Why nowadays teenagers don't believe in God?

alexandra 2010/02/03 12:37:42
i am really curious...people today doubt...and they don't believe 'till they got a real proof...

• Rose saphire 2012/12/27 14:40:21
    Rose saphire
    +18
    I think a lot of teens nowadays don't believe in God because they haven't learned much about faith. Some may say that anything is possible but they don't believe in God. And that doesn't make much sense to me. I think they just don't want to belong to anything so they stop believing in everything. Sure, everyone has their doubts sometimes, but they never stop believing. Most teenagers have to have all the facts and details but, maybe they should just open their minds a little bit, believe, no, allow, everything to be possible. Accept that there's a reason why God doesn't show himself, why there is a big thing called faith. Faith is the thing that everyone should look for, and understanding that you don't have to see everything in order to believe. Some things must stay hidden, and we must understand that that is why we have faith.

• Rose saphire 2012/12/27 14:40:21
    Rose saphire
    +18
  • dkstlyt 2011/12/12 12:11:51
    dkstlyt
    +1
    and to alexandra,you seemed to be thanking grammar-freak christians in this thread.
    and then why does this thread exist? if you only want to hear opinions from the believers then better post this in a christian-ish forum.

and people nowadays always rely on reasonable proof AND THAT'S A RIGHT THING
    like when a stranger says to you "i'm your real father" but a DNA test has mentioned that he isn't,would you believe what that stranger was saying?eventhough there was no proofs from him?

and stop ranting about my grammar,again.im 13,living in a 3rd world country(most of my classmates still believe in god and can't speak english either)
    just because you WESTERNS think that you are all smarter,better,then i'm pretty sure this post will get a negative rating because most of you were WESTERNS,hahaha.

and someone will say "omg this little kiddie thinks he's tough",I DONT CARE
    just because you are older doesnt mean you are smarter.
    let's have an IQ test and see lmao

stupid adults gtfo
  • dkstlyt 2011/12/12 11:57:13
    dkstlyt
    first of all im a 13,i live in a 3rd world country(doesn't mean im living poor/uneducated)
    MOST OF THESE ARE POINTED TO THOSE WHO ALWAYS BLAME HUMANS FOR DISBELIEVING IN GOD,if you are a super believer christian,sit n read please.my post content should MAKE SENSE,don't swear to me just because im 13

I SPOKE EVERYTHING TO THE POINT,dont be such a poetic person because you think im not a native english speaker.

AND the point is,why would you believe in things that doesn't have evidences?
    like seeing reptiles,amphibians,amphibians like frog in my opinion is evolving from a fish-like creature to reptiles,and slowly some will turn into mammals in a few million years,turn into human-like beings.

if we say,GOD created everything,and make miracles when CAMERAS haven't been invented yet,and people are as stupid as early civilized apes,that doesn't make sense.

but hundred years since CAMERAS has been invented,have you seen any evidences of god?nope

i do believe in god but unlike the one who creates human,planets,etc.HELL IS GOD PLAYING SOME KIND OF SIM CITY OR TYCOON GAME?
    if the god itself exists,makes sense,but not the one who creates earth,sky,etc.
    why would we let ourselves be fooled by those from 2000 years ago?are you as stupid as those people in the past?

my post makes sens...

my post makes sense and more towards science,DO NOT say anything doesn't make sense if you want to reply to me.i will ignore them.
    i don't care if you are going to blame me for this,want me to go to hell or blah blah blah.

some adults nowadays are just far dumber than our young teenagers.
    but since adults are better on debating and grammars,guess we can't say anything to adults
  • Red 2010/08/02 22:39:08
    Red
    All can say to the non-believers is "what if your wrong?" For your sake and soul i hope you are right but what if your not?
  • dkstlyt Red 2011/12/12 12:01:01
    dkstlyt
    +2
    Red, you are too poetic,im a non-believer and i can say THE SAME THING TOO
    like this yeah? "All can say to the believers is "what if your wrong?" For your sake and soul i hope you are right but what if your not?"

