Why is there no integrity in the political sphere anymore? Why has intelligent debate been replaced with name-calling and emotionally-charged, group-think shouting matches?

Fred Rogers 2012/08/05 23:21:49

• merlinskiss 2012/08/05 23:45:52 (edited)
    I realized the other two answers were red herrings and decided to provide an ...
    merlinskiss
    Politics in America is big money. It is called corporatism and cronyism. Why has intelligence been replaced with name-calling and emotionality charged group think? Because it works. It divides, polarizes and conquers the sheeple. It's called the dumming down of Americans and sending their luxurious middle class lifestyle to China while the continue to vote for the 525 privileged few in Washington.

Sheeple
  • NPC 2012/08/05 23:39:26
    It's all the other liberals' fault because...
    NPC
    The Liberals cannot run a campaign on the policies and blunders they have made the past 4 years. The Economy sucks, small businesses will not hire with this jerk in the WH and there is no trust in this WH.
  • Transquesta 2012/08/05 23:31:13
    Transquesta
    +2
    There has never been integrity in the political sphere. Politics is about who owns who, and/or who wants to own who. It's the science of slavemasters. People, politicians are NOT 'public servants' unless you mean 'service' in the same context as what a bull does to a cow. They are the scum of the earth who have the unmitigated BALLS to assert the right to own other human beings. There is nothing even remotely 'noble' about politics.
  • JMCC 2012/08/05 23:29:22
    JMCC
    +2
    I am nonpartisan and use my brain...
  • james.bowman.146 2012/08/05 23:28:58
    james.bowman.146
    +2
    Honestly? It is because people stopped asking, "Why?" The diction decreased. People started dumbing down both points, and now the vast majority of people just spew what their parents told them without understanding it. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and most newspapers are all just so full of partisan and explain nothing buy "gaffs."

It's sad.

libertarian
  • historian 2012/08/05 23:27:00 (edited)
    historian
    +2
    It is by design, divide and conquer. Group people together, give them a common goal and then just keep prodding them, as individuals are harder to control. A step in the right direction would be for people to turn off their televisions, as you can get on a site like this and see word for word the exact world-view this team or that's propaganda station is pushing. It's scary sometimes.

Just try turning off the T.V., get on here, read some of the latest political comments repeatedly posted by the same D versus R parrots, then after a few hours, flip on the television, listen to each propaganda station for a few minutes and you will see what I'm talking about. It's eerie.
  • Transqu... historian 2012/08/05 23:32:43
  • Fred Ro... historian 2012/08/06 00:24:17
    Fred Rogers
    +1
    I have done so. It is a little creepy.

2014/10/26 08:44:12