Will Guns soon be confiscated in the USA?

will_b 2010/05/12 03:58:56
This is what gun owners can do to stop this:
We will go the way of Britian.
Dear fellow patriot,

With willing one-world accomplices in Washington, D.C., gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.
In fact, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the UN to pass a new "Small Arms Treaty."
This is Congressman Paul Broun from Georgia.
I'm writing you to make sure American citizens are prepared to oppose this assault on our national sovereignty and right to keep and bear arms.
Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against "terrorism," "insurgency" and "international crime syndicates," the UN's Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.
Ultimately, the UN's Small Arms Treaty is designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.
The National Association for Gun Rights has a Firearms Sovereignty Survey ready for you to complete, but I want you to understand just how dangerous this global gun ban is. Please bear with me for a moment.
So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.
But looking at previous versions of the UN "Small Arms Treaty," you and I can get a good idea of what's likely in the works.
If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the UN "Small Arms Treaty" would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:
*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL "unauthorized" civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you that this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.
Ever since its founding almost 65 years ago, the United Nations has been hell-bent on bringing the United States to its knees.
To the petty dictators and one-worlders who control the UN, the U.S. isn't a "shining city on a hill" -- it's an affront to their grand totalitarian designs for the globe.
These anti-gun globalists know that so long as Americans remain free to make our own decisions without being bossed around by big government bureaucrats, they'll NEVER be able to seize the worldwide oppressive power they crave.
And the UN's apologists also know the most effective way to finally strip you and me of ALL our freedoms would be to DESTROY our gun rights.
That's why I've decided to stand with the National Association for Gun Rights in their opposition to this assault on our Constitution!
The truth is, there's no time to waste.
You and I have to be prepared for this fight to move FAST.
The fact is, the last thing the gun-grabbers in the U.N. and in Washington, D.C., want is for you and me to have time to react and mobilize gun owners to defeat this radical legislation.
They've made that mistake before, and we've made them pay, defeating EVERY attempt to ram the "Treaty on Small Arms" into law since the mid-1990s.
But this time, time won't be on our side.
In fact, we're likely to only have a few days or weeks to defeat the treaty.
Worse, there's no longer a pro-gun Senate to kill ratification of the treaty.
There's no longer a President in the White House who has stated opposition to the treaty.
And you and I know good and well how Germany, Great Britain, France, Communist China or the rest of the anti-gun members of the United Nations are going to vote.
So our ONE AND ONLY CHANCE of stopping the UN's "Small Arms Treaty" is during the ratification process in the U.S. Senate.
As you know, it takes 67 Senate votes to ratify a treaty.
So rounding up 34 votes to kill this thing should be easy, right?
Unfortunately, that couldn't be further from the truth.
First, you know just as well as I do how few Senators are truly "pro-gun."
Second, even with the partisan rancor in Washington, D.C., many Senators get "queasy" about killing treaties for fear of "embarrassing" the President -- especially with "international prestige" at stake.
They look at ratifying treaties much like approving Presidents' Supreme Court nominees.
And remember how many Senators turned their back on us and voted to confirm anti-gun Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor?
A dozen more only voted against Sotomayor after receiving massive grassroots pressure from the folks back home.
So if we're going to defeat the UN's "Small Arms Treaty" we have to turn the heat up on the U.S. Senate now before it's too late!
Do you believe the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment are the supreme law of the land?
Do you believe any attempt by the United Nations to subvert or supersede your Constitutional rights must be opposed?
If you said "Yes" to these questions, please sign the survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.
Your survey will put you squarely on the record AGAINST the UN's Small Arms Treaty.
With your generous contribution, the National Association for Gun Rights will immediately begin contacting Second Amendment supporters to turn up the heat on targeted U.S. Senators.
Direct mail. Phones. E-mail. Blogs. Billboards. Guest editorials. Press conferences. Hard-hitting newspaper, radio and TV ads. The whole nine yards.
Of course, if NAGR can raise enough resources, their goal is to expand this full program to ALL their target states.
But that's not going to be cheap, and we may not have much time.
In fact, if we're going to defeat the UN's so-called "Small Arms Treaty," we have to start NOW!
So please put yourself on record AGAINST the UN's "Small Arms Treaty" by signing NAGR's Firearms Sovereignty Survey.

