Will Mitt's dog cost him the presidency?

luigi1- in god we trust 2012/04/18 16:58:33
Yes. Can't trust an animal abuser.
No. No crime has been commited.
Maybe. It's only an issue with Democrats.
Undecided. Other answer.
Mitt, Ann Romney defend putting dog on car roof; fallout continues.

By Morgan Little

April 17, 2012, 7:10 a.m.

Reporting from Washington—

As Mitt Romney’s campaign seeks to humanize him in the eyes of prospective voters, one issue beyond his policy stances or his stump statements continues to follow him – his treatment of the family dog Seamus during a family vacation in 1983.

Read more. See link below....

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-mitt-romneys-treat...

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-mitt-ro...

• Vitalani 2012/04/19 07:56:54
    Yes. Can't trust an animal abuser.
    Vitalani
    +1
    I don't think it will cost him him presidency. But he would have lost MY vote if I were ever for him.
  • luigi1-... Vitalani 2012/04/19 10:16:56
    luigi1- in god we trust
    Many agree with you & will re-elect Obama.

This is why we can't get any good candidates to run. The media will run them into the gutter with any dirt they can find.
  • Cap 2012/04/19 03:22:20 (edited)
    Undecided. Other answer.
    Cap
    +1
    I'm prepared to be convinced that what Romney did was cruel to his dog, but I haven't heard anything convincing yet. Rather, to me this argument is virtually a paradigm of why I'm inclined to vote for Romney - and for Republicans generally - rather than Democrats. Democratic attacks on Republican sexual prudery notwithstanding, the Democrats are the ones I usually find chomping at the bit to assert some new control over an individual's - or community's - rights of self determination, from seat belts of drivers driving alone in their cars to parental rights to advise their minor daughters regarding abortions.

Romney was doing something the dog liked; though what he did was in no sense scientifically tested, Romney didn't just run off and engage in reckless behavior, he made trial runs that overcame what were his initial reservations about the safety of putting the crate w/ the dog on the car roof. Just as is usually the case, Democrats have clustered their opinions into a facsimile of a standard under which Romney's behavior would constitute Cruelty to Animals, and are running around desperately seeking credentialed talking heads to validate their position, a task that has been complicated by the President's admission in his autobiography that he ate dogs.

Well, good. Maybe ...

Well, good. Maybe we'll get an honest public opinion as to whether we're better off being basically allowed to make our own decisions, or whether what we do with our pets, our property, and our family is to be continuously subjected to judgment by some "National Uh-Oh Squad".
  • luigi1-... Cap 2012/04/19 10:14:48
    luigi1- in god we trust
    The media, PITA, the ACLU, the treehuggers & far left wacos will be pushing this even harder as the elections nears. The media will bring this up 1st at the Romney-Obama debate.

Never mind unemployment, the economy, the debt, the wars, Obama's failures. Mitts dog will take center stage above all else.

Mitt must be made to look incompetent at all costs like the media's relentless attacks on Palin.
  • Iamfree 2012/04/18 21:56:29
    No. No crime has been commited.
    Iamfree
    +1
    This is just nonsense. How is this any worse than a dog hanging his head out the window of a car or bouncing around in the bed of a pick-up truck going down the road. Dogs like fresh air. We had a dog who loved to ride in our speed boat, the faster and windier the better. If this is the best Democrats can come up with the criticize, they're in trouble.
  • luigi1-... Iamfree 2012/04/18 23:06:53
    luigi1- in god we trust
    You are correct. Wind in a dog's face is like an adrenalin rush.
  • Cal 2012/04/18 19:36:03
    Undecided. Other answer.
    Cal
    +1
    This is a non issue. Fallout? The only time I've heard this is on Soda Head. If this is fall out....then Romney is in the clear lol.
  • luigi1-... Cal 2012/04/18 23:05:25
    luigi1- in god we trust
    The media will take this & run with it. This is all they have on Mitt. They have no choice but to run with it.
  • Cal luigi1-... 2012/04/18 23:12:21
    Cal
    +1
    ..yet they have not....which means it's so uninteresting that MSM feels they can't even make a profit off a 10 second highlight.......
  • David Lindner 2012/04/18 17:22:47
    No. No crime has been commited.
    David Lindner
    +3
    obama eats dogs. which is worse?
  • luigi1-... David L... 2012/04/18 17:25:59 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    In the eyes of the liberals & the media Obama will be excused after all he is the Anointed One. obama halo
  • David L... luigi1-... 2012/04/18 17:26:34
    David Lindner
    +1
    yeah. its sick how religious they make politics.
  • Leah David L... 2012/04/18 19:56:52
    Leah
    +1
    Well, he was a young child at the time. Most children don't choose everything they want to eat.
  • David L... Leah 2012/04/18 20:25:16
    David Lindner
    Don't care
  • luigi1-... Leah 2012/04/18 23:07:36
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    True. Can't argue you there.
  • cindy 2012/04/18 17:14:02
    Undecided. Other answer.
    cindy
    +2
    No more than Obama eating Dog Meat when he was young .........

