Why is no one talking about the genocide going on?

Veronica 2011/02/20 20:11:45
In the US and around the world there is a genocide going on silently, quietly and few are even aware of it.

Here in the US people believe that this is only happening in OTHER nations and refuse to believe, speak up or investigate. A little online research brings shocking and amazing reality to this trend towards INCREASING violence of an entire class of people.

Why should we care that US citizens are being eradicated?
Why should we care that around the world people are being eradicated?
Aren't there too many people already?

What if you were one of those people?
I am.
So let's hear it from one of these people a case of WHY should we care about your life?

Here is why.
It is a proven fact in my life and probably in yours that men and women think differently.
But in case you doubt this, let me share a personal story of success?
A multi-billion dollar oil company invited my former employer to bid on solving a problem. The result would be a 6 figure project per site with countless potential sites. In a room full of male engineers, some with far more knowledge and experience than I possess, none could see an answer to this problem long thought to be impossible. I immediately saw a solution that only required 15 minutes of programming (generously speaking) and use of a very simple and basic device. The result was that we saved the client $25,000 per site and had by far the most desired solution.
So what happened? Women think differently than men do.
So should women do everything? NO. Because men think of things that women do not as well.
But it is not limited to gender. Add in race, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Cultural differences also allow for greater perspective. Diversity in thinking is one of the single greatest tools and resources that a company or society can have.

So based on this we should EMBRACE Diversity right?
But we do not. Conservatism is to require CONFORMITY. Religion is all about CONFORMITY. Business is all about CONFORMING to the boss's expectations.
Diversity is actually seen as a liability. The result? Discrimination against those who are different.

Who is more different than Transgender?
Transgender people have been shown on brain scans to THINK DIFFERENT:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-diffe...

So what? Why should we care?
People are DYING.

Worldwide
The UN shared a European a study that determined: Every 3rd day the murder of a trans person is reported.
Preliminary results of a new Trans Murder Monitoring Project show more than
200 reported cases of murdered trans people from January 2008 to June 2009
by Carsten Balzer (in cooperation with NGO and TGEU), July 2009

Oh that is the world, this sort of thing would "never" happen in the US, right?
WRONG. The US is one of the single WORST offenders. Iran and Cuba both have full legal protections for Transgender people as does most of Europe, and much of South America and Asia. The US alone counts for nearly 10% of the homicides of Trans-identified people. Africa is probably the only worse continent for a trans person to live on than North America. If you have not already left this thread because of not caring or wanting to be involved: here are some stories of the killings, discrimination and violence that we experience every day here in the "land of the free" known as the US of A.

Here is a 200+ page in-depth multi-year study of US transgender discrimination:
http://endtransdiscrimination.org/PDFs/NTDS_Report.pdf

In Schroer vs the US Library of Congress, it was found that the US Government practiced employment discrimination against transgender people.
As if we needed a court case to tell us that. HELLO? Military?

Here are some of the results of that discrimination:

Here are just two examples of the unnecessary deaths of American citizens because of who they are:

Beating and Murder of a Duanna Johnson by police:

In 2008 Memphis PD severely beat a Transgender woman while
in custody in the Memphis jail. The
video was caught on film by security and the two police officers were
fired. Nearly a year later Duanna
Johnson was executed in the streets with a bullet to the head. Memphis PD with a 90% solution to murder
cases was "surprisingly" unable to solve the crime even two years
later.

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Duanna-Johnson-s-Murder...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/us/18memphis.html

=================

Jennifer Gale denied employment and housing which resulted in her death freezing on the streets of Austin Texas.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/watch-homeless-transgender-woman-j...

.... homeless transgender
woman Jennifer Gale died on the streets of Austin — from a heart attack likely
caused in part by the extreme cold. Gale was a perennial political candidate
who ran for Dallas mayor in 2007. She slept on the streets because the only
shelter for women in Austin, run by the Salvation Army, wouldn’t house her
according to her gender identity, which would have forced her to sleep and
shower with men.

(My note: as a rape victim/survivor, I certainly do not blame her for not sleeping and showering with men).

