Why the big stink coming from the right on a flag with Obama on it?

Manuel 2012/03/17 23:03:09
When this flag was out in the 70's....nobody had a problem with it... http://flagsgonewild.files.wo...

So why this stink on this one? http://ironicsurrealism.com/f...

The John Wayne flag hung on millions of flag poles when he died....Obama flag was just on one house....

I just can't wait for a right wing Conservative answer on this one....

• Someone Else 2012/03/18 14:20:13
    Someone Else
    Easy enough John Wayne was an American icon and a hero not the President of the United states. John Wayne was all about America Obama is all about his vision for America John Wayne did not try to change the establishment like Obama is trying to do John Wayne was just being John Wayne and Obama is an Ass.
  • Manuel Someone... 2012/03/19 04:04:00
    Manuel
    John Wayne was racist....at a time when blacks were afraid to use that word to describe most whites...and also American Indians looked at him as a racist as well...his early movies really made then look like monsters and savages....something they were never...that was a time when Hollywood was run by conservatives...
  • Someone... Manuel 2012/03/19 04:21:29
    Someone Else
    And it's still weird. At that time the whole idea of America was run by the extreme right wing and all the other country's of the world feared the US.Now not so much Ya' JW was a racist but so was most of the US at the time of his early movies some dating back to the late 30's early 40's what was America then a whole lot different then they are now. He was still a Hero of the saturday afternoon matinee's. We all had allot of growing to do and we still are.Racism today is nothing like was back then there were no equal rights for minority's and women no womans lib.......Think about it?
  • Manuel Someone... 2012/03/19 16:43:27
    Manuel
    And that's why millions of conservtives will vote for Obama....
  • Bob DiN 2012/03/18 08:16:19
    Bob DiN
    Because it is disrespectfull.
  • Manuel Bob DiN 2012/03/19 04:12:34 (edited)
    Manuel
    I think anybody could do what ever they want with the flag...put any picture on it...and even burn it.... Now I would not burn it...but I..I got a guitar with and American flag pick up guard....My Harley Tank is painted to look like an American flag with matching blue fenders......
    harley tank American flag
    harley tank American flag
  • Bob DiN Manuel 2012/03/19 04:56:14
    Bob DiN
    It's not illegal but against flaq etique. It should be illegal.
  • Manuel Bob DiN 2012/03/19 16:44:20
    Manuel
    but it never will be dude....that's the price of freedom....
  • Bob DiN Manuel 2012/03/19 16:57:04
    Bob DiN
    Freedom of speech is one thing and treason is another.
  • Manuel Bob DiN 2012/03/19 17:06:39
    Manuel
    what treason are you speaking about?
  • Bob DiN Manuel 2012/03/20 09:50:24
    Bob DiN
    Obama on the flag.
  • The Electrician 2012/03/18 07:29:52
    The Electrician
    +1
    Putting a persons picture on the flag, symbolizes a great American, it's not like they wanted to put the President on money. I'm getting one made with my picture on it, why not ? The Duke and I share the same birthday, if it's good enough for him, it's just as good for me. Anyone that doesn't like it can go .............. Phuck Off.
  • Manuel The Ele... 2012/03/19 04:16:47
    Manuel
    +1
    I think anybody could do what ever they want with the flag...put any picture on it...and even burn it.... Now I would not burn it...but I..I got a guitar with and American flag pick up guard....My Harley Tank is painted to look like an American flag with matching blue fenders...... harley tank American flag
    fender guitar american flag
  • Redneck Gal 2012/03/18 02:03:48
    Redneck Gal
    +3
    Republicans hate him and will use any excuse to complain about him...simple as that!
  • Evil 1 2012/03/18 01:39:30
    Evil 1
    +2
    I don't know as it has been done by conservatives as well as liberals. I personally do not agree with either. I don't think anyones image should be placed on the flag, but that's my opinon.
  • Manuel Evil 1 2012/03/18 04:01:27 (edited)
    Manuel
    they use to say also in the past...that no human should play the part of Jesus in a movie...because that would be disrespectful ..
  • Evil 1 Manuel 2012/03/18 10:22:57
    Evil 1
    +1
    I try to stay out of the religious aspects as it leads to way too many hostile arguments. I also was not aware of that point. Guess Mel Gibson's movie should never have been made. I think the flag thing is much ado about nothing as it's been done by many and not just from a political standpoint.
  • Manuel Evil 1 2012/03/19 04:19:42
    Manuel
    +1
    yea religion and violence....now there a match made from Heaven...lol
  • Someone... Manuel 2012/03/18 14:24:53
    Someone Else
    Disrespectful only to Christians much like images of Mohammed are to Islam. I don't believe in either so I got no problem with that. There are allot of things that show disrespect to many people in this country isn't that what this country is all about the first amendment?
  • Manuel Someone... 2012/03/19 04:21:32
    Manuel
    +1
    yea like I told Evil 1....religion and violence....now there a match made from Heaven...lol

There are allot of things that show disrespect to many people in this country isn't that what this country is all about the first amendment?

