Will Democrats Run Against Obama in 2012? Who May Run Against Obama On The Republican Ticket?

chaoskitty123 2011/04/04 01:42:36
Well, it seems several leftwingers have made posts on this site about Republicans being afraid to run against Obama in 2012... they need to look closer to home as many Democrats are angry with Obama and there is now a rift even among Liberals after his actions where Libya is concerned. Much as Ted Kennedy split against Jimmy Carter after the midterm elections and then ran against him in the 1980 elections, there are several prominent Democrats planning to run against Obama.

The most prominent of these seems to be Dennis Kucinich who, as some of you may recall, called for the impeachment of Obama over the Libya fiasco. Russ Feingold may have lost in November, but he too is being considered as he's certainly free now to make such a run. While he says he will not run against Obama in 2012, he is strongly supportive that someone must run against him leading many to think he could talk himself into the job if he doesn't see others doing it over the next several months.

But the most amazing possibility is California Governor Jerry Brown as people who know him are saying he's considering a run after coming to the view as Governor that there's not much he can actually do as Governor to resolve California's problems... but as President he would have the power to do this as he would focus inward on domestic issues and withdraw us from foreign conflicts.

Howard Dean has stated he will not run against Obama but his stand against Obamacare and his anger concerning Obama's record on foreign military affairs have some of his insiders thinking he may give it a run with people like Keith Olbermann openly calling on him to do so.

In fact, some Democrats like Dick Morris say the situation in Libya has so angered many on the left that if a Democrat doesn't run against him to fire up the Democrat Party... it all but guarantees a Republican victory because many Democrats will not be voting in 2012 just as we saw many of them not vote in 2010. Democrats are demoralized, they have lost faith in the President and many now view that voting for him is like casting a vote for George Bush jr because his policies have been almost identical to the ex President.

Then there's Michael Bloomberg who many feel will run as an Independent for the 2012 election and if he does, it will split the Democrat vote... something the media isn't talking about because they don't want people to think about that possibility. While Bloomberg denies he will run, he is a Liberal on Social issues and a Conservative on economic issues... and many around him say he is very disappointed with Barack Obama's Presidency even stating he supports replacing Obama in 2012 with a more qualified Democrat leading some to think if he doesn't see that happening, he may change his mind and run as an Independent.

Then There Are The Republicans Who May Surprise You

While the left seems to think they have this won and Republicans are on
the run, several Republicans have already stated their intent to run. They felt the same way in October 2010 as well... didn't quite work out the way they anticipated.

Herman Cain has announced he will run for the Presidency in 2012. Articulate, strong willed and drawing support from black voters across party lines are all his strong points. He is an extremely capable man in all areas including economics having served well as chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Cain is a man to be feared because he is well versed on almost every issue important to the country and he is not indecisive. Cain is also a main who has no issue being up front and proving himself rather than letting others defend him as is the case with President Obama.

Michelle Bachmann may also run which Democrats overlook as like Obama in 2007 who only announced his intent to possibly run, Bachmann has announced her intent to possibly run. While she has detractors mostly among Democrats, that can be factored out as these Democrats wouldn't vote for any Republican regardless. She has charisma, experience as a lawyer and is a very dominant personality within the Republican Party who has the ability to unite the Republicans and pull Independent votes.

Jon Huntsman jr, a Republican in Obama's Administration announced in December / early January he was considering announcing he would run but would have to resign his office as US Ambassador to China first... he resigned in February http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01/31/jon-huntsman-quits-am... and is a very strong candidate against Obama on the issues.

Fred Karger, a Republican gay rights activist, has announced he may run as well which could spell big trouble for Democrats as if he does run, it has been speculated that if he loses... he might become the VP candidate of several other Republicans should they win the nomination.

Virginia Governor Bob McDonell is another serious candidate who is flying under the national media spotlight who has the support of most prominent Republican candidates for his efforts to help Republicans win in November 2010.

Donald Trump has announced a possible run he seems very serious about. Trumps strengths are that people know he will do what he says, he has connections that no other Presidential candidate possesses where the economy is concerned to greatly aid him in successfully doing what he says and he will fire anyone in his cabinet who does not do their job if he wins.

Ron Paul is a possibility as it is known he strongly opposes the Obama Administration and that unlike any other candidate, his supporters come from across all political and ideological lines. Many believe he's the only man capable of doing the job of President in these troubled times who can get the job done. His traits are well documented and unlike most candidates, his views are also well documented because he doesn't lie about what he thinks.

