Why Would Republicans Support A War Criminal LIke Allen West ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2011/04/20 13:29:36
Allen Was kicked out of the US Army for war crimes during the Iraq War. He also supports other war criminals like the Leavenworth 10 who were convicted of murdering Iraqis during the War. The Veterans of Foreign Wars (of which I am a member ) chose to endorse a civilian rather than endorse West for Congress. Is this the best the conservatives have to offer ?

What he did then:
Army Lt. Col.; Commander, 2nd Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment

What he does now: Private citizen

Reported involvement: Army investigators learned that West participated in the August 2003 forcible interrogation of an Iraqi police officer thought to be involved in a plot to assassinate him and other soldiers. In their report, the investigators found that West directed four enlisted soldiers and a female civilian interpreter to punch and kick the Iraqi detainee repeatedly in an attempt to get information. The investigation also found that West brandished his pistol during the interrogation and fired it near the detainee's head in a mock execution to scare the detainee into talking.

Punishment: Fourth Infantry Division commanding Gen. Raymond Odierno initially brought criminal charges against West, but a pretrial hearing officer recommended that those charges be dismissed. Instead, Odierno gave West an administrative punishment and fined him half a month's pay for two months, or about $5,000. In spring 2004, West retired from the Army.

http://www.slate.com/features/whatistorture/ChainOfCommand.html

5000 spring 2004 west retired army httpwww slate comfeatureswhatistorturechainofcommand html

• Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2011/10/26 02:37:05
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    Forget West, what in the Hell is a VFW member doing idolizing a Cuban, Communist thug?!
  • Centurion~PWCM~JLA 2011/05/01 00:01:33
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The VFW PAC endorsed Klein over West.

VFW members (of which I am a member and a Post and District Officer) tended to vote for West.

http://www.freerepublic.com/f...

The National Commander Eubanks dissolved the VFW PAC over this and similar endorsements.

http://www.nationalreview.com...

It also seems that the Iraqi detainee did in fact have information which LTC West extracted by scaring it out of him.

http://www.outsidethebeltway....

Read the article.

The PAC can pack it on up and leave.

LTC West did what he had to do to save the lives of some of his men. He showed far more courage than most members of congress.
  • Che Gue... Centuri... 2011/05/01 04:40:42
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    West is no Veteran, he is a WAR CRIMINAL that has put every service member serving that theatre of operation in jeopardy. And he is an embarrassment to the uniform and the United States of America. He should be serving a life sentence for kidnapping and torture. GO sell your snake oil somewhere else.

"Colonel West testified that he did not know whether “any corroboration” of a plot was ever found, adding: “At the time I had to base my decision on the intelligence I received. It’s possible that I was wrong about [the detainee,] Mr. Hamoodi.”
  • Centuri... Che Gue... 2011/05/01 14:03:14
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    We will have to agree to disagree on this. We are looking at it from diametrically opposing views and neither of us seem inclined to change our views.

The three words "was ever found" is an important phrase. That does not mean that it was or was not, it means that corroboration of a plot "was not found." "It's possible" means that it was possible that LTC West was wrong about Mr. Hamoodi, but not completely. He could have been right about him as well and it never came out in court. Remember, lots of things get suppressed in courts, just ask LTC Terry Lakin.

If LTC West were a war criminal, he would be in prison now and would have lost his retirement and all benefits.
  • AARGH! 2011/04/30 14:13:20 (edited)
  • Che Gue... AARGH! 2011/04/30 14:21:36
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    Great point ! No wonder the insurgency is doing so well and most Iraqis hate us. People like West are destroying our reputation and endangering our troops. He should be in prison and not an elected official.
  • AARGH! Che Gue... 2011/04/30 14:31:39
  • Studied 2011/04/29 17:11:52
    Studied
    It was war and it just proves to me that Allan West will do whatever it takes to protect his troups and this country, even at his own peril. I detest those who try to tie the hands of our military behind their backs. If the shoe were on the other foot our young men and leaders would get geheaded. Are you suggesting that is okay?
  • Che Gue... Studied 2011/04/30 13:50:39
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    I am suggesting that now that is has been proven to the world AGAIN that the United States (Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave lol) will allow an officer of the United States Army to TORTURE an innocent civilian (After all, they found the police officer actually knew nothing) and only give him a $5,000 fine and retire him. West should have received a life sentence.
  • dublin9 2011/04/23 17:34:51
    dublin9
    +5
    West sounds like my kind of take charge Field Grade Officer. You claim to be a member of the VFW. May I ask which war and which side you fought on?
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/24 00:09:06
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    I don't "claim" to be a member of the VFW, I AM a member of the VFW. Now skedaddle on back to the mess hall.
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/24 15:30:55 (edited)
    dublin9
    +4
    I have to wait a while for chow. I hold the milititary Rank of Lieutenant Colonel (up from the ranks which is no easy task). A good officer doesn't eat until all the EPs and NCOs get through waiting on line to be served.
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/24 19:20:56
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Then you should understand the peril douche bags like West put our troops in.
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/24 19:51:56
    dublin9
    +1
    Not to hurt your feeling but you were probably an EP or NCO. This is fine, because you are the heart and arms of the military. But you will never know what Field and General Grade Officers may or may not do to protect you.
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/30 13:52:54
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Is torturing innocent civilians something they do to "protect" us ?
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/30 14:02:48
    dublin9
    I rather suspect that these people were not "innocent civilians." And the Geneva Convention does not protect combatants not wearing uniforms. It's perfectly acceptable to just shoot them as spies.
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/30 14:11:32
    Che Guevara - Hero
    dublin9 said:
    "I rather suspect that these people were not "innocent civilians."

