Why is there so much race baiting going on SH lately; are people this petty?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/04/06 16:54:49
Yes, explain
No, explain
Other

I’ve seen a
lot of petty people on this site lately and the race baiting has multiplied.
Some may imply it’s mostly Conservatives or Liberals; quite frankly it’s both.
Inane questions like “What if a White person said this?” It seems people really
don’t have anything better to do; stirring the pot and racial bigotry must be
some people goal on here. If you purposely search for stories to prove how most
of a certain group is this or that; you’re pretty pathetic. If you purposely
imply a whole group of people is a certain way, because of a comment made by
one individual; you have no logic.

Just some of
the comments that have amused me on here; some people really do have a group
think mentality.

“Blacks are
really losing my support.”

“Most White
Southerners and Conservatives are bigots.”

“I wish for
the day when Blacks will become superior like Asians.”

“Most
Mexicans are illegals.”

Even the
party toting remarks are disturbing.

“Most Libs
are looking for entitlements, and are on welfare.”

“Most
Conservatives are racist bigots and heartless.”

The funny
thing is; I have yet to meet a person who is Conservative on every single issue
or Liberal on every single issue. This is the problem with group think; I’m
sure this post will fall on death ears for some.

• Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/04/06 17:36:39
    Yes, explain
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +11
    I have been noticing this as well. And if you reply with the fact that you think it is wrong, no matter the color of who said it, they tell you, you are missing the point.

I don't think people in general are this petty, but I do think the Sodahead, or maybe the anonymity of the internet seems to bring out the worst in some people.

• Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/25 03:03:45
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    "So U R the only hypocrite around here in your attempt to lead a lynch party against a Hispanic man for defending himself against a teenaged black thug.".

A Black thug?.A revealing conclusive verdict on your behalf for a start.

But why wasn't Martin defending himself when he attacked Zimmerman,but Zimmerman wasn't threatening and attacking Martin which led to Martins death?.So when a guy stalks you and you challenge him and he pulls out a gun and points it at you(if he gets that far)and you try to stop him by attacking him,the stalker is in his rights to pull the trigger and shoot you?.

Ya just blew your cover as far as I am concerned,-tho ignorance may stand in your defense.But anyway,one last point;

Democrat politicians are responsible for racists in the South?.Well that figures-you would say that,but we both know thats BS and that you are continuing to take the responsibility and guilt of individual racists away from them,therefore protecting them as in principal with Zimmerman.

Democratic politicians now make people racist,so its not the fault of racists for being racist?.That figures.Just one question; Why would Democratic politicians use their ESP and magical talents to manipulate the minds of people to make them racists and therefore cause American voters to vote against the...

Democratic politicians now make people racist,so its not the fault of racists for being racist?.That figures.Just one question; Why would Democratic politicians use their ESP and magical talents to manipulate the minds of people to make them racists and therefore cause American voters to vote against them?.Oh of course-me silly,-you reckon most Americans are racist and therefore its a Democratic political tactic using their supernatural powers to help make them more popular by being racist.Makes sense.

But wait, theres another possibility; Because in the 19th century the Democrats who were Conservative and were supporters of Slavery,its the Democrats today who cause people to be ignorant and racist today especially in the South because they dont want any voters in the North anyway!?.LMAO.

So when having to make a choice between American Africans and Hispanics you choosing Hispanic is the better option for you, thinking that will cover you up from being what you are.Well as far as I am concerned,you failed.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/25 07:51:49
    Soundstorm
    You sound so race obsessed yourself that you're barely coherent.

Why wasn't Martin defending himself when when he was attacking Zimmerman? Because he was too busy attacking Zimmerman obviously. Are you logic impaired somehow? How do you know Zimmerman was stalking Martin? Do you have all the facts of the case? You're the only one blowing your cover on your ignorance and bias.

The South was virtually a Republican free zone throughout the Jim Crow era. The only BS is yours.

Today's Democrats run on race baiting, affirmative action and reparations to play to minorities and guilty white liberals. Democrats are and have always been the only politicians that exploit race for political gain.

The Democrats in the 19th century were populists who mixed popular eugenicist theories in with their traditional customs. Their ideas were a major deviation from the ideals of individual liberty that founded this nation. They had nothing to do with Conservatism.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 01:31:34
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    "You sound so race obsessed yourself that you're barely coherent.".

