Why people vote Democrat

jere.chievres 2012/07/15 15:45:06
When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted for a Democrat, give them this list.

1. I voted for a Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of
4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same
gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.

2. I voted for a Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted for a Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted for a Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a
gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from
murderers, rapists, thugs, and thieves.

5. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that people who can’t
tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps
will disappear in ten years because of Global Warming if I don’t start
driving a Prius or a Chevy Volt.

6. I voted for a Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of
babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted for a Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that business
should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to
break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution
as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted for a Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution regularly to suit some fringe folks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted for a Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay
billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill for our own
because it might upset some useless endangered beetle, gopher, or fish.

11. I voted for a Democrat because while we live in the greatest,
most wonderful country in the world, I was promised “HOPE AND CHANGE.”

12. I voted for a Democrat because my head is so firmly buried in the
sand that it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.

• Bob S 2012/07/19 23:11:56
    About time the truth was told
    Bob S
    +1
    Actually many that vote for dems are sick or already dead. They do give votes in the graveyards.
  • EDWARD G 2012/07/19 12:46:13
    EDWARD G
    +1
    Sadly these people will continue to vote Democrat either because you cannot fix stupid or because they are dependent on the Government
  • reaper 2012/07/19 10:05:31
    reaper
  • Dolly 2012/07/19 09:50:50
    Dolly
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/07/16 15:04:24
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +1
    Great minds think alike...

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/t...
  • AL 2012/07/16 06:58:18
    About time the truth was told
    AL
    +2
    They love sucking off the nanny state tit!
  • kfallslady 2012/07/16 03:33:27
    kfallslady
    +3
    very Good. I also like to be able to have my gun right by my bed loaded
  • cinbadl kfallslady 2012/07/16 03:55:00
  • kfallslady cinbadl 2012/07/16 04:03:00
    kfallslady
    +2
    I lived in Delta jct.,Ak. for 4 yrs. I was in the Army, as a trauck driver, I left in 83.
  • Hamilton 2012/07/16 03:10:20
    Hamilton
    +3
    Liberals are people who don't have the sense to look both ways when they walk out into traffic, and they call you a fearmonger when you try and give them a heads-up.
  • sbtbill 2012/07/16 03:03:00
    About time the truth was told
    sbtbill
    Unfortunately, this question doesn't tell it.
  • DPRKworker 2012/07/16 02:50:21 (edited)
    DPRKworker
    +3
    Sorry to rain on your neocon circle jerk you guys, but a few points you might want to consider:

1.Republicans say repealing oil industry tax breaks will drive up costs at the pump. However, nonpartisan congressional analysts and industry experts say higher taxes would have little or no effect on gasoline prices.
    2. Spending money on what exactly? You mean programs like Romneycare in Massachusetts, which Obamacare was modeled after?
    3. Only conservative fundies are offended by free speech and I very rarely see liberals denouncing it (Unconstitutional 'obscenity' laws)
    4. Most of the comments you see congratulating the cops and police brutality are neocons
    5. Keep ignoring science. I bet you think evolution is fake too?
    6. We are the ONLY first-world country in the world that still has the death penalty, and because the courts are far from perfect that means innocent people get put to death
    7. Obamacare excludes illegal aliens
    8. Once again, you mean spending money on Romneycare?
    9. What do you mean prop 8? How the hell is it "fringe" if a majority of Americans now support gay marriage? Besides which, the courts exist to protect the civil rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority. Read the Constitution.
    10. Because all the BP oil spill did was kill a few beetles.
    11. So everything is absolutely perfect and nothing needs changing?
    12. No
  • cinbadl DPRKworker 2012/07/16 03:41:59 (edited)
  • reaper cinbadl 2012/07/19 10:01:12
    reaper
    +3
    5 We are the ones that know that scientists are religious and the religous are scientists.

5 scientists religious religous scientistswhat did the bible say the earth looked like again? and still does in some parts.
    5 scientists religious religous scientists bible earth looked parts
    6. er.....no......you are wrong...we ARE not the ONLY country with the death penalty. (which proves you don't have a friggin' clue of the tripe you are spewing)

first world country, first world.
  • DPRKworker cinbadl 2012/07/29 18:54:40
    DPRKworker
    Congratulations, you just invalidated you entire answer based on the fact that you obviously have NO idea how evolution works, therefore you must have NEVER taken even a simple class in biology, so I can only assume that you never even graduated high school, as taking biology is a requirement for this. Sorry, I don't debate politics with high school drop outs.

There are plenty of arguments and criticisms you can use against evolution; yours is not one of them and just makes you sound like an idiot.
  • jere.ch... DPRKworker 2012/07/29 22:13:59
    jere.chievres
    +1
    I have degrees in both History and Gvernment if you could read and had ever looked at my profile you would not feel so astupid right about now!
  • DPRKworker jere.ch... 2012/07/30 09:23:53
    DPRKworker
    Maybe you should try reading who that answer was actually directed to. Can you not tell when someone is replying to a thread and when they're answering your original question?
  • cinbadl DPRKworker 2012/07/16 03:50:37 (edited)
  • cinbadl DPRKworker 2012/07/16 04:01:23
  • ComeOnNow 2012/07/16 02:24:18
    Absolutely
    ComeOnNow
    +1
    You are a good democrat if:

1. You have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.

2. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.