Thank you in advance for contributing you time and money towards defending our Second Amendment rights.
For Freedom,
Dr. Paul Broun, M.D.
U.S. Congressman (R-GA)
P.S. The Obama Administration just announced they would be working hand in glove with the UN to pass a new GLOBAL, "Small Arms Treaty."
That's why its vital you and I fight back IMMEDIATELY.

• Disko Pickle 2010/05/12 15:08:30 (edited)
    Disko Pickle
    +44
    I'd like you to read this document. (Pay particular attention to item #2)

read document pay attention item 2

The government does not have right OR the ability to take guns from the citizens of this country.

• LifeIsComedyPHAET 2010/05/20 02:38:33
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +1
    Really? You think that YOU can stop the UNITED NATIONS from passing an anti-gun treaty?

Which, by the way, only applies to guns traded between nations,
  • texasred LifeIsC... 2010/05/23 01:59:58
    texasred
    +2
    Be careful. Not everything is as it appears.
  • Nick Name 2010/05/15 10:25:07
    Nick Name
    +1
    Nothing. The story is a lie.
  • Sandy Nick Name 2010/05/17 22:50:14
    Sandy
    +1
    Really... all those brits... lying for the cameras? LOL
  • texasred Nick Name 2010/05/23 02:00:32
    texasred
    It's really isn't.
  • jesse 2010/05/15 04:04:48
    jesse
    +2
    All good Americans need to join together and remove these Global Comies!!!! gun owners americans join remove global comies
  • Colbert 2010/05/14 20:45:08
    Colbert
    +1
    gun owners

We make too many good weapons not to sell them to 3rd world nations to fuel civil wars for profit, damnit. What are we a bunch of dirty communists? NO!! Let's sell those guns to Mexico for their drug war and our profits!!
  • mtncolumbine 2010/05/14 16:10:58
    mtncolumbine
    +2
    Another way to take away our constitional rights and freedoms
  • Adam Troy 2010/05/14 06:57:07
    Adam Troy
    +1
    Hello:

Ask them to start with our military. If they say "NO", ask them why. When they answer, say "I REST NY CASE". Bye Adam Troy
  • 477777 2010/05/14 00:52:49
    477777
    This might be over you Tin Foil wearing heads!!

• Lisa~in~Texas 2010/05/14 00:15:56
    We will go the way of Britian.
    Lisa~in~Texas
    +3
    It's all part of the plan...

1. Dumb everyone down by controlling what they learn.
    2. Make them dependent on government.
    3. Pay them to stay home and lose the inspiration to do better for themselves.
    4. Take away their choices by making capitalism look bad.
    5. Remove their ability to defend themselves.
  • 477777 Lisa~in... 2010/05/14 00:45:47
    477777
    Texas explains it all!!!!
  • Taken' Fire for Truth 2010/05/13 23:50:25
    Taken' Fire for Truth
    +2
    Vote them out...and if that don’t work...that leaves only one or two ways. When that...dont get it...well . gun owners vote work leaves ways gun owners vote work leaves ways
  • Lisa~in... Taken' ... 2010/05/14 00:55:08
    Lisa~in~Texas
    +1
    I'm ready, either way.
  • Taken' ... Lisa~in... 2010/05/14 21:10:12
    Taken' Fire for Truth
    +1
    I think it's sad I even have to think that way...But I will stand for freedum and that is it !
  • Lisa~in... Taken' ... 2010/05/14 21:30:36
    Lisa~in~Texas
    +1
    It is indeed sad. Two years ago, I never would have dreamed I would one day be so ready for such a thing.
  • Andi 2010/05/13 23:50:06
    Andi
    +1
    The only thing the UN has is a bunch of pedophiles, as soon as we vote the commie dems out the problem will be solved.
  • voice_matters 2010/05/13 20:58:21
    We will go the way of Britian.
    voice_matters
    +2
    MORE PROOF OF THE STUPIDITY OF THE SO CALLED CONSERVATIVES
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2010/05/13 19:37:34
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +2
    The only way they'll get mine is by using guns on me anyway.
    Hypocrites. *rolls eyes*

