WHY WAS MICHELLE OBAMA'S LAW LICENSE REVOKED?

Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2009/11/03 01:13:23
Why Was Michelle Obama's law licensce suspened?
First off, the biggest a$$-kissing media refers to Michelle Obama as a 'distinguished attorney" despite the fact that Michelle Obama has been"inactive" since 1993.

ARDC - Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois !

Everyday another Obama skeleton comes careening out of the closet.

This ADRC is for discipline reasons...not for those volunteering to stop practicing. It is COURT ORDERED...not "Michelle Obama ordered." Their website is very clear about their function and why they step in. (see below)

If this was a Republican, the Democrooks would have her up on charges already.

Schmoo, an attorney, points out, "sounds more to me like she was drummed right out of the practice of law. I am just dying to know what she did... she ran to have a court ordered inactive status done...and then no malpractice report needed to be provided.

She wanted this to 'go away" fast and furious and the details not come out in depositions, courtroom documents, rulings for the client/plaintiffs...etc..

I would love to know what she did. I believe barack obummer himself was also disciplined--I know his law license is on "inactive" he lied about ever going by any other names when he applied for bar application. He also failed to state any prior drug use...(which he admitted in his books...and he had outstanding tickets that were never paid)."

Michelle Obama on court ordered inactive status with the Illinois State Attorney hat tip schmoopett

huh?

Michelle Obama is on COURT ORDERED INACTIVE STATUS--order said since she has been placed INACTIVE that "no malpractice record required."

WHAT DID SHE DO THAT in 1993 -- AFTER only 4 YEARS -- HER LICENSE to PRACTICE LAW WAS REVIEWED AND PUT ON INACTIVE by a DISCIPLINARY AGENCY?

What Is the ARDC? (this is NOT the Illinois Bar-where one can voluntarily be inactive) As our name implies, the ARDC is the agency of the Supreme Court of Illinois which registers attorneys and investigates complaints of misconduct filed against attorneys holding a license to practice law in Illinois.

Our principal purpose is to assist the Supreme Court to determine a lawyer's fitness to practice law in Illinois. If a complaint is made that an attorney, licensed to practice law in Illinois, has engaged in illegal, unethical or dishonest conduct, we will investigate and, if warranted, bring formal disciplinary charges. The Supreme Court of Illinois will then ultimately decide if a lawyer should be censured (publicly rebuked), suspended (having the law license to practice either taken away for a certain period of time or placed on a probationary period) or disbarred (having the law license taken away indefinitely).

We cannot impose fines, imprison, obtain monetary damages, enforce remedies between the lawyer and client, or seek civil or criminal relief against a lawyer as part of the disciplinary process. We can affect only the lawyer's ability to practice law in Illinois.

We are not funded by taxpayers' money. We are funded entirely by the annual registration fees paid by attorneys authorized to practice law in Illinois.

What Is a Request for an Investigation of an Attorney?

It is a request to us that we look into the conduct of an attorney who you believe has acted improperly. We will review your request to determine if an investigation is warranted. In most cases, we will initiate an investigation where the information you provide us suggests that the attorney engaged in illegal, dishonest or unethical conduct. Filing a request accusing an attorney of unethical conduct is a serious matter to the lawyer. We recommend that, whenever practical, you try to resolve any differences or disputes that do not concern claims of unethical conduct directly with the lawyer.

How Do I Request an Investigation of an Attorney?

By mailing to our office, either in Chicago or Springfield, a request that you want an attorney to be investigated by our office. Your request should be in writing. No special form is necessary. For your convenience, you may download a Request for Investigation form. Please return the Request by postal mail or hand-delivery. The ARDC does not accept an e-mail transmission of a Request for Investigation.

UPDATE: Scmoo the attorney adds:

..as an attorney I am telling you that people can "choose" to not pay their registration fees or take their continuing education of the bar and therefore go on "suspension...or inactive status that goes thru the CAL BAR--the California Bar association

UPDATE: What was little Michelle from the Southside of Chicago doing in 1993?

1993: Public Allies Chicago with 30 Allies is launched by founding Executive Director Michelle Obama. President Clinton names Public Allies a model for national service. First Lady Hilary Clinton hosts Rose Garden reception for Public Allies at the White House. Say what? Michelle and Hillary go back that far?