Candidates to ignore and why some are hesitant

While the media focuses on front runners like Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich... these candidates are reluctant to announce they will run. The reason isn't that they fear losing, the reason is that there are so many potential candidates among the Republicans who have to be evaluated as at present, there are more than twenty prominent Republicans who have a serious chance of winning on the issues rather than their personality. Sarah Palin is not a serious candidate as she has used her status to gain more fame as a celebrity. Newt Gingrich has all but destroyed his chances before even getting started which is good for Republicans as he appeals more to the extreme fringe and will be divisive. Mitt Romney does not believe he will win the Republican primary from what insiders are saying which is leading to reservations on his part about announcing. Mike Huckabee had a very bitter experience in 2008 running against the other Republicans which he has parlayed into a successful tv career as a political pundit which many feel he is reluctant to abandon.

The Democrats looking at Republican candidates are misreading what they are seeing as they aren't afraid of Obama... they are weighing in against their fellow Republican candidates waiting to see who will step forward first and then weigh their chances against them. Some are even waiting to see if any Democrats will emerge to take on Obama as that also has to be factored in.

We should know by July who will be running for the Republicans and if there will be Democrats who will emerge to take on Obama because the Republican debates are scheduled to begin in May and few serious candidates would wait beyond July to toss in their hats as primaries begin in February 2012 and if candidates wait beyond July they will not have momentum to win the primaries.

While an early announcement helps, the fact is that the primaries have nothing to do with the other political party and candidates considering a run have taken part in debates n the past only to back out before the primaries.

Then there's the fact some states may cancel or delay primaries http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/election-2012-strugg... which both parties are factoring in and the mainstream media isn't talking about.

So there's a lot more going on in this election than anyone is looking at who doesn't try to see the big picture but base their views on reacting to what they hear rather than actually thinking about it and trying to understand.

Will Obama face Democrat opposition... we don't know.

Will the primaries take place as scheduled... we don't know.

Will a Republican front runner in the media be replaced by a dark horse with actual voters... again, we do not know.

With what it will cost to win the 2012 elections in a bad economy, our leaders would be irresponsible to rush in without certain guarantees which is why Donald Trump can more easily toss in his hat if he wants to rune... because he's got the money to do it. The others have no guarantees including Obama who doesn't know just yet if Democrats will put another candidate against him.

• DanielBruski 2011/04/04 02:43:18
    DanielBruski
    +3
    Feingold? He will never be a viable candidate for President. Losing his bid for a third term in the US Senate has sealed his fate in politics. I should know, I am one of the smart Wisconsinites who voted for Ron Johnson.

Hillary Clinton is the only one with the best shot to defeat Barack Obama in the primaries. No other Democrat is man enough. They're all weak-kneed.

• James P. Evanhoe 2011/10/14 01:36:17 (edited)
    James P. Evanhoe
    +2
    Would like to add this, this Summer I drove my cab in Teton Co. WY one of the most corrupt places in the USA, all officials here are friends of Dick Cheney, he lives here all of August and Christmas at Teton Pines C. C. I myself come from a Political Family

brother Michael P Evanhoe got Jerry Brown elected and is a friend of Nancy Pelosi who is for me a Political Hack to say the least, My Father Carl R. Evanhoe was the Chief Fundraiser for Central Cal for (R) Gov. Earl Warren and (R) President Eisenhower, are last great President in my opinion, so I have seen both sides, I am now a Solid Independent, so this summer I ask 1,000 visitors who got into my CAB about Obama, only 1, that's ONE out of more than 1,000, said they would vote for him. These conversations lasted 15 to 22 mins. Airport to Teton Village or Town. #1 dislike of Obama, was his failure to convict any one from Wall Street, for corruption & Fraud WORD HERE is FAILED.

#2 was the Economy. Here they all said he lacks hands on knowledge of business, because he has always been a ward of the government one way or the other.

OBAMA MUST GO......he is a complete failure....makes BUSH look like a genius!

I voted for OBAMA but believe me that isn't going to happen again, the Old Saying

Here "Fool Me Once shame You, fool me twice shame on ME," that won't happen.

