Will Romney try to bully President Obama?

Mopvyzo 2012/05/13 15:53:07
Willard does have bullying tendencies.

• **StarzAbove** 2012/05/13 17:46:11
    Undecided / Don't know
    **StarzAbove**
    +13
    He might try but it won't do him any good. We have a strong and intelligent president who knows how to deal with bullies. obama dealing with a bully

• Defend ... sjalan 2012/05/13 16:57:48
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    what you talking about romney is just another liberal progressive republican just like mccant
  • mac9 sjalan 2012/05/13 17:00:45
    mac9
    YOU ARE HIGH!
  • sjalan mac9 2012/05/13 17:02:24
    +3
    No I just woke up haven't had a chance to get a beer yet. LOL.
  • Ali ~ I... sjalan 2012/05/13 19:25:57
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +1
    And thereby demonstrated his disconnection from the world most of us inhabit...
  • sjalan Ali ~ I... 2012/05/14 02:33:16
    +1
    Yep he sure did.
  • JAA Ali ~ I... 2012/05/14 15:30:28 (edited)
    JAA
    +1
    I guess you could totally say that about our current POTUS, too, then. That is, unless you're a thug, a former cocaine user, a bisexual, and a liar, thief, bigot, miscreant, owner of a number of homes, taken up residence in the White House, bow to foreign leaders, suck up to our enemies, insult our allies, and stir the strife & divisive pot everywhere he goes. Nope, I think Obama [no PBUH] is TOTALLY disconnected from the world MOST of us inhabit . . .or at least I would hope so. Do you inhabit a world like Obama's [no PBUH]?
  • Ali ~ I... JAA 2012/05/14 16:04:08
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +1
    Ah, it's you again.

you bore kitty
  • JAA Ali ~ I... 2012/05/16 14:53:02
    JAA
    Nothing substantive ever comes off your keyboard (speaking of boring). ;-)
  • sbtbill sjalan 2012/05/14 00:24:38
    sbtbill
    +1
    Don't think that was bulling, just Romney's ideas of small change. Romney thinks he's middle class. He thinks every one has a few million hidden overseas.
  • sjalan sbtbill 2012/05/14 02:38:59
    +1
    Think about it. Sure Perry could have come up with the money to back the bet. But there was a far more subtle thing going on. It was a pecker contest. My pockets are deeper than yours.

And for anyone who was really paying attention. Mormons are not supposed to gamble It is ill gotten gain if they win. Further, "christians" are not supposed to gamle as well. So in a way, the real winner in that exchange was Perry a because he didn't stupe so low as to take him up on the bet, but those of us who know what he is supposed to believe know that Romney was TOTALLY in the wrong by even suggesting the bet in the first place.

That being said, Romney exposed his core self, greed at any cost, to get what he wants.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/14 15:33:44
    JAA
    Methinks you sound a bit like Hitler, twisting facts to meet your own reality, and to what end?
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/14 17:15:35
    +1
    Not in the least. The reallity is that BOTH of them engaged in an un-christian like manner when it comes to gambling . That simple
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/16 14:53:37 (edited)
    JAA
    It makes sense that Romney, not being a Christian, would engage in a non-Christian-like manner. Neither of them did anything wrong. btw, they were both jesting, not seriously gambling. That simple.
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/16 19:39:17
    By the way, Mormon's are a Christendom sect.

Really, the instant Romney put his hand out he commited to the offer.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/16 19:55:30
    JAA
    btw, no, Mormons are not a "Christendom sect.". There are no such "sects" in all of Christendom. One is either a Christian or they're not. There are no in-betweens, kinda's, or maybe's, and people aren't born into the faith, as are Mormons, Muslims & Jews.

Really, and I seriously mean "really", the bet was made in jest. Any adult who's wagered knows that. We do those kind of bets here in Texas all the time. Like, "I betcha a hundred dollars you can't jump that fence." No one expects a payout, as it's just an expression. Were you never a kid?
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/17 02:43:12
    Really? They believe that Jesus is the Christ. That he is the Creators' Son. Those are the core beliefs of Christendom. Look it up. Here I'll help you.

http://mormon.org/articles-of...

Suggest you check them out. You'll find them interesting
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/17 05:00:53 (edited)
    JAA
    No, honey. Their god is a different one. The Christian God does not have a brother, but the Mormon god does. There's a a lot of differences, and I suggest YOU check it out. Or perhaps you know Mormonism, but just don't know Christianity.

http://carm.org/comparison-be...
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/17 05:05:21
    No but ya know, most of Christendom teach a lot of false doctrine too.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/17 17:00:54 (edited)
    JAA
    Yes, sweetie, but those are churches who are up to their eyeballs in apostasy. God will take care of their discipline as He sees fit.

