Will the ACA (ObamaCare) have a "Death Panel?"

Huntclan 2012/08/15 02:25:06
Yes, I have no doubt it. I am mad as a wet hen too!!!
10 votes
31%
Yeah, But one man's Death Panel is another's "End Of Life Facilitator"...
4 votes
13%
No, Obama Says "No" and this time he means it!
3 votes
9%
No, But even if Death Panels came to fruition it would be fine by me!!!
1 vote
3%
Don't know, Don't care...
0 votes
0%
Beats Me...
0 votes
0%
Cuckolds are people too...
0 votes
0%
Maybe, maybe not...
0 votes
0%
I know the answer, but if I told you I would have to kill you...
1 vote
3%
I will consult my Magic 8-Ball to find the answer...
1 vote
3%
0 votes
0%
0 votes
0%
12 votes
38%
Sarah Palin has warned about ObamaCare Death Panels to no avail. Americans seem to poo poo the idea of Death Panels. But everyday it seems we are finding out that this Administration has lied about more and more. I think it is time to revisit the "Death Panel" debate to investigate whether Obama lied to us about this also.

The following is a clip from Western Center For Journalism:

Obamacare-like “Death Panels” are already emptying out hospital beds in the United Kingdom. According to one report last year the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) euthanized 130,000, mostly expendable seniors. Its benignly named “Care Pathways”, kills almost 360 people every day.

Now it’s Obamcare’s turn to euthanize undesirables. The Supreme Court gave Barack Obama the right to start his own extermination program. Anybody who needs “a little bit too much care” will get put on Obama’s list. If you were born before January 1, 1953 he has put a target on your back. You had better not get sick and you had better pray someone derails Obamcare’s euthanasia train before a “Death Panel” gavel comes down on your life. When Obama’s verdict is death for you there can be no appeal – that’s in the bill.

This system needs your death to appear to work. That is the reality of the Supreme Court’s ruling – make believe that’s not a clear and present danger and you are fooling yourself – it’s that simple and that serious.

Death Panel like functions are currently undertaken by the Insurance Companies themselves. Do you want the Government taking this over? The Government is now having a referendum on Birth Control. The Government cannot have a referendum on every drug, disease or ailment that will occur in the future. The fact is, they will need to set up a bureaucratic element to decide who and what gets treated.

What do you think?

Will ObamaCare have Death Panels?

Read More: http://www.westernjournalism.com/uks-death-panels-...

Question Closed

• Rodney 2012/08/15 06:50:29
    Rodney
    +3
    For the proof of this, look up Comparative Effectiveness Research. It was funded heavily prior to the passage of Obie care, but is a central part of Obie care and is in the Health care reform legislation. In a nutshell, what it is, is a bureaucracy that makes the decisions on what level of care you qualify for. If you are elderly, physically or mentally unable to work or are a low producers, your level of care will be adjusted accordingly. Those who are at the end or near the end of their ability to contribute to society as a revenue creator, you are deemed of less importance and receive less care. Feel all warm and fuzzy about Obie care?

• Uberdecoder 2012/08/17 10:47:24
    Uberdecoder
    Who cares about your opinions, you guys cannot do anything about it anyway ! Your all slaves. When are you going to figure that out ? Hello!!! I personally do not care, as long as they have " Gay Bo "!, me and my friends filmed the gay bo commercial for youtube, in LA, in the LA river bed, off the 5 freeway headed toward Burbank, go gay bo ! ps, I married my husband because the cost of living is to high in Los Angeles. loven it !
  • Huntclan Uberdec... 2012/08/17 20:56:42
    Huntclan
    Go away noob!
  • Uberdec... Huntclan 2012/08/17 22:34:37 (edited)
    Uberdecoder
    your a slave ! you have no rights get use to it ! your arguments are mute, boy ! You are on here debating like it is up for debate and if you had some power to change things, haha ! You should have been debating this before it was passed ( obama-care ), everyone knows that they will have death panels. All other countries that have socialized healthcare have death panels. find solutions to things before they get passed in Congress.
  • Dan der Mensch 2012/08/16 14:37:34
    Dan der Mensch
    +1
    Yes. It's already being discussed (carefully) at the major hospitals in private.
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/08/16 09:35:28 (edited)
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Not in the LEAST-only ideological nutjobs and extremists would even imagine this is true.
  • Huntclan Spizzzo... 2012/08/16 20:13:48
    Huntclan
    You're sane and the rest of the World is crazy, huh? Must be lonely being so smart whilst the rest of dolts meander through life.