Shmoo finds more:

In 1992 Michelle Obama left her job at Sidley Austin to launch a career in public service, serving as an assistant to Mayor Daley and then as the assistant commissioner of planning and development for the City of Chicago. (ask yourself how did a 2-3 year attorney...just wound up being Mayor Daleys "assistant" just like that...and what did she do as an "assistant" what does that even mean when you are a harvard trained attorney?)

Too close for comfort. Coincidental?

Bernardine Dohrn, Bill Ayers wife was at Sidley Austin--- a law firm in Chicago from From 1984 to 1988. Dohrn was employed by the law firm Sidley Austin although her criminal record has prevented her from being admitted to either the New York or Illinois bar.

• LCJMI 2012/06/27 22:03:19
    LCJMI
    +5
    Urban Legend "Analysis: It's true that neither Barack nor Michelle Obama has an active law license authorizing them to practice law in the state of Illinois.

The Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (www.iardc.org) lists President Obama's registration status as "Voluntarily retired." It lists Michelle Obama's status as "Voluntarily inactive."

However, it's not true that either of them surrendered their law license to avoid disciplinary action or criminal prosecution. Nor is it true, contrary to what has been claimed on literally thousands of anti-Obama blogs and websites, that the Obamas were "disbarred" or had their law licenses "revoked."

Neither the Illinois State Bar Association nor the ARDC lists any accusations of misconduct or disciplinary actions against the Obamas. According to a statement quoted by FactCheck.org, ARDC deputy administrator and chief counsel James Grogan says the Obamas were "never the subject of any public disciplinary proceedings."

Quite to the contrary, a notice on the website of the Illinois State Bar states that the Association is "proud" to have Barack and Michelle Obama as honorary members."

• Timothy Deets 2012/11/04 02:19:34
    Timothy Deets
    +4
    I am an attorney in Illinois and whoever wrote this article is an absolute moron. The author writes this nonsense: "What Is the ARDC? (this is NOT the Illinois Bar-where one can voluntarily be inactive) As our name implies, the ARDC is the agency of the Supreme Court of Illinois which registers attorneys and investigates complaints of misconduct filed against attorneys holding a license to practice law in Illinois."

Okay, dear moron, let me enlighten you a bit on how this works in Illinois. There is this thing called the Illinois State Bar Association ("ISBA") in Illinois. I am guessing this is what you are referring to when you refer to the "Illinois Bar." Illinois attorneys do NOT have to be members of the ISBA. One can be a member of this bar or not be a member of it, but one would not be "voluntarily inactive" from it. Ones joins the ISBA for membership benefits - it has NOTHING to do with whether one can practice law or not. Attorneys in Illinois, however, do have to register with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission ("IARDC") every year, and yes, guess what? Yeah, there is an option for going on "inactive status" and there is an option for going on "retired status." Why would one opt to go on "inactive status" or "retired status"? Gee...

Okay, dear moron, let me enlighten you a bit on how this works in Illinois. There is this thing called the Illinois State Bar Association ("ISBA") in Illinois. I am guessing this is what you are referring to when you refer to the "Illinois Bar." Illinois attorneys do NOT have to be members of the ISBA. One can be a member of this bar or not be a member of it, but one would not be "voluntarily inactive" from it. Ones joins the ISBA for membership benefits - it has NOTHING to do with whether one can practice law or not. Attorneys in Illinois, however, do have to register with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission ("IARDC") every year, and yes, guess what? Yeah, there is an option for going on "inactive status" and there is an option for going on "retired status." Why would one opt to go on "inactive status" or "retired status"? Geez, I wonder why. Well, actually, I don't wonder why as it is not rocket science and anyone with half a brain (so, not applicable to the author of this moronic article) would be able to figure out - money! Let's see, I am supposed to pay about $300 this year (and that amount gets higher the longer one has practiced), but if I were to go on inactive status I would only have to pay $105 and if I were go to on retired status I would not have to pay anything. Then, there is the whole cost of continuing legal education that I would not have to worry about if I was on inactive or retired status.