Typical comment reaction of a racist responding to the exposure of his racist personality when confronted by anti racist and civil rights advocates and the rest of your comments are tuned to that source.You have to live with yourself not me.Much luck.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 01:40:17
    Soundstorm
    You have to live with your delusional ignorance along with the racists in your party.

Copying my statements to avoid debating them is a telling sign of simple mindedness I'm increasingly seeing among SodaHead liberals.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 02:05:51
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Now the desperate and pathetic race spin card attempt

Your comments are public and so are mine.End of story.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 02:09:38
    Soundstorm
    Mine are public and yours are pathetic.

What race spin card attempt? You guys see racial spin everywhere! Get help!
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 02:20:09
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    "You have to live with your delusional ignorance along with the racists in your party."
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 20:48:51
    Soundstorm
    Polly wanna cracker? I guess you're too mentally drained to conceptualize your own original statements at this point. No wonder you're clueless and easily manipulated by the truly racist left.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 21:10:13
    Sir Bud.
    Right,socialism is anti social and Conservatism is social.Much luck with that.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 21:18:16
    Soundstorm
    It sounds like you don't even know what the two ideologies stand for. As if you were an elementary student trying to comprehend things way above your grade level. Maybe you should spend more time in the entertainment and fun categories where you won't so easily embarrass yourself.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 21:22:23
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    No sense of humor or just pretending not to have?.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/27 01:20:41
    Soundstorm
    If that was your attempt at wit maybe entertainment and fun wouldn't be a good idea for you either. Zing!
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/27 14:32:59
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    I do not need to repeat the question, you understood.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/28 19:40:05
    Soundstorm
    You have no legitimate question that needs repeating or any point to make.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/25 01:52:40
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Lets treat the cause and not split hairs over the consequences.And when people like you would spend as much time and effort to support and speak out against racism as they do to talk about"race baiting"there might be less of it.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/25 07:58:22 (edited)
    Soundstorm
    'People like me' DO speak out against racism and race baiting. The question is what are people like YOU doing about the blatant racial exploitation emitting from yourselves? Like this example from the mayoral race in Monroe, Louisiana.

Monroe Race Baiting

And this:
    Monroe Campaign
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 20:52:52
    Soundstorm
    Hey, pay attention! This is what the Democrats always campaign on. Race baiting, class war hatred and dividing American citizens in order to exploit their fears and resentments. You belong to the torch and pitchfork party.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 21:11:14
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Racism can divide not the move to stop it.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/26 21:20:47
    Soundstorm
    And I get labeled a racist all the time for trying to stop it. The Democrats have too much of a vested interest in keeping the racial hatred going.
  • Sir Bud. Soundstorm 2012/04/26 21:37:40
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    So far it seems to me that you make more effort to crusade against those trying to stop racism than against those who support it and more concerned to use racism as a bridge to get your political views up front.
  • Soundstorm Sir Bud. 2012/04/27 01:30:10
    Soundstorm
    Doesn't crusading against people like Spike Lee, Farakhan, Al Sharpton and the New Black Panthers who want to lynch a "white hispanic" without a trial count as trying to stop racism? Aren't THEY the ones who are using racism to get their political views up front by exploiting this incident?
  • Boo 2012/04/10 16:53:28
    Yes, explain
    Boo
    +1
    Unfortunately, many of the partisans on SH are guilty of race baiting on both sides. I am offended when someone assumes because I am a political conservative that I must also be a racist. I have experienced this from time to time since the late 1960s. It is always wrong, but there seems to be no way to convince those who are stirred by liberal retoric for their own purposes. It's sad, because it keeps us all from coming together to work towards solutions to our nations problems.
  • Nimara 2012/04/08 19:08:40
    Yes, explain
    Nimara
    +2
    “Blacks are
    really losing my support.” lol wow...I didn't know I had someone's support because of my race to begin with.

Yes, most people are petty and always will be. Why? I honestly don't know. Why waste my time trying to figure it out? Ohhhhh, that would make be petty if I did that. I don't want to be like those people. :3
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2012/04/08 17:49:03
    Other
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +2
    Because a minority of people post questions like that doesn't make them a majority and never will.

I delete that type of question and move on.
  • Glfer65 2012/04/08 15:14:29
    Yes, explain
    Glfer65
    +2
    Blacks have a long history here and in African nations. What many people fail to realize is blacks also had black slaves in their part of the world. They even sold them to those who came over to our country and sold them to white people here.