Look at all the "far-out" crap that is going on now that Obie voters swore wouldn't happen under an Obama presidency:

-Expansion of the Patriot Act
    -Cutting Medicare 750 Billion
    -Unemployment rate higher than when he took office
    -Guantanamo open for business
    -Gas prices up almost double
    -Afghanistan still going strong
    -Solyndra
    -Fast and Furious
    -Cronyism
    -Bailouts

Just a few examples of things "only idiots" would have imagined 3 years ago.
  • Spizzzo... Huntclan 2012/08/18 14:35:47
    Spizzzo BN-0
    However, I note that not even you are crazy enough to try yet again to claim that ObamaCare has death panels. Good for you (that means you are NOT an idiot). All you've got is a list of things you don't like. Guess what,many of those things I don't like, either, but I don't claim that your President is the fault of those things.
  • Huntclan Spizzzo... 2012/08/18 17:07:04
    Huntclan
    I listed things that YOU and other Liberals would have cited as reasons TO ELECT Obama back in 08. In 08, if I presented you with that list as sort of a prediction of what Obama's 3rd year would look like you would have called me a "crazy idiot."

To say that "crazy idiots" believe he would do something is wrong. How many times do we hear things changing (from any President) once the president has "more knowledge." For example, our economic situation is said to be caused in large part by Bush policies. Okay, why didn't Obie tell us it was going to take 8 years to fix it? Well, because he didn't realize how bad it was. I use Obie as an example because he is most recent, but I'm sure you can find GOP examples.

My point is that it is disingenuous to deny something that is inevitable. It must exist. If it is not in the Bill, it will need to be created. You may deny the term "Death Panels," but I prefer the term "Murder" as opposed to "Abortion."
  • Kaleoku... Huntclan 2012/08/18 21:22:46
    Kaleokualoha
    Politifact considers this to be a "pants-on-fire" LIE:

[QUOTE]
    Death panels. This falsehood, our 2009 Lie of the Year, started after an early draft of the bill sought to allow Medicare to pay for doctors’ visits in which patients discussed end-of-life care, such as living wills. The critics labeled it suicide counseling. Conservative superstar Sarah Palin amped up the debate in August 2009 by declaring on her Facebook page, "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care." But there was never any panel like that in the bill. Recently, Palin has defended her comments, pointing to the Independent Payment Advisory Board as a death panel. Either way, the claim is ridiculously false and earned a Pants on Fire.
    [END QUOTE http://www.politifact.com/tru... ]
  • Huntclan Kaleoku... 2012/08/19 04:24:24
    Huntclan
    I will summarize for you:
    1. My Blog cites an article about the UK's system that actively uses Death Panels and asserts their inevitable usage in the States.
    2. The Death Panel will not be called: "Death Panel." It will be called something else like: Independent Payment Advisory Board.
    3. Whether it's in the Bill or Not, it will have to be created.
  • Spizzzo... Huntclan 2012/11/06 19:23:53
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Hey, dolt, he DID say it might take 8 years--why weren't you listening? Are you serious? As you mention, though, it is also quite true that we (as in NONE of us) realized how bad it was. Why should anyone have?

What Mr. Obama has said pre-election when compared to post-election behavior has changed remarkably little (trust me, I've lived through a few elections) compared to other administrations.

However, Death Panels do NOT exist, even in theory. In fact, language in the law does its best to make them impossible, If you fantasize they exist, then you are denying that any such law could be written without such things, and/or are ignoring that private industry already has them--which they do-- (making Obamacare's lack of them an improvement).
    +1
    It's called the Independent Payment Advisory Board. It decides who gets expensive treatments, and who doesn't. Who lives, and who dies.
  • Spizzzo... Temlako... 2012/08/16 09:38:03
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Not so, in reality. However, if you believe this (and I think you do), just how is it better that corporate, private insurers do the very same life or death decisions for Americans now?
  • Huntclan Spizzzo... 2012/08/16 20:19:32
    Huntclan
    I know, I know... Can I answer this one?

