Why we need to stop saying Anybody but Obama!

Adam 2012/07/15 19:32:58
Of those that I hang around a lot here on Sodahead you might know me as the conservative that is highly against Mitt Romney, while also being highly against Ron Paul too. I've quite often been accused as being for Obama because I am not for Romney. Well I am not for Obama and I'm not for Romney. In fact I state that both of them are liberal progressives. The problem that has led us to this road is that we didn't care who all we cared about is get rid of Obama. Well this sets a very low standard for who will replace him. As a conservative I have found a radio talk show host that will challenge the common theme of many people on politics and will make you think hard about how you are perceiving who to vote for. Watch this video and that answer the poll.

http://stevedeace.com/how-now-shall-we-vote/

• rightside 2012/08/13 00:55:15
    Anybody but Obama is a good thing.
    rightside
    Where are all the great folks with the experience to run?
    I have to pick from the ones listed on the ballet. I do feel more comfortable voting for Romney now that he has picked Ryan. Love this guy.
    Anybody but Obama breeds a very low standard.
    +1
    "all we cared about is get rid of Obama..."

Yup... that was Mitch McConnell and the republicans. And what have they d one to HELP this country?

Wait for it.

NOTHING!
  • burning... Lady Wh... 2012/08/12 10:16:09 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    Exactly, americans have been repeating this "anybody but X" or "lesser of 2 evils" nonsense since before I was even born but it's gotten ESPECIALLY noticeable the last 6-8 years. It never works out.
  • Adam Lady Wh... 2012/08/13 00:39:04
    Adam
    They have partially succeeded in what they have been voted for. Preventing more socialist legislation.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS 2012/08/12 00:18:27 (edited)
    Anybody but Obama is a good thing.
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS
    +1
    We have had almost 4 years of HoPe AnD cHaNgE. and the only HOPE is that things would CHANGE back to the way it was before 0WEbama took office.

Its time to fix the horrible mess that 0WEbama has done to the country DOMESTICALLY and INTERNATIONALLY. We are the laughing stock of the planet right now and have SUCKER plastered on our foreheads.

A successful businessman is EXACTLY what the country needs during the financial disaster we are suffering as a country RIGHT NOW. How many more WASTED BILLIONS will it take?
  • KingdomNow 2012/08/11 21:52:58
    Anybody but Obama is a good thing.
    KingdomNow
    +1
    Obama is a low standard.
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/08/11 20:59:14
    Anybody but Obama is a good thing.
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +3
    Since you have such a limited choice of selections, I will choose this one. Romney was Not my choice for the nominee , but since he all but has it, I will back him 100% Another four years of Odimwit, and this country is finished as we know it. I think that today, Romney proved he really means to try to turn America around! His choice of running mate, the Very conservative Paul Ryan , has given me hope again! And, I can not contemplate not voting at all! To me, that would be like handing the country back to the fool in the white house now on a silver platter! The gentleman in the video makes many excellent points. I agree with him on all of them . I Know we have a long hard road to travel to get our country back to the America we can be proud to claim as ours. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote for Barabbas! Because we can't wait till Jesus comes to begin to fight! And HE would be the Only perfect candidate ! We are going to have to take babysteps until HE comes with HIS mighty sword and makes it all right again!
  • ConLibFraud 2012/08/11 19:40:59
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    It is just as meaningless as "Hope and Change" and look what that got us!!!
  • Red 2012/08/11 18:32:14
  • Azazyel's Dragon 2012/07/18 21:55:36
    Azazyel's Dragon
    In the United States we're all about low standards for our presidential candidates. Now hear me out, people...We expect the candidates to be perfect and pristine for election time and the inauguration, but once they get into office we, as true Americans, rip and bad mouth these newcomers to death. We want to see them fail, so that by election time we can start all over again. God bless America!
  • Tee Massad 2012/07/18 04:18:39
    Tee Massad
    +1
    He will still get my vote and I live in Georgia where there is nothing but people saying the above line "Anybody but Obama" ... I can't stand the racism that has come out since he made office. He got Osama Bin Laden... he gave the green light without warning Pakistan that we were going in to get him... To me that makes him Electable again! Go Obama!
  • Adam Tee Massad 2012/07/18 21:38:55
    Adam
    +2
    I think you are seeing racism where there is none.
  • Tee Massad Adam 2012/07/19 12:43:13
    Tee Massad
    +1
    I hear the racism rants daily... from people coming into shop. Oh its there!
  • Adam Tee Massad 2012/07/19 23:38:07
    Adam
    +3
    The only racism I've seen is liberals who continually call me racist for disagreeing with Obama.
  • Tee Massad Adam 2012/08/04 02:14:27
    Tee Massad
    Take off your blinders then...oh thats right you guys live in denial. Forgot that.
  • Adam Tee Massad 2012/08/04 02:16:07
    Adam
    +2
    It is you guys have the blinders who consistently spew your hypocritical statements that are quite often contradictory to each other. I guess I should expect nothing less from a group who believes in relativism.
  • Tee Massad Adam 2012/08/04 14:48:14
    Tee Massad
    I am not part of some group... I am a hard working single Mom, who has never asked for anything for free. It is my right as an American to vote for who the hell I want without being insulted, and pushed to the side because you may disagree with my choice.
  • Adam Tee Massad 2012/08/04 15:39:14
    Adam
    +2
    Maybe you wouldn't be single if this country still had some values. I'm a single father so I know how that feels. In terms of racism I've seen the left being the most guilty by far.
  • Tee Massad Adam 2012/08/04 15:50:15
    Tee Massad
    I seen it in both sides... this country have become divided, and thats really sad to me. People do not have good morals, most men and women these days just are not committed to marriage... thats why I will stay single the rest of my days. Bunch of sharmutas here in America!
  • Adam Tee Massad 2012/08/04 15:57:41
    Adam
    +2
    It is not sad to me that the country has been divided. If we are to win the battle of morals in this country good and evil must be split and the battle waged.

