Why was Gerald Walpin fired as Inspector General?

CommonSense 2009/06/17 02:12:25
Because B.O. is corrupt beyond comprehension.
Because Kevin Johnson is just to important to our republic.
Gerald Walpin was removed by President Obama last week as the inspector general for AmeriCorps and other service programs. His decision followed Walpin's investigation into the alleged misuse of federal grants by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a former NBA star and an Obama supporter, and the nonprofit education group he headed.

After all, it was none other than B.O. who, as a Senator, determined that there should be new rules for firing an I.G. namely, that they should have 30 days notice, and that they must receive a clear reason for their dismissal. Because, as we all know, the I.G. does not work for an administration, it works for the people of the United States, to root out corruption.

It looks like the Obama corruption has won this round...
How are you libs feeling about your "transparency" now that you realize that there never was any..

• Athlete 2009/06/17 08:27:43
    Athlete
    +7
    He was hired by George Bush and its sad when someone is doing their job and exposes missappropriations and gets fired for outing a good friend and supporter of Obamas.

• pumpkin 2009/09/20 20:11:51
    pumpkin
    Hope he fights this in the courts as to why he was fined when he found illegal things going on.
  • jellyfish 2009/07/14 19:13:07
    jellyfish
    +1
    Crooks don't like getting caught. So what happens, get rid of the person who can bring them down. Another shady move by the BO administration.
  • kmay 2009/06/18 20:31:15
    kmay
  • Andy Devine 2009/06/18 19:21:05
    Andy Devine
    +1
    Acting International Trade Commission IG Judith Gwynne is also getting canned, after having presumably incriminating documents taken from her by force. Neil Barofsky, tasked with watching over the financial stimulus spending, may also have his head served on the Obama chopping block. Do you see a pattern, no longer just a single issue? IGs work independently to protect taxpayers from corruption and abuse from its own government agencies. Chicago style politics and using AmeriCorps as a reward system for their cronies for the kind of “community organizing” that put Obama in the White House does not work well when scrutinized.
  • madjack 2009/06/17 17:18:30
    madjack
    +2
    He lost his job because he did his job.Machine politics needs the trappings,it doesn't need performance.Especially by an Inspector General .
  • Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2009/06/17 14:26:47
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +2
    This does smell very fishy. Why isn't the media looking into this more?
  • marvthe... Marlow ... 2009/06/18 02:51:35 (edited)
    marvthemartian
    +2
    Because It's a 'good ol boy' Lefty thing, Is the MSM corrupt also?
  • Marlow ... marvthe... 2009/06/18 02:52:30
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    +2
    You're right.
  • OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeles... 2009/06/17 11:54:19
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +3
    What is sad- it was reported the White House called Walpin- and told him he had ONE Hour to resign or he would be fired.
    45 minutes later they called him back- he told them NO he was not resigning- he got fired. Oh the CHICAGO THUDS are AT WORK.
  • TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I ... 2009/06/17 11:46:15
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    +5
    Walpin was fired for doing his job, which was investigating corruption taking place in Americorp. Obama is protecting his own.
  • Athlete 2009/06/17 08:27:43
    Athlete
    +7
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2009/06/17 06:33:57
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +3
    I was wondering why I have not heard much about this in the media. Nothing negative about Obama or Acorn ever seems to get air time in the MSM. I guess we can start calling the mainstream media the "State Media"
  • marvthe... Christi... 2009/06/18 02:54:22
    marvthemartian
    +2
    Especially ABC because they are now broadcasting from the White House.
  • RightMind 2009/06/17 04:08:37
    RightMind
    +4
    Yeah and look at the caliber of Attorney General we have! This is out of control and where is anyone who will stand up in government right now?!?!
  • JO4USA 2009/06/17 03:29:30
    JO4USA
    +3
    Because he confronted the whole bucket of worms knowing it would be best to open it, turn it upside down and compost all the shit.
    corrupt comprehension confronted bucket worms open turn upside compost shit
  • lady bear 2009/06/17 02:59:09
    lady bear
    +5
    Another one falls at the hands of the community organizer. Once again Oblabla shows don't cross him or you'll lose your job, your freedom or whatever means anything to you. I am completely disgusted. Transparency is only there if it is to destroy anyone who doesn't agree with the great one.
  • CommonS... lady bear 2009/06/17 03:02:24
    CommonSense
    +4
    It is truly frightening, lady bear! The spending, the government take-over of private industry, the people in positions they have no qualifications for, and think, we're just starting with this "nationalized health care" crap!
  • lady bear CommonS... 2009/06/17 03:04:46
    lady bear
    +4
    Did you see the blog Dico did about ABC giving Oblabla the network for promoting his health care on the 24th? I can't stand it anymore. I have written 2 letters to ABC. the 2nd in response to the garbage they sent as a reply. They sent the exact crap letter back after the 2nd. I'm off to finish hitting their sponsors now.
  • marvthe... lady bear 2009/06/18 02:58:25
    marvthemartian
    +1
    Good work, Patriot.
  • CommonS... lady bear 2009/06/18 03:56:25
    CommonSense
    lady bear - I'd love it if you'd post that response you received!
  • lady bear CommonS... 2009/06/18 21:16:17
    lady bear
    +1
    Here goes dear:

Thank you for your feedback and questions regarding the ABC News Special, “Questions for the President: Prescription for America” which will air on the ABC TV network on June 24, 2009 at
    10 PM ET.

For more information you can use the links below or:

Go to ABCNews.com
    Go to the top and click on POLITICS
    Go down the screen to “Top Stories”
    Click on “ABC News Responds to RNC Letter”

“ABC Responds to RNC Letter”
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/then...

ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: With the Republican National Committee complaining to ABC News about plans to broadcast a health care “conversation” from the White House next week, ABC today has responded to the complaint.

The letter -- to RNC Chief of Staff Ken McKay, from ABC News Senior Vice President Kerry Smith -- points out that ABC “will have complete editorial control” over the broadcasts, and says that “no one watching, listening to, or reading ABC News will lack for an understanding of all sides of these important questions.” Read the full response HERE.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/pres...

Note: The Company’s long-established policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries. Therefore, in the event that you have submitted s...

Here goes dear:

10 PM ET.

Go to ABCNews.com
    Go to the top and click on POLITICS
    Go down the screen to “Top Stories”

“ABC Responds to RNC Letter”
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/then...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/pres...

Note: The Company’s long-established policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries. Therefore, in the event that you have submitted such content, please be advised that the submission has been forwarded to the Company’s legal department for handling.

This email has been sent to you from an outbound email account that will not accept inbound mail. Therefore, please do not respond to this email
  • JO4USA lady bear 2009/06/17 03:24:10
    JO4USA
    +4
    1,000 raves for you.
  • lady bear JO4USA 2009/06/17 05:41:11
    lady bear
    +2
    Thank you.
  • *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP 2009/06/17 02:40:44
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +5
    This is what democrats do. They always ignore the laws that we are forced to follow, and play politics with the welfare of this great nation.

ChiTcago's liberal politicians all would have done the same thing. Such is the thug politics of a ChiTcago politician.
  • Poetic Warrior 2009/06/17 02:33:55
    Poetic Warrior
    +5
    He never gave a reason from what I heard. I saw this guy on Glen Beck yesterday and he said he did not even know why the President fired him.
  • CommonS... Poetic ... 2009/06/17 02:41:10
    CommonSense
    +4
    That's true. I saw him being interviewed this morning, and he stated that the only thing they told him (by phone) was that if he didn't resign in one hour, he would be fired. No reason given..
  • Poetic ... CommonS... 2009/06/17 02:43:09
    Poetic Warrior
    +4
    That is also what I heard on the Beck show. This is not good for our government to be firing those who are supposed to hold them accountable.
  • CommonS... Poetic ... 2009/06/17 02:53:01
    CommonSense
    +4
    It's beyond "not good". The really sick thing is that this happened a week ago, and we're just hearing about it now. As American's we should be completely outraged. This administration has broken so many laws already, he should be impeached!

Remember, our Constitution was written to limit the powers of government, not the liberties of citizens!
  • Poetic ... CommonS... 2009/06/17 03:08:18
    Poetic Warrior
    +2
    Agreed, but it seems that so many people have become apathetic and say what can they do since no one in leadership listens to our voices.
  • Wanda5245 - Citizen Activis... 2009/06/17 02:23:04
    Wanda5245 - Citizen Activist Who Wants Spunkysmum Back On SH
    +5
    Because Obama is not only corrupt; but he is a hypocrite as well. He is in violation of the very law that he co-sponsored to put the Inspector Generals outside of politics; and yet as soon as it impacts one of his supporters, wham he forgets all about that and fires the guy. co-sponsored inspector generals politics impacts supporters wham forgets fires guy
  • kahless 2009/06/17 02:21:24
    kahless
    +5
    This is what barry will do to all who try to speak against him. That is why he and Pilosi will try and ram through the "fairrness doctrine" this keeps opposing voices from speaking out against his "transparent" corruption.
  • Forum Cruiser 2009/06/17 02:18:13
    Forum Cruiser
    +5
    Corrupt and getting away with it.
  • CommonS... Forum C... 2009/06/17 02:20:46
    CommonSense
    +2
    How are you forum? I've missed you & all my sodafriends! This is my first time back on since March!
  • Forum C... CommonS... 2009/06/17 02:23:00
    Forum Cruiser
    +2
    I wondered why I had not seen you around. Welcome back.

Usually things are going great in my life but right now I am not doing that good as my latest blog indicates. My home was robbed yesterday.
  • CommonS... Forum C... 2009/06/17 02:36:34
    CommonSense
    +2
    I'm so sorry to hear that! You & your family are okay though, right? No one was hurt?
    I'm afraid to say that I believe we will see an astronomical increase in crime with what's going on in our country. Soon, even good people may have to "beg, borrow & steal" just to afford to heat their homes.
  • Forum C... CommonS... 2009/06/17 02:52:57
    Forum Cruiser
    +2
    It was a breakin while we were away. I am okay financially but I lost a lot and it is difficult to get over right now.

SH is a neat outlet. I posted a blog about it and it is helping. There are also a lot of funny blogs and forums around here to keep my mind occupied.
  • CommonS... Forum C... 2009/06/17 02:55:39
    CommonSense
    +2
    I understand - I've had my house robbed before, and it's amazing the amount of emotional damage it does. But your family is okay, and that truly is the most important thing!
  • Christi... Forum C... 2009/06/17 06:39:31
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    I am sorry to hear about your break in. I hope you did not lose anything too sentimental. I also hope they did not vandalize. There is a lot of that going on nowdays.
  • Forum C... Christi... 2009/06/17 20:21:38
    Forum Cruiser
    +1
    Just a great deal of cash. I guess I have to look at this as an expensive lesson learned at this point.
  • Christi... CommonS... 2009/06/17 06:37:15
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    I wondered where you have been. It is good to see you again Common Sense!

2014/12/18 18:24:35