Why Is President Obama Losing American Confidence (below 50%) For The First Time Since Taking Office?

7leads 2009/07/10 15:29:33
President Obama ........
President Obama ......
No Idea....
Name The Number 1 Policy That Is Hurting Him The Most ? He Offered Hope And Change...Is That Not What America Wanted ?

• Jester 2009/07/10 15:40:38 (edited)
    President Obama ........
    Jester
    +7
    Perhaps people are beginning to act on their human nature, and reject authoritarianism and collectivism.

Human beings do not appreciate being ordered what to do in regards to their future, and this administration seems intent to push their ideology into policy. In that, I mean control of their companies, control over their health care system, control over their moral fiber, and, to be blunt, control over their lives.

I suppose there are those out that are only able to function effectively when they have the Fed baby sitting them like a 2 year old, but I do not think they are the majority. America is going to wake up to far more than they bargained for on election day if they do not see this man for what he is.

• Red Branch 2009/09/02 01:55:53
    President Obama ........
    Red Branch
    +1
    Well the pep rally is over and it's to start producing and he is still campaigning.

People want results and all they are getting are glittering generalities.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2009/08/22 11:23:59
    President Obama ........
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    That's what he offered it's not what he has shown! So far his version of transparency is that we will get a extreme socialist agenda wether we like it or not & the lies are really the same as mommy telling you drink this it's good for you because I say so!

Mr. President those you pandered to at Acorn are Lemmings! We are not!

If you wanted to reward those in Congress who supported you call it "PorK" not Stimulous! If you want a Single Payor Plan & to eventually destroy the Private Insurance Industry say so! Don't stand there with your Bald Ass hanging out and schmooze Us with "Public Option Co-Op" stuff! It's insulting for you to assume none of us understand Semantics or can read Washington Mumbo Jumbo! Oh and we are not big on everything you do Costs Mucho Jumbo!
  • RICK 2009/08/21 23:33:19
    President Obama ........
    RICK
    +2
    This is only one persons opinion but I believe that the public at large feels that he is dictating to them.Telling them whats best for them,instead of listening by way of the polls on certain issues.Take your pick of which issues,there a few to choose from.(healthcare,cap and trade,or amnesty for illegals)
  • 7leads RICK 2009/08/22 10:46:30
    7leads
    +1
    I think you bring up a good point. Although I think Obama is over the top with exposure...(people are just tired of seening so much of him)....I watched him today talk about Health Care...at the end of his interview...he said "We will get healthcare passed." I think it is fair to say that most American's don't like being told that no matter what you think...it WILL get passed. The first thought that came to me...was anger. Instead of approaching it in a different manner...he wanted people to know who's running the show. It would seem to me that any rational person listening to Obama...would come to the conclusion that he has a huge "chip" on his shoulder.
  • littleb... 7leads 2009/08/22 11:05:35
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Lol.......that's NOT a chip that's Oprah!
  • littleb... RICK 2009/08/22 11:04:58
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Hahaa......I think one person makes alot of sense for all of us! Washington & the Presisdent need to hear who they work for!
  • ɟʇʇoɔs 2009/08/21 17:48:29
    President Obama ........
    ɟʇʇoɔs
  • postmamy 2009/07/11 08:58:43
    President Obama ........
    postmamy
    +1
    I want him to do his job better.