I mean, if you don't like the Obamas, that's fine, but don't post such absolute and utter nonsense. Anyhow, hopefully you'll get sued for defamation.
  • lkreu Timothy... 2012/11/05 13:58:53
    lkreu
    That's how they survive on Fear - Faux News is always trying to scare anyone who watches it - they don't if its true or not.
  • lyles.alexander 2012/07/20 14:11:01
    lyles.alexander
    +4
    My question is (maybe it was already answered and I missed it) - why would Michelle who went through Harvard to become a lawyer choose not to be a lawyer. I think there is a story here of which we may never know the truth.
  • Timothy... lyles.a... 2012/11/04 01:47:19
    Timothy Deets
    +1
    Many attorneys opt not to practice law because the legal market has been flooded for years. Furthrmore, many attorneys who go into politics opt not to keep their law license active - it can be expensive to keep your law license active, but it is fairly cheap if you go on inactive status. I'm sure the Obamas can afford to keep their law licenses active, but there is another cost - continuing legal education ("CLE") - that not only has a financial cost, it has a time cost - I hardly think the Obamas have time to waste on CLE while Barack Obama is President of the US. I am an attorney in Illinois and the claims regarding the Obamas' law licenses being revoked (and the term would actually be "disbarred") are, well, sheer nonsense - you people need to get a life. If you don't like the President, that's one thing, but stop with this nonsense - hopefully you get sued for defamation as you should.
  • LCJMI 2012/06/27 22:03:19
    LCJMI
    +5

• BMiller LCJMI 2012/07/12 20:46:32
    BMiller
    +1
    Unless the news is publishing lie after lie about them to harm their reputations, Google showed Obama lost his license or practice law when he falsified his application to the Bar, when called on it by the Bar he was refused his license because he lied on his application where it asks are you or have you been used or been known by any other name, he answered NO; we now know he has used many other names.
    Michelle was according to the sites on google that Michelle when working for the Mayors office committed an impropriety and was given a choice to no longer practice law in order to keep it quiet.
    We all are gettting our news by journalists who either print the truth or their version of it; my remarks are from those means. You or another view can be argued to be true my be of a kind or not, unless we were there we really don't know or have an original view. The comment they were not publicly disciplined says it all. They were given a ultimatum..
    Any argument is only enlightening if it falls on those seeking what they say, if looking for such information, only time will tell; the truths and or lies will be known to us all as they are not thru with Obama and his past. Good bye now.
  • June Gayle BMiller 2012/10/14 05:23:23
    June Gayle
    +1
    Thank you. I believe you have the most concise answer so far! I think I read it had something to do with committing fraud and Michelle Obama had the choice of either serving time in prison or giving up her license to practice law. She chose the latter. (I read this in a different news article). Thank you for also noting why BO lost his license. He knew darn well of his different aliases and false Social Security Number(s).
  • Timothy... June Gayle 2012/11/04 01:48:44
    Timothy Deets
    +3
    Absolute nonsense by the way - you might want to check out the IARDC's web site and/or contact to verify the untruths in your post. Hopefully the Obamas just sue you for defamation when they are out of office.
  • GB LCJMI 2012/12/11 20:55:26
    GB
    +9
    After reading all the comments & replies, I have come up with an outstanding idea to clear the mystery surounding both Michelle and her husband... The Supreme Court needs to order both of their records unsealed! In what bizarre universe do the American people elect someone who they know literally nothing about? Someone who purposely has their records sealed? Who goes from a basic nobody to Senator to President of the United States in 7 years? To the gentleman who keeps announcing he is an attorney in Illinois- kudos to you! Defend Obama and his wife until you are blue in the face. People do not have their records sealed, their past conviently tucked away, UNLESS THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE!
  • BMiller 2012/05/24 20:02:16
    BMiller
    +4
    "Birds of a Feather" both Barack and Michelle both lost their licenses for misconduct, real model citizens. We have made the running for public service such a grilling that those upright and loyal citizens are not interested in allowing some mealymouth punk bad mouth them or their spouses without cause getting their loved ones made light of for sport. We owe it to our neighbors to access the very best of us protecting the weak and providing opportunity to the needy. Welfare is getting for nothing, Aid is a hand up. Look at the candidates and what really their potentials are before voting. Dig deeper than the cover of his books....Oblunder has been such a disappointment, try not to make that mistake again. Since when has Communism been our form of government and what we intended for our childrens children?How did he get 61Million votes????Don't repeat this error again.
  • lkreu BMiller 2012/05/30 15:35:46
    lkreu
    go back to Faux news please. Please post every thing they did so we can see it for ourselves. Its so easy to accuse someone without facts. So, lets see the facts. And please explain the communism to us. I don't see it. You sound like a racist to me.
  • lkreu BMiller 2012/07/11 16:58:06
    lkreu
    I think you need to do some research...
  • Timothy... BMiller 2012/11/04 01:49:30
    Timothy Deets
    +1
    Absolute nonsense by the way - you might want to check out the IARDC's web site and/or contact to verify the untruths in your post. Hopefully the Obamas just sue you for defamation when they are out of office. I'm an attorney in Illinois by the way.
  • April 2012/04/08 17:34:07
    April
    +2
    Only a fool thinks the spouse has no influence over the person s/he is married to.
  • lkreu 2012/04/04 14:39:04
    lkreu
    +3
    Stop trying to be factual with these Teapublicans they are racist and biased.Thanks for your honesty in this matter
  • cmblake6 2012/02/29 15:42:47
    cmblake6
    +1
    Pretty suspicious huh? These things are scum, pure and simple.
  • Brutus Bear Chor 2011/06/28 00:24:17
    Brutus Bear Chor
    +4
    The sky is blue! NO! The sky is white! No! The sky is blue! NO! The sky is white! No! The sky is blue! NO! The sky is white! OK! The sky is white! No. The sky is blue.
  • Diane 2009/12/01 15:52:10
    Diane
    +1
    Michelle Obama voluntarily changed her status to inactive. Prior to 2000, attorneys who wanted to become inactive had to seek the permission of the IL Supreme Court, and that's the court order being referred to. Since 2000, no such court order is necessary, but prior to 2000 it was. And if there were any sort of disciplinary action taken against her it would be listed on that page.
  • Allbiz ... Diane 2009/12/01 16:32:05
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +2
    You obviously did not read the post. You are correct that Michelle's licensewas changed to inactive by the IL Supreme Court. What you fail to acknowledge, however, is that it was changed to that status by the ARDC, the discplinary action branch of the court.