1. Government Bureaucrats
    2. If we don't like it, we can switch. But not if the Gubberment is making the decision for "all" insurance companies.
    3. If an Old man falls down in the street today hospitals will have to try and save him. Under a Govt. system they can make the determination on the spot whether he lives or dies. And if they make the wrong call, the save the guy, the Govt. can come back and not pay them. It would behoove ER's to let people die instead of saving them and not getting reimbursed.
  • Spizzzo... Huntclan 2012/08/18 13:56:12
    Spizzzo BN-0
    OK, maybe we are FINALLY getting somewhere: yes, Yes, YES it is FAR better for government bureaucrats without a profit motive to make health insurance decisions over private insurer bureaucrats who have a profit motive to let people sicken and die so that their company might make more money. How is it possible you think otherwise?

Your #3 is just nonsense with no basis in fact. Prove me otherwise.
  • Huntclan Spizzzo... 2012/08/18 17:16:37
    Huntclan
    Number 3 was a reasonable guess as to how things might operate.

Government is taking over the insurance industry. What provides "profit driven" insurance companies to provide better options? Competition.

If company A doesn't cover pain pills after age 85 and company B provides them until 95, I would switch to Company B. Now, if the Government steps in and says EVERYBODY must be covered until age 90, they are limiting the benefits of those enrolled in company B.

Government Bureaucrats making these decisions are in the pocket of lobbyists and special interests. I do not trust them.
  • Spizzzo... Huntclan 2012/11/06 19:33:47
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Government already regulates the insurance industry (as it should)--Obamacare merely keeps that existing system going.

Your examples continue to be nonsense and woefully incomplete. Who cares if a pill is covered to age 85 v. 95 if it is needed one's entire life? Why should a 95 year old be forced to research the issue and decide on his own if he needs the pill and who might best provide it? Why is it OK in your mind for the unrestricted bureaucrats of private industry to decide that the pill is only profitably worth covering if one is under 65.

Cutting through the crap--you think people only deserve health insurance when it is profitable, while I think people deserve it because they are people.

I think that is a fair summation, don't you?
  • ehrhornp 2012/08/15 17:30:52
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Obama care does not have death panels. Nor does the UK. But phony conservatives need to realize that eventually everyone is going to die. It is stupidity to the max to keep someone in vegetable like state to be kept artificially alive. We had to deal with this with my father. We had a choice of either to let him die or keep him alive with tubes going into him. We chose to let him die as it was his time. Phony conservatives would have kept him alive but for what? What quality of life is there? Just like Terri, they wanted to keep her alive and she was basically dead. Really pathetic.
  • Spizzzo... ehrhornp 2012/08/16 09:41:01
    Spizzzo BN-0
    I had to work with this not only with my father, but in several years of hospital work on a team that did brain death determinations. So, I know fully what you are talking about. I doubt many others here do.
  • ehrhornp Spizzzo... 2012/08/17 16:33:21
    ehrhornp
    The funny thing is death panels were instituted by that governor of Arizona.
  • Huntclan ehrhornp 2012/08/16 20:31:13
    Huntclan
    More families go through this than people acknowledge. It is only a couple "extreme" cases that get publicized that we hear about it. My wife went through it and she comes from a very conservative family. They had to make the decision to pull-the-plug.

