Why is the American right suddenly pro-Russia?

Cal Woodrow 2013/09/12 04:11:39
I'm proud to be an (conservative, liberal) American!
Russia calls the shots now.
I've always grown up that the knowledge the Russian Federation, particularly, its predecessor, the Soviet Union was a sworn enemy to the United States. Even after the Cold War ended, US policy and posture toward Russia remained hostile; likewise, Moscow has not made it a point to be best friends with the United States either. Why then are so many on the American right praising Russia and President Putin on Syria, and his (blatantly intolerant) domestic policies? Isn't this type of behavior undermining US power and influence in the world? Russia will take a victory over Syria, and President Putin made an "address" to the American people -- it seems like they're the one's in control. So why is the American right (the self-proclaimed "real Americans") in a new found love affair with Putin; Russia isn't any less socialist today than at the beginning of the new federation. I'm an American liberal, by the way.

• deidara.true,art-[SHP] 2013/09/12 04:26:40
    deidara.true,art-[SHP]
    +7
    We are not pro- Russia, we are anti- weakness. we would like Putin,s backbone, in our president

• Oldclaws 2013/09/22 22:02:07
    Oldclaws
    I'm an American and believe in the way it was back when America was young. I been told many times by WW2 vets our last truly good pres was Roosevelt. I tend to agree tho I wasn't there they were and I trust them.
  • Bronzed Krystal 2013/09/16 03:46:00
    Bronzed Krystal
    +1
    I'm a proud american voter not a conservative or liberal just a voter. Putin has experience in dealings with the islamic terrorist, illegals, and forgein diplomacy.. Our president is the exact opposite of Puitn. Obama supports illegals, muslim jihadist, and not good with forgein affairs. I'm not into totalitarianism or communism but Russia is right on some things. Putin did warn the USA about the Boston Bombers activities and no one listened until the attack..
  • LMA 2013/09/16 01:26:15
    LMA
    It is clear to many americans on the right, left, and middle, Up and down too, even side to side, That these wars are about something else. He stopped a fruitless war, well fruitless to the people, great for contractors.
  • Jesse 2013/09/16 01:00:46
    Russia calls the shots now.
    Jesse
    Obama turned decision-making over.
  • Madame Arsenic 2013/09/16 00:52:54
    Madame Arsenic
    Because at this time, Putin's right. Obama has been wrong since he first took office.
  • Rod 2013/09/16 00:48:34
    Rod
    Who gives a crap what anyone thinks anyway. If the U.S, would remain strong then none of this would have happened. Obama is a wuss...
  • roxie 2013/09/16 00:12:13 (edited)
    roxie
    !. Brainless Droolers.

2. Blind Followers.

&

3. Teatards

down arrow Many Follow
  • LMA roxie 2013/09/16 01:30:40
    LMA
    With all due respect a blind follower would be like "Ya merica gonna kick some ass" hillbilly cartoon
    No no more wars, no broken up families, no young men coming home with out arms and legs, 12 years is enough of this crap, Putin stopped it so good for him.
  • roxie LMA 2013/09/17 03:13:33
  • LMA roxie 2013/09/17 18:56:44
    LMA
    +1
    I like pancake bunny, But no whats happening is dumbed down follows quit the opposite, People on the right and left and center and all over the country are beginning to relies these continuous wars are unsustainable, And i don't care who the president is they have all done stuff in the Mid east, Enough is enough. This goes back to WW1 and the formation of Saudi Arabia who is one our closest allies in the region and yet is one of the most oppressive Islamic regimes go figure that one out.
  • Chibi Guru Z 2013/09/15 23:59:01
    Chibi Guru Z
    I haven't heard anyone say that they are actually pro-Russia.
  • Jesse Chibi G... 2013/09/16 01:02:58
    Jesse
    +1
    Obama and Kerry are the only ones that act that way.
  • Simpattyco 2013/09/15 23:44:22
    Simpattyco
    +1
    NAAAAH Just so damn frustrated that Barry is so lame and pussified ... jealous that we don't currently have a real leader
  • ACE 2013/09/15 22:38:39
    ACE
    not pro Russia, just against the puppet fool obummmer.
  • johnc 2013/09/13 23:59:43
    johnc
    weakness always invites challenge , B O opened the door. I am not pro Russia. sadly they have leadership. we don't.
  • socokid johnc 2013/09/14 09:30:33
    socokid
    So.. you wanted to go to war with Syria?