The ARDC specifically states that it only handles discplinary actions and not the normal inactive requests that would be done through the court.

BTW, a lawyer in IL is automatically put on inactive status just by not paying the annual license fee. No request is really needed. There are also excetpions provided to retired lawyers who wish to continue to practice but are not rquired to retain a license once they reach age 65.
  • Diane Allbiz ... 2009/12/02 05:50:19
    Diane
    +1
    Maybe you didn't read my post.

Before 2000 it was necessary to get a court order to become inactive.

Michelle Obama was licensed to practice law in 1989 by the State of Illinois Supreme Court. In 1993, she became voluntarily inactive.

Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law – Last Registered Year: 1993

There were no disciplinary proceedings against her license of any kind:

Public Record of Discipline and Pending Proceedings: None

In 1999, there was a procedural change not relevant to someone having already been voluntarily inactive since 1993:

CHANGING FROM RULE 770 INACTIVE STATUS
    Prior to November 1, 1999, former Supreme Court Rule 770 provided for a proceeding in the Court for any voluntary transfer to inactive status, whether because of some incapacitating condition or solely as a matter of the lawyer’s preference because the lawyer would not be practicing law.

http://obamatrueandfalse.com/...
  • Allbiz ... Diane 2009/12/02 15:56:14
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    You need to look at Rule 771 and see why it was mysteriuously deleted.
  • Diane Allbiz ... 2009/12/02 18:16:12
    Diane
    +1
    I looked at Rule 770 and Rule 771 and saw nothing about inactive status.
  • Timothy... Allbiz ... 2012/11/04 01:54:13
    Timothy Deets
    +3
    You are obviously a moron. I'm an attorney in Illinois by the way. Attorneys always register with the IARDC - not with the IL Supreme Court directly. I received my Registration form from the IARDC today. Guess what? Yeah, on page 2 it clearly has a section for Change of Registration Status. If I want to change to "inactive status," then I only have to pay $105 (rather than the much higher fee that I'd have to pay if I stay active - and this fee goes up the more years one has practiced law). You might want to get your facts straight next time.
  • Allbiz ... Timothy... 2012/11/04 16:42:09 (edited)
  • Pegasis 2009/11/03 02:27:19
    Pegasis
    +2
    Generally I dislike gossip. But this....gosh, I want to know more!
  • Allbiz ... Pegasis 2009/11/03 02:31:04
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +2
    So do a lot of others. But all the records seem to have disappeared except for the one that is in my blog picture above. I think you can enlarge it.
  • GreatLakes 2009/11/03 02:02:17
    GreatLakes
    +2
    HAHA Figures!!!
  • Timothy... GreatLakes 2012/11/04 02:01:23
    Timothy Deets
    +1
    "Ha ha Figures" EXCEPT that is is sheer nonsense. You might want to actually check with an Illinois attorney (I am one) regarding this rather than relying on a bogus web site or bs articles. Absolute and utter nonsense.
  • GreatLakes Timothy... 2012/11/23 21:38:20
    GreatLakes
    +1
    She is utter nonsense. I don't need a law degree to see that.
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2009/11/03 02:01:21
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +4
    Good post! Nothing surprises me where the Obamas are concerned. Looks like they were both members of the Chicago Daley's Club of Corrupt Politics. post surprises obamas concerned members chicago daleys club corrupt politics
    +2
    THANKS For posting this .. a very INTERESTING READ!
  • kevracer 2009/11/03 01:26:08 (edited)
    kevracer
    +2
    Michelle Obama has a "court ordered" inactive law license

