Will John Edwards' endorsement of Barack Obama help him secure the Democratic Party's nomination?

Politics 2008/05/14 23:41:24
Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
No. Edwards' endorsement of a candidate he previously blasted as inexperienced, hypocritical and lacking substance will not help Obama with voters looking for real change.
At a campaign rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Senator John Edwards formally endorsed Barack Obama for the Democratic Nomination. Both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama had been seeking the former Vice Presidential Candidates' blessing.

• Nero 2008/08/23 23:30:43
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Nero
    he would have endorsed sooner ,but he was getting hair cut and comb out . NERO
  • TJR 2008/08/16 16:56:32
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    TJR
    Simply because Liberals lack morals and endorse those who have none such as Barry Obama.
  • bo mingo 2008/08/16 10:52:01
  • colleenmypet 2008/08/15 18:34:59
    No. Edwards' endorsement of a candidate he previously blasted as inexperience...
    colleenmypet
    What does his vote mean. He certainly has shown poor judgment on this scandal. It was upsetting that he did it, but I just felt it was the way of Washington. But, when he was caught in the hotel she was in just a week or so ago...well how dumb is that! It's either over or it isn't over, but I wish he would stand up and tell the truth. He acted like a moral leader with his wife beside him and how they were going to go through her cancer together and then this. He's been caught too many times with this woman and I'd like to know where the money is coming from that she is receiving.
  • Johnny 2008/08/14 20:04:22
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Johnny
    Sure it will !! "Birds of a feather, flock together". I think Obama should ask Edwards to be his VP so everyone will see it will not make any differance.
  • Tudie BN 2008/07/23 22:00:26
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Tudie BN
    I think it is a big step up !!!
  • christine 2008/05/28 23:13:41
    christine
    o.k
  • Rey Que 2008/05/23 00:29:09
    Rey Que
    Sorry Towel boy
  • Sandy 2008/05/21 18:11:00
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Sandy
    Because his late endorsement was most effective by being given at a critical time
  • I quit!!! 2008/05/21 00:34:50
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    I quit!!!
    It already has
  • Tracy 2008/05/20 14:15:53
    Tracy
    He must not have had many followers, or he'd still be in the running!:)
  • Jimmie 2008/05/20 01:08:36
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Jimmie
    +1
    Obama is the one for this country. You guys better keep MCcain away!

(less)

Life under Republicans suck!
  • jackie 2008/05/19 02:20:43
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    jackie
    +1
    He has always been my first choice.
  • Diana 2008/05/19 00:05:14 (edited)
    Diana
    +1
    I am thoroughly disappointed in John Edwards. I supported him in the last election, and wanted him to get the Democratic nomination for President for 2008. His support for regaining the middle class has, obviously, turned to his own self-sought political gain. John Edwards, you have turned your back on the people you so steadfastly identified with, and wanted to return us to our middle class. But, you have betrayed us by siding with Barack Obama. It is too soon for Obama, he embraces his blackness and discounts his whiteness; to the point of making fun of his white grandmother. Why not the other way around. He's riding on the coattails of the black community, and the shame of it is that the African American community can't see that he cares not for them, but only for their vote. Obama may have grown up poor, but he is rich now, and will support his rich supporters. Racism is alive and prospering in the United States. Shame on you John Edwards; you are NO southern gentleman, and no champian of the poor and middle class.
  • Terry 2008/05/18 17:00:00 (edited)
    Terry
    Edwards’s earlier description of Obama in the beginning of the primary speaks volumes as to his character.

For weeks previous to this endorsement he said endorsements don’t matter.

The other point is Senator Edwards didn’t gain too much of a delegate count for the time that he was in the race, so I don’t see what the big deal is. He didn’t get out of the 20 percent rang as far as the votes were concerned, which in my eyes makes him a loser on all accounts.

If he was a better campaigner and didn’t take sides in a debate, which he did in New Hampshire, then he would have gotten the recognition that he needed. But instead he did the same thing he did in 2004 and stuck up for one of his opponents; in this case in NH. it was Obama. What he needed to do was separate himself from both opponents, and he didn’t do that!

This is how much class Edwards has, the evening that he endorsed Obama he sent out emails to everyone asking for a donation for his college fund to send kids to college. Now here you have a person, who is trying to bring attention to the lower income people, and yet he lives in 200 million dollar home, spends 1200 on haircut and he wants a donation for his college fund. My opinion he can sell his 200 million dollar home get a refund on his 1200 haircut and give to...

This is how much class Edwards has, the evening that he endorsed Obama he sent out emails to everyone asking for a donation for his college fund to send kids to college. Now here you have a person, who is trying to bring attention to the lower income people, and yet he lives in 200 million dollar home, spends 1200 on haircut and he wants a donation for his college fund. My opinion he can sell his 200 million dollar home get a refund on his 1200 haircut and give to his organization.