Since then white people have been hating colors and have been passing it down to future generations. Makes me sick knowing these people actually believe blacks do not deserve the same respect as whites.

That being said we also have blacks who still feel we owe them for the time slavery and segregation was around and some even feel they owed financial compensation. This in no way is a slam to the blacks but merely the truth.

The time has past and is gone now we must forge new ground and unite as MLK wanted to show that we can be together in arms as brothers and sisters. Truly MLK was a light that was taken too soon.

Point of this is we have a lot of growing up to do.
  • Latti I... Glfer65 2012/04/08 22:39:05
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    SAMORY TOURE
    King of the Sudan (1830-1900)

The ascendance of Samory Toure began when his native Bissandugu was attacked and his mother taken captive. After a persuasive appeal, Samory was allowed to take her place, but later escaped and joined the army of King Bitike Souane of Torona. Following a quick rise through the ranks of Bitike's army, Samory returned to Bissandugu where he was soon installed as king and defied French exploits in Africa by launching a conquest to unify West Africa into a single state. During the eigthteen year conflict with France, Samory continully frustrated the Europeans with his military strategy and tactics. This astute millitary prowess brought him respect world wide.

DAHIA-AL KAHINA
    QUEEN KAHINA

She fought against the Arab incursion in North Africa where under her leadership Africans fought back fiercely and drove the Arab army northward into Tripolitania. Queen Kahina was of the Hebrew faith and she never abandoned her religion. Her opposition to the Arab incursion was purely nationalistic, since she favored neither Christians nor Moslems. Her death in 705 A.D by Hassen-ben-Numam ended one of the most violet attempts to save Africa for the Africans. She prevented Islam's southward spread into the Western Sudan. After her death the Arabs began to chan...

SAMORY TOURE
    King of the Sudan (1830-1900)

DAHIA-AL KAHINA
    QUEEN KAHINA

She fought against the Arab incursion in North Africa where under her leadership Africans fought back fiercely and drove the Arab army northward into Tripolitania. Queen Kahina was of the Hebrew faith and she never abandoned her religion. Her opposition to the Arab incursion was purely nationalistic, since she favored neither Christians nor Moslems. Her death in 705 A.D by Hassen-ben-Numam ended one of the most violet attempts to save Africa for the Africans. She prevented Islam's southward spread into the Western Sudan. After her death the Arabs began to change their strategy in advancing their faith and their power in Africa. The resistance to the southward spread of Islam was so great in some areas that some of the wives of African kings committed suicide to avoid falling into the hands of the Berbers and Arabs who showed no mercy to the people who would not be converted to Islam.

NEHANDA
    MBUYA(Grandmother) OF ZIMBABWE

When the English invaded Zimbabwe in 1896 and began confiscating land and cattle, Nehanda and other leaders declared war. Nehanda also displayed remarkable leadership and organizational skills at a young age. Though dead for nearly a hundred years, Nehanda remains what she was when alive, the single most important person in the modern history of Zimbabwe. She is still referred to as Mbuya (Grandmother) Nehanda by Zimbabwean patriots.

NZINGHA
    AMAZON QUEEN OF MATAMBA WEST AFRICA (1582-1663)
    A very good military leader who waged war against the slave-hunting Europeans. This war lasted for more than thirty years. Nzingha was of Angoloan descent and is known as a symbol of inspiration for people everywhere. Queen Nzingha is also known by some as Jinga by others as Ginga. She was a member of the ethnic Jagas a militant group that formed a human shield against the Portuguese slave traders. As a visionary political leader, competent, and self sacrificing she was completely devoted to the resistance movement. She formed alliances with other foreign powers pitting them against one another to free Angola of European influence. She possessed both masculine hardness and feminine charm and used them both depending on the situation. She even used religion as a political tool when it suited her. Her death on December 17, 1663 helped open the door for the massive Portuguese slave trade. Yet her struggle helped awaken others that followed her and forced them to mount offensives against the invaders. These include Madame Tinubu of Nigeria; Nandi, the mother of the great Zulu warrior Chaka; Kaipkire of the Herero people of South West Africa; and the female army that followed the Dahomian King, Behanzin Bowelle.

