Why is this that Atheist always protest against Christianity but never against others religions, Santa Claus, Halloween, witchcraft rituals or sue over others muslims festival, unholy event or belief? Just curious. What are your thought?

Pete 2013/09/12 15:33:36

• Ethan Owens 2014/03/29 01:11:17
    Comments as you wish......
    Ethan Owens
    actually atheist do protest those things to.
  • Joe Finsternis 2013/09/15 01:05:16
    Comments as you wish....
    Joe Finsternis
    Santa Claus is a symbol of giving. And Halloween is just plain fun. I don't believe either of those constitute as religions, either. I know that the definition of Halloween is holy evening, but when did you ever see a Halloween church?
  • ☽✪☾Godd... Joe Fin... 2013/09/15 14:07:10
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    Halloween is Samhain, a pagan Sabbat.
  • Pete Joe Fin... 2014/03/29 15:11:00
    Pete
    I haven't seen a Halloween church but I have seen a gay church. Now that is scary!....LOL!
    PBWY
  • Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO 2013/09/15 00:47:47
    Comments as you wish......
    Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO
    I... I've got nothing.
  • M.C 2013/09/14 20:02:23 (edited)
    Comments as you wish......
    M.C
    there are plenty of atheists that protest the muslim religion, how many times have you seen this? imagine no religion also why would anyone protest santa claus, or halloween or witchcraft rituals?
  • No One 2013/09/14 18:18:40
    Comments as you wish......
    No One
    What we protest against is how people shove their religion down our throats and most of us Atheists live in cultures where Christianity is the dominant religion and so has the most influence on our lives.
  • Kathleen No One 2014/04/19 23:05:19
  • Heather 2013/09/14 17:34:48 (edited)
    Comments as you wish......
    Heather
    In America, Christians are the majority. They are the ones we encounter the most often and the one that are more likely to have their morals and values affect the political system. There are plenty of atheists who protest other religions as well, but those religions do not affect their lives in the same way because the other religions are in the minority. Also, there are many other religions that do not try to convert or push there religions on others here in the US like the Wiccans or Biddhists.

As for why we do not protest Santa Claus, he does not come with dogma. People accept that he is fictional and he is not connected with religion. I am not asked to believe in him, or worship him, or that I will be punished if I don't. Halloween is commercial to us, like Christmas, just there to have fun. Halloween does not push a religion or set of beliefs. Witchcraft rituals, how often does anyone encounter those here in the US? And how do their rituals affect me?

When have atheists sued because Christians were holding a festival or holy events? If it is not government funded on public property, atheists don't care. Does not matter what religion it is, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or otherwise. An atheist is not going to sue Muslim festivals or events unless they are...

When have atheists sued because Christians were holding a festival or holy events? If it is not government funded on public property, atheists don't care. Does not matter what religion it is, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or otherwise. An atheist is not going to sue Muslim festivals or events unless they are violating the law.

So, just to sum up. It is not that we are only protesting against Christianity. Christianity just happens to be more present in our lives. Many atheists used to be Christians, so much of their family is Christian, it is something we deal with everyday. We are trying to protect ourselves from 'tyranny of the majority'.

Also, I would be happy to answer any other questions you have as well, so feel free to ask.
  • Cal 2013/09/13 02:17:36
    Comments as you wish......
    Cal
    +1
    They are hypocrites. Nothing new.
  • Zuggi 2013/09/12 18:47:22 (edited)
    Comments as you wish......
    Zuggi
    +3
    Because only Christians have the power to oppress people in America.
  • peggy 2013/09/12 16:19:44 (edited)
    Comments as you wish......
    peggy
    Okay
  • Fae~the... peggy 2013/09/12 16:38:51
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    +1
    What on earth does this question have to do with Obama?