Revelations 3:16
    So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
  • kneedra... Adam 2012/08/11 19:03:00
    kneedragon76
    +1
    tuche!!!
  • kneedra... Tee Massad 2012/08/11 19:02:28
    kneedragon76
    well there you go guys "single mom" this debate is over... LOL
    Can't keep a man so she depends on the guberment
  • Adam kneedra... 2012/08/12 01:28:25
    Adam
    "single dad" here, about to get off dependence on the government, never should have been dependent on them in the first place.
  • Tee Massad kneedra... 2012/08/13 02:44:22
  • kneedra... Tee Massad 2012/08/11 18:57:47
    kneedragon76
    +1
    Republicans put the first black candidate up Colin Powell. They also had the first black Secratary of state Condi Rice. I would vote for Allen West in a heart beat and had a bumpersticker on my F350 that said Honkeys for Herman. Now call my a racist again skank!
  • kneedra... Tee Massad 2012/08/11 19:00:55
    kneedragon76
    I should remind you TEE - obama isn't black... He's half black and I hate his white side as much as i hate his black side. obamas mom was a whore and his dad well he was an muslime extremist who left little o a bastard.
    white hate black obamas mom whore dad muslime extremist bastard
  • kneedra... Tee Massad 2012/08/11 18:55:14
    kneedragon76
    Tee you do realize obama kept 100% of George Bush's War Cabinet intact. Obama didn't get anyone our Marines did. Furthermore obama balked he didn't even put the trigger general petraes did..
  • ConLibF... kneedra... 2012/08/11 19:38:47
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    And I ask you the same question I asked Tee ...

Please bring forth the evidence they killed binnie last year!!!!!!

No hearsay!!!! Inadmissible!!!!

EVIDENCE!!!!
  • jimmy.g... ConLibF... 2012/08/12 00:50:49
    jimmy.grenier.37
    There is no evidence whatsoever. Ben Laden died a few times since the WTC events... But if you take a good look at "when" he announced the news, we can easily assume that it could have been used as a way to pimp up his election chances.

The facts are: Nobody knows Ben Laden, few people took the time to read the Ben Laden's familly history and its long-term relationship with the US, Few people asked themselves if the "Ben Laden" we saw in multiple movies was really him (just look them back-to-back and tell me what you think), and last: What happened after Ben Laden was "killed"? The war was over? Nah.. instead, they invaded more countries... So how good is the Obama plan to eradicate the "evil terrorists" ?

There's no evidence about how good that war was, or should I say, is. It's more of a spark of a greater "evil" that may "have to be taken care of", again...
  • ConLibF... jimmy.g... 2012/08/12 00:55:48
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Only fools believe they killed binnie last year! They even murdered the seal teams to make sure they were silenced! Stop being so stinking gullible! The binnie hoax kill was a distraction from the fraud laden birth certificate which Ofraud had just produced and the entire world was picking it apart!