DUMP OBAMA and save the USA...............
  • James P. Evanhoe 2011/10/14 01:18:39
    James P. Evanhoe
    it is time to dump OBAMA, he is bringing down the USA, and 100% bringing down the Democrat Party. His so called CHANGE amount to leaving in place all of GW BUSH's guys at the Federal Reserve, the Defense Department, and the same gang of Wall Street thugs running the Treasury. Obama failed to convict 1 company such as
    Goldman-Sachs for Corruption and Fraud, because he took over a million dollars from Goldman-Sachs alone in his last campaign. Obama is an absolute PHONY
  • Gerald S. Fariza 2011/09/23 21:43:04
    Gerald S. Fariza
    +2
    I would like to run for President against President Obama. I am 51 years old. I have been a Democrat most of my life. I am a business man who is struggling in this economy trying to make a decent dollar. I built a Biodiesel plant in 2006 in Sugar Land, Texas. I voted for President Obama in this pass election even though my preferred choice was Hillary Clinton. I have campaigned for my party locally. And just two months into Presidents Obama term I wrote him a letter about the importance of creating jobs NOW, now that he had the Senate and House and could do so. How important is for him to keep his promises? Rolling the tax credits that Bush gave the wealthiest in this nation. How important was to stimulate the small businesses? Because we make up more than 80% of the workforce in this country, by giving easy small business loans for the entrepreneur who is the one in this capitalistic system wanting to become the top 5% ( That was then ). I never heard any response from the White House. I sent a second letter 10 months later and at this point he had been in office for over a year. I criticized the fact that he was still on health care that he should force it through and should stop traveling so much and take care of things at home. Where are the tax credits for...

I would like to run for President against President Obama. I am 51 years old. I have been a Democrat most of my life. I am a business man who is struggling in this economy trying to make a decent dollar. I built a Biodiesel plant in 2006 in Sugar Land, Texas. I voted for President Obama in this pass election even though my preferred choice was Hillary Clinton. I have campaigned for my party locally. And just two months into Presidents Obama term I wrote him a letter about the importance of creating jobs NOW, now that he had the Senate and House and could do so. How important is for him to keep his promises? Rolling the tax credits that Bush gave the wealthiest in this nation. How important was to stimulate the small businesses? Because we make up more than 80% of the workforce in this country, by giving easy small business loans for the entrepreneur who is the one in this capitalistic system wanting to become the top 5% ( That was then ). I never heard any response from the White House. I sent a second letter 10 months later and at this point he had been in office for over a year. I criticized the fact that he was still on health care that he should force it through and should stop traveling so much and take care of things at home. Where are the tax credits for the local manufacturing jobs? Where is the support to the union’s right for collective bargaining? The working man/woman IS and has been under attack and we do not have a leader willing to do anything.

Now he sends a Job bill that he knows it will not pass. He should have done this back when he had control of Congress. He would not have been in a position to raise the debt ceiling if he would have raise taxes. He should not have negotiated and accepted the reduction of social services since by doing so; it would be the same as taxing the poor and the middle class. You know what upsets me the most of President Obama? The fact that during his campaign he would compare himself with President Ronald Ragan as if that was a good thing. But would not mention or recognize President Bill Clinton. Just a reminder to everyone in the 8 years of President Clinton there were 43 million jobs created and we had raised TAXES, during Presidents Bush term we reduced taxes and only 3 million jobs were created. And President Obama left things the same way Bush had them and we are now in a working man and woman crisis. You could also go to Factcheck.org and ask the question: Does the US economy do better when taxes are high? It will respond that in the history of this country is has shown that the economy does better when taxes are raised.

We need to create good local jobs. We need to break dependency of crude oil and push for algae oil production. (Look for Fred Tennant in Florida) We need to bring the made in America pride back to our country. We need to promote Unions in all states. Lead in technology as we once did. Send a man to Mars. Rebuild our infrastructure. All these things create jobs and stimulate the private sector to come up with new inventive ideas.

I am a common person. I’m not a graduate from Harvard or from any Ivy League university. Once out of college I have never taken any government help. Even though I strongly believe that there are those in need and as one of the wealthiest nations on earth we should provide for those in need. Not cut their services. We need to have a real Universal healthcare. We need students to have access to universities with out the worries of how they are going to pay for it. There are children in OUR country right now going to bed hungry, and that should not be happening.
    I sat down the other day with my son and some of his friends and I said, “I want to apologize for what my generation is doing to your future “.

The good news is we can still fix this.

I have to worry just like most Americans on how I am going to pay my mortgage next month, is my electric bill going to be so large that I won’t be able to eat good so I can pay it. Hoping that the price of fuel stays low enough so I can afford going to work.

