Why should Ron Paul be elected president?

Ericka 2012/08/16 07:45:59
I just got into a heated debate with some people who believe Ron Paul should be elected President, but none of them would tell me why they thought so.

If you think so, then give a reasoned argument listing the reasons why you believe he is a stronger candidate. So far, none of the people who have attacked me on another post over differing views have given actual reasons why he should be elected, just that he should and that the other candidates have stymied his potential to do so and stonewalled him. Instead of saying "the other guys are mean to him," give actual answers to the question of "Why Ron Paul Should Be President."

So far, all I have gotten are ad-hominem personal attacks that did not address the issues. Ironic, isn't it, that they point fingers at the candidates they hate because they "mudsling," when they, themselves, do the same thing. Then they go rabid on anyone who disagrees with them.

So here is your chance to support your arguments in a calm, reasoned, and respectful way.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/mark-faber-i...

• Classical Liberal 2012/08/16 15:33:11 (edited)
    Classical Liberal
    +12
    1) He opposed TARP and auto bailouts. Romney, Ryan, Obama, and Biden all supported TARP, and of those only Romney opposed the auto bailout.

2) He would end the foreign wars of aggression. There are far too many reasons to end those to bother stating them, both moral and practical. Neither Obama or Romney have any intention of ending them.

3) He has an actual plan to balance the budget *DURING HIS FIRST TERM*

4) He wants to eliminate the Department of Education and HUD, the two most destructive agencies of the federal government.

5) He's been ideologically consistent his entire time in Congress

6) He is measurably *the* most constitutionally consistent Congressman since WWII. More consistent than either Barry Goldwater or Ronald Reagan (as POTUS).

7) There are Democrats that actually, you know, respect him and would be willing to work with him towards fiscal solvency.

8) He actually understands macroeconomics.

• ConLibFraud 2012/08/17 17:14:28 (edited)
    ConLibFraud
    +5
    LMAO! Who were you talking to? We Paul supporters know this post is nothing but a cheap attempt to trash Ron Paul and his supporters!

Listen up!

We Paul supporters do not have to defend Ron Paul! His record does that! The fact that you even try to trick people to tell you why Ron Paul would be a great president only reveals yourself as someone who is not very well informed ... I suspect on purpose.

It is YOU who doesn't know about Ron Paul and are willing to keep supporting and voting for the same NWO thugs expecting different results that need to defend your position!!!!

Tell us who you are supporting and going to vote for and WHY AND HOW this candidate will stop the demise of America! No generalities. No ABOs. No better evils. No propaganda links. Just tell us exactly WHAT AND HOW this candidate will stop the current path of demise?

Read this question carefully! Not one of you anti Paulers have answered the question.

I dare you to be the first!!!
  • DDogbreath ConLibF... 2012/08/17 22:25:31
    DDogbreath
    +3
    Because they hate to adMitt they were "spoon fed" by the same "liberal media" they love to hate... They have turned into re-programed "Mittiot's"
  • ConLibF... DDogbreath 2012/08/17 22:48:36
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Soooooo true!!!!
  • DDogbreath 2012/08/17 16:20:32
    DDogbreath
    +9
    I would probably say the same thing. Obama doesn't have any Idea how to fix our economy and neither does Romney. They both care more about robbing our liberty from us.

If you are paying attention this is a very disturbing trend. If you're not then you probably haven't noticed.

Paul vs Obama Romney Ryan

Obama -- Amnesty (Dream Act)
    Romney -- Amnesty (Dream Act)
    Ryan -- Amnesty (Comprehensive Amnesty)
    Dr. Paul -- NO AMNESTY

Obama -- TARP
    Romney -- TARP
    Ryan -- TARP
    Dr. Paul -- Warned and warned AGAINST TARP

Obama -- Signed NDAA
    Romney -- Would sign NDAA
    Ryan -- Voted for NDAA
    Dr. Paul -- REPEAL NDAA

Obama -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Romney -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Ryan -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Dr. Paul -- END THE FED.