Boots on the ground, the whole bit?
  • johnc socokid 2013/09/14 14:04:23
    johnc
    How did you get that conclusion?

The entire Syria boondoggle is like the Egypt , Libya goof ups of B O

and with the scandals of the B O regime it is a distraction, same as when Billy juice was found on the blue dress, Clinton firing missiles into Iraq.

it is called wag the dog.
  • Aurora 2013/09/13 23:33:18
    Aurora
    +2
    Is this the talking point now, Obama and Putin have much in common, Putin is a communist and so is Obama. You liberals are dreaming.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2013/09/13 23:24:38
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    +1
    They aren't.
  • Ashley 2013/09/13 17:21:34
    Ashley
    I am not pro Russian. But then no one asked me until now.
  • **StarzAbove** 2013/09/12 18:06:11 (edited)
    **StarzAbove**
    +4
    Because they think it will make president Obama look bad..... they don't care what happens, just try to demean the president every chance they get. No one can trust Putin and they know it.....look what he did in the Snowden case......and they will find out that Putin will not accomplish one thing in this fiasco....he's all for Syria and always will be.....too much money is involved. He's just blowing smoke, and they refuse to see it.
  • shenendoah 2013/09/12 17:50:14
    shenendoah
    +4
    I'm proud to be a conservative. You just don't get it. Nobody is pro Russia or pro putin, we simply appreciate the validation that we're not the only ones that see Obama for the sorry pos he is. I don't like putin any more than I like Obama but he's Russia's baby.
  • Cal Woo... shenendoah 2013/09/12 21:47:14
    Cal Woodrow
    My concern is that a very public criticism of our president (regardless of political party) can undermine our government's interest and influence in the world. Especially considering President Obama is no less of a leader than any of the last couple of US presidents. And I didn't see any Americans publicly supporting positions by president Putin under the Bush Administration, even by US liberals. And then we have Putin taking his positions directly to the American people in a NYT editorial piece. It seems like Putin is trying to use the division among us for a geopolitical advantage.
  • shenendoah Cal Woo... 2013/09/12 21:57:40
    shenendoah
    +1
    Any American that considers putin friend is too desperate for friends. I'm not defending Obama. He has made himself an enemy to the American people at least those of us that are not interested in selling our soul for a welfare check. Liberals are used to looking like idiots so they can lie and tell the world what a great leader he is.
  • johnc shenendoah 2013/09/14 00:05:20
    johnc
    weakness is not leadership. sadly B O shows weakness and inability to lead.

and I see it as very dangerous. I am not a fan of putin nor Russia.
  • johnc Cal Woo... 2013/09/14 00:03:42
    johnc
    B O is no leader.

we disagree. weakness invites challenge.
  • Cal Woo... johnc 2013/09/14 22:47:36
    Cal Woodrow
    The concept of "leadership" has no objective qualities. Go ahead, make a list of what makes somebody a leader; and be sure to separate that from the qualities the president doesn't have. The president has positions some Americans agree with, and some Americans don't; that's politics. I don't have a problem with that. If you had a problem with his positions in Syria or his positions on other issues, state them and lets debate. But don't waste my time or anyone else's on philosophizing on what makes someone a "leader" or "weak." The Obama vs. Putin fiasco has nothing to do with weakness (as one could argue the position Putin is in, being the president of a great-power instead of a super-power, puts him in a naturally weak bargaining position); it has to do with the constant political competitiveness that has existed between the United States and Russia since after the second World War.
  • johnc shenendoah 2013/09/14 00:02:08 (edited)
    johnc
    B O weakness has opened the door to challenges. this authors idiotic comment is weak and disgusting. Sadly Russia has a leader. we don't
  • johnpar 2013/09/12 13:58:21
  • socokid johnpar 2013/09/12 21:28:09
    socokid
    +1
    Why would Syria approve of such a thing if he wasn't trying to get out of a strike from the US?
  • johnc socokid 2013/09/14 00:06:18
    johnc
    B O blinked, Russia capitalized on it.

an unbelievably small war, scares no one.
  • socokid johnc 2013/09/14 09:29:28
    socokid
    You didn't answer my question.

