Why is The Government Stockpiling Guns, Ammo?

Transquesta 2013/02/04 08:09:26
Disclaimer for liberals: posting an article or op ed for purposes of discussion does not constitute nor should be construed as agreement with the sentiments expressed therein, or support of any facts/data contained therein. If you take issue with the contents of an article/op ed, address the ARTICLE and NOT the messenger.

Caveat lector. Article truncated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo?

Is the U.S. government getting ready for a war we don’t know about?

And, if that’s why Washington is stockpiling massive amounts of ammunition (hollow points, by the way), why is Homeland Security doing the buying instead of the Defense Department?

I have some theories.

Many of you will remember a story I broke a long time ago – about presidential candidate Barack Obama’s little-noticed announcement that, if elected in 2008, he wanted to create a “civilian national security force” as big, as strong and as well-funded as the Defense Department.

Here’s what he actually said at a campaign stop in Colorado July 2, 2008: “We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Could what we see happening now in the Department of Homeland Security be the beginning of Obama’s dream and our constitutional nightmare?

We’ve learned more about Obama’s vision since then. Maybe it’s time for a review:

He made the campaign promise to build this $439 billion domestic army, but all references to the initiative were inexplicably deleted from the copy of his speech posted on his website while others mysteriously disappeared from transcripts of the speech distributed by the campaign. That was strange – and ominous.

At the time, I had never heard anyone use the phrase “civilian national security force” before. But I did a little homework and found out where it originated. It was first proposed by then Bush administration Defense Secretary Robert Gates. On that basis alone, I accurately predicted that, if elected, Obama would name Gates as his own defense secretary. Needless to say, when that appointment came to pass, no media outlet bothered to interview me about my foresight.

Still during the campaign of 2008, I suggested that what Obama had in mind might be something very sinister indeed – perhaps “some kind of domestic Big Brother program.”

We never heard another mention of Obama’s “civilian national security force” again. Not in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012.

But that brings us up to 2013 and the highly unusual stockpiling of firearms and ammo by Homeland Security – firearms and ammo that Obama would like to deny to ordinary citizens who are not members of his domestic army.

Well, I hate to say it, but I may have predicted this, too.

In a Halloween column last fall, I stated that, if re-elected, Obama would “declare a full-scale war on his domestic opposition.”

I wasn’t joking. I was deadly serious – so serious, in fact, that I did something I pledged I would never do: Vote for Mitt Romney. It was a matter of self-defense and self-preservation. I said then that a second term of Obama might mean we would never see another free and fair election in America. (I’m not even sure we saw one in 2012.) I suggested due process would go the way of the horse and buggy. I said I expected Obama would move to shut down or destroy all independent media. I even speculated that his biggest critics would eventually be rounded up in the name of national security.

Think about it.

Why does the civilian Department of Homeland Security need billions of rounds of ammunition?

This is the agency that is responsible for policing the border. But it doesn’t.

This is the agency that is responsible for catching terrorists. But it doesn’t.

So why does Homeland Security need so many weapons and enough hollow-point rounds to plug every American six times?

Maybe this is the “civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” as the Defense Department.

These words – “civilian national security force” – have haunted me ever since I first read them.

Obama has never explained what he meant.

He’s never been called to account for that remark.

Doesn’t this sound like police-state talk to you?

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government-stock...

• Charles R. Anderson 2013/02/04 08:43:48
    The government is preparing to go to war against it's #1 enemy--US!
    Charles R. Anderson
    +9
    Of course it is also trying to price guns and ammo at much higher prices to decrease the ability of the people to buy them. Great socialist leaders are always happy to use force against the People. That is the essence of big government, the use of force in more and more aspects of our lives. The committed socialist is committed to this purpose.

