Why is there no freedom FROM religion ?

DutchHeretic Native non-American 2012/03/04 11:55:34
Why does freedom OF religion not include
freedom FROM religion ?
freedom from religion
maybe someone can explain that ???

no religion

• Ceri Cat 2012/03/04 13:11:45
    Ceri Cat
    +4
    But government and religion are meant to be separated, yet every day some new bit of legislation comes in that stinks of religious coercion.

• freespire whitewu... 2012/05/09 12:53:26
    freespire
    don't worry I am sure that will happen too.
  • DutchHe... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/08 17:52:05
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    not my experience ...
  • aneed2know 2012/05/08 10:22:36
    aneed2know
    +1
    I think some people think that if we were free from religion, we would rape, pillage and murder people all so we can take their land and the things they consider to be wealth. Wait isn't that what religion does?
  • whitewu... aneed2know 2012/05/08 14:23:39
  • DutchHe... whitewu... 2012/05/08 18:06:31
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +1
    And the religious loons keep believing in eternal life after death and an invisible man in the sky who gives you two choices, #1 love him and be his slave , or #2 burn for eternity in the fires of hell ...
    And they believe this without ANY form of factual evidence ...
    Now who are the morons ??
  • aneed2know whitewu... 2012/05/09 04:45:20
    aneed2know
    really, let us see. The Crusades, the Exploration of the Americas, the Exploration of Australia, Africa, who did all this, that is right religious groups and what happened once those religious got to each of these areas i am talking about. Go ahead say it, murder, rape and pillage.

So the only moron on this posting so far would be, just by you making that statement proves it.
  • American☆Atheist 2012/05/02 20:20:49
    American☆Atheist
    +2
    i was going to reply to jay's communist comment but he has blocked me (no surprised).

commies also dont believe in santa, just saying
  • Jay Theyme 2012/05/02 09:21:09
    Jay Theyme
    Imagine No Religion

Having said that, what is this religion called 'religion' and is is practiced by 'religionists' who go to a 'religion temple'? Idiots.
  • holyheretic 2012/03/07 13:33:23
  • DutchHe... holyher... 2012/03/07 14:54:28
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +2
    And the most scary to religion
  • holyher... DutchHe... 2012/03/11 01:49:09
  • DutchHe... holyher... 2012/03/11 07:19:11 (edited)
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +3
    unfortunately ? it goes both ways..
    Conscience, Education, Knowledge Logic and reason are our allies against religion ..
    isn't it ?
  • holyher... DutchHe... 2012/03/11 07:43:41
  • freespire holyher... 2012/05/02 11:49:45
    freespire
    +1
    so that just leaves the other 10,000 religions and this includes demonic followers in their faith support that serpent you call Satan. make sure you educate all to stop EVERY form of WORSHIP on ANY level. Praise be to Jehovah for the love and tender mercy he gives to those who give thanks in his name.
  • holyher... freespire 2012/05/06 11:05:55
  • freespire holyher... 2012/05/08 08:42:25
    freespire
    +1
    we will all be judged according to the accounts of our life I did expand upon this in your poll peace brother
  • holyher... freespire 2012/05/08 09:05:19
  • freespire holyher... 2012/05/08 09:29:00
    freespire
    +1
    but the world was destoried by water once their is proof on mountain tops of salt water levels far to high for any wave to reach unless it was under water

now the Jewish God and the Christain God are one in the same.
  • holyher... freespire 2012/05/08 10:19:52 (edited)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... holyher... 2012/05/08 12:59:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    The Bible was written over several hundred years and during most of that time people were illiterate. Biblical stories were told around camp fires, so a reasonable assumption would be that much was lost in translation. Scribes wrote the stories down and added their own twists
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... freespire 2012/05/08 14:41:45
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    (Genesis 1:26) The [Elohim] said, "Let us make humanity in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth." Elohim is a plural word, including male and female, and should properly be translated "Gods" or "Pantheon." (1: 27) The Gods created humanity in the image of themselves, In the image of the Gods they created them, Male and female they created them.

Elohim means GODS and Goddess

the Bible makes many References to multiple Gods and Goddess
    Hades is the Greek God of the underworld

Yahweh Is A Pagan Name of a Pagan MOON GOD
    http://jesus-messiah.com/stud...
    Yaho/Yah/Iao/Yahweh/Jehovah Pagan God a Pagan MOON GOD
    http://jesus-messiah.com/html...

Allah which means Yah is a Pre islamic MOON GOD

The Old and New Testament stories can all be traced back to Ancient Egyptian Pagan Rituals
    http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... freespire 2012/05/08 14:43:26
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    in the Vatican church the very Center of Christianity
    you will Find this
    inverted cross pope
    the Cross is upside down
    inverted cross pope
    inverted cross pope

the God of the old Testment is your Lucifer your Satan
    by worshipping the old testment God your worshipping Satan

since you claim Jesus is the son of the old testment God

in Essence your worshipping Satan
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... freespire 2012/05/08 14:44:49
  • whitewu... DutchHe... 2012/05/08 14:18:07
  • Mandy 2012/03/05 18:47:07
    Mandy
    +2
    I wish this world was free from religion. It only causes unnecessary confusion and violence.
  • freespire Mandy 2012/03/05 20:50:35
    freespire
    +1
    is it Religion or the people who claim things for themslef in the name of Religion?
  • Mandy freespire 2012/03/05 21:39:48
    Mandy
    +2
    Religion. It is completely unnecessary and gets in the way of human harmony.
  • freespire Mandy 2012/03/06 04:10:45
    freespire
    +1
    actually when you look closer at the scriptures and not the words of men you can see Religion is speaking of peace and love not of war far too many people judge Religion by the actions of corupt men and not what the values teach from the scriptures.
  • DutchHe... freespire 2012/03/06 05:41:48
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +3
    Scripture IS the work of man and is speaking of genocide , murdering complete cities if they believe in an other god or no god...
    Come man, everybody knows this exept the bible defenders who seem to be selective readers ..
  • Mandy freespire 2012/03/06 13:45:39
    Mandy
    +1
    All of the positivity people glean from scripture could just as easily be found in the writings of philosophers, and all the good done by religion could be done through completely secular, humanistic means. However, the confusion and animosity that religion causes between different faiths is entirely specific to religion.
  • freespire Mandy 2012/03/06 14:11:49
    freespire
    +1
    I wonder, was it not Religion that bought forth moral values aa few thousand years ago?