And because people have become so dumbed down the distraction worked.

It is disgusting!!!
  • jimmy.g... ConLibF... 2012/08/12 01:56:35
    jimmy.grenier.37
    Gullible? Why would I be? I approve everything you just said... Don't get me wrong; I'm a "fact" guy. If Facebook or Twitter came up with the "No pics? Never happened!" motto, i'd say i'm more of a "No physical, tangible evidence we can examine ourselves? Never happened!" in the real world. And since there's a load of events that happened without any sort of concrete proofs that it really happened, then i'd say i'm a very skeptical guy. Some people can refer to us as "conspiracy fools", i'd reply "You don't need a formal conspiracy when interests converges.".

And I still approve: It IS disgusting.
  • Adam jimmy.g... 2012/08/12 01:59:54
    Adam
    you must be an agnostic.
  • jimmy.g... Adam 2012/08/12 02:20:10
    jimmy.grenier.37
    +1
    I am, and i'm happy that way. I prefer to believe in myself than in any other source of greatness that may exist. I've read many books on religion and life and I admit that I always have problems when it's time to consider myself in a certain group, including religion. The reason is simple: Saying that i'm in a certain group allows a "truth" to be true and by definition, it rejects all kind of oppositions of that truth, which is definitely not me. I'm more of a "middle" guy, trying to understand every aspect of each sides that are open to talk to me and not to indoctrinate me.

I am agnostic and proud to be, because I learn many things that way. I may be wrong, but if that's the case, I'll be proud to be, whatever it will cost me. At least, i'll have standed my ground all along, despite the facts that most of the people who think i'm wrong also think they are right when none of them can be really sure about their saying. Usually, they say "You have to feel it to know.". Then, I call it more "spirituality" instead of whatever else, and Spirituality is all about your inner growth and understanding, connecting with everyone and everything around you on the same basis, regardless of races, colors, beliefs, incomes, sexes, whatever else. Religion sorts them out, I don't. I feel more "human" that way.

Just by curiosity, I assume that you're not an agnostic. So what are your beliefs?
  • Adam jimmy.g... 2012/08/13 00:45:42
    Adam
    Here is the most logical answer to truth. There is only one truth. It is not possible for 2 different things to both be true. Therefore making truth absolute. I am a searcher for truth, therefore I believe in absolutes.

You say you are willing to accept the consequences of your beliefs. Are you really willing to accept it if it means eternal torment.

I am a Christian who adheres to biblical doctrine.
  • jimmy.g... Adam 2012/08/13 02:17:47
    jimmy.grenier.37
    I am. I know what the risks are, but I've learned some things about the bible too, which is why I just don't believe it. here's my personnal opinion on the matter (Please, don't take it too personnal. Those are only MY opinions and I know I may be wrong). I'll make it short and cut some ideas, i'll just focus of a few points:

Being an agnostic, I don't close the door to any kind of God that may exist, but since the past 2 millenia, everything around the Bible is a "mouth to ear", telephone-type of game that went wrong... All wrong since the third century in fact, which is when the Bible was used as a Political document instead of a religious one, to suits Rome's need. They wanted to gather everyone, every group of people, under a single mentality set instead of certain groups, as the Bible focused on, so they would ensure their reign on everyone. It worked actually, by using the Bible's ideas, but explained by the mouth of humans who twisted their senses in and out. They even rejected some of the books of the bible. It went straight from 66 books, 39 when Rome took control if it, wich we call the Old Testament and it got shortened to 27 books, wich is the New Testament... which is the kind of telephone game i've told earlier, 'cuz each books were hand-written by humans, precise...

Being an agnostic, I don't close the door to any kind of God that may exist, but since the past 2 millenia, everything around the Bible is a "mouth to ear", telephone-type of game that went wrong... All wrong since the third century in fact, which is when the Bible was used as a Political document instead of a religious one, to suits Rome's need. They wanted to gather everyone, every group of people, under a single mentality set instead of certain groups, as the Bible focused on, so they would ensure their reign on everyone. It worked actually, by using the Bible's ideas, but explained by the mouth of humans who twisted their senses in and out. They even rejected some of the books of the bible. It went straight from 66 books, 39 when Rome took control if it, wich we call the Old Testament and it got shortened to 27 books, wich is the New Testament... which is the kind of telephone game i've told earlier, 'cuz each books were hand-written by humans, precisely 45 different persons over 16 centuries, and we know nothing about them. We can't simply have faith in humanity of their time instead of humanity now, nothing has substancialy changed: Mens will always do everything that's possible to get what they want, by every means, even re-writting some sacred books a few time during history. Fight or flight, nothing changed.

