Why the democrats have the extreme view on abortion?

jt 2012/08/22 17:25:31

• Morningstar 2012/08/22 17:39:15
    I don't get it
    Morningstar
    +4
    Democrats? Please! It's the extreme right-wingers who have the outrageous view of abortion/birth control...

• mama sew,gung ho 2012/08/22 20:57:17
    I don't get it
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    Well we all have our own life to bare.Some can handle more than others,"who am I to tell you which kind of beast of burden you are!" If it wasn't for an unwanted abortion that my Father paid for for my Mother in the late 50's.I would not have been conceived three months later! Don't you think,"Women have suffered enough!" Men manipulate,repress rights,and denagrate."And they think they can relate!" Work one day in the ways of a woman,listen,and reciprocate,serve,and dedicate!" Then come talk to me about what right we have over our laborious efforts in our struggle for a life under you!"
  • TheBadOne 2012/08/22 20:21:11
    I don't get it
    TheBadOne
    +2
    In my opinion, an enlightened society doesn't need to conduct abortions. However, what solutions or alternatives have the Republicans offered to help end the war on life? Aside from a staunch opposition to abortion, not much.

Has anyone on the right stood up to the religious fundamentalists to explain why abstinence-only education is flawed and why comprehensive sex education is the way to go? No, and now we have an increasing rate of teen pregnancies and teen STDs moreso now that we've ever had in the past. But as long as providing people with logic and knowledge is equated to giving them a pornographic magazine, we reap what we sow.

Few on the right have stood up for us to recognize the rights of gay people but in the end, the social conservatives got their way and have left civil-unions off the party platform to keep getting all that money from the religious lobby that's supposed to be tax-exempt for charitable purposes. Two capable adults who could raise these orphaned kids are denied the same legal protections a heterosexual couple would have because of an interpretation of a biblical passage written several millennium ago, so again, we reap what we sow.

There's plenty of groups out there (doctors, county health offices, Planned Parenthood, etc.) that offer preem...

There's plenty of groups out there (doctors, county health offices, Planned Parenthood, etc.) that offer preemptive birth control at little to no cost. The cost for emergency contraception out there, however, is very expensive. Not only is it unsubsidized nor price controlled, but it's left to the discretion of the pharmacist to determine whether or not their religious beliefs allow them to offer or deny a patient emergency contraceptives and not the will of the person requesting the pill. At that point, we may as well outlaw male masturbation because sperm too could eventually be a person one day, so again, we reap what we sow.

Finally, what exactly are we doing for those who allow the child to be born? For those who keep the child, the same people who decry abortion also decry any type of financial assistance that would go toward a single mother who tried to do the right thing. For those who offer the child up for adoption, those kids are told to hit the street the minute they turn 18 if there isn't a home for them. If taking care of a person once they've been born into this isn't your problem, then neither is whatever the mother needs to do to terminate the pregnancy if she believes that's her best option. Once again...