I have been running my business for over 15 years. I know what it takes to run a business with a tight budget. I know how hard it is to negotiate with people who want to save a buck. I would love to have a debate with President Obama and ask him; why did he not raise taxes when he could? Why he did not concentrate on job creation which would have stopped some of the mortgage foreclosure? Why did he not support the unions the way he could have? Why we have secret wars? Why did he let the republicans come up with the upper hand on every single negotiation? Why do we have more poor today than when Bush was president? Why is it that you just don’t lead?

I think it is time we send a Democrat from the people to the White House. I will find a way to make the right things happen. My name is Jerry Fariza and I am a common Jerry running for President.
  • Jackson Rufus 2011/09/22 03:50:14
    Jackson Rufus
    +1
    An attempt to run against President Obama will be a political sucide for democrat.
  • JULIE 2011/09/20 15:04:59
    JULIE
    Please Help the US Hillary for President 2012
  • Jackson... JULIE 2011/09/22 03:52:14
    Jackson Rufus
    +2
    That will never happen
  • JULIE Jackson... 2011/09/22 11:57:40
    JULIE
    A girl can dream
  • whitecollar 2011/09/20 01:08:52 (edited)
    whitecollar
    +1
    Don't abandon ship because Obama hasn't produced millions of jobs yet. We were in a deep hole after Bush. Stop being impatient. Our loyalty should be to our president who is standing up for us with Republicans. Most of the Republicans have signed a pledge with Grover Norquist to continue subsidizing wealthy corporations. Have corporations produced any jobs with their tax cuts for wealthy ceo's, during the Bush era or later? No, and they would throw us all under the bus to get their way. Don't give up, fix the problem...by electing more Democrats to the House and Senate. Giving up will only make our financial problems worse and will not produce jobs. Let's elect more Democrats to get the job done! Clinton did not have huge tax breaks for the wealthy and times were much better, we can do better, but must have a majority in the House and Senate.
  • JULIE whiteco... 2011/09/22 11:57:25
    JULIE
    Im not abandoning ship, I was always a Clinton Supporter, the only reason I voted for Obama is that he was the lesser of 2 evils
  • whitecollar 2011/09/20 01:05:30 (edited)
    whitecollar
    +1
    I remain a strong supporter of President O'Bama and will vote for him in 2012. I will not waste my vote on a Republican who will make things worse. It will take longer than four years to fix the mess that Bush made for this country. No, I will not vote for someone who will cause financial ruin. It is not in my best interest. President O'bama will be stronger with a Democratic House and Senate.
  • whiteco... 2012/01/06 16:00:40
    +4
    Dems had control of house the last two years of Bush and as well as the first 2 and half years with Obama. What makes you think it will be any different?
  • jackie whiteco... 2012/03/06 02:29:30
    jackie
    +1
    Your vote will not be a waste. I'm democrate, my family is mostly democrate. But O'Bama has to go! He is a total failure. He is a phony. He just doesn't get what the USA needs.
  • AnnForTruth 2011/08/04 06:53:20
    AnnForTruth
    +1
    I'm a strong supporter of President Obama and voted for him in 2010, but I don't think I'll be supporting him in the next election, especially after not doing away with Bush's tax cuts. Based on what I've experienced thus far I just as well vote Republican, because they seem to rule anyway with a Democratic President. President Obama doesn't appear to be a strong enough President, albeit they're giving him more hell than they've given any other president in my lifetime.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/04/06 11:50:35
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    I doubt any other democrat will run against Obama unless Obama's ratings bottom out over a long period of time. Then, Hilliary might take a stab at it.... Feingold, I hope not!! Gov. Brown from California - hope not as he hasn't even proved he can run a state although he has proven he can lie, cheat and steal to get what he wants. Brown would just be another "Obama" disaster.

As far as the right, I do like Trump yet am not real sure about his views and ties when it comes to unions..... Romney will be forever be associated with Romney Healthcare.... Huckabee, not sure about him. Would Huckabee be tuff enough?
  • DanielBruski 2011/04/04 02:43:18
    DanielBruski
    +3