I don't thing Liberals and Conservatives are too far apart on this issue. Conservatives want the family to make the decision and not the Government. I believe in Terri's case, Conservatives were backing the Parents, not the Parent's decision. I'm not sure why they went crazy over that case.
  • ehrhornp Huntclan 2012/08/17 16:36:24
    ehrhornp
    +1
    I think you are right that the vast majority is probably not far apart regardless of whether they are liberal or conservative. My oldest brother who was off on a cruise when this happened was very angry. But he is an extreme case.
  • Drake 2012/08/15 14:41:50
  • OPOA912 2012/08/15 14:15:43
    OPOA912
    +1
    OZbama's form of euthinisim
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/08/15 13:27:24
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    No, that's just Republican bullsh*t. No truth to it whatsoever.
  • Spizzzo... Guru_T_... 2012/08/16 09:42:18
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Well, duh! :)
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/08/15 11:18:53
  • Huntclan Contard... 2012/08/16 20:54:11
    Huntclan
    +1
    You seem to be having an awful lot of fun at my expense:-(
  • Contard... Huntclan 2012/08/17 03:03:56
  • ed 2012/08/15 11:14:18
    ed
    +1
    yes I think there are death panels but the term is being masqueraded or disguised .
  • Spizzzo... ed 2012/08/16 09:44:24
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Do you have the guts and intelligence to offer us proof of this, or do you just spout unsupported nonsense?
  • ed Spizzzo... 2012/08/16 19:40:07
  • Evan 2012/08/15 11:07:46
    Evan
    +2
    There are 15 members of the Committee on the "Independent Payment Advisory Board". These expert "health care providers" will be paid with our tax dollars, and they will determine who is worthy of life..and who should die in America. If you are over 75, no life-saving procedures will be performed. For the elderly gentleman who was determined to be ineligible for life earlier this year, as he had the most painful cancer there is, "bladder cancer", one would hope he was at least worthy of pain-killing drugs, or at least drugs that would kill him quickly. Although in America you only have to "probably have cancer anyway" to be deemed unworthy of life. Government health care will not lower the cost of health care, it will just refuse to pay for it. Forget those over 65, whether they continue to work full-time or not, paying into Social Security and Medicare, who are forced onto Government health care, and placed at the mercy of the "Independent Payment Advisory Board". They are determined to be unworthy to be allowed to continue pursuing life, liberty and happiness on their own terms, if they should get sick and are past the age limit for health care. And OBAMA's Mom who was deprived of the health care SHE needed as she was dying of cancer? Another lie? Yup. His Mother'...
    There are 15 members of the Committee on the "Independent Payment Advisory Board". These expert "health care providers" will be paid with our tax dollars, and they will determine who is worthy of life..and who should die in America. If you are over 75, no life-saving procedures will be performed. For the elderly gentleman who was determined to be ineligible for life earlier this year, as he had the most painful cancer there is, "bladder cancer", one would hope he was at least worthy of pain-killing drugs, or at least drugs that would kill him quickly. Although in America you only have to "probably have cancer anyway" to be deemed unworthy of life. Government health care will not lower the cost of health care, it will just refuse to pay for it. Forget those over 65, whether they continue to work full-time or not, paying into Social Security and Medicare, who are forced onto Government health care, and placed at the mercy of the "Independent Payment Advisory Board". They are determined to be unworthy to be allowed to continue pursuing life, liberty and happiness on their own terms, if they should get sick and are past the age limit for health care. And OBAMA's Mom who was deprived of the health care SHE needed as she was dying of cancer? Another lie? Yup. His Mother's health care was completely covered by the health insurance company her employer contributed to. As for what it costs the AVERAGE American to get back and forth to work? The AVERAGE American pays $3000.00 in gas annually. However, the CAFE standards to which the President refers would save car owners about $8,200 over the life of their car. Figure that.
  • jimmy Evan 2012/08/15 15:42:34
    jimmy
    +1
    I wonder how many seniors know that if they get sick and they go to doctor and he saids sorry there's nothing we can do becauses the DEATH PANEL refuses to allocate the money.
  • Spizzzo... jimmy 2012/08/16 09:48:58
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Are you enough of an idiot to actually believe this? I hope not, since you are wrong or deluded. Try to find facts. Please.
  • jimmy Spizzzo... 2012/08/16 13:14:23
    jimmy
    +1
    yes i believe it and your so damn brainwashed that you don't believe it.
  • Spizzzo... Evan 2012/08/16 09:47:23
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Quit lying to America! Please! Why do you think that lying to America is a Good Thing? Is it because you think your fellow Americans are stupid and cannot be trusted with truth?
    +1
    NO.

get over it, people.
  • ed Lady Wh... 2012/08/15 11:04:51
  • Spizzzo... ed 2012/08/16 09:53:23
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    I'm glad you provided videos that actually proved how nonsensical your position is--it made it easy for me to ignore you.

2014/08/28 13:26:44