I don't blame the British for wanting them back either. More homes started getting broken into after gun laws were passed - while the people were still at home.
    If there are no gun laws then criminals will always fear getting their asses shot off - so at the very least, they'll wait until you leave.
  • debrara... Surgeon... 2010/05/13 20:56:54 (edited)
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +1
    that's about right........ and well said Lupa
  • Go Green 2010/05/13 17:11:10
    We will go the way of Britian.
    Go Green
    The ONLY purpose for guns in the beginning was to defend your property when there was NO law enforcement and to defend our nation against the loyalists!
    Guess what people, the 2nd amendment is LONG OUTDATED!
  • Scott Go Green 2010/05/13 19:22:16
    Scott
    +2
    FOOL !
  • Surgeon... Go Green 2010/05/13 19:38:35
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +2

You've obviously never heard of criminals - you know, breaking and entering, have you?
  • eyemall Go Green 2010/05/13 19:55:22
    eyemall
    +1
    Then so is the first and all other ones.
  • will_b Go Green 2010/05/14 05:35:13 (edited)
    will_b
    +3
    Oh, I see, so nowadays we can just say to the murderer/rapist, "oh, can you wait a few minutes, the cops will be here in twenty. Thanks." How quickly does "law enforcement" get to your door when somebody breaks into your home, slashes at you with a knife, rapes you or rapes or kills your spouse or children? Not soon enough for my taste. A gun would put the power back into the home owners hand and ward off the criminal in the first place. It doesn't take long to die, I don't want to wait for "law enforcement" to show up.
  • eyemall will_b 2010/05/16 13:58:54
    eyemall
    +1
    Very true will
  • tomem 2010/05/13 17:02:31
    tomem
    +3
    Have to take mine from my cold dead hands.
  • BlytheS... tomem 2010/05/14 00:11:02
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    Oh brother. Charleton Heston was such a ignorant boob. He was nothing without the fawning worship of the ill informed.
  • eyemall BlytheS... 2010/05/16 14:02:36
    eyemall
    +1
    Just another ignorant boob like all the rest in Hollywood. Such as Rosie, Micheal Gross, Reba, Mark Wahlberg and all the rest who think they should have a armed bodyguard to protect them, but say "The People" dont need a gun to protect themselves.
  • coffee man 2010/05/13 16:04:44
    coffee man
    +2
    You nerds have been trying this for over a year now. When are you going to wake up and realize that NOTHING is happening to your guns?
  • will_b coffee man 2010/05/13 17:12:36
    will_b
    +4
    I don't know who you think you're talking to, but here in England they have ALREADY come and taken our guns. Perhaps it is YOU who needs to wake up. talking england guns wake

wake up and smell the coffee, coffee man
  • Scott will_b 2010/05/13 19:23:40
    Scott
    +2
    Coffee man is an idiot , ignor him Will
  • bull will_b 2010/05/14 06:03:33
    bull
    +1
    Utah’s Republican delegates sent tremors through Washington when they threw anti-gun Senator Bob Bennet to the curb. Attorney General Mike Lee will now face-off with businessman Tim Bridgewater in the June 22 Republican Primary.

Conservative activists across the country are celebrating this success.

Now, sometimes folks assume that just because a politician is a Republican, he is a solid supporter of the Second Amendment.

I hope you don’t make that mistake. We can't afford to accept lip service on this vital issue -- which is why I send all candidates the National Association for Gun Rights' Federal Candidate Survey.

