Will John Edwards take home the award for scummiest politician of all time? Heartbreaking details emerge from his trial.

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/07 13:27:49
This Article from cafemom gives a glimpse into the heart wrenching pain that was Elizabeth Edwards life.

The John Edwards trial is getting us up close and
personal with the former politician's personal life. And it's becoming
very clear that Edwards' affair crushed his wife, heart and soul. The
woman was fighting a terminal case of breast cancer,
for crying out loud, when John's affair hit the tabloids. Her body was
criss-crossed with scars from her surgical treatment. But Elizabeth's
emotional pain was just getting started. What she needed most of all was
a soul mate who could support her.

What she got instead was a selfish narcissist who betrayed and essentially abandoned her. Going by the testimony the jury heard yesterday, Elizabeth's emotional turmoil led to a breakdown that shocked John's staff.

Former Edwards campaign advisor Christina Reynolds testified that in October 2007, Elizabeth had a dramatic confrontation
with her husband outside a private airplane hangar. First Elizabeth
stormed away from her husband and then crumpled into a ball on the
pavement. Another woman pulled her away and helped her compose herself.
But then Elizabeth approached John again, this time tearing off her shirt and bra to expose her scars. "You don't see me anymore!" she screamed.

John barely responded. As his staff rushed to cover Elizabeth, he
coolly dialed up her doctor to come and get the woman off his hands. Like she was the problem.

You can almost feel Elizabeth's desperation and frustration.
She just wasn't getting through to her husband. And there was nothing
she could do to make him care -- or even see her. How could Elizabeth
possibly wage a successful battle against cancer when this
was happening in her life at the same time? The stress, the
humiliation, and the hurt -- John's affair was the last thing she
needed. Ugh, it's just infuriating!

The trial has been so torturous for John Edwards' daughter, Cate,
that she left the courtroom in tears. It's been hard on John, too. But I
have no pity for him. He deserves to be raked over the coals. I only
wish the public thrashing he's getting didn't also hurt Cate. What's so
awful about this trial is witnessing the toll John Edwards' actions have taken on his family

Read More: http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/137094/hear...

• Flowers 2012/05/07 13:43:45
    John Edwards is complete trash who deserves no mercy.
    Flowers
    +7
    It's too bad his daughter is going thru the emotional details of all this, no child should be tortured with such things. John Edwards is a terrible horrible person, but I can't say I'm shocked at his actions. He is a selfish idiot who is on the same level as Gingrich in my mind.

• caius madison 2012/05/21 07:12:07
  • kimberly.hallreed 2012/05/10 23:48:57 (edited)
    kimberly.hallreed
    There is no doubt that John Edwards is a real POS, But what about the trollup baby mama?? Sorry, but there is NO man worth lowering myself to this level. Come on, his wife is terminally ill, and he is the father of their children...really? How can you even want to have a man like that around you... Think about it. Here is a beautiful woman fighting for her life, and yet these two low lives are screwing their brains out making a "love child"! Way to go John.... wonderful tribute to your wife. Elizabeth was WAY TOO GOOD FOR YOU!
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/05/08 14:27:59
    John Edwards is:
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +2
    He should get the Nobel Peace Prize. He is, after all, qualified. I find it strange that so many women flock to guys like this.
  • Timetraveler 2012/05/08 14:16:12
    John Edwards is:
    Timetraveler
    +2
    a sociopath, just like all the rest of our politicians. If you take in a starving dog and make him prosperous, he won't bite you, thats the principal difference between a dog and a politician!
  • betz 2012/05/08 12:18:35
    John Edwards is:
    betz
    +1
    Pathetic. To think that the sheer lust for another woman would interfere with the love of his children makes me sick. Some men don't think past the end of their nose...or some other part of their body.
    And before someone comes on to tell me there are repusblicans who have done the same thing I realize this. Those men too are scums.
  • HAlex1972 2012/05/08 07:41:40
    John Edwards is:
    HAlex1972
    +1
    a mortal man like any other.
  • pdarkow 2012/05/08 06:43:38
    pdarkow
    +2
    How could anyone possibly think of showing mercy to a man who cheats on his wife while she is fighting for her life. I first hand know what cancer is it doesn't ever truly go away. So for him to do this at the height of her fight is despicable. This probably isn't his first time either it's just the first time caught.
    John Edwards is:
    +1
    one of many Democrats vying for that title.
  • t.eliot... Ken 2012/05/08 20:01:13
    t.eliot, topbard
    +1
    The Dems have no monopoly on this.
  • Ken t.eliot... 2012/05/08 23:41:12
    No, but they are by far in the majority.
  • t.eliot... Ken 2012/05/09 15:20:57
    t.eliot, topbard
    No.
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/05/08 02:56:07
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
  • Catch224u 2012/05/08 01:20:57
    John Edwards is:
    Catch224u
    +2
    Or was, a professional politician.
  • Dickens 2012/05/08 00:59:24
    John Edwards is:
    Dickens
    +1
    ...he's definitely right up there with newt-ered and nixon..
  • Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL* 2012/05/07 23:24:42
    John Edwards is:
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +2
    Corrupt as they come.......He will reap what he sowed more than he thinks.....
  • Snowball 2012/05/07 22:01:00 (edited)
    Snowball
    +3
    He is a narcissist. How can a person behave that way, come home, look their children in the eye, and REALLY care about them more than themselves? A fraud, a phony, in terms of a parent- no thought or care about how his kids would deal with their mother passing. They needed a "rock", someone constant- when their reality was about to be shook to pieces- instead he stole any shred that they might have sought comfort in from her passing in from him. Disgusting.
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/05/07 21:29:11
    John Edwards is:
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    Not as scummy as Clinton.
  • Assassi... Christo... 2012/05/07 21:35:56
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    Clinton's wife wasn't dying of cancer.
  • betz Assassi... 2012/05/08 12:21:01
    betz
    +3
    you are correct but he still had a child who had to endure this. He too is pathetic as is any man who does this.
  • WGN 2012/05/07 20:47:59
    John Edwards is:
    WGN
    +1
    Just another politician. Newt was the worst ever.
  • Assassi... WGN 2012/05/07 21:36:06
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    right./
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/05/07 20:08:21
    John Edwards is scum
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    John Edward is scum, but isn't the most disgusting out of the bunch. My vote would be for the politician who had a thing for underage boys; yeah he takes the cake for me.