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/8691/

The Texas Civil Rights Review has a piece up entitled
Jennifer Gale Death Caused by Lack of Shelter for Transgender Homeless,
explaining how the perennial candidate for Dallas and Austin public office died
this past Wednesday. From the article:

Equality Texas mourns the death of Jennifer Gale, a
47-year-old transgender homeless woman who died yesterday. Jennifer's body was
found Wednesday morning. She was lying in an outdoor walkway at the First
English Lutheran Church in Central Austin.

...Jennifer's voice rang through Austin Council Chamber
doors every week, often times in support of the homeless population of which
she was a part. "Let's give the homeless a place to exercise that need
jobs and need help," said Gale Tuesday night before the city's Health
Services Board.

Her death points to critical problems faced by the homeless,
and especially by homeless women and the transgender homeless.

"Jennifer most nights slept outdoors," said Austin
Mayor Will Wynn. "Jennifer, we believe, is the 136th person who has died
sleeping on the streets (of Austin) over the last 12 months."

Marti Bier, policy aide for Austin City Council Member Randi
Shade, said the following regarding Ms. Gale's death: "Something Jennifer would never talk about, but was a reality
for her, is that she is a transwoman living in a transphobic society.
Homelessness in the trans-community is a really big problem, and one that goes
ignored. There are no laws in Texas protecting transgender people, whether from
job discrimination, housing discrimination or hate crimes.

There was really nowhere for Jennifer Gale to go to protect
herself from the cold last night. The Salvation Army (the only shelter in town
that takes in women) would not let her in there unless she was grouped with the
men (which includes sleeping with, and showering with, other homeless men).
They would make her use her male birth name and completely disregard, and
disrespect, her identity as a trans-woman. There is so much to be learned from
Jennifer Gale, and so much to be worked on in our community."

====================

There are countless more murdered victims, countless more
unreported and vastly more countless deaths due to "non-violent"
discrimination, homelessness, and lack of availability of medical care. Our blood is on your hands by your silence
about these.

Here are a few recent violent murders of transfolk that made news headlines that you were
probably unaware of:

Venus Xtravaganza

Brandon Teena

Gwen Araujo

Fred Martinez, Jr

Emonie Spaulding

Roberto González Onrubia

Ruby Ordenana

Erika Keels

Sanesha Stewart

Larry King of Oxnard, California

Angie Zapata

LaTeisha Green

Amanda González-Andujar

Roy Antonio Jones, III

Stacy Blahnik Lee

When will you care? When will you decide that enough have died and that we need to end the violence against gifted, talented people who wanted nothing more than an opportunity to exist? Yes, they LOOK different and yes, they THINK different.

WHO CAN WE LEARN MOST FROM?
People who think just like us?
Or those who see things different from us?

We are here, we are not going away. We are dying, but more are born all of the time. Our blood is on your hands, for if you do not speak out for us, then you are complicit as an accomplice to the crimes. How much more blood will you have on your hands before you demand justice?

Is LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness too much to ask for in the United States? Weren't those promises made in the Bill of Rights?
When will those promises be kept?
Will you continue to deny them?

Read More: http://endtransdiscrimination.org/PDFs/NTDS_Report...

• ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sher... 2011/02/20 20:35:04 (edited)
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +44
    No one is talking about the genocide in Sudan or the infantcide of the unborn either!

Edit: Since Veronica blocked me I can not reply too any of your LWNJ's comments! Next time e-mail me so I can reply! LMAO!

• Illjwamh 2011/02/25 13:05:18
    Illjwamh
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