3. You have to believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding Americans, are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology, in the hands of terrorists.

4. You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.

5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the earth's climate and that huge ball of fire in the sky, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.

6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.

7. You think a mother has a right to kill an innocent 5 month fetus because her pregnancy would interfere with her career, but feel we shouldn't put to death the man who raped and murdered 14 women.

8. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.

9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists from Seattle do.

10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

11. You have to believe ...

You are a good democrat if:

11. You have to believe that racism is horrible unless it is against a white person then it is encouraged.

12. You feel that being convicted of treason is an infringement on your first amendment rights.

13. You honestly feel that alcoholics deserve social security disability benefits.

14. You think the guy who drops out of High School and builds your jeep deserves more money than the doctor who went to college for 10 years and saves your kids life.

15. You've filed for unemployment within two weeks of getting out of high school.

16. You've tried to argue in favor of anything based on, "Well, they're gonna do it anyway so..."

17. You believe that a few hundred loggers can find another career, but the defenseless spotted owl must live in its preferred tree.

18. You ever based an argument on the phrase, "But they can afford a tax hike because..."

19. You've ever argued that with just one more year of welfare that person will turn it around and get off drugs.

20. You keep count of how many people you know in each racial or ethnic category.

21. You believe our government must do it because everyone in Europe does.

22. After looking at your pay stub you can still say, "America is under taxed."

23. You fight and demand that other people have to support your cause when you do not bother to donate to it, or even volunteer.

24. You have to believe the NRA is bad, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.

25. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.

26. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and affirmative action isn’t

27. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried, is because the right people haven’t been in charge.

28. You have to believe Republicans telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belongs in the White House.

29. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites and bestiality should be constitutionally protected and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.

30. You have to believe that illegal Democratic party funding by the Chinese and the middle east is somehow in the best interest of the United States.
  • cinbadl ComeOnNow 2012/07/16 03:43:10
  • cinbadl ComeOnNow 2012/07/16 04:12:00
  • John Boy 2012/07/16 01:57:31
    John Boy
    +1
    Handouts, welfare, abortion, gay rights, your money, no businesses, race card ! Many, many more reasons ! Fortunately, 95% of my family and friends, would not vote democrat. The 5% that do vote democrat, are an embarrassment to the family in many more ways than just being democrat ! Coincidence ? I think not !
  • CAPISCE 2012/07/16 01:50:00
    CAPISCE
    +2
    They are brainwashed, politically correct, sheep
  • CAPISCE CAPISCE 2012/07/16 14:55:10
    CAPISCE
    +1
    lol@ #6
  • Red Branch 2012/07/16 01:22:32
    Red Branch
    +2
    Also:
    a. I voted Democrat because I was raised on the entitlement culture and I want the same for my children and grandchildren. Especially the grandchildren because they bring a lot of money.
    b. While some of the naive Democrats may have their head in the sand, but the hard left Democrats have their heads buried in their large intestine and the only way they will ever see the light of day again is if a carpenter installs a window in their belly button.
  • "Shooter" E-7 ™ 2012/07/16 00:52:42
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +4
    You forgot number 13...

Because they are easily manipulated by anybody running for office.

obama the mesiah  obama the mesiah  obama the mesiah
  • Wayne 2012/07/16 00:29:27
    About time the truth was told
    Wayne
    +3
    This is an accurate representation of the liberal virtual thinking process.! Scary for normal thinking people. :)
  • Texas Johnny 2012/07/15 23:31:25
    Texas Johnny
    +7
    They are sheep with A.D.D.!
    sheeple
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/07/15 22:21:10
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +3
    All valid!
  • 4dc 2012/07/15 21:58:51
    4dc
    +2
    like #12 the best but it's not the sand their heads are buried in
  • mich52 2012/07/15 21:47:50
  • jere.ch... mich52 2012/07/15 21:53:57
    jere.chievres
    +3
    Har Har Har. Stealing money from people who WORK maybe.!
  • mich52 jere.ch... 2012/07/15 22:44:41
  • Wesloco mich52 2012/07/16 00:06:26
    Wesloco
    +2
    I agree! Typical! (-:
  • Wesloco jere.ch... 2012/07/16 00:07:27
    Wesloco
    Who's doing the stealing again?
  • jere.ch... Wesloco 2012/07/16 00:31:08
    jere.chievres
    +1
    Not me I don't need to.
  • Wesloco jere.ch... 2012/07/16 01:14:55
    Wesloco
    +1
    Well then who are the thiefs you refer to in your Har, Har, Har comment?
  • jere.ch... Wesloco 2012/07/16 01:35:06
    jere.chievres
    Dummycraps are doing a good job of stealing in D.C. lately
  • Wesloco jere.ch... 2012/07/16 05:39:49
    Wesloco
    +1
    Care to elaborate?

2014/08/02 00:34:19