• Annie~P... DanielB... 2011/04/06 11:37:36
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    Exactly Daniel.... Hillary is the only one bold enough to run. If Soros were to give her thumbs up, bet she would go for it.
  • AnnForT... DanielB... 2011/08/04 07:00:00
    AnnForTruth
    I don't believe Hillary Clinton would campaign against President Obama. She voted for President Obama's or should I say Bush's policy. I'm a lot disappointed in Obama though I know the opposition is deliberately giving him hell. Their main focus and goal is to make him a one-term president. I've always said the economy is what won President Obama the election and if the economy remains the same this will cause him to lose the next election. The GOPs know this and what they're doing. Corporations/businesses are not going to hire because this will help the current President in the upcoming election. Corporations are not trying to help him win.
  • whiteco... AnnForT... 2011/09/29 03:28:39
    whitecollar
    We must elect more Democratic Senators and Representatives to Congress. Republicans as they are now, (only interested in pleasing the Tea Party) will cause more problems for our Democracy. They are not interested in being the solution; but are more inclined to be part of the problem. I don't even believe they understand the Constitution or the way to govern. There is nothing lawful about rigging elections and other things they have attempted to do.
  • AnnForT... whiteco... 2011/09/29 09:12:29 (edited)
    AnnForTruth
    I don't believe electing more Democratic Senators and Democratic Representatives in Congress is the problem. We have a Democratic majority in Senate and lost control of Congress in the 2010 election. I believe the problem is finding enough supporters with energy to get out to vote.

When Democrats had control of the House and Senate, they could have easily overturn extending Bush Tax Cuts to the wealthiest and they didn't, because this wasn't a priority. So now they have to wait until they expire in January, 2012, I believe. But it doesn't matter if Republicans meet their goal and sustain House majority and gain Senate majority and President Obama loses the election.

Because many that supported President Obama in 2008 are disappointed in him catering to Republicans they didn't bother to vote in 2010 and this is the result. Republicans and Teapublicans are a bunch of selfish and greedy individuals.

If the economy doesn't change for the better come 2012 election, as Axerold stated, President Obama is going to have a "titanic battle." This is the reason Republicans voted against every bill that would/might create jobs. Their objective is to win and make Barack Obama a one-term president. This is a fact they don't hide and constantly pontificate. So the bottom is electing more Democrats isn't the problem, energizing enough Obama supporters to go to the polls to vote is or will be.
  • whiteco... AnnForT... 2011/10/12 17:47:01 (edited)
    whitecollar
    I think Democrats will turn out in droves to vote. We need Democrats in control of Congress. You must be a Republican or a spineless Democrat to think that they would miss this opportunity to stand up for the people's rights. If you are the latter, I encourage you to develop a spine.

The change to Congress in 2012, when Republicans won the majority in the House, was because of an enormous loss of jobs, due to the Wall Street theft, a housing crisis, and a war that lasted too long. Voters were mistaken in thinking that Republicans would fix the economy and bring back more jobs. Their plan, as we now know it, was to do nothing in hopes of making O'bama a one term president. How pathetic! The country should come first, before political considerations.

You're right, Republicans are greedy and selfish, which is a contributing factor to why we are not seeing a quicker recovery. We need to be reminded that, had our previous "Republican" president continued the war in Afghanistan, it probably wouldn't have lasted ten years. Money and lives would have been saved and the deficit wouldn't be as big an issue. We can't change past decisions, but a little more cooperation from Congress would be a great start. There is no way, that either party can repair the damage to our economy overni...

You're right, Republicans are greedy and selfish, which is a contributing factor to why we are not seeing a quicker recovery. We need to be reminded that, had our previous "Republican" president continued the war in Afghanistan, it probably wouldn't have lasted ten years. Money and lives would have been saved and the deficit wouldn't be as big an issue. We can't change past decisions, but a little more cooperation from Congress would be a great start. There is no way, that either party can repair the damage to our economy overnight; but, when we vote, we should choose people who will at least make an effort; and do no further harm.

The Republican party is the party of and for business and have been obstructionists at every opportunity. We can't expect them to make the changes we need. Their Republican philosophy is "What is good for business, is good for the public." That is not so, however, when their plans enrich their Corporate friends, at the expense of the hard-working middle class. The people will not buy it, and their voices will be heard loud and clear at the polls in 2012.
  • AnnForT... whiteco... 2011/10/12 22:05:07
    AnnForTruth
    Republicans won the house because many on the left and others who voted for him are disgusted with President Obama giving into Republicans demands. I believe it is more or less a warning to the President to quit catering to the right, because they are not going to return the favor. Those selfish and greedy SO-and-SOs.