So you are an advocate of just picking up any civilian you "rather suspect" and torturing them. What country did you serve ? Certainly NOT the same country or military I served in.
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/30 14:15:18
    dublin9
    I rather think you are making assumptions you choose to believe. As an aside, if you are such a fair person, why do you the avatar of someone who was a racist and a murderer?
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/30 14:23:09
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Well when you can't come up with a valid argument you can always change the discussion to somebody's avatar.

Che and a group of revolutionaries overthrew the Military Dictatorship of Batista, who was installed and supported by the US, US Corporations, and the Mafia. He went on to help other countries do the same. He was hunted down and killed in Bolivia by a CIA trained hit squad with CIA personnel present.

But the story doesn't end there. Because of people like Che Guevara, the US lost its grip on Latin America and most of the countries that once had dictators now have Social Democracies
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/30 14:29:08
    dublin9
    I responded to you and then brought up a curiosity about your avatar as an afterthought. As to Che Guevara, I fear you have an overly simplistic understanding of his history. You can clean up his background as much as you wish, but before pointing fingers at anyone, you should investigate the background of your own heros. I suspect you just like him because he disliked America. Am I correct?
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/30 14:44:35
    Che Guevara - Hero
    I love America. I hate the people that support the despots and tyrants we have propped up. Does a history degree work for you ?
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/30 14:57:56
    dublin9
    So you must hate Obama who seems perfectly content with the butchery of civilians going on by the dictators of Iran and Syria.
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/04/30 15:12:18
    Che Guevara - Hero
    How many US Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen have died in Iran and Syria during the Obama Administration ? How many civilians have we killed so far ?
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/04/30 15:28:08 (edited)
    dublin9
    Oh, I see... you're now using body count. In point of fact, Syria and Iran have been conduits for people and weapons that have led to the deaths of numerous American soldiers. And while we're at it, why are we waging war in Libya? Over the past ten years, Gadaffi has been very helpful to us in securing intelligence info on forces like al Quaida. We are supporting the Libyan Eastern Tribes who have been the overwhelming Libyan group supplying jihadis to kill Americans.
  • Che Gue... dublin9 2011/05/01 04:43:12
    Che Guevara - Hero
    You don't answer my questions and I surely won't answer yours.
  • dublin9 Che Gue... 2011/05/01 12:44:22
    dublin9
    But I DID answer your question. You just choose not to accept it.
  • jimshaw54 Che Gue... 2014/06/04 16:33:19
    jimshaw54
    +1
    How do you know that the person in question was an "innocent civilian"? And since when scaring the crap out of someone (which apparently elicited information that probably was life-saving for the men under his command) torture? When (notice I didn't say IF) the terrorists become more active on our home soil perhaps even you will figure out the difference between real torture and scaring the heck out out someone to save lives of real innocents.
  • kevildawg Che Gue... 2011/05/20 19:05:24
    kevildawg
    Answer dublin's question (...which war and which side you fought on?). I'd also like to know what kind of VFW it is that you claim to be a member of. I like your cute little beret. I've wiped my ass with several like them throughout my career.
  • Che Gue... kevildawg 2011/05/21 05:18:40
    Che Guevara - Hero
    kevildawg said:
    "I've wiped my ass with several like them throughout my career."

We have something in common. I wiped mine with your mother several times too.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/04/22 04:35:26
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    i dont understand the question
  • PS ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/04/26 14:06:06
    PS
    War is hell. West objects to imprisoning soldiers for killing the enemy. He absolutely detests Obama, and the way Obama has tied their hands behinds their backs to do their job. Reading them their rights like they got busted for fighting on the street just isn't the same. West said: I would walk through hell carrying a gas can for my soldiers. I like him.
  • Che Gue... PS 2011/04/27 01:14:49
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    West is a coward that got caught torturing an INNOCENT civilian.
  • shadow 2011/04/22 02:14:52
    shadow
    +2
    So what are you really trying to say... that all military personnel are basically war criminals?

Really? You better hope your six never needs saving... but then... you are one of those liberal terrorists that can not deal with the truth...
  • banzaib... shadow 2011/04/22 04:24:34
    banzaibuckaroo
    no, pretty much just Allen......and if he had braids in his hair, Allen would rival the Predator charature.
  • shadow banzaib... 2011/04/27 14:24:29
    shadow
    So military personnel with braids in their hair are predators?

Why draw the line there? Why not just say that all military who are placed in a life or death situation are predators and leave the physical descriptions out of it... that sounds like profiling to me.... heh... heh... heh...
  • banzaib... shadow 2011/04/27 17:35:25
    banzaibuckaroo
    I think you need to take a chill pill, Allen is not a good looking man. That's a fact. Denzel Washington, Kobe Bryant, and even Samuel S. Jackson are good looking, but Allen is on the same line as Sam Cassell,
  • shadow banzaib... 2011/04/28 01:40:25
    shadow
    It really is a good thing I do not care what you think.

We are not discussing a mans' looks...
  • banzaib... shadow 2011/04/28 04:04:29
    banzaibuckaroo
    I was, and you put your own spin in it.
  • shadow banzaib... 2011/04/28 12:06:28 (edited)
    shadow
    Since you responded to my comment... it would be YOU that is putting your own SPIN on things....
  • banzaib... shadow 2011/04/28 22:11:31
    banzaibuckaroo
    read well, because I never said a damn thing about the Military personnel being terrorist like you did.

2014/10/24 14:43:03