Will he get the Seniors Vote?

Sister Jean 2012/08/12 15:09:09
Related Topics: Seniors, Vote

• Fashionable60s 2012/08/12 15:48:30 (edited)
    yes
    Fashionable60s
    +8
    What Paul Ryan is advocating is privatizing Medicare so that the FUTURE generation have a chance to get Medicare just like the baby boomers of today by allowing private company to run it more efficiently than the robber barons we elected as our representatives. As you may have heard, under the radar, the Obama's administration ALREADY robbed Medicare of $700B in order to start funding Obamacare. This will definitely affect CURRENT and FUTURE seniors as presently, all doctors who participate in Medicare are already seeing their fees being reduced. What Paul Ryan suggested do NOT change any of current senior's benefits only those born after the 60's. Right now, Social Security and Medicare are already broke because the governments kept "borrowing" from them for other purposes, so something must be done to preserve it. Don't believe the libs' story that Paul Ryan is trying to stop seniors who are already on Social Security and Medicare today from receiving it since that is not true. Seniors, wake up, the Obama government is the robber of your future Medicare through the Obamacare. Your Social Security checks will not be stopped by Paul Ryan or the Republicans. Do not let Obama fear mongers play with your heads. We have more to fear about Obamacare than Paul Ryan's sugge...

What Paul Ryan is advocating is privatizing Medicare so that the FUTURE generation have a chance to get Medicare just like the baby boomers of today by allowing private company to run it more efficiently than the robber barons we elected as our representatives. As you may have heard, under the radar, the Obama's administration ALREADY robbed Medicare of $700B in order to start funding Obamacare. This will definitely affect CURRENT and FUTURE seniors as presently, all doctors who participate in Medicare are already seeing their fees being reduced. What Paul Ryan suggested do NOT change any of current senior's benefits only those born after the 60's. Right now, Social Security and Medicare are already broke because the governments kept "borrowing" from them for other purposes, so something must be done to preserve it. Don't believe the libs' story that Paul Ryan is trying to stop seniors who are already on Social Security and Medicare today from receiving it since that is not true. Seniors, wake up, the Obama government is the robber of your future Medicare through the Obamacare. Your Social Security checks will not be stopped by Paul Ryan or the Republicans. Do not let Obama fear mongers play with your heads. We have more to fear about Obamacare than Paul Ryan's suggestion of privatizing Medicare. Under Obamacare, the rationing of care will take place, you can book it. Seniors will not get the medical procedures they need without the approval of Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) members (already in place in DC). The IPAB (aka the death panel) will decide, not your physician, if one is either "too old" or "too sick" to get a hip replacement, as an example. If you are too old, you'll be sent home with medicines and visits by nurses, just like in England and Canada. Yes, the Obamacare advocates conveniently left this out or denied that this would happen to seniors once Obamacare is funded (not yet now). Realistically speaking, we just do not have enough doctors/nurse/hospitals to put 30 or more millions people into our current system if Obamacare gets funded in 2014, so rationing of medical care will definitely take place. The Obama surrogates are concentrating on their vicious attacks of Paul Ryan so that it will take the spot light away from their own evil plans that will affect not just seniors but everybody. Right now as seniors, your benefits are safe. I can't say in 2014 if the current administration is re-elected.

Seniors, vote with your conscience and do not let the current fear mongers in DC distract you.

• Alaydown 2012/08/13 06:02:37
    yes
    Alaydown
    +1
    Absolutely yes. He is trying to save social security and medicare while Obama is letting it go bankrupt.
  • kitkat42 2012/08/12 23:04:20
    no
    kitkat42
    +2
    I don't think so. Not if they believe he's going to make problems with Medicare.
  • mac9 2012/08/12 21:15:10
    yes
    mac9
    Seniors pay attention. They are not easy for Obama to fool.
  • gocar mac9 2012/08/12 22:10:49
    gocar
    +2
    Funny how some of us a paying attention and get different answers. I would like to know just where Obama has cut Medicare? I have found absolutely no difference. We have Medicare and BC of Michigan and it is the BC that will not pay office visits.
  • Michaelene 2012/08/12 19:57:07
    yes
    Michaelene
    +2
    Absolutely!
    All he has to do is outline the tax increase and repercussions of Obamacare and the financial devastation that will occur to American serniors. Sales tax, RE tax, medicare tax,etc.!