inigo montoya
  • darwolf 2011/02/23 22:01:04
    darwolf
    Genocide is nothing new in this country or Canada just any Native American.
  • taco 2011/02/23 21:41:05
    taco
    whats genocide? but if i knew what it was and what's happening in our nations and other nations, then i would be concerned.
  • James 2011/02/23 04:13:50
    James
    What would you want done? Go in there with our jets and tanks and take the country over? We did that in Iraq and Afghanistan and it was a failure in both cases. People have the choice to use their own 2 feet to escape where they are and a brain to either fight these people or flee. If I was presented an opportunity by someone in these areas to house, clothe, and take care of a family while their country gets back into order, I would. Until that time when I'm personally involved, I'm not involved.
  • gingertwin2 2011/02/23 03:53:29
    gingertwin2
    I help spread awareness and raise funds to help survivors in real life.
    There is so much bad stuff going on constantly that people just get jaded and don't see how they can help.
  • steve~pwcm~jla 2011/02/23 00:14:04
    steve~pwcm~jla
    For the same reason they won't tell the truth about the economy. It would create riots.
  • Philanthropic Misanthrope 2011/02/22 23:54:19
    Philanthropic Misanthrope
    +1
    Not certain if a few hundred indiscriminate violent hate crimes committed by some unorganized and unrelated bigoted morons scattered across the globe counts as genocide. I'll check on that, tho.
  • Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2011/02/22 19:34:04
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    This is a very sad issue, and Murder is wrong no matter how you slice it. But to call it Genocide is perhaps a bit alarmist. More than two women a day are killed by domestic violence. 1100 per year. Yet no one cried genocide for them. I don't advocate murder for ANYONE....
  • thegalnextdoor 2011/02/22 19:12:38
    thegalnextdoor
    +1
    Murder is murder is murder is murder and is wrong. It's just as wrong for a homosexual to kill a christian as it is the christian or anyone else to kill a homosexual or transgender.
  • Qynne thegaln... 2011/02/22 23:46:07
    Qynne
    +1
    Unless it's somebody who got raped by someone, and they killed that someone,i agree, BUT...rapists, child molesters and murderers kiiiind of deserve it... Just a tad bit...
  • thegaln... Qynne 2011/02/23 18:51:28
    thegalnextdoor
    eh? it's just as wrong for a pro-life advocate to kill an abortion doctor as it is for the abortion doctor to kill a baby. Take it out further and I think you'll see my point.
  • Qynne thegaln... 2011/02/25 10:20:43
    Qynne
    Buuuuuut... Babies in the womb don't have rational thought yet, and have no memories. How can you kill something that isn't really alive?
  • thegaln... Qynne 2011/02/25 17:00:29
    thegalnextdoor
    that baby is alive... at least by definition of a beating heart and babies do have feelings and memories. When I was expecting my daughter and she was too active in the womb I would put her to sleep with soft big band music and then go about my work. She remembered that music and sleeping to it because everytime after she was born until she was about five, if I put soft big band music on she'd go to sleep. Just a question, why do you think people read to their babies before they are born?
  • Qynne thegaln... 2011/02/25 22:17:40
    Qynne
    Because they are irrational, and choose to waste their time on the infant.
  • thegaln... Qynne 2011/02/27 03:30:34
    thegalnextdoor
    okay, so why did my daughter go to sleep everytime she heard big band music... it was instantaneous.... Babies are also known to recognise the voice of their mother and father at a very very early age... they must hear the voices in the womb --- that tells me they are alive.