I fear you are suffering from Obamaphrenia.
  • peggy Fae~the... 2013/09/12 18:37:35 (edited)
    peggy
    Ok
  • Fae~the... peggy 2013/09/12 18:47:44
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    Yes, it is as I feared. You are infected with it.
  • peggy Fae~the... 2013/09/12 19:22:05
    peggy
    Fool
  • Fae~the... peggy 2013/09/12 19:30:38
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    Lol.
  • Zee Black 2013/09/12 16:07:39
    Comments as you wish......
    Zee Black
    +2
    Atheists don't believe in any religion. That is the point. The only reason you think they are only against Christianity, is because that is YOUR religion.
  • Pete Zee Black 2013/09/12 16:13:46
    Pete
    I have no religion. Why? Because religions are man-made. I only have the Words of God which is the Holy Bible and I just happen to be one His follower......PBWY
  • Willski Pete 2013/09/12 16:20:53
    Willski
    +1
    I feel compelled to point out that the words of the bible have been translated repeatedly, and near constantly edited throughout the ages.
    Even if they started as the word of god (which by the way, only the old testament could be, we know the human authors for much of the new testament) it's been changed so much that most of the original meanings have been twisted to suit man, or changed or removed completely.
  • Pete Willski 2013/09/12 16:29:15
    Pete
    I do not worry of man twisting words or edited the Holy Bible because I have God Words in my heart that no man can twisted, edited or change.... PBWY
  • Willski Pete 2013/09/12 16:32:05
    Willski
    Your words: "I only have the Words of God which is the Holy Bible"
    The words of the holy bible, that was written and edited by man.
  • Pete Willski 2013/09/12 16:39:11
    Pete
    I am sorry, let me clarify this for you. I meant Spiritually Words of God. In other words God live in me every day. He guide me and help me in every way. You see, God is Spirit and for those who are not in the Spirit get very frustrated.
    PBWY
  • Zee Black Pete 2013/09/12 16:37:56
    Zee Black
    +1
    The bible was written by humans.
  • Pete Zee Black 2013/09/12 16:42:30
    Pete
    Yes, and they were called Disciple. But these Disciple were in the Spirit....PBWY
  • Zee Black Pete 2013/09/12 17:11:29
    Zee Black
    They were flawed men, no different than you or I. Except we now understand more science than they did.
  • Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET 2013/09/12 15:50:15
    Comments as you wish......
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    +6
    LOL because Christians already have that covered. :D

lol christians covered
  • Cal Fae~the... 2013/09/13 02:21:06
    Cal
    This is woefully ignorant of history. The members of small town of Salem where the witch trials happened we're not Christians at all. They believed in Calvinism - which was a split off of a split off of a split off from Christianity. We call such groups today cults. Please study history.
  • Fae~the... Cal 2013/09/13 05:18:21 (edited)
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    +3
    Please study the inquisition, and what qualified you as a "heretic " or witch. You limit yourself by only doing American history. Please don't try to educate me when you haven't a clue.

Also it was meant tongue in cheek, but it is woefully ignorant of history to ignore the inquisition and Mary Tudor's Bloody reign.
  • Cal Fae~the... 2013/09/13 06:07:58 (edited)
    Cal
    Someone that cannot admit they we're wrong about history on SodaHead. Real shocker. (Can you hear the sarcasm in my typing?)

I'm not educating you at all, and I do have a clue, perhaps you should have Google'd your assertion if you didn't want to be called out on your history. It's not my fault it's wrong and it's not my fault you didn't study your point before hand.

It's also woefully ignorant and childish to change the topic and then scorn the person replying to you. It's also trolling but whatever.

I hope you provide a mature response back. Take responsibility.
  • Fae~the... Cal 2013/09/13 15:15:56
    Fae~the wicked faerie of PHAET
    +2
    What part of History am I mistaken about? I would like you to explain the inquisition, the reign of Mary Tudor, and Prince Phillip of Spain.

Thanks.
  • M.C Cal 2013/09/14 19:57:00
    M.C
    the bible says to kill witches.
  • zbacku M.C 2013/09/15 22:22:29
    zbacku
    Read the New Testament. It now says 'love your enemies'.
  • Bocephus 2013/09/12 15:44:57
  • Zee Black Bocephus 2013/09/12 16:09:53
    Zee Black
    I find it interesting that you refer to God as "Him". If you think about how Gender has played a role throughout time, you will come to the conclusion that you have bought into something that is fictitious based on human understanding at the time of existence and wrought with the human condition.
  • Bocephus Zee Black 2013/09/12 17:00:02
  • Zuggi Bocephus 2013/09/12 18:48:27
    Zuggi
    lol
  • Willski 2013/09/12 15:40:22
    Comments as you wish....
    Willski
    +3
    They protest against the dominant religion of the area. You live in a largely christian (by population) country, so you see more anti-Christian behaviour, because there's be no point in them 'fighting' Hinduism, a group smaller and less influencial than them.

Go to a Muslim country, you'll see atheists against muslims, hindu country atheists against hindus. If you go to an atheistic country, you'll see religious groups against atheism.
    Oh, and I use the word 'against' rather loosely throughout this comment.
  • zbacku 2013/09/12 15:35:05
    Comments as you wish......
    zbacku
    +3
    Because the rest don't matter. TRUTH is what Atheists hate.
  • Zee Black zbacku 2013/09/12 16:06:41
    Zee Black
    +1
    HA, that is funny. Truth? You can;t handle the truth,

2014/11/27 23:03:50