Why isn't the term 'Bubba' considered a racial slur?

The Gov-Here to help BN362 2011/06/16 01:14:32

when i am telling a joke and make a reference to a

1) Black person and I say 'Tyrone'- that's considered racist.

2) Asian person and I say 'Chang' - that's considered racist

3) Indian person and I say 'Habib - that's considered racist

4) Native American and I say 'Chief' - that's considered racist

So why again is it not considered racist to reference a white man by the term Bubba? Please enlighten me someone,because the logic just isn't there.

• Nick 2011/06/16 01:27:13
    Nick
    +3
    I've never actually heard it used for any white man. I've just heard it for a generic name for a white man in prison.
    Anyways: No one cares about anything that would be considered "racist" towards white people. Probably because they believe that they discriminate against other races so much or enough that they shouldn't get sympathy or acknowledgment if there are others being some form of racist toward them.

Feel free to agree or disagree. I'm just giving my opinion.

• rustyshackelford 2011/06/16 03:15:48
  • The River Rat 2011/06/16 01:32:07
    The River Rat
    +2
    In the south, "bubba" is considered to be an endearing term and slang for brother. Whites tend not to be offended by any tearm that is applied to them. Call me cracker, bubba, whitey, redneck or any other non-cuss terms. You aren't going to hurt my feelings. Minorities have thin skin. The fact that any term is considered raciest is just some PC crap. The Democrats and the likes of Jesse Jackson ans Al Sharpton have made a living off of this type on race baiting for years.
  • The Gov... The Riv... 2011/06/16 01:36:43
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    I didn't ask if it hurt your feelings.. I asked why it isn't considered racist.
  • Nick The Riv... 2011/06/16 07:27:19
  • Nick 2011/06/16 01:27:13
    Nick
    +3

• The Gov... Nick 2011/06/16 01:37:21
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Yes, people do care.. Racism is racism regardless who it is directed towards.
  • Nick The Gov... 2011/06/16 01:55:50
    Nick
    +1
    Fair enough. That was just my input.
  • The Gov... Nick 2011/06/16 01:58:52
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    I appreciate it.
  • Nick The Gov... 2011/06/16 02:04:02
    Nick
    +1
    :)
    For the record I like your profile picture.
  • The Gov... Nick 2011/06/16 02:10:05
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Thank you Nick.. I like your hair. :)
  • Nick The Gov... 2011/06/16 02:14:48
    Nick
    +1
    No problem. And Thanks :) My hair was very faded though. :/
  • The Gov... Nick 2011/06/16 02:18:56
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    I still like it.. Makes me ponder my youth. I used to have hair of every color but that was decades ago. It would be silly now. I like it when people take advantage of their youth. One day you get older and you just look silly. XD
  • Nick The Gov... 2011/06/16 02:27:53
    Nick
    +1
    Yeah, very true...
  • Robert ... The Gov... 2011/06/16 02:59:44
    Robert F. Koscinski
    I disagree.
  • The Gov... Robert ... 2011/06/16 04:50:11
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    It really doesn't matter if you disagree. I can look up the meaning of the word racism and it doesn't say.. unless it is directed towards a white person..