I'm an orthodox, non-denominational Christian, not a fundamentalist or holy roller, which means I study from the original languages (Hebrew, Koine Greek, & Hebrew). ;-)
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/17 19:10:13
    Interesting that you say they are up to their eyeballs in apostasy. What specific denomination do you belong to, or is this a self study program.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/17 20:59:44
    JAA
    I already told you . . . non-denominational. My pastor-teacher teaches from the original languages using the ICE method: isagogics, categories, exegesis. I then do independent study using what I learn from my pastor-teacher, various commentaries, historical & archaelogical texts, & Bible dictionaries, plus multiple translations.
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/18 14:49:17
    Have you read the Emphatic Diaglot, the Griesbach Greek Texts or the Latin Vulgate.

I'd be particually interested in your interepertation of the Greek in John 1:1 specificily the demuntive v superior forms of the greek words for god v God
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/19 07:28:59
    JAA
    Sorry, but I do not discuss doctrinal issues with unbelievers. It is a waste of time. I'm not saying that you are not worth my time, but I am saying that the Bible is spiritually appraised, & since you are not a Christian, it would be impossible for you to understand anything I said on the subject. The only issue I will discuss with you is salvation, as that would be your main issue.
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/19 17:21:43
    I've never said I was not a Christian. I said I was a diest. That does not exclude the belief in a Supreme Being that created the universe nor exclude the belief that the Christ was his Son.

You seem to have a very narrow pov on discussion since the true premise of being a real Christian is that Jesus was sent to the earth as a sacrifice as a perfect man to balance the sin of another perfect man Adam. Further, the Bible is very clear that the Supreme Being (God if you will) is showing to mankind that we are unable to rule ourselves and that the real war is over the right to his Supremacy and the Sactification of his Name.

99% of all supposed sects of Christendom do not even address these points.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/19 20:46:59 (edited)
    JAA
    You're not a Christian, as you just noted, nor have you admitted to being one on your profile. I'm not going to argue with you, because I can tell that is all you wish to do. If I thought you had even an inkling of interest in truth, that would be a different story.
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/20 01:25:31
    It is call discussion. I have a wide concept of what truth is. One man's truth can and usually is another man's lie.

So according to the Bible who is the actual "master builder" off the universe. Your answer to this one question will tell me if you know and understand the teachings of the Bible.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/20 01:50:12
    JAA
    "Discussion" become arguments when the motive of either party is one-upmanship, ad hominems, or disrespect, or when there is no interest in learning on the part of one or more of the parties involved.

The Master Builder, the Creator of All is Jesus Christ.
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/21 03:16:01
    That is a partially correct answer. Jesus is indeed the Master Builder, but he is not the Creator as in the Supreme Being/God. He is God's first born/created in all the Universe, through him all other things were created.

When I have a discussion, I do not one up, ad Hominens nor disrespect. In addition to attempting to learn I teach and clarify also.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/21 03:48:26 (edited)
    JAA
    +1
    Jesus IS God, which would make Him THE "Master Builder", the Supreme Being/God. The object of the whole Bible is Jesus Christ.

Maybe this will help:
    ISA 44:24 "Thus says the Lord [Jesus Christ], your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all alone."
    COL 1:16 "For by Him [Jesus Christ] all things were created, [both] in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created by Him and for Him."
  • sjalan JAA 2012/05/21 04:49:56
    Interesting.

So why is it that Jesus himself has denied he is God - that God is his Father and that he is in subjection to God?

So lets start with who Jesus really is. Jesus is the SON of the True God. This was confirmed when the voice of God was heard by John the Baptist when Jesus was baptized ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’” (Matthew 3:16, 17) God would not be talking to himself, simply for the benefit of John and the others around him. It isn't logical.

That they are two totally seperate personages "“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3)

Jesus was the Anointed One, or the Chosen One of God—the promised Leader. (Isaiah 55:4) Not God incarnate.

God(whose real name means "he who causes to become' became a Creator. Who was his first creation? The last book of the Bible identifies Jesus as “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14) Jesus is “the firstborn of all creation.” That is so “because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible.” (Colossians 1:15, 16)

Jesus was the only one directly created by God himself. Therefore, he is called God’s “only-begotten So...

Interesting.