You see, you and I are only one or two votes shy in the U.S. Senate of losing our right to keep and bear arms.

We have the most anti-gun administration in nearly 20 years. The last time such a rabid anti-gunner was in charge in Washington, we got the Brady Bill, a ban on an entire class of semi-automatic hunting and target rifles, and millions of gun owners lost their rights.

So, I hate to tell you this, but I have bad news.

We don’t know if Tim Bridgewater or Mike Lee support your right to keep and bear arms.

I have sent Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee the National Association for Gun Rights’ Federal Candidate Survey twice, but they have not responde...

I have sent Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee the National Association for Gun Rights’ Federal Candidate Survey twice, but they have not responded yet.

In some cases, politicians refuse to answer the tough questions we ask.

Unfortunately, when politicians refuse to answer, it virtually always means they’d vote anti-gun if elected.

Often, it’s a sign that they’re hiding their anti-gun views.

So, the question is, do Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee support your individual right to keep and bear arms???

Do they support banning semi-automatic sporting and hunting rifles?

Are they in favor of the U.N. gun controls that are right now looming over our head?

Honestly, we don't know if Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee don’t answer these questions, it should make any gun owner skeptical.

Please help me get to the truth.

Please contact Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee and demand that they answer the National Association for Gun Rights' Federal Candidate Survey.

If they continue to refuse to return the National Association for Gun Rights, Utah gun owners should view their silence as anti-gun.

You can contact the campaigns here:

Tim Bridgewater for Senate
    Phone: 801-253-7783
    E-mail: info@TimBridgewater.com

Mike Lee for Senate
    Phone: (801) 691-3022
    E-mail: info@mikelee2010.com

Election season is the best time to lobby candidates about the issues that matter most to you. Please contact Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater and demand that they answer the National Association for Gun Rights’ Federal Candidate Survey.

Rest assured, if they return their Federal Candidate Surveys, I will let you know if their answers are pro or anti-gun.

Thank you, in advance for contacting Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee by phone and e-mail.

For freedom,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. Utah Republican Senate Candidates Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee have not returned their National Association for Gun Rights’ Federal Candidate Surveys.

Consequently, we don’t know if Tim Bridgewater or Mike Lee support your firearm rights.

Call Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater and demand that they return the National Association for Gun Rights’ Federal Candidate Survey.
  • coffee man will_b 2010/05/17 14:48:31
    coffee man
    I'm talking to the Americans that keep spreading this fear that the current administration is going to take away our rights and way's of life, etc. There is no plan for this to happen and the length it would take to actually accomplish something of that significance would take years. This is all just a conspiracy that a certain group of people need to propagate in order to justify their hate.
  • will_b coffee man 2010/05/17 17:27:33
    will_b
    There is no hate involved in warning people to protect their constitutional rights.
  • vis_viva coffee man 2011/02/14 00:03:00
    vis_viva
    I know, and my favorite part is how they keep going on and on as if someone IS trying to take away their precious guns. It's like coming upon two adults debating what kind of cookie Santa Claus likes best. You try to let them know there IS no Santa Claus but they just keep going on and on, discussing which specific brands, and how much to leave out, and if they should leave out 2% milk or whole milk.

They so WANT President Obama to be after their guns to validate the "cold dead hands" bravado that the fact he isn't is not even aloud in their heads.
  • Mr. Furious 2010/05/13 14:50:15
    Mr. Furious
    +5
    Be at least a couple dead federal agents if they come and try and take my guns, I think they will run outta agents and law enforcement personnel before we run outta guns and gun owners.
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2010/05/13 14:01:49
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +3
    I am shocked to be agreeing with Disko Pickle......... BUT........Disko Pickle's got it right ......
  • tom C debrara... 2010/05/13 14:46:39
    tom  C
    Could disko be a long lost relative of Ted Nugent?
  • Scott tom C 2010/05/13 15:42:14
    Scott
    +3
    This can't be the REAL pickle . Clearly an imposter .

2014/10/01 12:32:34