I agree. The economy didn't get this way overnight and it's sure not going to get better overnight either. A mess is so easy to get into and hard as hell to get out of sometimes. Right now is one of those sometimes.
  • whiteco... AnnForT... 2011/10/12 19:47:43
    whitecollar
    Do we want this country run by Corporations? Money should not buy influence. We need to change this. Government should be of and by the people. Please fight your desire to give up on our democracy!
  • Beccy 2011/04/04 01:53:37
    +2
    IT would be wonderful If Finegold were to run against Berry
  • chaoski... Beccy 2011/04/04 02:23:54
    chaoskitty123
    +2
    It would be great to see any Democrat run against him... but I seriously doubt they will lol. I'm just posting the logical view based on the facts that there is a widening opposition to Obama among Democrats where if someone doesn't run against him... he's all but guaranteed to lose anyway at this rate. The thing there is if the Republicans choose badly, we could have an even worse President taking his place. So I would rather see a qualified Democrat vs a qualified Republican... and Obama ain't it.
  • Beccy chaoski... 2011/04/04 22:32:42
    +3
    I just want to see a good leader. Someone who can pull the country together again so we can work on the problems. That was what made FDR a good president. He was able to pull the country together.
  • chaoski... Beccy 2011/04/05 07:40:07
    chaoskitty123
    +2
    FDR even pulled the two parties together working across party lines focusing more on Centralism until LBJ.

The only person capable of pulling most people together is Ron Paul. His support base cuts across party lines and ideological views. He has people who don't like him but there's no doubt he's qualified, intelligent, honest... and he backs it all up because if you question his intellect, he'll drown you with his accomplishments and let you verify everything he says whereas with Obama... we have to let his supporters tell us how intelligent they know he is when none of them have any proof anymore than anyone else to back it up lol.

Hillary has already said she's not running and if Obama wins she's not serving in his cabinet for a second term... the question no one's asking is if she would serve if another Democrat beats him lol.

I'd love to see other Democrats take him on and if they are honest, after this Libya affair and the revelations of yet another secret deal allowing Saudi Arabia to send aid to leaders in Bahrain to put down demonstrators while we bombed the hell out of Libya because they voted to let us do it... I think most Democrats want to see Obama replaced but because they can't see him as anything but a victim because he's black, they can't bring themselves to admit it.
  • Beccy chaoski... 2011/04/05 23:02:27
    +1
    There has been so much that Obama has done that has hurt the party. He is not a democrat but something much more sinister
  • whiteco... Beccy 2011/09/22 02:27:29 (edited)
    whitecollar
    +1
    Are you a Democrat? I don't think so, a Democrat would never say that. Sinister, he is not! He has done so many things right, and we should continue to support him. He has experience, and with more Democrats in the House, the economy will improve. The banks may even start lending again. Republicans (like Bush) did, and will sink our economy into an even worse abyss. If your memory is so short that you can't remember that this started in Bush's term, you are probably a tea party member. Things could be so much worse, and the government won't be there to rescue anyone, whether it's a national disaster or a financial collapse.

Democrats should elect Democratic representatives to the House and Senate and we will have jobs. The House Republicans should never again be allowed to hold our debt hostage, in order to get their way. For Republicans, money is the answer to getting control of elections... (Those who have the power make the rules). Don't give them the power! Our President should be the choice of the people...not the corporations! No one should be allowed to buy an election.
  • AnnForT... chaoski... 2011/08/04 07:06:03
    AnnForTruth
    If President Obama is the only chose on the democratic side come 2012 I believe many liberals, independents, democrats, and yes some republicans will take into consideration the alternative and vote for Obama, providing he grow some balls and start fighting back.
  • GoodEncounter 2011/04/04 01:49:51
    GoodEncounter
    +2
    If the Dems are smart they will run against this train wreck. As far as the Republicans-they need someone strong and I don't see anyone that could do it.
  • chaoski... GoodEnc... 2011/04/04 02:16:22
    chaoskitty123
    +2
    We rarely see strength at this point. Look at McCain in 2008 who emerged as a strong candidate plying his "war hero" reputation that made him look strong... after winning the Republican primary, he then made himself look like a doddering old fool and Palin left him looking like a henpecked husband where most agree that they almost expected him to say "Yes dear" at any moment when they gave interviews together. Then he went head to head with Bush which was a disaster during the election and Republicans realized they had chosen the worst candidate rather than the best they had to choose from. Obama won as much from Republicans not voting as from Democrats voting in 2008.

Right now, Herman Cain might prove the strongest candidate already declaring he will run for the Republicans but we don't know a lot about him.

Remember something though... almost nobody knew anything about Obama in 2008 either and he won.
  • GoodEnc... chaoski... 2011/04/04 02:25:59
    GoodEncounter
    +2
    You're right. Thank you!

2014/09/20 12:42:52