non-believers have enough evidences but what about you "believers"?
    all you can do is to make some poetic comments towards us.
  • wolfgang 2010/02/08 20:59:38
    wolfgang
    +1
    because of the society we live in. people want visual proof of things. honestly how many teens these days actually care about morals. and also so many people turn other people off by the way they act. to me "religion" is basically rules and regulations. relationship is wanting to act like jesus not cuz we have to but because we want to do what is right.
  • alexandra wolfgang 2010/02/08 21:06:16
    alexandra
    thank you...i was thinking that too...but 'what is right' to us is not the same thing as the unbelievers think
  • wolfgang alexandra 2010/02/08 21:07:19
    wolfgang
    +1
    no but everyone has a sense of what is morally right and morally wrong
  • alexandra wolfgang 2010/02/08 21:09:25
    alexandra
    yes, but if you look at all the answers you'll see that not all
    Because the Human Race is GROWING UP. Process can't be stopped.
  • Angel Of God 2010/02/04 05:45:24
    Angel Of God
    +1
    Teens in. This day and age (generally) are rebelious against their parents so I say unto you in the last days people will turn to their own ways in other words total rebelion of people towards God and anyone else who tries to help them.... This I say unto you as a truth Satan has this WORLD.....yes WORLD in a choke hold and he is pretty much saying serve me or die.....you don't believe me ask my father if you don't believe him then you already work for satan willingly or unwillingly. And if you still don't believe then look at your IDOLS or should I say "favorit music artist". And if you still don't believe try and and escape the system...... That's all I have to say and please accept my brother christ jesus
  • Missing Links 2010/02/04 03:55:17 (edited)
  • ☆Varsha★ 2010/02/03 23:35:26
    ☆Varsha★
    I don't believe in God.. I mostly think it's because teenagers nowadays are thinking more for themselves.
  • Yutt 2010/02/03 22:45:12
    Yutt
    +1
    They are to cool for God. When I was in school me and some friends started a christian club freshman year and at 1st it was just us then we started getting a pastor to come in during lunch and we had a little bible study over the years it grew a little bigger and bigger, but we always had all kinds of other kids laugh at us and crap. I didn't care and neither did the others. I don't think the club is still up anymore since most of us all graduated leaving only like 3 people left in there, but we tried everyone else just really didn't want a part of it.
  • Hailey 2010/02/03 22:39:27
    Hailey
    (my) teen POV- Becasue . i dont want to belive.. i dont want to take that risk in beliving.. so i live for the day.. and for the future..and my reality.
  • rightside 2010/02/03 21:27:37
    rightside
    +1
    There is a lot going on in the world and its the parents responsibility to show their children God.
    But, sadly, some parents don't know God or they are just coming to know Him and don't have the ability to help their children yet.
    As adults, each person is responsible to make their choice. Hopefully, they choose God.
  • alexandra rightside 2010/02/03 21:33:47
    alexandra
    +2
    nice...thank you...i agree with you...but it seems that almost just adults can give a good answer to this question...is so sad that there are a lot of unbelievers...
  • rightside alexandra 2010/02/03 21:38:29
    rightside
    Yup!
  • RANDALL 2010/02/03 21:23:19
  • alexandra RANDALL 2010/02/03 21:27:14
    alexandra
    that's right!nice answer!thank you! i think this is the second good answer for today
  • Ilikechocolatemilk 2010/02/03 18:34:57
    Ilikechocolatemilk
    Religion isn't shoved down childrens' throats as much nowadays.
  • observer 2010/02/03 17:55:55 (edited)
    observer
    Some nowadays teenagers don't believe in God, but the majority probably do. According to the statistics, the Americans today are as religious as ever. I don't know separate statistics on teenagers. However, I don't think that all of them (or even many of them) are distinctly different on this subject from their parents. I see many teenagers participating in religious gatherings.
  • doctorwhofan 2010/02/03 17:47:21
    doctorwhofan
    it's called independent thought
  • RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET 2010/02/03 17:37:05
    RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET
    +1
    i´m teen and i believe in god
  • Nick 2010/02/03 16:52:12
    Nick
    +1
    Brainwashing your kids isn't big in America anymore. Far more parents are non-believers, or at least question their faith, so they don't feel comfortable swearing that it is undeniable fact to their children.