Obama -- Nation-building
    Romney -- Nation-building
    Ryan -- Nation-building
    Dr. Paul -- Nonintervention

Obama -- "Patriot" Act
    Romney -- "Patriot" Act
    Ryan -- "Patriot" Act
    Dr. Paul -- Fourth Amendment

Obama -- Gungrabber (Endorsed handgun ban and limiting gun purchases)
    Romney -- Gungrabber (Gun Control flip-flopper who SUPPORTED Brady)
    Ryan -- Gungrabber (Voted to close the "gun show loophole")
    Dr. Paul -- Second Amendment -- Introduced legislation to repeal the "Brady Bill" and "Assault Weapons Ban."

Obama -- Collectivist healthcare (Obamacare)
    Romn...

Paul vs Obama Romney Ryan

Obama -- Amnesty (Dream Act)
    Romney -- Amnesty (Dream Act)
    Ryan -- Amnesty (Comprehensive Amnesty)
    Dr. Paul -- NO AMNESTY

Obama -- TARP
    Romney -- TARP
    Ryan -- TARP

Obama -- Signed NDAA
    Romney -- Would sign NDAA
    Ryan -- Voted for NDAA
    Dr. Paul -- REPEAL NDAA

Obama -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Romney -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Ryan -- PRIVATE Federal Reserve
    Dr. Paul -- END THE FED.

Obama -- Nation-building
    Romney -- Nation-building
    Ryan -- Nation-building
    Dr. Paul -- Nonintervention

Obama -- "Patriot" Act
    Romney -- "Patriot" Act
    Ryan -- "Patriot" Act
    Dr. Paul -- Fourth Amendment

Romney -- Collectivist healthcare (Romneycare)
    Ryan -- Collectivist healthcare (Medicare Part D)
    Dr. Paul -- Free-market healthcare

Obama -- REJECTS the Enumerated Powers and 10th Amendment
    Romney -- REJECTS the Enumerated Powers and 10th Amendment
    Ryan -- REJECTS the Enumerated Powers and 10th Amendment
    Dr. Paul -- Strict Constitutionalist

Paul is honest and tells it like it is. He is not a panderer and tells you what you want to hear. Dr. Ron Paul is an expert on global economics, he knows more about economics and our Constitution than the other three combined.

He will restore our country and our liberty. He has a solid plan to balance the budget in three years.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/th...
  • rocat DDogbreath 2012/08/17 16:54:36 (edited)
    rocat
    +4
    this is not a real post... ddog-

the author just wanted to cry victim-

notice no replys from... on here-
  • ConLibF... rocat 2012/08/17 17:15:42
  • DDogbreath rocat 2012/08/17 20:34:36 (edited)
    DDogbreath
    +3
    That's what I figured and the same reason It was only worthy of a copy & paste. LOL
  • Ericka rocat 2012/08/18 07:49:28
    Ericka
    "..." was working today, going to a parent meeting for the JV water polo team, doing college homework, and cleaning the house. "..." just now got online.
  • ConLibF... DDogbreath 2012/08/17 17:15:33
    ConLibFraud
    +3
    Saving for later!
  • 9th of 9 DDogbreath 2012/08/17 22:19:09
    9th of 9
    +2
    Damn that's a good comment..
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/18 07:52:19
    Ericka
    +1
    Thank you for your perspective. That answer is not only Something, but a lot.

My intent here was to give everyone a chance and a place to tell their views respectfully, and you have done that.
  • Ericka Ericka 2012/08/18 08:17:47
    Ericka
    My concern is about moving too much in either direction - we need something balanced. Obama, for example, is greedy for "more government" and tries to limit our personal liberties. He's also a jackass when it comes to the economy. We also can't have "no government." One thing I have learned from behavioral studies (summed up) is that people take care of their basic needs first and the rest follow in order of relative importance. That means food and shelter. The Porsche is "extra." This didn't take a degree or genius I.Q. to figure out - any monkey who can stack blocks can figure that one out...but it does relate to what I'm talking about. Too many people don't have enough of their basic needs met, and this concerns me. At the same time, I look at other nations who are trying to dismantle their governments, and that is utter chaos in living color. I don't think the answer is either full regulation or no regulation. We can't do away with the fed because someone has to print the money. I can't just trade you the Cheetos I stole from the now-defunct convenience store for the beef jerkey you stole from the one down the street. We can't just let everyone have guns or no one have guns, either. I was raised with guns, and have many current and former police and military in my family. ...

