Why would Muslims have saved Jews during WWII?

Nameless 2012/08/05 01:51:35
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/03/documentary-seeks-to...

Thank you to every single Albanian Muslim's family member who stood by their tenets to save a life. Thank you for, probably, saving some of my family. Shalom Aleichem. You are welcome at my seder table any time.

• stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/08/05 18:59:08
  • Haley 2012/08/05 10:25:31 (edited)
    Haley
    Because Islam is not evil, but a peaceful religion, and because there are good people and bad people in any sort of group. Most people understand this.
  • Nameless Haley 2012/08/05 12:59:14
    Nameless
    That's my point - except that in the US, most people do not. ; ) Even I, a Jewish woman, understand that Islam is not evil. ; )
  • Haley Nameless 2012/08/05 13:11:35
    Haley
    +1
    :) Agreed but i like to think most Americans do understand this. Sometimes I believe it's the ignorant and angry who make the most noise so it's the only voices we hear.
  • Nameless Haley 2012/08/05 17:44:16
    Nameless
    +1
    I hear far too many angry voices (and not in my own head. LOL). I had a very dear muslim friend who passed away abou 18 mos ago. May he rest in peace... We were trying to arrange a Passover seder together. How much better does it get than that to have a muslim family and a jewish family sitting down to sup and discuss the injustices in the world - and celebrate the fact that we are children of Abraham? It will never happen with him, now, but we both new how fortunate we were.
  • NPC 2012/08/05 01:56:51
    NPC
    +2
    Interesting subject you have here ? The NAZI's did not really want to exterminate The Muslims, did they ? Never really heard about the cleansing-"final soluttion" except when Hitler and his henchmen wanted to blame the Jews for everything gone upside down in Germany.
  • Nameless NPC 2012/08/05 02:02:05
    Nameless
    Did you read the link? I find it fascinating that so many would paint Muslims in general in a bad light and then for some to discover that Albanian Muslims sheltered Jews and that their code "is fueled in part by the tenets of Islam under which saving a life is a blessed act." I get so tired of all Muslims being placed into this generalized heap of proposed trash when in fact they are just like all of us... and I am grateful to them for what they did. I'm not sure what your questions are, though.
  • Nameless NPC 2012/08/05 02:04:43 (edited)
    Nameless
    Oh, and Hitler would kill anyone found to be sheltering Jews... It was an huge risk for them to take.
  • D D Nameless 2012/08/05 10:39:30
    D D
    Christans hid jews too. It was a huge risk.
  • Nameless D D 2012/08/05 13:00:50
    Nameless
    This was not about Christians, though. If you bothered to read the story, you would see that until recently no one knew about how the Albanian muslims hid Jews.
  • D D Nameless 2012/08/05 13:15:54
    D D
    I got what you were saying. I was simply saying other faiths hid jews at great risk as well as Albanians. Not ALL Christian or ALL Albanians, but some. I would like to think I would have but I would have to feel firm in a plan. Be smart about how it was done.

2014/10/20 18:04:27