Increase in taxes on capital gains, increase in costs of medications, increase in costs of medical devices, increase in Obama's blame on the "boomers greed", increase in the amount of individuals returning to the workforce after retirement, increase in the number of people aged 50+ who are unemployed.

Decrease in patient care while promoting "end of life" counseling, decrease in doctor's accepting medicare patients, decrease in the ability to retire, decrease of the quality of life and freedoms for their children and grandchildren.

• gocar Michaelene 2012/08/12 22:15:08
    gocar
    Who has told you about the tax increases for Obamacare (ACA) ? Why do you believe rumors about something that has not happend yet? Are you in the 1% that will pay more? We have coverage for drugs and the insurance company has taken so many of the list that they cover plus one in particular I get at a fraction of the cost at Costco. Paying cash is cheaper than my co-pay on the insurance. That is nothing to do with Obama.
  • Michaelene gocar 2012/08/13 18:53:15
    Michaelene
    +1
    My first question. Did you read the Obamacare health tax bill or have you just listened to people who explain it for you?
    Perhaps you didn't notice the new method of recording your health insurance costs on the 2011 w-2 form. The health tax plan has been in effect for a while. There are bigger changes coming on 1-1-2013.

Summary of tax increases: (ten year projection) *=me and possibly you
    * Increase Medicare tax rate by .9% and impose added tax of 3.8% on unearned income for high-income taxpayers: $210.2 billion
    * Charge an annual fee on health insurance providers: $60 billion
    * Impose a 40% excise tax on health insurance annual premiums in excess of $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for a family: $32 billion
    * Impose an annual fee on manufacturers and importers of branded drugs: $27 billion
    * Impose a 2.3% excise tax on manufacturers and importers of certain medical devices:$20 billion
    * Raise the 7.5% Adjusted Gross Income floor on medical expenses deduction to 10%: $15.2 billion
    * Limit annual contributions to flexible spending arrangements in cafeteria plans to $2,500: $13 billion
    * All other revenue sources: $14.9 billion

Summary of spending offsets: (ten year projection) *=you
    * Reduce funding for Medicare Advantage policies: $132 billion
    * Reduce Medicare home health care pa...

* Reduce Medicare home health care payments: $40 billion
    * Reduce certain Medicare hospital payments: $22 billion
    Sorry to use wikipedia as a source, but it is easy to read.

$700 Billion has already been taken from the medicare program. Even the Daily Kos admits it's true, but sady they also refuse to look at the CBO's own number that disprove the savings when the bill started to be enacted and is still being written.

"The claim that OBAMACARE cuts $700 BILLION from Medicare is TRUE and the GOOD NEWS is that in doing so, it INCREASES HEALTHCARE FOR SENIORS and AT THE SAME TIME cuts fraud, WASTE and abuse. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office determined that the Medicare provisions in President Obama's health care law would save $700 BILLION over a decade and EXTENDS THE LIFE OF MEDICARE. Extends it EIGHT YEARS."

Why would you assume the 1% are the only people footing the bill? Who told you that?
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/a...

Romney's Repeal and reform would put that $700 Billion back where it belongs, in Medicare!
  • Sister ... Michaelene 2012/08/13 19:00:02
    flooding my post
  • cjd 2012/08/12 19:34:05
    cjd
    some will
    yes
    I think so!
  • Jackie G - Poker Playing Pa... 2012/08/12 18:21:39 (edited)
    yes
    +2
    Seniors want the truth and he will tell them the truth. His ideas do not affect a single senior (no matter what the death squad democrats try to spread) - they do not affect anyone over 50 - They are a plan for saving SS and Medicare, both due to be bankrupt within 12-14 years according to the trustees of the plans, - He has boldly stepped forward with ideas to make them be there for future generations - his plans/ideas are not chiseled in granite but are ideas/plans that should be reviewed and discussed.