My concern is about moving too much in either direction - we need something balanced. Obama, for example, is greedy for "more government" and tries to limit our personal liberties. He's also a jackass when it comes to the economy. We also can't have "no government." One thing I have learned from behavioral studies (summed up) is that people take care of their basic needs first and the rest follow in order of relative importance. That means food and shelter. The Porsche is "extra." This didn't take a degree or genius I.Q. to figure out - any monkey who can stack blocks can figure that one out...but it does relate to what I'm talking about. Too many people don't have enough of their basic needs met, and this concerns me. At the same time, I look at other nations who are trying to dismantle their governments, and that is utter chaos in living color. I don't think the answer is either full regulation or no regulation. We can't do away with the fed because someone has to print the money. I can't just trade you the Cheetos I stole from the now-defunct convenience store for the beef jerkey you stole from the one down the street. We can't just let everyone have guns or no one have guns, either. I was raised with guns, and have many current and former police and military in my family. My grandfather was a vet and an NRA member, collector, and believed them useful for home protection. He never got the chance to find out about the last one because the chow-chows he kept stopped anything from getting in the house before he needed to. He believed, from a practicality standpoint, pistols were great for home protection, and that rifles were useful for hunting game (to eat), but did not think anyone needed an AK fully automatic to hunt OR for home protection because by the time you got done shooting, you would not recognize what you were shooting at as intruder or food - the only thing assault weapons were good for, according to him, was...assault - and highly illegal and harmful activities..

As for TARP - had we not bailed out a relative few banks, a lot more would have toppled like a house of cards and the damage might have been a lot worse, and the economy even more unstable.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/18 13:12:24
    DDogbreath
    +1
    I did that on the other poll you referred to.
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/18 16:39:18
    Ericka
    +1
    I know. I wasn't refering to you doing it. Identifying with a particular group doesn't ordinarily make one "guilty" (unless perhaps Nazi SS...LOL), don't worry.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/18 17:42:22
    DDogbreath
    Who do you support and why?
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/18 18:44:48
    Ericka
    +1
    I would LOVE to share that, but it's caught a lot of heat already from people who don't share my views here and somehow incited a "flame war" I sure didn't want.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/18 18:50:19
    DDogbreath
    If you are not "proud" of who you support, you should support someone you can be proud of.

Puffs out chest with pride!

Liberty  Truth  Ron Paul
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/18 21:33:13
    Ericka
    +1
    I am proud of who I support, but I don't like dealing with sh*tty people who can't handle other people have different opinions, spend no time or energy to come up with reasons why they believe as they do, and then go on personal attacks.

Keep puffing, though - it's kinda cute ;-) LOL.
  • Ericka Ericka 2012/08/18 21:33:55
    Ericka
    +1
    (Even if you don't support "my" candidate.)
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/18 23:34:28
    DDogbreath
    You must love socialism, because that's what anything other than Ron Paul or Gary Johnson will get you.

bend over
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/18 23:50:16
    Ericka
    No. In fact, I am very much opposed to it. I realize this will probably start a new sh**storm in saying it, but it needs to be made clear...free rides aren't going to cut it anymore because that particular "vehicle" is almost entirely out of gas. We need to enable people, not to sit on their duffs like they've been doing, but instead to take Action (and personal RESPONSIBILITY for their own problems instead of "blaming" others) and learn to be productive and SELF-sufficient citizens in their own right. The reason some (read: Obama and his cronies) want to increase government aid to others is it not only gets them votes now, but creates a dependency which they can exploit later when no one is strong enough to oppose them. That tactic is entirely self-serving, with no real regard for the people they're signing checks to with money the rest of us work hard for, much LESS for the people who work hard footing the bill.

At the same time, some people here are proposing a form of anarchy by "dismantling" government entirely, and that is not the answer, either. There needs to be a healthy balance.

People gripe about taxes and say there need to be less/fewer, people say there need to be more taxes to pay for social programs hardly anyone really wants except the people who recieve th...

People gripe about taxes and say there need to be less/fewer, people say there need to be more taxes to pay for social programs hardly anyone really wants except the people who recieve them - they are both right...and they are both wrong. The TRUTH is somewhere in the middle.

I make NO apologies for being a free market capitalist. I have worked hard and made sacrifices, I currently am doing the same, and I am fully committed to continuing to do so. I don't expect anyone else to do it for me.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 00:00:55
    DDogbreath
    Then you are supporting the wrong guy, Paul is a true free market capitalist. Mitt Romney is a corporatist.

• Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 00:54:30
    Ericka
    +1
    Sorry, but are you trying to tell me I'm "wrong?" I'm not trying to impose my will on you. You are free to choose who you want.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 00:58:27 (edited)
    DDogbreath
    YOU said "I make NO apologies for being a free market capitalist." I was just pointing out a fact you seem to have overlooked.

I wasn't imposing a f-ing thing.

You are contradicting yourself.
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 01:31:41
    Ericka
    +1
    In the interest of Not being argumentative, I will ask you to explain to me how Ron Paul is a capitalist. Assume for a second I "Don't" have college degrees, and explain it in idiot terms, if you need to.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 01:54:41
    DDogbreath
    Ron Paul is for true free market enterprise. All of his positions on the issues are on this site. Spelled out in terms everyone can understand.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/th...
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 02:09:05
    Ericka
    +1
    Okay, so what of defending ourselves against foreign adversaries and keeping reasonable government services (NOT over-regulation, of course)?
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 03:00:38 (edited)
    DDogbreath
    I don't quite understand what you mean just go to the top bar and mouse over "Issues" everything is covered there.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/th...
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 08:10:00
    Ericka
    +1
    Never mind...lol. I've been busy doing lots of stuff and wasn't fully paying attention :D
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 08:11:57
    Ericka
    +1
    What I meant to say is, with other posters, what is with the attitude about "no damn nobody is going to tell ME what to do EVER." and "Blah, blah, blah." :D
  • Ericka Ericka 2012/08/19 18:38:53
    Ericka
    I would prefer they address the issues from a less emotional position and answer questions to the best of their ability.

This post is about why RP should be president.

When a management candidate is hired for a job, the employer needs to know they can complete most functions of that job, if not all. There are support people who may assist, but the manager needs to know what the job requires and know where to get the information he or she needs, AND make sound decisions based on the information he or she has. I see little difference between that and electing a president.

Knowing a lot about one or two issues is one thing, being able to handle crises situations when they present themselves and overcome them is a whole different story. I don't just want to hire someone who can crunch numbers, and I don't just want to hire someone who can deal with people - I want to know they can do all, or at least most, of the job, and bring in the right people to assist with the rest.
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 21:24:57
    Ericka
    Those are all very good ideals. However, EVERY political candidate uses spin doctors and speech writers to make them look good. This is why I watch news on them and try to think critically about if their words match their actions, and why I watch their debates and speeches to notice things like body language to see if anything is out of place. Anyone can say, "I'm a good person, really - trust me. If you don't believe me, ask me and I'll tell you."

Please don't use this as an opportunity to bash one candidate or another, though. I have a very heavy workload today and can't be here to debate it. ;-)
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 22:35:47
    DDogbreath
    +1
    The main stream media "news" is the absolute worst place you can ever get your information from. Have you ever seen these two things on the "news"?

main stream media news absolute information news

(scroll past two minutes of comparing audience sizes)

ALL main stream media totally "blacked out"
    Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" during the primary's. They NEVER mention his name unless they have to.

Meanwhile the "liberal media" spoon fed you the one Obama can beat. They did the same in 2008 because they want the same results.

The WORST thing you can do as an American is let the MSM elect our presidents for us.
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/19 22:47:20
    Ericka
    +1
    Yes, I am singlehandedly responsible for every vote in America. Geez, how did I miss that?!
  • Ericka Ericka 2012/08/19 22:48:07
    Ericka
    +1
    I must have been trying to not fall down a "slippery slope" at the time ;-)
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/19 23:06:16
    DDogbreath
    Now you are sliding down a mountain of lies.
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/20 01:58:58
    Ericka
    So you're saying I AM responsible for how everyone else votes? ;-)
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/20 02:04:43
    DDogbreath
    No where did you get that from?
  • Ericka DDogbreath 2012/08/20 02:44:56
    Ericka
    Scroll up, read what you wrote, and then read how I responded.
  • DDogbreath Ericka 2012/08/20 02:53:25
    DDogbreath
    I don't see how you ever got that from anything I wrote. Please explain,I am at a total loss.

2014/10/23 15:50:49