I don't necessarily see the left's view on this as extreme when you consider that the black market will still work to capitalize on performing abortions if it's outlawed completely. I do support it's use in instances of sexual abuse, medical necessity, or if the person's a minor and both the parent and child consent to the procedure; the period of time the fetus is viable is something that I suppose could be up for discussion. At the end of the day, this is either a societal problem or an individual one. If you don't want to create a society to ensure that the fetus can develop into a fully-functional person and have the same opportunities as anyone else, then you don't have the right to intervene with a decision that an individual makes because you've already determined it isn't your problem.
  • Redneck Gal 2012/08/22 19:55:09
    Redneck Gal
    +2
    I personally would not have nor encourage others to have an abortion...but it is not my job to tell others what to to with their own bodies. I work with many teen girls as a volunteer....and do everything I can to try to stop a pregnancy before it occurs.
  • mama se... Redneck... 2012/08/22 20:45:10
    mama sew,gung ho
    +2
    You're doing God's work,and I thank you for that! "A Mamma of five!"
  • Redneck... mama se... 2012/08/22 23:52:10
    Redneck Gal
    +1
    Thanks, I'm trying. I believe rather than be one of those that sit around and complain about these young ladies pregnancies and abortions...it's much more pro-active to get off your butt and try to stop it. I find most of it is the girls low self esteem. They think they need a man to love them (even if it's only sexual) in order to be someone. By pointing out their future possibilities in this world and letting them know what they are truly capable of, really hits home. In other words a man does not determine who they are. I'm sure you are a good role model for your kids but unfortunately many of these girls have no such role model. Their mothers are often abused by men themselves. Other issues in their lives like poverty, drugs, physical abuse, drug addicted or alcoholic parent(s)etc play a big part in these ladies decisions too. Even the girls that have had abortions have done so because they see no way out from the hell in which they live everyday.
  • mama se... Redneck... 2012/08/31 21:18:06
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    How true,there is no,'Fairy Tale Land.' Full of"Happily Ever After!" I've made my mistakes,live with em,and try to learn something from em."So I don't have to repeat em!LOL
  • Redneck... mama se... 2012/09/01 05:22:40
    Redneck Gal
    That's all we can do. No one is perfect, even Republicans LMAO
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/08/22 19:40:57
    I don't get it
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    A Liberal might blame his/her child-birth against his/her mother. (?)
  • carolynb 2012/08/22 19:02:10
    carolynb
    +3
    Cons dont want govt in their business, and I dont want the govt to tell a woman what she needs to do with her body. I dont like abortions, but it should be up to a woman whether she has one or not, and we certainly dont need to go back to back alley abortions.
  • Morningstar 2012/08/22 17:39:15
    I don't get it
    Morningstar
    +4
  • Beccy 2012/08/22 17:27:35
    +4
    Because they want the freedom to decide what is best for their body
  • RED DAWN Beccy 2012/08/22 17:33:10
    RED DAWN
    +3
    You are so right it is always them. To hell with the baby or anyone else as long as they (liberals) get what they want.
  • Redneck... RED DAWN 2012/08/22 19:59:41
    Redneck Gal
    +3
    It's so easy to pick on the women in these situations but where is the punishment for the men/boys that help create these situations? They are equally guilty here but it's always the girls that take the fall. Maybe if men learned to keep it in their pants that would substantially cut down unwanted pregnancies. Both Republicans and Democrat boys are GUILTY!!
  • RED DAWN Redneck... 2012/08/22 20:31:58
    RED DAWN
    +1
    I have to agree the male is as responsible as the female.Regardless of who is at fault that's not a good reason to butcher a child.I think that the women want it out of the pants as much as the men.If you want to cut down on unwanted pregnancies it can be done with education,a $3.00 pack of condoms and a $10.00 pack of birth control pills.
  • Redneck... RED DAWN 2012/08/23 00:03:18
    Redneck Gal
    +1
    Now you're getting to the job of the parents. My son and I have definitely spoken about unwanted pregnancies. He knows if he were to get a girl pregnant he'd better be prepared to be a father and support it in every way that's expected of him. The parent just has to pick an angle that will work best to get through to their child. My son is cheap with a buck...told him several years ago the going rate for young men at my work that get tagged for child support costs them about $800 per month. Reminded him his father is a natural twin so his chances are high that he could also have twins. Therefore, he'd be paying $1600 per month. Since he was raised in the church, he knows abortion is never a viable option.
  • Beccy RED DAWN 2012/08/22 21:43:16
    +1
    Maybe it's not about them maybe it's about the man leaving them and they can't afford to have a baby on their own. What I find funny is republicans want to make them have the baby and then bitch because they have to support it.
  • Turings... Beccy 2012/08/22 18:26:26
    TuringsChild
    +1
    And they don't give a flip for the body they created, belonging to another individual entirely.
  • Beccy Turings... 2012/08/22 21:46:55
    +1
    You know I don't believe in abortions for me but I have no right to judge others. I am a social worker and I wouldn't want to force any women to have a child and raise it in poverty. Until conservatives are willing to help support this other individual they have no right to force anyone to do anything. When you take a freedom away from one person you can loss a freedom for yourself.
  • Turings... Beccy 2012/08/22 21:53:12 (edited)
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Then you should have no problem with anyone ELSE murdering anyone they don't like or find inconvenient in their lives. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'm pointing out that KILLING an INNOCENT PERSON is WRONG.
  • Beccy Turings... 2012/08/22 22:46:36
    +1
    I don't think it's right to kill anyone including capital punishment.
  • Turings... Beccy 2012/08/22 23:45:55
    TuringsChild
    And yet you defend abortion? LOL
  • Beccy Turings... 2012/08/22 23:57:02
    i understand why it happens. There is not one truth to these issues. There is truth on both sides
  • Turings... Beccy 2012/08/23 00:04:57
    TuringsChild
    The truth is that people today are too selfish, self-centered, and hard-hearted to CARE about the responsibility they created at conception.
    The truth is that rape only VERY seldom creates life, and that life would be welcomed by adoptive parents.
    The truth is that innocent children are being killed every day in the greatest holocaust since 1944.
  • Beccy Turings... 2012/08/23 00:33:04
    +1
    I agree with you there people have to take responsibility to not conceive a baby they don't want. There is plenty of birth control out there.

2014/07/26 11:13:18