Jesus was the only one directly created by God himself. Therefore, he is called God’s “only-begotten Son.” (John 3:16)

“The Word” was with God “in the beginning,” when “the heavens and the earth” were created. He was the one to whom God said: “Let us make man in our image.” (John 1:1; Genesis 1:1, 26) God's firstborn Son was there at his Father’s side, actively working with him. At Proverbs 8:22-31, he is represented as saying: “I came to be beside [the Creator] as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time.”

So as to get this discussion out of the way right off the bat John 1:1 "In [the] begining the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." is the most correct modern day language translation. The exact word for word translation of the Greek is "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was toward(beside) The God, and god(like) was the Word." In other words Jesus was the first created spirit creature of the universe.

Enough school for the evening. Off to bed. 3:00am comes early and the cows don't like me to be late for their milking.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/21 19:46:36
    JAA
    Please show me where you think Jesus denied He was God.

Isaiah 9:6, "For a child [Jesus Christ] will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

In JOH 10:30, Jesus said to the crowd, "I and the Father are one." He was referring to divine essence.
    JOH 14:16 "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor [Holy Spirit] to be with you forever."
    JOH 20:28 "Thomas answered and said to Him [Jesus Christ], 'My Lord, My God.'"

Jesus Christ is the only visible member of the trinity, John 1:18; John 6:46; 1 Ti 3:16; 1 John 4:12.

You are absolutely wrong, as the phrase was not "a god" in John 1:1. You make a mistake that many who do not understand Koine Greek & the historical times. Try reading http://www.greeklatinaudio.co... for clarification.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word [Jesus Christ], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14 And the Word [God, aka Jesus Christ] became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, ful...

&

&

John 1:14 And the Word [God, aka Jesus Christ] became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Christians believe in the Trinity, meaning ONE GOD [the same essence for each], 3 persons; coequal, co-eternal, and co-infinite persons. The Trinity, or the fact that God is one God with three distinct personalities is taught in Isa 48:16, Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14, 1Pet 1:12. Therefore, to deny the existence of the three members of the Trinity is to deny the credibility of scripture itself.

And yes, it is difficult for most to comprehend, but there are many things on each of our list of "things to ask God when I get to Heaven" for all Christians. Jesus IS God, just as the Holy Spirit & God the Father are God. They all have the same essence: Sovereignty, Justice, Righteousness, Love, Eternal Life, Omniscience, Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Immutability, and Veracity.

The best way I can explain the Trinity is by comparing it with H2O. H2O can be in the form of a liquid, gas, or solid, but any form it takes, it is still H2O in its composition. You could say that H20 as a gas or liquid could not possibly be a solid, but we all know that although it looks different, & is used for different purposes, it still has all of the chemical makeup of a liquid or a solid.

God is one, Gal 3:20; Jam 2:19. The Son (Joh 1:1, 14:9; Col 2:9) and the Spirit (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Co 3:16) are also fully God, yet they are distinct from the Father and from each other. The unified equality and yet distinction is seen in the triactic references to three persons, as noted in 2CO 13:14; Eph 4:4-6; 1PE 1:2.
  • JAA sjalan 2012/05/14 15:25:21 (edited)
    JAA
    I've said that before in jest, but if called on it, the most I could have paid is a fiver, lol. Little sissy libs again made too much of the tongue-in-cheek comment by Romney. Perry, being a Texan, didn't even flinch . . . he knew what Romney was doing and thought it fun. Northern people need to get a sense of humor.
  • explorer1618 2012/05/13 16:22:02
    Maybe
    explorer1618
    +2
    But he will have a hard time cutting Obama's hair !
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/05/13 16:15:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Maybe Obama will shove him down. Obama was such a bully, he should have to wear a scarlet "B"!
  • Mopvyzo Gracie ... 2012/05/13 16:24:13
    Mopvyzo
    +4
    Obama has too much class to resort to physical violence, it appears that Romney doesn't.
  • mac9 Mopvyzo 2012/05/13 17:02:55
    mac9
    +2
    Class is something Obama knows nothing about......oh wait....Class warfare!
  • Gracie ... Mopvyzo 2012/05/13 17:50:51
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Guess you're just another dupee who didn't read his book?
  • ALofRI Mopvyzo 2012/05/13 18:21:31
    ALofRI
    +1
    Right! Or should I say "correct". He'd much rather use his "superior intellect" to squash a bug.
  • JAA Mopvyzo 2012/05/14 15:35:03
    JAA
    Most Mafia & Chicago thug bosses hire people to do their "physical violence". Why would we think Obama [no PBUH] would be different?
  • Jimbo Gracie ... 2012/05/13 16:29:36
    Jimbo
    +3
    One candidate admits the mistakes of his youth, another uses the word "if'. You back the iffy candidate.

2014/10/31 12:22:02