may need multiple revolutions. The Republican Party didn't exist then but Jefferson was still a conservative, and a freethinker. The Republican Party originally had a platform very similar to the modern Libertarian Party.

Conservatives at one time used to be freethinkers now freethinking seems to be looked down upon by so many self-proclaimed 'conservatives' today. A true conservative today is considered a liberal by the majority of 'conservatives' today, how ironic. I know one thing, Lincoln would definitely not be a Republican today that is for sure. Most of the other Republicans would throw Lincoln out of the party as a 'closet liberal'.

Unfortunately special interests have penetrated the deepest ranks of our government so I'm not even sure voting for the 'best' candidate/s will do anything at this point until more voters themselves start utilizing their own freethinking abilities rather than allowing group funded propaganda to do their thinking for them.
  • #Justic... Paradox25 2011/04/29 00:03:17
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Yanno Paradox, I couldn't agree with you even more.
  • kenny 2011/04/28 23:23:11
    kenny
    +4
    The republican party has gone psycho, and makes no sense at all.
    If people don't wake up and get some common sense soon, we are going to be the next 3rd world country.
  • #Justic... kenny 2011/04/28 23:28:41
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Hey Kenny, how have you been? Long time no see. You are so correct my friend.
  • kenny #Justic... 2011/04/28 23:47:11
    kenny
    +2
    Wassup!
  • #Justic... kenny 2011/04/29 00:03:52
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    I'm doing well & hope life has been treating you well also.
  • Grace 2011/04/28 19:41:08
    Grace
    +5
  • #Justic... Grace 2011/04/28 20:26:32
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    I agree with you Grace. Nelson Rockefeller was the governor of NY from my childhood till I was dang near an adult. He was nothing like what I see in the GOP the last 30 years.
  • goinpostal 2011/04/28 19:27:28
    goinpostal
    +2
    AMERICAN ELITIST RUN THIS COUNTRY

2014/12/22 10:39:07