Who cares? She was not elected and holds no official government position
  • Diane kevracer 2009/12/01 15:52:58
    Diane
    +2
  • kevracer Diane 2009/12/01 16:19:55
    kevracer
    +1
    thanks for the info
  • Allbiz ... kevracer 2009/12/01 16:33:12
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA

BTW, a lawyer in IL is automatically put on inactive status just by not paying the annual license fee. No request is really needed. There are also excetpions provided to retired lawyers who wish to continue to practice but are not rquired to retain a license once they reach age 65
  • Diane Allbiz ... 2009/12/02 05:51:32
    Diane
    The rule was changed in 1999.
  • Allbiz ... Diane 2009/12/02 15:57:55
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    Since you have provided no sources for the info you are dissemination, I see no substance in your debate.
  • Diane Allbiz ... 2009/12/02 18:19:07
    Diane
    http://obamatrueandfalse.com/...

http://www.iardc.org/ldetail....

Public Record of Discipline
    and Pending Proceedings: None
  • Allbiz ... Diane 2009/12/02 19:23:26
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +1
    In your haste to defend MO, you just don't want to accept that you don't know what you are reading. Obamatrue and flase is not exactly a reliable source.

I have more important things to do today than worry about MO's law license that she'll never have to use again in this life.

Come back on a day I'm not busy.
  • Diane Allbiz ... 2009/12/02 21:58:25 (edited)
    Diane
    +1
    I haven't seen any reputable sources from your side.

This is from a very conservative website, World Net Daily:

In 1993, the same year she began working for Public Allies, she applied to change her Illinois registration status for practicing law – only four years after she received her license. It is now listed as "inactive."

James Grogan, deputy administrator and chief counsel for the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois, or ARDC, has been with the commission for 30 years. He told WND that on July 1, 1994, the Illinois Supreme Court entered an order allowing Michelle to be transferred to inactive status pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court rule 770.

The ARDC website explains, "Prior to November 1, 1999, former Supreme Court Rule 770 provided for a proceeding in the Court for any voluntary transfer to inactive status, whether because of some incapacitating condition or solely as a matter of the lawyer's preference because the lawyer would not be practicing law."

Grogan explained, "At the time, the only way to go on inactive status was to do what she did – which was to file a petition in the Illinois Supreme Court."

He said attorneys often filed a petition for 770 when they wanted to pursue other careers, retire or begin r...

He said attorneys often filed a petition for 770 when they wanted to pursue other careers, retire or begin raising a family.

"At the time, this happened all the time," he said. "Our office would have to file what's known as a consent."

Grogan said his office would have immediately alerted the court in a public filing if there had been reason to believe she should face disciplinary action.

"We filed a consent in Michelle Obama's case in which we had no objection to her transferring to inactive status," he said. "In the event that she did go on inactive status and she engaged in any disbarrable offenses, there would be a disciplinary case of public record."

He continued, "Just because someone goes on inactive it doesn't deprive us of the jurisdiction to prosecute."

Inundated by numerous 770 filings that each required a separate court ruling, the Illinois Supreme Court later simplified the inactivation process. In 2005, after Barack Obama was elected to the U.S. Senate, he changed his status to inactive as well.

"By 2005, which is several years later than his wife, the rule had changed such that you no longer had to file a petition that was such a pain for the court," Grogan explained. "Instead, the court had changed it to two types of status: inactive or retired. Either situation involves merely sending a letter to us basically saying, 'I want to transfer to inactive status.'"

Active lawyers are required to pay $289 each year and take 30 hours of Continuing Legal Education, or CLE, every two years. Under inactive status, attorneys are not required to take the courses, but they must pay $105 each year. "Inactive" registrants are not authorized to practice law. Lawyers who retire do not have to pay fees or take courses.

"A lot of people who aren't practicing say, 'Why bother?'" Grogan said.

Barack Obama remained listed as inactive until he retired this year.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=10...

2014/08/27 19:16:13