• Samantha Green 2013/02/10 17:29:43
    The government is trying to dry up or otherwise manipulate the guns/ammunitio...
    Samantha Green
    +1
    Try to take everything away
  • dog 2013/02/09 19:45:42
    dog
    +1
    Crowed control
  • D D 2013/02/07 07:18:30
    D D
    +1
    It is also to dry up ammunition stock.
  • GOP Poison 2013/02/06 16:04:04
    GOP Poison
    +3
    It is my sincere hope that one day the paranoid in this country will realize that there are those people that make millions off them through irrational fear mongering. These fear mongers do not need a large audience but rather just a small group of followers.If you have one of these outlets that will allow you to spew your lies and conspiracy theorys and you can attract as little as 300,000 people that will subscribe to your podcasts for 10 bucks a month you will be very very wealthy in a very short period of time.
    What truly amazes me is that when one insane story is de-bunked these followers cannot wait until the fear monger can dream up another one.
    There are always people on here telling me that Obama is shredding the constitution but not HOW he is shredding the constitution. Personally I have every right today that I had the day Obama was elected......Oh wait.....I see....it is what he WANTS to do that frightens you. How do you know what he wants to do? the fear mongers tell you what he wants to do. Pathetic !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Osama McDonalds 2013/02/05 19:50:04 (edited)
    Osama McDonalds
    +5
    NONE OF THE ABOVE

Here is a quote from the article posted:

"Many of you will remember a story I broke a long time ago – about presidential candidate Barack Obama’s little-noticed announcement that, if elected in 2008, he wanted to create a “civilian national security force” as big, as strong and as well-funded as the Defense Department."

I'm pretty sure this story mentioned about Obama building a 'civilian national security force' was debunked and exposed as BS. I should know because I researched it and wrote about it and had to battle 3 other people back in 2009 (on Yahoo Buzz) on this particular story.

In a nutshell, during the 2008 presidential run, candidate Obama, at an election rally, was talking about how, if he was elected, he would want to strengthen and build up the PEACE CORPS and its domestic sister organization AMERICORPS as well as the READY RESERVE CORPS (doctors and healthcare workers). There was a conservative blogger in the audience who took a few key quotes out of context and then interpreted that as 'Obama wanting to build up his own private army' and he blogged about it....and the conservative media got a hold of the story and spread it like wildfire.

So, if the person who wrote this article being mentioned here is the same person and is referring to that 'Ob...

NONE OF THE ABOVE

So, if the person who wrote this article being mentioned here is the same person and is referring to that 'Obama's private army', the the credibility of this current article is QUESTIONABLE.

You can read about it here:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2010...
  • Transqu... Osama M... 2013/02/05 19:55:41
    Transquesta
    +2
    EXCELLENT!!
  • HOMBRE Transqu... 2013/02/06 21:12:38
  • modurhead 2013/02/05 18:12:10 (edited)
    modurhead
    +2
    they like those high capacity mags too just in case there are 30 or 40 of us that need to be put down. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • Jane 2013/02/05 17:30:11
    Jane
    +1
    That would be nice but a better question is why are we still using drones in Afghanistan?
  • Transqu... Jane 2013/02/05 19:39:36
    Transquesta
    +1
    We're still using them because some people need a psychological disconnect between killer and killed. Apparently it's not as bad to kill someone if you do it by remote control.
  • Jane Transqu... 2013/02/06 16:34:59
    Jane
    +1
    Really sick and sad.
  • RobertChristopherLaity 2013/02/05 12:15:27
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +2
    Obama is a Traitor as are his cabal. They intend to take us OUT for the "New World Order" and Muslim Obama's Dar-el-Salam.
  • rbeas 2013/02/05 11:45:04
    rbeas
    +1
    Why is it there are no legitimate articles on this subject. I searched the first 20 pages of google and only found articles from youtube to the endtimes, hardly viable sources.
  • modurhead rbeas 2013/02/05 18:16:33
    modurhead
    +1
    you might have already seen this but this is what got my attention http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • rbeas modurhead 2013/02/05 20:21:42
    rbeas
    +1
    600 rounds of ammo a year for gun toting law enforcement officers got your attention? This is far from 1 billion to 2 billion quoted in some of the articles I saw.
  • modurhead rbeas 2013/02/06 12:33:40 (edited)
    modurhead
    +1
    this is the first articlre i saw on the subject in sep 12 and the fact social security bought 174,000 hollow-point bullets.got my attention
  • rbeas modurhead 2013/02/06 13:39:26
    rbeas
    +1
    Understand, but the article is benign and makes total sense. What does not make sense are the other articles claiming as many as 2 billion rounds of ammo but do not allude to any governmental agency actually purchasing those rounds only that they did. We are still about 2 billion rounds short.
  • Transqu... rbeas 2013/02/05 19:40:06
    Transquesta
    Consider that a hint. :-)
  • rbeas Transqu... 2013/02/05 20:22:46
    rbeas
    +1
    uh-oh have I started something?
  • Transqu... rbeas 2013/02/05 20:27:16 (edited)
    Transquesta
    Nope. The 'hint' concerned the/my 'other' motive for posting this. Consider for a moment that I (not so secretly) might want FUD like this exposed to the light of truth/facts. :-)