As for the Truth itself, I know there's one... But I don't pretend to detain it, or have any clue about it. I'll know when the time is right, but until then, nobody can say for sure that they know the truth since nobody can be absolutely sure. Faith by itself isn't a proof, but i'm always curious about their beliefs. But as I said in the earlier post, I know that being in a group, in that case a religious group, cuts off the bridges to other possibilities by making a statement an absolute truth, wich doesn't feel right to me. That being said, I know I will live in doubt for, maybe, the rest of my life... But that's ok with me, since this way, I will keep learning. That's me, a pupil of life, wondering about anything to have a better understanding of what's around me and how to deal with it. And so far, it made me a good person I guess, because nobody has any trouble with me, I keep helping the one in needs, I cherish my close friends and family, I cherish life and its beauty... And I don't even need a religion to appreciate the miracle of life. That's why it's fine with me. ;) I'm more into spirituality instead of religion.

By the way, my comment isn't meant to hurt your beliefs in any way. As I said, those are my beliefs, waiting to be shaken so that I may reconsider them and learn some more. :) I respect your belief and you seem like a good person. I wish you the happiest life that God has to offer to you. Oh, and sorry for my english... I usually speak french, so I may be sloppy sometimes.. ;)
  • Adam jimmy.g... 2012/08/13 20:19:13
    Adam
    +1
    I like to keep things a bit shorter so I am going to address issues by how you split them up

Section 2: Understand that others have a unique perspective as they can clearly see a thinking process in you that you will not see yourself: Your thought process is based on a faulty assumption that humans are responsible for the writings of the bible. While it was physically written with human hands it was definitely the result of divine purpose. This is quite clear when you read the scripture as it is impossible to have such consistency between so many authors most that never met each other. Even a single author who writes his own series isn't this consistent.

Section 3: Don't let the premise that believing in something is going to cut you off from learning the truth, as such a belief will cut you off from learning the truth. Once you have a foundation in truth you cut off the roads to learning what is false. For example: we know that jumping off a building will cause you to fall to a likely death. No sane person will deny this. Knowing this will eliminate the bridge of you jumping off a building on purpose unless you intend to fall to your death. So don't let the fear of believing something as a block from learning the truth, keep you from actually learning truth.

Section 4: ...

Section 4: I'm not easily offended. In fact I live under the understanding that the truth is highly offensive to many and try to consider points of views sufficiently before I throw them in the trash. This is probably why I have at least 3 to 4 atheist and agnostic friends as I don't let their disbelief distract me from being understanding. As a physicist I have had numerous encounters with atheist and agnostics, and in most cases I've managed to find the source of their doubt which has never really been intellectual. What has truly happened is the doubt came first due to an event or group of events and to justify it they formulated a logical purpose for their belief and self deceived themselves to that being the reason of their disbelief rather than the event/events.
  • jimmy.g... Adam 2012/08/14 01:12:17
    jimmy.grenier.37
    +1
    I love your reply! :) Now, if you allow me:

1- My problem isn't all about the fact that human wrote the book, it's actually the "divine purpose" that bugs me... And to complement that point, i'll continue with your consistency theory (or fact, as you wish). If we refer to ancient egypt relics, scriptures and books (actually stone tablets and all...), the whole catholic thing is written right there... So being consistent isn't hard when everyone write their views on the same subjects.

2- I love your point, but I don't like your metaphor. you can't compare believing in the bible as believing that you'll die jumpin' off a building. In this case, the building would have to be soooo tall that you couldn't see the botom and some kind of "trustable" group of guy comes in and says "Hey! Don't worry! There's something down there that will spare your life! Trust us!". That would be more suitable, and in that very case, I wouldn't jump...

3- Nothing to say about that one, I'm in the same position and i'm comfortable with that. In fact, they helped me comprehend more about myself than myself actually.

Don't mind me, i'm a "fact" guy, and therefore, i'm cursed into doubts... Studying the origins of humanity is one of the most interesting subject I had to learn, but i'm far from finished; most ...