Only one person has cut Medicare for current recipients - Obama cut 700 billion from current Medicare - no plan, no help, no ideas, no reform. Just cut from the real people who are elderly now.

There is no way for either of these to continue without reform - every politician knows this to be true. Only Ryan has put forth any ideas - he has been attacked for doing so but there remains no other idea or plan from anyone on the left. It appears that only the republicans care about saving these plans and I say again, seniors do not want to be lied to any longer. They want the truth.
  • Bob S 2012/08/12 17:19:53
    yes
    Bob S
    +2
    We seniors are patient and tolerant and if Paul Ryan explains exactly what he means and means what he says then YES we will be interested. As I understand the importance of his bill all seniors over 55 will not be affected no matter how much the dems lie and say otherwise. Give Ryan a chance and hear him out. Hell the dems didn't know what was in the Obamacare bill, most still don't. Do not let them (dems) define the Ryan proposal for him.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/13 18:59:57
    Michaelene
    +2
    I agree, and Ryan is the one man who know exactly what is happening in our economy.

Most people are unaware that Medicare has already lost $700 billion dollars under Obama. They have not read the bill.
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/08/16 01:23:15
    Bob S
    +2
    I've been preaching all day about the $700 billion. Sooner or later us with some dementia will realize that Romney and Ryan are really on our side unlike most of the liberal persuasion.They want to scare us not help us.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/16 01:39:51
    Michaelene
    +2
    All one needs to do is read their annual social security statement which says outlays will exceed revenues in 2015. Three years!
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/08/16 16:52:48
    Bob S
    +2
    Trust me the truth will pevail. I believe that the Republicans are going to have a major breakthru on SS and medicare. More people will learn the truth and realize Obama and his friends have been shooting with blanks about the truth.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/16 17:05:52
    Michaelene
    +2
    I really want to believe that the truth will prevail. It didn't happen in 2008, but my prayers are going out to those who can accept that "hope and change" has led to despair and division. I hope they can dig through all the propaganda to find the truth.
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/08/16 17:13:52
    Bob S
    +2
    Keep the faith. Obama and his cohorts can't continue to mock republicans with the truth against dems. Obama took 500 million out of of SS to pay for Obamacare. That part is true. This time truth will hurt.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/16 17:18:06
    Michaelene
    +2
    I got my fingers and toes crossed ;)
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/08/17 17:04:43
    Bob S
    +1
    Since I wrote that I have learned that he took 716 not 500.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/23 16:49:53
    Michaelene
    +2
    Yes, and I am volunteering to get the word out!
    Far too many people are unaware of the thousands of doctor's and pharmacies who have stopped accepting medicare and medicaid patients thus limiting choice and causing delay of treatment.
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/08/26 19:35:16
    Bob S
    I have no idea nor do many others how this election will turn out. In MY opinion if Obama wins we are in for a major major set back as to how we understand America and what she use to be.
  • Michaelene Bob S 2012/08/26 20:57:14
    Michaelene
    +1
    I don't know what will be, i only know what's happening now, or what has been budgeted for already in black and white.
    Every system that provides for the people is being overwhelmed to the point of default.
    Medical Care, SS, SSI, Food stamps, housing, the economy, our energy, our businesses, our mortgages and school loans...