president obama job
  • moonpie 2009/07/11 04:56:01
    President Obama ........
    moonpie
    +3
    My guess would be that people... even those half witted fools who voted for him, are beginning to wake up. Oh yes, he touted "hope and change", hope that he can take over our nation with the help of his "crew", and change for our nation that we all will regret.
  • 7leads moonpie 2009/07/11 05:46:54
    7leads
    +1
    1 millioin raves...
  • moonpie 7leads 2009/07/11 07:17:30
    moonpie
    +1
    Thanks 7
  • BURNT OUT! 2009/07/10 18:34:45
    No Idea....
    BURNT OUT!
    +1
    society as a collective are stupid, gullible and impatient.
    im sure most of the folks who voted for him expected everything to get better overnight.
    i voted for him but i know it will take a year or two for things to really feel better.
  • 7leads BURNT OUT! 2009/07/11 01:17:58 (edited)
    7leads
    +1
    If he plans on making it better within his first two years...wasting $789 Billion will force him to do it without money. Although our country is broke, I guess we can still print as much money as we want...then it will be inflation like we have never seen. So I don't see how Obama really can make any positive change in his first term...I think we will be more in debt and much worse off. Thx for you comment
  • BURNT OUT! 7leads 2009/07/11 01:43:39
    BURNT OUT!
    +1
    well the deficit before he was elected was already a hole too big to begin with .
    YES he made it worse but i feel anyone with the ability to eliminate the debt would never get into office in the first place.
    i dog bush alot just to piss of the predictable people. some peoples buttons are so easy to push i hit em like a typewriter.
    a long time ago i realized the prez ,, no matter what party they run with ,, is a puppet,, a focal point for the public regaurding actions of the government.
    washington d.c. was the origanal hollywood.
    that's why Regan was chosen to appeal to the majority demographic and keep em all content, enough information to make em feel like their part of somethin and keep slidin the hand while folks are happy blind.
    i vote to be in the argument but i have no faith in the vote.
    i think its all predetermined like pro wrestling.
    by the way pro wrestling is not a sport , its an exhibition ,, unless the outcome is not predetermined.
    i think the attitude towards the deficit is like the way a lot of folks are livin now.
    get as much credit as you can,
    make the minimum payment to keep em happy
    eventually die and never pay it back.
    a fact of existence is alpha and omega.
    this country will expire, NOTHING lasts forever. and the problems with our society are much larger than the Obama family.
    in so many ways we have been bringing this upon ourselves for many generations.
  • PRO-OBAMA *A group of one* 2009/07/10 18:28:24
    President Obama ........
    PRO-OBAMA  *A group of one*
    +1
    ...Has not lost my confidence. He will succeed in making this country better. president obama lost confidence succeed country
  • moonpie PRO-OBA... 2009/07/11 04:57:59
    moonpie
    +2
    tsk tsk tsk....
  • 7leads PRO-OBA... 2009/07/11 05:45:40 (edited)
    7leads
    +2
    Did you mean "Go Obama To Hell" I thought maybe you cut the picture off to soon?
  • belle 2009/07/10 16:49:31
    President Obama ........
    belle
    +3
    Anyone paying attention as to what is happening in America would/should understand. Hopefully more people are paying attention to what he is doing and saying, plus congress that agrees with him on everything he wants in his policies.
  • 7leads belle 2009/07/10 17:23:50
    7leads
    +1
    right on Belle...let's hope the message is getting through.
  • Dan-Proud American 2009/07/10 16:24:24
    President Obama ......
    Dan-Proud American
    +1
    Government spending. However, he is only below 50% in Ohio, not in any of the national polls.
  • apachehellfire65 2009/07/10 16:21:14
    President Obama ......
    apachehellfire65
    +4
    his lies are becoming too much to belive,and his extream views are showing president obama lies beliveand extream views president obama lies beliveand extream views
  • 7leads apacheh... 2009/07/10 16:26:33
    7leads
    +2
    It is getting harder and harder for Libs to justify Obama...and that takes ALOT.
  • Kane Fernau 2009/07/10 16:20:13
    President Obama ......
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    The most inexperienced President is being exposed and I don't like what's being uncovered.
  • 7leads Kane Fe... 2009/07/10 16:25:11
    7leads
    +1
    Many have seen what you are seeing. Scaring the crap out of people !
  • Kane Fe... 7leads 2009/07/10 16:28:05
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    It took too long. I knew it a year ago.
  • Wilson 2009/07/10 16:14:16
    President Obama ........
    Wilson
    +2
    "Hope and Change" are definitely relative.