Don't mind me, i'm a "fact" guy, and therefore, i'm cursed into doubts... Studying the origins of humanity is one of the most interesting subject I had to learn, but i'm far from finished; most works on that subjects are all on the same basis, the same evidences... but not in the same stories.. It's all puzzled up but the artifacts and sites are real. And that's one of the thing that keeps me away from religion: The fact that humanity's birth has nothing to do with any religions on earth: they existed way before any religions were written. That may not proove the God story to be wrong, but it can certainly explain where the Bible has got its inspirations.

... but I really loved your comment. You seem like a kind and intelligent person and I respect that. :)
  • Adam jimmy.g... 2012/08/14 02:02:25
    Adam
    +1
    Thanks,

The Metaphor: Wasn't intended as a comparison with my beliefs but as a comparison of when truth is absolutely concretely known.

Religions after the birth of humanity; I used to believe in the 4.5 billion year old earth. In fact I believed it to be true all the way up until I was 26 years old. I was hardly taught in my faith that it wasn't and many times was taught that it was 4.5 billion years old and was always taught it was 4.5 billion years old in all of school. In fact my Dad in which I had been instilled with Christianity from believes the earth is 4.5 billion years old and I can't seem to convince him otherwise. As a physicist though I am very logic brain oriented and I have went into deep search on much information for or against. At some point I had finally come to the conclusion that the earth is not likely to be 4.5 billion years old and is actually within the range of age listed chronologically in the bible and have moved away from the listed units of days possibly being million or billions of years in Genesis. Therefore I don't really buy into the all religious faiths were birthed after humanity, and that the one true one was birthed upon our creation with Adam and first written with Moses.

An interesting thing I have found with about 95% of people I de...

Thanks,

An interesting thing I have found with about 95% of people I debate with. Their mind is made up before the argument starts and nothing will change it. What I have demonstrated here already is that mine changes when I feel I am faced with the truth that contradicts what I believe. So I am objective enough to observe this. I can honestly say that in the last 5 years I have drastically changed my views on my outlook of the world.

I probably seem like a shocker to most people being a physicist who moved in the opposite direction expected of such a field. I know I shocked my agnostic brother, who I know went into God hating mode when a close friend of his committed suicide. One of the many examples of atheist/agnostics that went this direction due to an event in their life.

The odd thing I have found is that many really smart atheist can make great logical arguments for their position but I always eventually make it to the essence why they believe such when confront the issue and it always has some emotional attachment. And from the number of atheists I have ran into that were converted to Christianity it was rare that there was a logical argument that was made that led them to this answer. I can make extremely good logical arguments for the existence of God but actually seems to be best only for those who are struggling with what they perceive to be contradictory to what they believe.

The rare popular cases that converted from Atheism to Christianity from a logical basis were people who were searching for answers and open to accepted them whether they contradicted what they believed or not. Being, like what I have pointed out in debates, this is a rare occurrence. So most of the time conversion has to come before the logic.
  • jimmy.g... Adam 2012/08/14 02:42:41
    jimmy.grenier.37
    +1
    Well, I guess you are right, but i'm still doubting a few points. I'll maybe have to work them out. I won't continue this debate, but you helped me there. :) That's why I love those debates; Maybe it seems to you that i'm emotionally attached to my struggle of being an agnostic, but it's not the case. I'm a pupil, I defend my points like you just did until someone comes up with an interesting perspective on whatever subject we debate... like you just did. :) But having faith in a "divine purpose" or simply in a religion is, to me, somewhat difficult.. Maybe time will make me understand what it's all about, but until then, I'll keep asking questions and seeks answers.

But I want to thank you for taking the time to debate with me. :)

By the way, if we look at it closely: From your perspective, a "smart atheist" is kind of hard to find, no? I mean, someone who defy the existence of God is, right off the bat, in conflict with your views on that matter. So, saying that it's smart isn't appropriate for you, as for the rest of the debate, my guess would be that you'd do the same as you just did up there, leaning on your own experiences to explain what is right... which is, for the atheists, nothing like a proof of why you are right. But since i'm agnostic, I can assume that I may be wrong and that you may be right. Time will tell me. But keep an eye on that point, that may change the tide of your next debates. ;)

Peace! :)
  • Adam jimmy.g... 2012/08/14 12:40:55
    Adam
    +1
    Thanks for debating. I'll leave out on one small comment

Smart atheist: I recognize that many people make decisions on their beliefs not based on their intelligence but on how they feel. Therefore I accept that it is quite often possible to have smart atheist.

2014/04/19 02:16:33