This goes on and on; Black Africans had to fight against the Arabs as well. In the old world, before the invasion of the Middle East and Europe; Africans had peasants, just like everyone else. They had their monarchies and a class system. In this class system; just like in other kingdoms on other continents, color didn't come into play until the New World. The Arabs made it about religious discrimination as the Europeans made it racial.

During the Egyptian, Roman and Greek era; race was never an issue. That was according to the Old World doctrine. In the New World, it went from class to race. Now if you were Black, you were considered lower class by birth. The Western world also brought in Eugenics and pseudo Science/Religion. The Arabs in Swahili as well; they overran the natives, forced them to convert, then laid claim to their land. In addition to trying to claim the natives works of art as their and slavery according to color not class.

But the past and is in the past and we have to come together in order to survive the future.
  • Glfer65 Latti I... 2012/04/09 00:06:52
    Glfer65
    +2
    Man I love it! Great post! People do not realize the history of slaves over there. Even in Rome back then they had white slaves. Sadly we still can't get over the racial tension it almost seems like we are imbedded with it. Thank you for your post.
  • Latti I... Glfer65 2012/04/09 00:19:29
  • SEA Jay 2012/04/08 14:53:42
    Yes, explain
    SEA Jay
    +2
    I can't explain it. If you look at the '50, it seems like race relations have come a long way. There is no race doubt issues still exist today, as this site shows. But I've lived in Maryland, Florida, Texas, and California. NO DOUBT all of those states had racists, especially Texas. But in my workplace and the places I go blacks and whites seem to get along.

There is the same relationships that exists with other groups, Liberal vs Conservative, Democrats vs Republicans and maybe other groups As the question, states people seem to generalize about groups of people far too much. We are all people and there are good and bad people, and some of those that may be considered as bad, it maybe no fault of their own. Lots of people have problems, and they may not air them in public. People coming together, giving,caring, sharing and compassion seems to me a good place to start. Getting there seems to be the the elusive detail
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/04/08 14:14:31
    Yes, explain
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    It's election season, for one thing. Also, Hegel pretty much calls for this type thing to occur, as "change" can only come from "chaos" or crisis, in his opinion. Also consider the possibility of martial law if they can gin up enough hatred to start an actual race war, now that neo-nazis are marching around again. How many hundreds of millions of 40 mm ammo did DHS just order? 1.25 rounds for each man, woman and child in "America"?
  • ronbo51 2012/04/08 12:29:04
    Other
    ronbo51
    +1
    being done by both side of the fence and by some trying to get one or the other 404'd from SH. old tricks new means.
    but have seen it more than once on SH. just wish the media would just ignore the race antagonizers and zero in on the people who do the good for all people instead. but that wouldnt be news~~ they can promote and have viewers watch
  • Uranos7 2012/04/08 04:43:38
    Yes, explain
    Uranos7
    +1
    It's not just race either I think there are almost as many Muslim Bashing sites as race bashing sites.
    A lot of it is the media they are stirring people up to get ratings. But we cannot put all the blame on them because if people did not watch the hatemongering thier ratings would fall and they would be forced to move on to something else.

" There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart; one is love the other is hate. Wich one wins is determined by wich one we feed the most."
    paraphrase of an Indian Proverb
  • Rebecca 2012/04/08 04:31:12
    Other
    Rebecca
    +2
    It's just not Conservative or Liberals...
  • Latti I... Rebecca 2012/04/08 04:37:21
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Agreed.
  • Rebecca Latti I... 2012/04/08 05:32:33
    Rebecca
    +3
    I'm SO tired of people blaming Conservatives and Liberals. You'd think there wasn't anyone else to blame. (If they have to blame.)
    gif blame kitty
  • Chris -... Rebecca 2012/04/08 11:34:11
  • relic 2012/04/08 03:46:02
    Other
    relic
    Gee, wasn't that YOU that asked, "Why do so many Whites hate Blacks?"

That was the ultimate Race Baiting. Is this new question supposed to make you come across as some innocent by-stander?
  • Latti I... relic 2012/04/08 03:49:28
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Seems like you didn't comprehend what I was doing lol. Imitating how inane race baiting questions are that so many posts; in addition to how so many aren't smart enough to condemn such grossly exaggerated statements/questions.
  • SA Latti I... 2012/04/08 21:08:18
  • Latti I... SA 2012/04/08 22:32:22

2014/04/23 17:13:34