Why is Obama's "I am Sorry" to Pakistan is a a sign of weakness???

michael 2012/07/04 03:43:59
Today, the Obama Adm. has sunk to a new low by simply saying "I am sorry" to Pakistan. Here is a country ..Pakistan where nearly every major terrorist attack against the West has sometype of link demanding and getting a formal "I am sorry " from the US government over the deaths of 24 Pakistani soldierslast Nove. thus allowing the shippment of supplies for US GIs across Pakistan into Afghanistan ( and saving the US taxpayer millions). However, in another sense this is a sign of weakness for the US becuase it illustrates USA DEPENDENCE on the "good will and support" of Pakistan even as a large percent of the civilian population of Pakistan is very ANTI- American attitudes. Heck some of the intelligence services have been accused of supporting Al Qede. I ask everyone wasn't Pakistan the country where Osama Bin Laden was finally killed in that ocuntry after hiding for nearly 10 years....right??? Wasn't Pakistan CAUGHT selling nuclear weapons techology to Iran...the A.Q. Kahn network a few years ago??? Yet Pakistan hasn't simply said to the USA " I am sorry for hiding Osama Bin Laden and supporting terrorism for so many years as well as selling nuclear desings to Iran"...Why??? Yet the Obama Adm. said "I am sorry " to Pakistan??? Does anyone really think the USA should have said "I am sorry to Pakistan"???

• ParkMan 2012/07/04 12:52:32
    b) NO
    ParkMan
    Not everything needs to be measured in terms of school yard politics. It was pragmatic to apologize to them and as such was the right thing to do.
  • michael ParkMan 2012/07/04 16:33:41
    michael
    So you are saying in a conflict between pragmatic politics vs moral style politics ..the means justify the ends???
  • ParkMan michael 2012/07/05 03:53:49
    ParkMan
    Yep - sometimes it does.
  • michael ParkMan 2012/07/06 15:54:43
    michael
    that , my freind, is a slippy slope and very difficult to stay on top of especially in the complex world of POLITICS. However, I ask you this one question:Are YOU willing to grant implied support for radical regimes such as Iran by trying to "cut a grand bargin" over various issues with them?? Don't you realize that you would be throughing away the USA's moral authority by dealing with murders of women and children and also who threaten our most loyal ally in that part of the world--Isreal--all at the same time??? Don't you remenber the lesson that Ronald Reagan learned the hard way---he tried to get OUR hostages out of Lebanon in the mid-1980s but ended up selling weapons to the Iranian regime--Iran/Contra Affair??? ALL I ask you to remenber that Politics in the middle east is as complex as trying to draw a straight line in the middle of a sand storm!
  • Cal 2012/07/04 05:49:02
    a) Yes
    Cal
    America had nothing to apologize for. Pakistan has yet to answer or apologize for harboring Osama Bin Laden ( I might add 200 feet from their military academy!!).
  • ComeOnNow 2012/07/04 04:09:59
    b) NO
    ComeOnNow
    I think that we should apologize any time we kill innocent people. It is the least we can do.
  • michael ComeOnNow 2012/07/04 16:31:23
    michael
    what about the people that where killed by terrorist that have the supported by the Pakistani government???
  • ComeOnNow michael 2012/07/04 20:14:10
    ComeOnNow
    That is inexcusable, but not the fault of those innocent people killed in this incidence.
  • michael ComeOnNow 2012/07/06 16:00:45
    michael
    But ingored the larger issues of Pakistan's involement with Terrorism --ask the people in India who endured the Mumbi Attacks a few years ago or who simply endure the Kashmir uprising---I should point out to you I do support Pakistan's claim for kashmir but I deploy the violence of Paksitan's war against India in Kashmir! Simply put Pakistan's hands are bloody and very dirty--I strongly feel IF Muhammad Ali Jinnah had lived along with Gandi another 10 years that much of the recent history between Pakistan and India would have been vastly different and much less violent
  • ComeOnNow michael 2012/07/06 16:12:58
    ComeOnNow
    I would support telling Pakistan that if they are in any supporting or harboring terrorists, we will freakIng bomb you not to mention pull every dime of aid. This incident appears to be an accident where innocent people died and we should apologize. I am tired of these little games. If they do things like aid Osama, we should thump them by taking out the entire area where he was hiding and cut foreign aid. No apology, it was earned, and I would encourage India to do the same. If we have a slip up, we should apologize.
  • michael ComeOnNow 2012/07/09 13:17:48
    michael
    You cannot bomb a country with nuclear weapons and long range missiles and don't kid yourself Pakistan has about 200 to 250 nuclear weapons plus the missiles to carry those weapons to thier targets. I am deeply sure that the US Defense Department has secret plans to actaully seize Pakistan's nuclear weapons if the country starts to break up ( this is a real worry for the USA) . But the real danger isn't just that --there are two major threats coming out of Pakistan's nuclear program--1) a nuclear war between Pakistan and India: 2) selling nuclear weapons to terrorist ( Pakistan was caught seeling nuclear designs to Iran --the A. Q. Kahn network-- I strongly think the US government should be allowed to question A.Q. Kahn --I had read that the government of Pakistan has refused any and all questioning of A.Q. Kahn by US authorities. Personally, I refuse to beleave that ONLY A. Q.Kahn was involed in selling those nuclear designs--he had to have HELP for othe Pakistanis with in the GOVERNMNET.

2014/12/20 01:07:43