One side note. Morality has little to do with religious beliefs. If fear of punishment is the only thing preventing you from doing another person harm, you are not a moral person...
  • Blonde Rebellion 2010/02/03 16:32:58
    Blonde Rebellion
    hmm..i'm a teenager and i don't really believe in god either..i don't know why most teens don't but i think that may be cause people of my and (your)generation just doubt everything,not only God..
  • alexandra Blonde ... 2010/02/03 16:59:28
    alexandra
    +1
    our generation sucks...no one is happy...no one can be sincere...no one can be devoted to a relation...but there are some exceptions too...
  • Captain Sticky 2010/02/03 15:02:02
    Captain Sticky
    +1
    Not true, plenty of teens attend our church.

People have been complaining about kids and the "younger generation" since complaining was invented by the French.
  • gus 2010/02/03 14:38:33
    gus
    +1
    the truth is simple. values and morals have been put to the side and society has been affected. i know some people right now are going no vthey have not but let me explain. go back 50 years everyone well mostly everyone in a community believed in some form of God, does not have to be the christian god but a god. These kids where brought to church or whatever by their families. kids where not allowed to get out of it. families spent time together talking about values and morals that kids learned through examples that natural had religious ties. These foundations helped cement the kids that their was an higher power thus in a sense insuring that they believe in a God. No lets go to today. Due to the be a friend not a parent trend kids are allowed to get away with alot. internet and tv are virus to their brains if not regulated. Parents dont get their kids involved with the church and barely spend time with their kids. when they do its not parenting but a friend based relationship. Kids begin to rebel for attention and see being an no believer as a avenue to get their parents to be parents. so i have to say the reason alot of teenages are not christian is because their parents failed. PLEASE NOT THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERYONE.
  • alexandra gus 2010/02/03 14:43:52
    alexandra
    +1
    yes...parents have their important role in this...
  • Dennis ... gus 2010/02/03 15:23:30 (edited)
    Dennis C Latham
    +2
    hmmm .. you're only 22 ... you talk like you actually know something ... how can you look back 50 years .. when you have no idea what it was like 50 years ago .. ?

you sound like you are speaking for someone else
    or repeating something someone else said .... and didn't get it all ..
  • Matthew... Dennis ... 2010/02/03 16:39:12
  • Dennis ... Matthew... 2010/02/03 16:48:27 (edited)
    Dennis C Latham
    +1
    it happens some times .... specially when a angry person comes to anothers blog and puts immature crap on it .........

in other words ? he crapped on my blog ... now I will make sure he doesn't do it again.

Since gus and I are on equal terms now ......
    I am glad of this .... all due to a misunderstanding to what seems ..

some prick - left a nasty comment on a good blog
    and I responded to him because I knew this prick

but Gus didn't know I knew him.
    So I hope who ever reads this - understand ......
  • gus Dennis ... 2010/02/03 17:34:01
    gus
    +1
    I still going to pray for you though
  • Dennis ... gus 2010/02/03 21:57:17
    Dennis C Latham
    +1
    it's all good now .. I'm glad we have a good understanding now ....
  • gus Matthew... 2010/02/03 17:26:24
    gus
    and i am the imature one
  • Matthew... gus 2010/02/03 17:37:22
    Matthew Kirshner
    Yes, you are the immature one.

You're 22 and still calling people punk in one breath, then claiming you'll pray for them in the next. You're no Christian. You're a coward hiding behind dogma.
  • alexandra Matthew... 2010/02/03 19:10:28
    alexandra
    i like you...you are so sincere...
  • Matthew... alexandra 2010/02/03 19:16:32
    Matthew Kirshner
    "Sincere?" In what way? I'm moved by your choice of words! :)
  • alexandra Matthew... 2010/02/03 19:30:41 (edited)
    alexandra
    i don't know...you are realistic and i like how you stand out in relief with your comments...for them you are like a pain in the ass...:)
    i like how you shut them mouths :))

2014/07/29 02:50:51