The problem is that Obama and his obots believe he can control it.
    He can't.
  • Bob S Michaelene 2012/09/06 17:41:09
    Bob S
    +1
    I totally agree with your every word. Something must be done to reform many of our financial outputs and it must be done NOW.
  • gocar 2012/08/12 17:11:31
    no
    gocar
    +3
    Not any seniors that I know. Naturally those who answer on SH from the conservative point of view are going to vote yes on this one. Don't fool yourselves. Medicare is doing a great job and we all like it. The GOP thinks they will get around the cancellation of Medicare by telling current seniors, "Dont' worry, we not talking about you guys." Let's hope the majority of seniors decide that they don't want to be the "I'm alright and to hell with what it will mean to the next generations". Can you imagine being given and voucher and having to go out and purchase health insurance when you are 80? Don't seniors have enough to think about rather than which insurance company will cover them . We already have hospitals who pick and choose which insurance they will honor. Do we really want to go down that road?
  • Bob S gocar 2012/08/12 17:24:04 (edited)
    Bob S
    +2
    Like most radicals you ar tying to define the Ryan bill. You didn't have a clue what was in the Obamacare bill and probably still don't. Let Ryan tell us his proposals we don't need the liberal voices trying to steal another election. We now have HOPE and CHANGE we believe in and it doesn't include Obama this time around. Hey dip sh-t...anyone over 55 NOW will not have to change what they want. It is you liberal idiots trying to define the Ryan bill. Obama should run scared. He can't run on his record so why is he trying to define Ryans plan. At leasat the Reps have a decent bill.
  • **Starz... gocar 2012/08/14 01:13:51
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I agree. No senior citizen that I know of will be voting for Romney/Ryan. They aren't dumb, and when Romney wants to put Medicare on a voucher system, they are mad as hell.
  • Bob S **Starz... 2012/08/16 01:28:22
    Bob S
    +1
    If you are under 55 you'd better pay attention. You just want to bad mouth a very good proposal. No one over 55 is involved...Senios aren't dumb but you are showing your ignorance. As Nancy Peoplsi said read (she said pass) the bill and you will find out what is in it.
  • **Starz... Bob S 2012/08/16 01:50:20
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I'm not badmouthing anything, just stating the facts. You better wake up, Pal. before it's too late.
  • Bob S gocar 2012/08/16 01:25:49
    Bob S
    +1
    Like most unadvised you are preaching the dems lying line. Can you just read the Ryan bill or at least listen...NO ONE 55 or older will be affected. Stop pushing the liberal BS. Hell you might even join in this major Medicare crisis in our lifetime. Just remember no one 55 or older will be hurt.
  • shadow76 2012/08/12 16:24:58
    shadow76
    +2
    Some will vote for them others won't. I don't really like the bunching of people together. the women, the asians,the white guys, .........
  • Bob S shadow76 2012/08/12 17:24:41
    Bob S
    +1
    Sounds racial to be. What category do you want to be thrown into?
  • shadow76 Bob S 2012/08/13 01:49:56
    shadow76
    +1
    How about stop categorizing people?
  • Michaelene shadow76 2012/08/12 20:03:42
    Michaelene
    +3
    Yes, the great divider has done his job, Americans are more divided now than ever before.
    Just look at the POTUS' campaign site, different pages for each category.
    He'll say anything to anyone to win and people are stupid enough to think he can lead us.
  • shadow76 Michaelene 2012/08/13 01:52:44
    shadow76
    +1
    Exactly! "women will not vote for Romney he has a war on women" I hate that comment the worst. We are not all in 1 solid block!
  • Michaelene shadow76 2012/08/13 19:04:41
    Michaelene
    +1
    I can't believe what some women will base their vote upon, it truely boggles my mind.

To simplify and delfect our nations problems to free birth control has to attrack the most shallow minded woman. aka Sandra Fluke
  • shadow76 Michaelene 2012/08/14 00:58:38
    shadow76
    +2
    I know, and yet they have the audasity to assume they speak for all women when they are the extreme left fringe.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/08/12 16:23:53
    yes
    Ozzyboy
    +3
    Smart seniors will vote for Ryan. Especially if you compare Ryan's plan against 0's plan. I'd rather have the option for health care vouchers and changes that is spread over the next 10 years over just automatically being cut off by panels that will authorize the doctors to treat me or not. Over 75 - no treatment for you! Our choices are 1. let medicare just go bankrupt 2. Ease out of depending solely on medicare with the vouchers or 3. doing the 0 care where the elderly will be encouraged to "shut up and die already." People paying attention will know how to vote.
  • Bob S Ozzyboy 2012/08/12 17:25:41
    Bob S
    +3
    Most seniors are happy with the Ryan plan. If bnot they will be when Ryan explains his plan and not the liberal radical left doing it for him.
  • Arel 2012/08/12 16:15:59
    yes
    Arel
    +4
    He is doing nothing with those currently drawing or soon to be drawing SS/Medicare benefits. I would hope they have enough common sense to actually listen to what Ryan says and not what the Liberals spin says he says................

2014/11/29 00:29:39