What I wrote was not what my opinion is in the above paragraph. But that I said; in times of high gas prices and food prices, the fact that my son is going to a trade school to be an electrician, and working at the same time, that maybe some of these people can do the same and take some responsibilities for themselves.
  • jtrasap 2008/05/18 15:20:42
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    jtrasap
    It was fairly obvious at the time that Edwards dropped out of the race, that he would endorse Obama. Edwards and Obama were both very positive and Clinton was running on the negative side and was really a polar opposite of John Edwards. Obama and Edwards are both a big push for change and reform of the current Washington political norm, and Hillary is just the same old same old. That on top of her dishonesty and lack of integrity have been the thorn in her side throughout this campaign.
  • pet713-for the Constitution! 2008/05/18 11:24:22
    pet713-for the Constitution!
    Hillary didn't call them the "men's club" for nothing when she first started debating with all of them. It's obvious they are all sticking together. But all the other candidates that have endorsed Obama since then has not helped him win yet and I do not think that Edward's endorsement will help him now.
  • parad0x. (its a zero.) 2008/05/18 04:42:24
    parad0x. (its a zero.)
    we all know how the democrats like to switch on us though...
  • gericd 2008/05/18 00:08:31
    gericd
    Edwards is a loser...they're both losers. Birds of the same feathers flocked together.
  • JustAMom 2008/05/17 23:35:16
    JustAMom
    No, I think that makes the both of them weaker. That just goes to show that John Edwards is weak & he should have dropped out of the race when he did. Why if he thought Obama was all that good didn't he endorde much, much sooner????? Guess he was holding out for a little more -----! That just shows Americans that Mr. Edwards is WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • gina maria 2008/05/17 09:03:03
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    gina maria
    +1
    HE MIGHT, I THINK THAT HE IS MAD AT HILLARY?
  • Sumo- Living for the new year! 2008/05/17 07:56:58
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Sumo- Living for the new year!
    +1
    Every endorsment counts. Justa nother notch on the way to president!
  • squirrel 2008/05/16 23:55:27
    squirrel
    Edwards draws from the same trough as Obama. He will bring no new voters. The left wing would have voted for Obama anyways. Remember how Edwards and Obama ganged up on Hillary during the debates. Edwards' phoney praise of Hillary was obscene when everyone knows he only complimented her to not alienate her base.
  • pcook67 2008/05/16 22:12:46
    pcook67
    he is just creepy to me
  • rassle 2008/05/16 20:09:22
    rassle
    +1
    Calling a reporter WAIT SWEETIE is unacceptable.

sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it.
    I saw the report and that is not acceptable from someone that wants to be the President of the United States of America.
    Americans do not want arrogant people looking down at others, and specially do not want to see the MACHISMO spread out here.

I am getting sick and tired that Obama thinks that coming back so many times and appologize, the whole damage is erased.
    One appology, OK.
    Two appologies, WELL...
    THREE APPOLOGIES... THREE STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT.
  • Lou 2008/05/16 18:34:33
    Lou
    +1
    WAIT A MINUTE SWEETIE... :-)
    I will ask the sweetie idiot Barack Hussein Obama
    when he comes back from the 57+1 state he is visiting...

I'LL GET BACK TO YOU SWEETIE WHEN HE OPENS HIS MOUTH NEXT TIME ... :-)
  • JUSTICE 2008/05/16 18:32:27
    JUSTICE
    I don't think anything could help.
  • TxAggie93 2008/05/16 17:57:28
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    TxAggie93
    +2
    yes, I think it will....unfortunately
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2008/05/16 17:49:32
  • james 2008/05/16 11:28:47
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    james
    +2
    good research by you tom judging by what i saw on the various news outlets yesterday both bush and mccain have turned their guns squarely on barack obama it looks like the real fun is just starting
  • no one here 2008/05/16 05:44:12
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    no one here
    +2
    Logic : )
  • taz 2008/05/16 03:16:21 (edited)
    taz
    +3
    Edwards ran for election twice and never went no where .So whats so
    special about his endorsement. If they didn't believe in him enough to
    vote for him why would they follow his opinion on who he endorse.
    I guess like deano said "suck up" looking for a job. Edwards is just
    another name to add to the stupid list of deaf,dumb,and blind of
    Obama and his many lies.
  • ~daffod... taz 2008/05/16 03:22:23
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    If you are not for obama sign this petition...
    http://www.thepetitionsite.co...
  • joe_oly 2008/05/16 02:29:22
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    joe_oly
    +2
    Edwards is popular with the white blue-collar voters in the South .. this will greatly help Obama in the General election
  • deano 2008/05/16 01:51:49
    deano
    +3
    Edwards is just a suck up trying to land a job. Pretty boy!!!
  • cassanova 2008/05/16 01:02:44
    cassanova
    +1
    edwards is just looking for a fatter wallet and a promotion! he'd endorse a donkey if it said it would get him more money for his $400 dollar hair cuts.
  • Bun 2008/05/15 23:25:33
    Bun
    +5
    Wow another sell out... I thought he had more class and better sense.
    I guess it's good he dropped out!
  • ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin 2008/05/15 23:07:42
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +3
    Nope who cares the votes are what matters including SD votes which havent been all pledged yet and can change before the end.
  • Tom 2008/05/15 19:18:56
    Yes. Why didn't Edwards endorse sooner?
    Tom
    +5
    Really nicely done publication of the RNC Press release.

Tell me does this look fimiliar?

WASHINGTON, May 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Republican National
    Committee (RNC) Chairman Robert M. "Mike" Duncan released the following
    statement today:

"Barack Obama and John Edwards share an out-of-touch agenda that would raise taxes on families while cutting funding for our troops. The only
    question is why didn't Edwards endorse sooner? Edwards' endorsement of a candidate he previously blasted as inexperienced, hypocritical, and lacking substance will not help Obama with voters looking for real change."
  • tarriff 2008/05/15 18:44:42
    tarriff
    +4
    For the simple reason he's a weasel.

2014/09/03 04:52:31