A guy comes to you and says he's heard a rumor that the dreaded Ignats are gonna take over the earth. You post that rumor on a site like this HOPING that people will prove it wrong. If they don't, THEN you can start worrying about Ignats. :-)
  • rbeas Transqu... 2013/02/05 20:36:44
    rbeas
    +1
    ah. understand.
  • Transqu... rbeas 2013/02/05 20:41:29
    Transquesta
    Few do. :-)

Truth is, when we don't know the facts, or when the facts are essentially unknowable, some controversies have to be decided on their practical or philosophical merits. There's no way we'll ever know for certain if, that, why, whether or to what degree the government is stockpiling guns and ammunition. It's a matter of concern to us all, though, so the best way to ferret out a grain or two of truth is to battle it out in debate.
  • rbeas Transqu... 2013/02/05 20:45:09
    rbeas
    +1
    its fear porn.
  • D S Transqu... 2013/02/06 03:31:15
    D S
    +1
    So, are they coming? The 'Ignats'?
    All I have is fly paper.
    I should be fine, right?!
  • Transqu... D S 2013/02/06 05:26:25
    Transquesta
    +1
    Dude, you're so TOTALLY doomed. :-)
  • MsDianna 2013/02/05 09:28:47
    MsDianna
    +2
    yes the government is preparing to go to war against it's #1 enemy -- US!
    Lord help us sweet JESUS! Come quick Lord! We need you JESUS!
    God bless America!
  • Butch 2013/02/05 08:47:28
  • wysiwis 2013/02/05 07:10:16 (edited)
    wysiwis
    +3
    Store shelves are bare! Yeah people are stockpiling when they can get something, but too, the store shipments are only trickling in!

Edit: I found this: http://westmoreland.house.gov...

So YES they are stockpiling, and according to the letter, it equals just under 1400 rounds per agent per year for the 65,000 – 70,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS!
  • rasputan 2013/02/05 05:54:29 (edited)
    rasputan
    +4
    Our government agency's are buying a lot of ammo that is suitable for urban door to door action is all I can find any proof of. American's being the only people that they would use it on, is a given, since these agencys do not operate outside U.S. Borders. I have also heard they are only buying the ammo in order to use up their excess funds. Because if they do spend it all, They will have less money allocated to them next year. Why they chose to spend it on Ammo is the Question, and they aren't saying.
  • A Lionheart 2013/02/05 05:15:30
    The government is preparing to go to war against other, external enemies.
    A Lionheart
    +1
    We have the most ridiculous military spending in the world. Maybe they are just trying to justify their budget.
  • RobertC... A Lionh... 2013/02/05 12:17:26
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +2
    Wise up!
  • A Lionh... RobertC... 2013/02/06 03:30:16
    A Lionheart
    +1
    GFYS. Loser.
  • ProVega 2013/02/05 05:06:02 (edited)
    ProVega
    +2
    Where is the "None of the Above" choice?

nun
  • RobertC... ProVega 2013/02/05 12:18:34
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +2
    Obama is the enemy. He is a traitor,spy,fraud and usurper.
  • ProVega RobertC... 2013/02/06 03:59:44 (edited)
    ProVega
    +2
    Why don't you find another country to live in? Oh, maybe you already have? Which country is it?

You see, in this country we have "elections" where the majority rules. When the election is over and we've made our choice, we all support our elected officials.
  • Transqu... ProVega 2013/02/06 05:28:27
    Transquesta
    Great. The left's version of "Amurrrikuh, luv it er leeve it." :-)

FWIW, some of us don't take part in the exercises of mob plunder. We get a pass on the whole 'support your elected officials' business.
  • joseph digristina 2013/02/05 04:50:32
  • Transqu... joseph ... 2013/02/05 07:19:56
    Transquesta
    +3
    Joseph Farah is not 'another' crackpot. He's one of the founding fathers of the crackpot community. :-)
  • RobertC... Transqu... 2013/02/05 12:21:08
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +2
    Wise UP! Obama is a Traitor.
  • Transqu... RobertC... 2013/02/05 19:41:21
    Transquesta
    +3
    That may be, but Farah is still a FUD pumper from way back.

2014/10/23 07:41:18