republican Alan David Berlin

You'll be surprised how worse it gets; from drug/sex trafficking, sex with minors. It's a list that includes Republicans and Democrats.
  • fluer 2012/05/07 19:00:59
    John Edwards is:
    fluer
    +4
    You know I thought that Gingrich was horrible when he announced on television that he was divorcing his wife before he even told her. But then Edwards rolled around and there is nothing more despicable than what he did to a woman we all watched stand up for him, work hard to help him, showed unwavering belief in him I have come to the conclusion that politicians in particular seem to have no morals or ethics, and sex to them is just a playtime activity. Marriage vows mean nothing and somehow people who should matter don't.
  • momma-o... fluer 2012/05/07 19:48:20
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +4
    And that is why so many people believe what a politician does in "private" MATERS a whole lot, it shows how they will treat their constituents.
  • deborah sletten 2012/05/07 18:42:04
    John Edwards is scum
    deborah sletten
    +1
    Shouldn't there be the norm of ' if you are running for public office, you are above reproach!'.
  • t.eliot, topbard 2012/05/07 18:40:51
    John Edwards is:
    t.eliot, topbard
    +3
    A deeply flawed human who did his wife and family WRONG. The world, especially the political world is filled with people who did heinous deeds, personally and professionally. It is impossible to say who the absolute worst is.
  • Lanikai 2012/05/07 18:35:06
    +1
    A typical, entitled, rich, democratic politician, Billy boy got away with it, why can't john?

Answer-Billy boys wife wasn't dying of cancer, that is the only real difference, otherwise, EE would have ignored it, called it a right wing attack and kept on trying to get her position as FL.
  • Heptarch Lanikai 2012/05/07 20:01:37
    Heptarch
    You're seriously trying to make this into partisan politics? The right wing has as many (or more) sex scandals as the left.
  • Lanikai Heptarch 2012/05/07 20:17:13
    No. I was pointing out that highly placed dems tend to do this despite the risks. Notice below, where I slammed them all. I am fair and equal-most of them will get away with all they can, and that covers ALL parties. Billy boy was just the closest in power, money, position to edwards.
  • Heptarch Lanikai 2012/05/07 20:18:19
    Heptarch
    I don't see where you're slamming right wing politicians for the same thing. Where is it?
  • Lanikai Heptarch 2012/05/07 20:37:54
    +1
    Further down or next page, I am equally nasty to all cheaters and perv-party doesn't matter.
  • Heptarch Lanikai 2012/05/07 20:47:27
    Heptarch
    Ok, I'll take your word for it. I don't have a lot of tolerance for cheaters either. I didn't like Clinton even before the nation found out about his infidelity.
  • Assassi... Lanikai 2012/05/07 21:38:54
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Oh really? Your answer is as scummy as John Edwards. Like the GOP doesn't have sex scandals.

Bob Barr? Larry Craig? Mark Foley? Any of those ring a bell? DO I need to name more.

Sex scandals are not unique to the democrats. Should I assume from Bob Barr and mark Foley that is is typical of the Republicans to be gay and child molesters?

FAIL
  • jeepster4 2012/05/07 18:33:38
    John Edwards is:
    jeepster4
    Edwards runs a close 2nd to Gingrich. If Edwards tries a comeback after time has passed, he might possibly become the all time winner of the scummiest title.
  • 4570GOVT 2012/05/07 18:13:14
    4570GOVT
    +2
    If he is not " THE " worst ............. he must be very close !
  • bob 2012/05/07 18:10:30
    John Edwards is scum
    bob
    +2
    John Edwards is as low brow as David Vitter John Edwards is as low brow as David Vitter
  • Username? What's that? 2012/05/07 17:54:01
    John Edwards is:
    Username? What's that?
  • Assassi... Usernam... 2012/05/07 21:39:47
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Don't wory about it. If you don't know it is of no concern.
  • Chelsea 2012/05/07 17:53:47
    John Edwards is:
    Chelsea
    +2
    Void of conscience, just like Obama.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/07 17:48:22

2014/10/01 22:46:13