let’s talk about how presidential candidates treated dogs decades ago.

Can you name the author of this quote?

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”

Yep, that’s Barack Obama, writing about his childhood with his stepfather Lolo Soetoro in Indonesia, from Chapter Two of his bestseller Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/0...
  • luigi1-... cindy 2012/04/18 17:17:32 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    "Dreams of My Father" Obama's biograghy witten for O by Bill Ayers.

No doubt, Ayers was one of Obama's mentors.
  • keymanjim 2012/04/18 17:12:03
    No. No crime has been commited.
    keymanjim
  • luigi1-... keymanjim 2012/04/18 17:14:40
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +3
    Agree. Makes us wonder...is this the best dirt the Democrats can dig up on Romney.
  • Leah keymanjim 2012/04/18 19:57:35
    Leah
    +1
    What is he eating?
  • keymanjim Leah 2012/04/18 19:59:06
    keymanjim
    +1
    A cat.
    I did this one years ago.
  • Leah keymanjim 2012/04/18 20:00:22
    Leah
    +1
    I just saw the tiny cat head. Poor kitten :(
    (Yes, I know it's photoshopped)
  • luigi1-... Leah 2012/04/18 23:08:06
    luigi1- in god we trust
    Lassie.
  • Leah luigi1-... 2012/04/18 23:13:33
    Leah
    Lassie's a dog.
  • Fred 2012/04/18 17:07:45
    Undecided. Other answer.
    Fred
    +4
    And Obama ate DOG !!!!!
  • luigi1-... Fred 2012/04/18 17:09:21
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    Can't argue you there. Not a peep out of the Obama controlled media.
  • zbacku 2012/04/18 17:02:35
    No. No crime has been commited.
    zbacku
    +6
    I guess it's OK for Obama to EAT dog.
  • luigi1-... zbacku 2012/04/18 17:05:03 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    The media has already come out in defense of Obama eating dog as cutural.

It is concidered normal in some cultures.
  • Fred luigi1-... 2012/04/18 17:05:46
    Fred
    +2
    NOT here
  • luigi1-... Fred 2012/04/18 17:06:57 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    Agree.

If the tables were reversed & O had the dog on roof, it wouldn't even be an issue.
  • Fred luigi1-... 2012/04/18 17:11:30
    Fred
    +3
    Its considered distgusting here... and I do think we will be the ones voting not other cultures
  • luigi1-... Fred 2012/04/18 17:20:24
    luigi1- in god we trust
    I agree with you, however the liberal media may not.
  • Fred luigi1-... 2012/04/18 17:22:01
    Fred
    +1
    Most american do not listen to the liberal media .... the liberal medias ratings are lower than congress
  • Cal luigi1-... 2012/04/18 19:37:18
    Cal
    +1
    The liberal media is full of lies....who's dumb enough to listen to the liberal media anyways lol.
  • zbacku luigi1-... 2012/04/18 17:14:19
    zbacku
    +2
    I thought he was an American?????? Not part of our culture.
  • luigi1-... zbacku 2012/04/18 17:21:29
    luigi1- in god we trust
    O is not part of us. He is on temporary loan from God if you listen to liberal radio.
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2012/04/18 16:59:50 (edited)
    No. No crime has been commited.
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +3
    Only with the Democrats, liberals, pet lovers & the media will this be an issue.

Mitt is sqeeky clean & this is all the dirt they have.

dog on roof of car

2014/11/24 03:06:50