The large majority of the obama voters wanted the war ended and economy strengthened (and George Bush to officially be blamed for 'everything')

What they're finding out now is obama was talking about doing away with that old, tired 'american' thing and creating another European socialist country in the land between canada and mexico.
  • 7leads Wilson 2009/07/10 16:22:50
    7leads
    +2
    Interesting how people think...or don't think...thx
  • jer1five 2009/07/10 16:09:30
    President Obama ......
    jer1five
    +3
    is actually having to do something, not just give speeches about it. And what he is doing is making things worse - unless you're a progressive. I guess it's harder to organize a country than it is a community.
  • 7leads jer1five 2009/07/10 16:11:37
    7leads
    +1
    Seems like people tried hard to focus on his lack of experience...and it seems to be hitting home now...this country is not a community.
  • "I see debt people." 2009/07/10 16:05:19 (edited)
    President Obama ........
    "I see debt people."
    +3
    Its clear to anyone with a brain that you can't spend your way out of a deficit. His first fiscal year budget is more money then EVERY presidents first fiscal year budgets combined, from George Washington to GW Bush. Its also the biggest power grab from federal government and the largest tax increases of all time. His numbers will only decrease as his expensive policies move forward, taxes rise, and socialized health care becomes overburden from the 50 million uninsured.

As for your question I think his worse idea would be Cap and trade the bogus Environmental clean air bill. Someone might want to tell Obama that Chicago is currently enjoying the coolest summer in this countries history this year. To pass a bill like this will dramatically hurt most Americans recklessly irresponsible with 9.5+% unemployment and a barely treading water economy. Its no time to try to get rich off American tax payers.
  • 7leads "I see ... 2009/07/10 16:09:31
    7leads
    +3
    Your key points are right on target ! thx
  • The Sane One 2009/07/10 15:55:20
    President Obama ........
    The Sane One
    +3
    President Obama has yet to take on the political corruption that is so much a part of Washington.

He ran on the promise of 'change'-- but all he's done is put in more of the same crooks and liars into leadership roles.

He's given away huge amounts of taxpayer money in order to stimulate the economy, but he's assigned the people who engineered the economic collapse in the first place to be in charge of 'cleaning it up'-- much like the foxes guarding the henhouses.
  • 7leads The San... 2009/07/10 15:58:04
    7leads
    +1
    Good points and one point you mentioned rings clear now...assigning the same people who engineered the economic collapse in the first place. Thx..on point !
  • ctuagentdown 2009/07/10 15:46:57
    President Obama ........
    ctuagentdown
    +2
    everyone thought it would be a quick turnaround for the country and their disappointment is showing.
  • 7leads ctuagen... 2009/07/10 15:48:54
    7leads
    +1
    I'm wondering if this will trickle down and put some sense in the spending yet to come....thx for answer
  • David 2009/07/10 15:43:07
    President Obama ........
    David
    +2
    is not able to solve the huge problem with this country. His priorities are wrong. He should be concentrating on fixing the economy and the financial system first. Then, when Americans are once again productive (manufacturing our own stuff), then we can focus on social issues such as health care.
    If I think I am losing my job, I will not be thinking about doing home renovations.
  • 7leads David 2009/07/10 15:44:42
    7leads
    +1
    Good point...
  • Dark Knight 2009/07/10 15:42:56
    President Obama ........
    Dark Knight
    +3
    He's a fraud (albeit a charming one) and a liar (albeit, now it appears, a transparent one). The BS that he so easily infused into the minds of the shallow and unsuspecting sector of our public has, as was expected by wiser minds, turned-out to bite him. Our opponents huff and puff everyday about how bad Mr. Bush was - Hell, he'll go down in history as a genius in governing of the country when compared, in the future, with this abject, miserable failure!
  • 7leads Dark Kn... 2009/07/10 15:46:35
    7leads
    +2
    Excellent...good answer
  • Dark Kn... 7leads 2009/07/10 16:10:48
    Dark Knight
    +2
    Thanks 7. Mostly, I like to write sarcasm (to try to find some humour - even if it's off-color humour); but, when it comes to politics, very little, these days, qualifies as being funny. We're all passionate people; and, I feel that my two cents is as "entitled" as the next guy's. I have upset a lot of Liberals and have been blocked by many of them; but, it's that very mentality (blind trust in a figment-of-a- feel cents entitled guys liberals blocked mentality blind trust figment-of-a- dream and refusal to listen to reason) that got us into this political mess that we're in today, in the first place.

2014/12/21 10:45:45