rac·ism   

–noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

-----------------------------...
    maybe you have another definition of racism
  • Robert ... Nick 2011/06/16 02:59:23
    Robert F. Koscinski
    +1
    Very well spoken, Nick. I agree with you.
  • Nick Robert ... 2011/06/16 03:08:44
    Nick
    +1
    Thank you.
  • Robert ... Nick 2011/06/16 03:13:09
    Robert F. Koscinski
    +1
    It infuriates me that one group can get away with saying things another group can't. I also don't think it is right that a certain group can get away with this because of past oppression. Everyone is pretty much equal now and that is how it is. I am all for fair is fair and we kind of have that now. I think that maybe there has been a reversal now and that is not fair.
  • Nick Robert ... 2011/06/16 03:37:49
    Nick
    +2
    I understand what you're saying, but I can also understand the mostly uncared for racism due to past oppression, though. I think that the people that don't really care about reverse discrimination are on more of "an eye for an eye" basis, which makes sense, technically. Where it's along the lines of "They were racist to you, so you be racist right back." Also, when it come to the equality portion, I think [most] everyone wants to be equal though were not really, but I think that because of such things as affirmative action, the naacp, etc. I don't really care for those systems because they're basically saying, "Hey, we're not equal, and we're helping those oppressed in the past because we think they're just as oppressed today." If those were gotten rid of and it basically turns to survival of the fittest, everyone thrown into the deep end, then I think it would be equal.
  • Robert ... Nick 2011/06/16 03:41:11
    Robert F. Koscinski
    +1
    True....
  • Nick Robert ... 2011/06/16 03:43:31
    Nick
    +1
    Thanks.
  • Robert ... Nick 2011/06/16 03:46:56
    Robert F. Koscinski
    +1
    Your intelligence is awesome. You have a bright future!!!
  • Nick Robert ... 2011/06/16 03:50:07
    Nick
    +1
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
  • Robert ... Nick 2011/06/16 03:55:54
    Robert F. Koscinski
    +1
    I only speak the truth!!
  • Nick Robert ... 2011/06/16 03:58:26
    Nick
    +1
    Fair enough. That seems like a solid plan.
  • The Gov... Nick 2011/06/16 04:44:52
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    You are correct.. we are 'created' equal.. Outcome is not equal. Our Constitution doesn't guarantee it either. This is where most are confused. This creates mediocrity.

Eye for an eye is not a base in our beliefs as a country. Ghandi even stated.. Eye for an eye just makes the whole world blind.

I do care about racism. No matter who it is directed towards. The majority of whites in this country today have NOT oppressed anyone. If people continue to live in the past we will never move on. Whites may have enslaved people in this country but it was also whites who set them free. Blacks also owned slaves here.

Left wing ideologues try to make minorities in this country feel like they are owed something to cause revolution to change this country from it's foundation which happens to be the freest country ever in the history of man.. Ironically it was the Democrats who were for slavery during the Civil War.

We also only enslaved 5% of the african slaves, the rest were enslaved by europe and africa and the middle east. Not that this makes it better but people act like we have been the only people ever in the history of man to have slaves.. All have been slaves.. Even whites were slaves in this country. They were also predjudiced against.
  • Nick The Gov... 2011/06/16 06:00:29
    Nick
    Just an overall thing: I think we're both looking at this just a bit differently. I'm not saying either one of us are wrong. I'm not saying I'm supporting the racism or anything, but there is a subtle difference on how we are both looking at this situation. I think that is making the difference on how we are replying to this, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I can't even figure out how to finish explaining myself, so I guess I'll go on to the reply.

Ok, we already agree on the first part.

I'm not saying that this is a prominent a base for this country, but it is underlying, kind of like it's there but people don't notice it's there. What I mean is that if someone was getting violent or overly, negatively verbose towards someone else, a majority wouldn't take the passive route out in that situation, they would get (respectively) violent and verbal back.

I know that most whites have not oppressed, but when I was talking about "They were racist you, be racist back.", I was going on the perspective of someone thinking that since whites WERE discriminating in the past, they might as well level the playing field now in the present. I'm not agreeing with said person, just using them as an example. I also know and don't deny that whites set the slaves free and some blacks owned th...

Ok, we already agree on the first part.

I know that most whites have not oppressed, but when I was talking about "They were racist you, be racist back.", I was going on the perspective of someone thinking that since whites WERE discriminating in the past, they might as well level the playing field now in the present. I'm not agreeing with said person, just using them as an example. I also know and don't deny that whites set the slaves free and some blacks owned them too, but in all fairness, the blacks owned slaves to try and make themselves seem equal to the whites.

Yeah, true. I also agree with that, and I even found that same thing ironic. Maybe the Democrats have those systems going to try to make up for their past compressions. (Don't take that last bit into too much consideration, whether for agreement or argument, because I literally just started thinking about that and therefore would have no evidence. It was just a thought.)
    I also don't deny this part, but I think there weren't too many white slaves at all. White indentured servants: yes.
    White slaves: I don't believe so, but I may be wrong, and if so, my bad.

Once again, this is just my opinion, and feel free to agree or disagree.

2014/04/25 08:28:48