Why the GOP is the Party of Choice for Sociopaths and Psychopaths

ProudProgressive 2012/06/06 12:43:56

The growing disconnect between the Right Wing and reality is becoming disturbing. With the help of the Supreme Court's unconstitutional ruling in Citizens United, they know that they have access to virtually unlimited amounts of cash and can run fraudulent attack ads 24 hours a day. This has freed them from any sense of obligation to tell the voters the truth, to honestly set forth where they stand on the issues and why. And money works. As the Wisconsin recall proved, when you have enough money you can buy any election, and even convince large number of voters to support positions directly against their own interests. Studies have proven that the less intelligent a person is, the more likely they are to support conservative ideology. Other studies have confirmed that those who view Fox as a "news" source are the most misinformed people in America, less aware than people who watch no news source at all. And the uneducated misinformed voter has become the Right Wing base.

Article excerpt follows:

By: Hrafnkell Haraldsson
June 6, 2012

“[O]utlaw the practice of witchcraft and Satanism in the US military, lest we offend the God of Heaven.”

- John Hagee

“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

- Thomas Jefferson

The Republican Party has become the party of choice for sociopaths and psychopaths. By now it should be more than obvious why this is true. Sure, these people are going to have problems regardless, but conservatives are more than happy to supply them with ammo, both literally and figuratively.

Do I even have to write an article after providing the very different quotes given above? Okay, I suppose I do. But rather than talk about bullets and guns laws and “Second Amendment remedies”, I am going to talk about the hate that pulls the trigger. Let’s be up front about this: most of what I want to say I can’t put into print. But let me take a deep breath and try.

John Hagee clearly needs a refresher course in American history and in particular the Constitution. Likely, if he reads anything it was written by David Barton or by somebody equally ignorant and dishonest.

To make matters worse, Hagee told atheists to get out of America “if our belief in God offends you.” What happened to turning the other cheek? Isn’t that what Hagee is supposed to do according to his professed belief in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? If he wants to be like Jesus, what he should have said was, “We’ll turn the other cheek if our belief in God offends you.” I won’t even get into how he missed the boat on the whole “love your enemy” thing.

I read the Bible. I’m pretty sure that’s in there.

It’s safe to say nobody knows hate like John Hagee, perhaps not even Brian Fischer. John Hagee is the guy who went on record as saying hate is the only way to save America. He’s apparently still serious about it. And of course, he is the guy who said that God allowed Hitler to kill millions of Jews to give them the needed nudge to go back to Israel. And yes, Hagee is the same guy who said God tried to destroy New Orleans with a flood because he hates gays and lesbians and that God kills birds when he throws a temper tantrum. This is what Hagee calls taking “America and the world back to the God of our Father, asserting all the while that it makes him “America’s preacher.”

A better name for it would be destroying America.

Read More: http://www.politicususa.com/gop-party-choice-socio...

• Dodgerfan 2012/06/06 13:05:31
    Dodgerfan
    +3
    What you have said and repeated can also be said for the Democratic Party. There is no difference between the two and the same money owns both.

If you have seen any poles you would know that there is a great divide now between the Right and Left with the majority stuck in the middle with no one to speak for them. Enter Ron Paul who is neither a RINO or Republicrat. ron paul ron paul

• gocar 2012/06/06 16:14:19
    gocar
    We have already seen the havoc that all that Pac money can do. We may as well kiss democracy in American goodbye. It was on life support but now the pateient is dead.
  • bob 2012/06/06 14:49:41
    bob
    +1
    Sociopaths and Psychopaths collecting together into one political party is scary. Generally Sociopaths and Psychopaths are isolated individuals.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/06/06 13:47:17
    Wahvlvke
    +2
    Once again PP works hard to deliver us the wisdom and knowledge of the progressive ... from good old urinal U.
  • Bastion 2012/06/06 13:38:39
    Bastion
    +2
    John Hagee is a psychopath. http://www.veteranstoday.com/... john hagee psychopath john hagee psychopath
  • Grabitz 2012/06/06 13:08:27
    Grabitz
    Yeah well let them go their ups , let them all follow government into the NWO free trade commie loving slave labor corporations . Looks like for the most part these people was born to be slaves . If thats what they want then give it to them . God says to get out of her my people and these people run smack dab into her and like it .
  • Dodgerfan 2012/06/06 13:05:31
    Dodgerfan
    +3

• Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/06 12:58:22
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    Awww, is somebody having a bad day?
  • R. 2012/06/06 12:50:50
    R.
    +2
    So the good people of Wisconson are Sociopath supporters, Psychopath
    enablers or both ?
    BTW . What do you think the good people of Wisconson are saying by
    electing THIS GUY TWICE. (Your explanation cannot contain the words
    Koch , Bush or Republicans.)
  • Ron the... R. 2012/06/06 12:59:04
    Ron the Realist
    +4
    This post is just another sour grapes tantrum. We know that the populations of imprisoned murderers, rapists, gang-bangers and thieves support democrats (liberals) at a greater than 9 to 1 ratio. It's why the left want them to vote. It's really all you need to know that if you support the political left, your cornermen are the most violent criminals in America.
  • Dodgerfan Ron the... 2012/06/06 13:09:03
    Dodgerfan
    And why is it necessary to take from one person and give it to another? I'm talking about welfare, both corporate and individual, which buys votes from these people with the use of taxpayer funds.

2014/10/22 23:13:58