It depends...........
  • Someone... Manuel 2012/03/19 04:24:07
    Someone Else
    As long as it doesn't involve violence I see nothing wrong with disrespecting those who deserve it.
  • Manuel Someone... 2012/03/19 16:45:56
    Manuel
    but violence is never far behind in most of those situations...
  • kobidobidog 2012/03/18 01:12:47
    kobidobidog
    +1
    Obama is an extreme idol worshiper. That is why he want his image on an idol of cloth.
  • Manuel kobidob... 2012/03/18 04:01:56
    Manuel
    they use to say also in the past...that no human should play the part of Jesus in a movie...because that would be disrespectful .
  • kobidob... Manuel 2012/03/22 19:05:55 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    Whoever does the good works of Jesus doing what he does talking like him has Jesus in them. How could that therefore be disrespectful to Jesus? Misrepresenting him would be taking Christs name in vain AKA as swearing being disrespectful. Religions want to redirect humans away from what swearing really is.
    Humans waring and persecuting in Gods name is bad. Humans calling zoosexuals, bestialists bad calling for their incarceration or death is bad or calling nakedness bad. That is in part what swearing really is. Others speak what the bible says great words against God. A flag is an idol in the first place. Obama wants to be worshiped like an idol too. it is imposable for Jesus to be in the soul of Obama at this point in time, and if not Jesus another dark deceptive being is in him willingly by
    Obama.
  • La 2012/03/18 00:44:25
    La
    +5
    Who knows. I think it's weird how obsessed you are with your flag in general. You got mad when Sarah Palin signed a little flag for a fan because "it's illegal to desecrate the flag" so of course you were gonna get mad when someone edited Obama's face on. Maybe in the '70's everyone was more chilled out and didn't get obsessed over silly things?
  • JDLogan 2012/03/18 00:14:00
    JDLogan
    +3
    Under US Flag Code they are both inappropriate uses of the US flag, I don't like either one. I also don't like the Reagan flag or the "TEA" flag; I find them all repugnant and out of line with the proper use of the flag of our country.
  • Manuel JDLogan 2012/03/18 04:05:11
    Manuel
    +1
    some call all of these freedom of expression...and nobody here is breaking any laws...
  • AGPhillbin Manuel 2012/03/18 05:41:37
    AGPhillbin
    +1
    Freedom of expression, perhaps, but what are they expressing? Are they trying to tell us that if you don't like our party/hero/faction, that you are not patriotic? Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels.
  • Manuel AGPhillbin 2012/03/19 04:24:06
    Manuel
    that's all in the eye of the beholder...what one calls a scoundrel others call a hero....and what one calls a hero...other will call a scoundrel.
  • JDLogan Manuel 2012/03/18 14:24:29
    JDLogan
    Actually flag code is federal law, and just because someone has an idea to express doesn't mean it's worth the powder it would take to blow it to hell. I find all those examples to be clear cut examples of flag desecration, and insulting to anyone who has ever fought for the rights of American citizens.
  • Manuel JDLogan 2012/03/19 04:26:11
    Manuel
    that's your opinion on it and many may feel that one too....and there are many others will say the complete opposite...
  • Frank 2012/03/18 00:09:54 (edited)
    Frank
    +3
    Because the face on the flag does not represent the "real" American as they see it. If it were Ronald Regan there would not be any complaint.

I believe flying a flag like that kind of comes under the territory of free speech.

Also all of the ruckus may help to divert attention from the fact they really are devoid of a good argument as why they should be in charge of everything.
  • Manuel Frank 2012/03/18 04:17:47 (edited)
    Manuel
    +1
    very good post with very strong points...I am gonna hang an Obama flag out on my from lawn and see just what will happen...lol
  • Lana 2012/03/18 00:05:53
    Lana
    +1
    Probably relates directly back to the person who was placed on the flag.
  • mich52 2012/03/18 00:00:46
  • carolynb 2012/03/17 23:51:33
    carolynb
    +3
    I think is ironic that a vet complained about it, and Obama has done more for vets than most presidents have. McCain got a D rating. Obama got a B rating from the various vets groups because of how they voted on bills to assist the vets.http://garlockfamily.com...
    http://garlockfamily.com/tag/...
  • Manuel carolynb 2012/03/18 04:19:42
    Manuel
    +1
    good point...
  • NPC 2012/03/17 23:49:43 (edited)
    NPC
    John Wayne was not ever a candidate for the highest office in the land in an election year, collecting donor monies and telling potential voters that the world is still flat !
  • Manuel NPC 2012/03/17 23:51:39
    Manuel
    +1
    lol..so are you saying that made it ok ?

2014/07/23 16:24:30