Scared to answer it?
  • johnc socokid 2013/09/14 14:05:21
    johnc
    what question did you ask?
  • Stacie 2013/09/12 12:54:55
    Stacie
    +4
    We are not Pro-Russia.

We are Pro-American and Pro-Common Sense.

What Obama is attempting to do is Wrong, and the end result will most assuredly put Our Country, as well as any Peace progress, in Harm's Way.

It just so happens that Russia agrees with the Majority of the American People in this particular series of events. Americans would decry our President;s actions no matter what position Russia took in regards to the current situation in Syria.
  • johnc Stacie 2013/09/14 00:07:07
    johnc
    +1
    He has destroyed the respect and trust of others in the United States.

sad, very sad indeed.
  • Playerazzi 2013/09/12 12:43:24
    Playerazzi
    +2
    "Russia" per-se was never an enemy.

Communism was, and the Soviet Union was.

Now that "we will take over the world"- style Communisim is dead, Russia is not an enemy, and IMO neither is China. Communism - where it still exists - is not a threat any more. Not even in Cuba, in my opinion.

Radical Islam is the threat.
  • Laissez Faire Husker 2013/09/12 12:42:59
    Laissez Faire Husker
    Putin has a much better handle of the situation in Syria than our President seems to have. Russia would have a much better economy if it had jettisoned its centrally planned ideas like China and India has done.
  • Sgt Major B 2013/09/12 12:00:57
    Sgt Major B
    +2
    More dreck and drivel from the Left. No one's praising Russia - we're merely advocating common sense.

You're so eager to follow Obama, feel free to run on down to the recruiter's office today. Unless you're willing to be in the front ranks of any attack, you're nothing more than a typical loud-mouthed, Liberal buffoon.
  • Mike III% 2013/09/12 10:46:54 (edited)
    Mike III%
    Russia is about defending the rights of the common folk, not artificially inflating the lifestyles, opportunity, and quality of living of minorities over everyone else. Russia is also very patriotic, tell a Russian while you are in Russia you don't speak Russian and they should speak English, watch how fast they legally face-plant your sorry, inconsiderate ass on the floor. Tell a Russian they should remove God from their national anthem. Tell a Russian they should accommodate all other cultures before their own. No, I don't believe half of the liberals in this country actually have the manhood to tell a Russian such things. The fact there is no political correctness in Russia makes it 200 TIMES more free than the US.

While Russia is socialist, and this does indeed conflict with the capitalists of "real America", one thing is for sure, they are no allies to Islam, they will not allow Islam to overtake them, and this is a common enemy. Ever hear the term "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? You should have, this is the same tactic the liberals employed when they invited the Muslims in hoping that they and Christians would fight like two colonies of ants to the death, what you didn't realize and anticipate is, unbenounced to the religiously ignorant is that Christianity ...

While Russia is socialist, and this does indeed conflict with the capitalists of "real America", one thing is for sure, they are no allies to Islam, they will not allow Islam to overtake them, and this is a common enemy. Ever hear the term "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? You should have, this is the same tactic the liberals employed when they invited the Muslims in hoping that they and Christians would fight like two colonies of ants to the death, what you didn't realize and anticipate is, unbenounced to the religiously ignorant is that Christianity is the MOST compatible religion to Islam on EARTH, more compatible than Atheism, in fact under Sharia rule, Christians are afforded the luxury to pay an infidel tax to avoid Jihad, however Atheists and Homosexuals are not. So next time you're bashing a Christian for being intolerant to Islam, ask yourself why that is so when they are actually the ones gifted the luxury of life under Islam Law.

When it comes right down to it, a modern-day Russian, is much more equivocal in values, his word, honor, dignity, and respect to a real American than any liberal American alive. While we may not agree on a style of government or the way the economy runs, we do agree that genocide is wrong and harshly oppose Islam and Islamic organizations that participate and sponsor Jihad.

The fact your wistleblower poster-boy traitor has claimed political asylum in Russia should tell you a little about the state of affairs in this country today.
  • TheTruth1313 2013/09/12 09:06:00
    TheTruth1313
    They are not pro-Russia(well, at least the vast majority lol), they are merely pointing out that, even Putin, crazy as he is, is a far better leader and a far better premiere than obama could ever be as a president.

2014/09/21 14:21:04