was it not Religion that bought forth standard upon which civilaztion is now founded?

was it not Religion that gaves us an understanding of how to build society principles?..... ( laws, Education, Medicene, etc )
  • DutchHe... freespire 2012/03/06 18:11:26 (edited)
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +3
    maybe , but like you said that was a few thoussand years ago, now in this day and age it is outdated and there is time to replace it with knowledge and reason.

**was it not Religion that gaves us an understanding of how to build society principles?..... ( laws, Education, Medicene, etc )**

>>Laws ? the laws were all and only to keep people obedient to the church and the punishment was usualy death, burn the heretics ! drown the witches ! torture and burn alchemists (the first scientists) !

>>Education ? NOOOOO religion was good in suppressing education, keeping the people ignorant , the library of Alexadria was destroyed by christian crusaders and will be remembered as the summit of destruction of knowledge in human history destroyed by the christians
    And supressing quality education is still going on all over the world because education is the enemy of religion

>>Medicine ? the worst epidemics were in the period that the world was completely ruled by religion and were called curses of the devil or the wrath of god ..
    Modern (no religious) medical science eradicated small pox, near but eradicated polio and is still finding cures for same diseases religion has called curses
  • Mandy DutchHe... 2012/03/06 18:30:33
    Mandy
    AMEN! ;)
  • freespire DutchHe... 2012/03/07 02:03:51
    freespire
    so now you have nicely put down the Catholic Church are there any others you would like to show as having acted in such a manner

ps do you mind if I link this to a blog I have on another site where some are saying the KJV is perfect?
  • DutchHe... freespire 2012/03/07 12:05:28
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +2
    I expected that answer, It is not only the catholic church, every abrahamic religion has done this and noa after a relatively calm period it is coming back..
    In all these religions fundamentalist currents have emerged, and they all suppress education and some in a very brutal way
    Modern christian conservatives, they want to get rid of the deparment of education to gain religious power over the schools and make sure their children get religious instead of factual scientific education

All to keep people nice and humble and god fearing , because keeping them ignorant is the way to keep them obedient ..
    In return the churches teaches the followers that they are superiour to other religions and ofcourse to atheism which they descibe as hollow and empty, contributing nothing to society ..
    Without the depatment of education, they are free to dumb-down complete following generations to obedient subjects

I think you mean the King James Version of the bible ?It is just an other version of bronze age tales arround the campfire ...
  • Mandy freespire 2012/03/06 18:29:41
    Mandy
    No, no it wasn't. It was empathetic, courageous, intelligent people. Like I said, no positive thing that has come from religion couldn't have come from secular means.
  • freespire Mandy 2012/05/02 11:55:38
    freespire
    +1
    and you can prove this how?

I mean did man create the Universe?... or the make up of the DNA which all life comes from?.... what about the simplest of life a tree how did that become essenial for the life of other organic forms like Humans?

did Humans design the simboate connect between the planets and their alignments in order for a balance to be maintained within any galaxy?

sorry but i dohave many questions which challenge Humans so called widsom, but by all means I am all ears if you can prove me something other than that which is already known and tested as true so come now lets us draw a pot of tea and learn from each other if we are able.
  • Mandy freespire 2012/05/02 12:57:18
    Mandy
    I don't know the secrets of the universe, but just because humans can't do something, that doesn't prove a god did it. Sometimes the answer to a question is, "We don't know." I know that hard for some people to accept. But I'm not going to accept anything as true without proper evidence.
  • freespire Mandy 2012/05/03 11:08:40
    freespire
    but is that not the whole point one Humans claims one thing another claims something else and all sides claim they can not prove it but say you must believe it just beacause?

the biggest problem I find is many facts have been proved coming from within the Bible like the rise and fall of Babylon now that was pridicted to happen after the death of the prophet who spoke about it. and history proved it true... this one point alone bring wieght tot he bible. .... next we have the finding of the Ark of the covernant again this time it is on video footage I have posted it on www.freespire.multiply.com look under the video tab you will also find others there as well.

what I haven't seen is science step up and prove anythign in the bible false as of yet all their findings have shown the bible as true to date so I ask if this is fact then how can one say the bible is false without any proof to suppourt their claim given others have already shown proof of truth in the bible?

Now I am not saying the bible is 100% truth either given the hand that wrote it, which is why matthew 6:33 was said by Jesus as I am sure you would know well the concept peace
  • Mandy freespire 2012/05/03 12:45:14
    Mandy
    No. Your premise is wrong. I am not making a claim. I'm saying I don't believe yours.
    As for parts of the bible being true, you're correct. There are certainly parts that are true. However, I don't find any convincing prophecies. No one has proven to have found the arc of the covenant. And none of the miracle claims have been proven true.

It is not up to science or anyone else to prove something false. It is up to the person making the positive claim to prove it true. I think therein may lie your confusion.

2014/10/31 21:42:11