Why Obama will lose in a landslide

Birthpangs 2012/06/20 18:58:58

Wayne Allan Root is a former Libertarian Vice-Presidential nominee and a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Root states up front that he won’t vote for either Obama or Romney. Being a Libertarian, his first choice is Ron Paul, but since Paul is not running as a third-party candidate, Root’s going to vote for Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson. Even so, Root thinks Romney will win in a landslide.

He presents some interesting historical facts that he says point to “a resounding Romney victory.” In 1980, Root points out, “Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is right now running even in polls.” Root offers the following on popular voting blocks to back up his landslide claim:

1. Black voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. His endorsement of gay marriage has alienated many black church-going Christians. He may get 88% of their vote instead of the 96% he got in 2008. This is not good news for Obama.

2. Hispanic voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. If Romney picks Rubio as his VP running-mate the GOP may pick up an extra 10% to 15% of Hispanic voters (plus lock down Florida). This is not good news for Obama. [Editor's Note: Obama’s latest immigration ploy could affect the Hispanic vote. How Romney responds will make a difference.]

3. Jewish voters. Obama has been weak in his support of Israel. Many Jewish voters and big donors are angry and disappointed. I predict Obama’s Jewish support drops from 78% in 2008 to the low 60s. This is not good news for Obama.

4. Youth voters. Obama’s biggest and most enthusiastic believers from 4 years ago have graduated into a job market from hell. Young people are disillusioned, frightened, and broke — a bad combination. The enthusiasm is long gone. Turnout will be much lower among young voters, as will actual voting percentages. This not good news for Obama.

5. Catholic voters. Obama won a majority of Catholics in 2008. That won’t happen again. Out of desperation to please women, Obama went to war with the Catholic Church over contraception. Now he is being sued by the Catholic Church. Majority lost. This is not good news for Obama.

6. Small Business owners. Because I ran for Vice President last time around, and I’m a small businessman myself, I know literally thousands of small business owners. At least 40% of them in my circle of friends, fans and supporters voted for Obama 4 years ago to “give someone different a chance.” I warned them that he would pursue a war on capitalism and demonize anyone who owned a business…that he’d support unions over the private sector in a big way…that he’d overwhelm the economy with spending and debt. My friends didn’t listen. Four years later, I can’t find one person in my circle of small business owner friends voting for Obama. Not one. This is not good news for Obama.

7. Blue collar working class whites. Do I need to say a thing? White working class voters are about as happy with Obama as Boston Red Sox fans feel about the New York Yankees. This is not good news for Obama.

8. Suburban moms. The issue isn’t contraception; it’s having a job to pay for contraception. Obama’s economy frightens these moms. They are worried about putting food on the table. They fear for their children’s future. This is not good news for Obama.

9. Military Veterans. McCain won this group by 10 points. Romney is winning by 24 points. The more our military vets got to see of Obama, the more they disliked him. This is not good news for Obama.

Add it up. Is there one major group where Obama has gained since 2008? Will anyone in America wake up on election-day saying “I didn’t vote for Obama 4 years ago, but he’s done such a fantastic job. I can’t wait to vote for him today”? Does anyone feel that a vote for Obama makes their job more secure?

• Stardust 2012/06/21 12:07:09
  • Walt 2012/06/21 12:02:58
    Down down down he goes
    Walt
    +1
    Add 0bama's coordination of Operation Fast and Furious to the list and (blub-blub-blub), he's sunk!
  • Obama Failed Soda Head Chie... 2012/06/21 10:55:23 (edited)
    Other
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    I think it' will be just like 2000, Liberal are not done stuffing the ballot box
  • Birthpangs Obama F... 2012/06/21 11:37:25
  • Obama F... Birthpangs 2012/06/21 11:47:22
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +2
    you know there going to try, lol!
  • Birthpangs Obama F... 2012/06/21 15:08:15
  • Obama F... Birthpangs 2012/06/21 15:10:34
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +1
    You bet!
  • mwg0735 2012/06/21 10:49:48
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/06/21 06:39:52
    Down down down he goes
    Charles R. Anderson
    +3
    I believe all of the toss-up states now, Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, and Wisconsin will break for Romney. Obama will be in the fight of his life to win Michigan and Pennsylvania. Romney will have a big Electoral College win.

I pretty much agree with everything in this analysis. I will add that black unemployment has been very high and after all this time, their enthusiasm for Obama will mean that many will say they prefer him, but they will not go to the polls. Hispanic unemployment is also very high, so whatever goes on in immigration issues, many of them will vote for the guy who may know how to end chronic high unemployment. Also, a great many people now know that Obama is strongly opposed to fossil fuel development and have seen how this affects jobs and the general health of the economy. With all the potential oil and gas development we could be doing and the clear and spiteful hurt applied to the coal and electric industries, many more people who use energy will vote against Obama.
  • Birthpangs 2012/06/20 18:59:54
  • Walt Birthpangs 2012/06/21 12:05:38
    Walt
    +3
    It will be a tough job, but they're going to have to fumigate after the POS leaves the WH.
  • Eli Joh... Walt 2012/06/22 12:39:37

2014/07/24 20:01:58