Seriously, it sounds like you have been to too many planned parenthood classes.
  • Qynne thegaln... 2011/02/28 11:15:28 (edited)
    Qynne
    It may sound like that, but I have never been to one in my life :P and, it seems like an involuntary response...actually, I might take her to the doctor..that seems...off.
  • thegaln... Qynne 2011/02/28 16:26:19
    thegalnextdoor
    the big band music was her lullaby before she was born and she remembered it after birth. I should ask her sometime if she still listens to big band at all and if so what happens. (she's 26)
  • Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of ... 2011/02/22 18:24:42
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +1
    I used to live with a transgender woman. She was one of my best housmates, but I couldn't believe the amount of hell she got from strangers. One night, we were at karaoke, and she got up to sing a song. One of the men in the crowd threw a can at her head, and she threw back an insult to him, to which he got up and started bashing her in the head repeatedly. It took about 5 of my friends and I to get this guy off her, while the bouncers and bar staff sat back and watched it happen. After we pulled her away, we were asked to leave for causing a commotion. We took her to the hospital and she got 9 stitches in her head.
    I couldn't for the life of me understand how people casn have such hatred inside them, the idea of hurting any human being, no matter what they've done, just isn't possible for me.
  • thegaln... Ruby De... 2011/02/23 18:53:08
    thegalnextdoor
    +1
    I am sorry to hear that. Not frequenting bars and night clubs I can't speak to that aspect. I am sorry about your friend.. Those guys' behavior was wrong and they should have been sent home.
  • Ruby De... thegaln... 2011/02/24 01:25:06 (edited)
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    I don't frequent bars or clubs either, it was just a one-off night of fun for us. I would have liked to have the man charged for assault, but the environment was pretty hostile and it was obvious that the bar management was not going to provide an honest statement. The man who assaulted her was allowed to stay while we were asked to leave.
  • thegaln... Ruby De... 2011/02/24 17:59:03
    thegalnextdoor
    +1
    those attacking you should have been made to leave.... but since the bar management was not going to be honest, probably best to leave anyhow, eh? There's plenty of other places to go if he doesn't want honest and nice business.
  • Boulder Sue 2011/02/22 17:48:28
    Boulder Sue
    As a culture, we turn away from what we don't understand or what we fear. What about the proposed law in Uganda concerning Gays, heavily influenced by Bible beating Conservative Americans? You could go to jail if you know a homosexuall and don't report him/her and I have a feeling it would apply to transgandered too. Sexually active Gays would face the death penalty and being Gay could get you life in prison if not worse. Certain parts of this country ar no better. Bigots act extralegally all the time, bullying kids and sometimes killing them or driving them to suicide, all out of ignorance and fear, and much too literal interpretations of whatever religion and morality.....:-(
  • thegaln... Boulder... 2011/02/23 18:53:58
    thegalnextdoor
    also true in the Muslim world....except there death is by stoning.
  • HipJipC 2011/02/22 17:07:35
    HipJipC
    +2
    Seriously, singling out the transgendered out of the population in regards to the numbers of them victimized and murdered? I quote "Preliminary results of a new Trans Murder Monitoring Project show more than 200 reported cases of murdered trans people from January 2008 to June 2009."
    Here's a few for you:
    In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner. That's an average of three women every day. Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner.
    Blacks were victims of an estimated 805,000 nonfatal violent crimes and of about 8,000 homicides in 2005.
    An estimated 2 out of every 100,000 children die from injuries that were a result of abuse or neglect.
    These are just a few statistics and are classified separately under sex, race and age group for instance. Having subgroups like transgendered, homosexual for example is being taken into account with the above "study".
    My point is that no one should be singled out. When someone is victimized and/or murdered, especially in a very violent crime, each and every one of us is important. No one is special, period. And therefore genocide is a relative term.
  • convex 2011/02/22 15:48:31
    convex
    "Jennifer Gale" is dead because he was trying to stay at a womens shelter, and decided to make a point. He could have stayed at a mens shelter, a mixed shelter, or one of the handful of LGBT shelters, but didn't want to. He effectively committed suicide in protest. He should have been put in the charge of state.
  • prithvimali 2011/02/22 15:28:12
    prithvimali
    THINGS SHOULD COMEOUT OPENLY AND PEOPLE SHOULD FIGHT.THENONLY THERE WILL BE A SOLUTION.
  • life's big ? 2011/02/22 14:31:46 (edited)
    life's big ?
    +2
    although I am a straight women...(funny I have to point that out) I have a deep compassion for all people. let me explain my take on this happening in america.. Our country is 75% "Christian" and I use that term loosely. CHRISTIANS ARE TAUGHT FROM BIRTH THAT HOMOSEXUALS ARE EVIL TRANS GENDER TO THEM IS HOMOSEXUAL.. I HAD A FRIEND IN HIGH SCHOOL HER BORN NAME WAS DUSTIN BUT SHE WENT BY DESTINY. HOME COMING I TOOK HER AS MY DATE BECAUSE MY BOYFRIEND COULDN'T COME. WE HAD TO RUN OUT OF THERE BECAUSE THE BOYS WERE GOING TO ATTACK HER.. SHE HAD DONE NOTHING TO THEM WE WERE HAVING FUN BY OUR SELFS. THIS IS THE AMERICA WE LIVE IN BECAUSE RELIGION TEACHES HATE BIGOTRY AND RACISM. INTOLERANCE OF OTHERS IS SICKENING I WOULD LOVE MY CHILD NO MATTER WHAT THEY WERE.
  • Jake M 2011/02/22 14:28:47
    Jake M
    +1
    Because Transgender people do not fit into the dualitie that our society has constructed to make sense of the world. Something must go, unless we make sure that that something is this flawed world view that only accepts two types of people, it will continue to eliminate those who don't fit.
  • colette 2011/02/22 14:25:57
  • Veronica colette 2011/02/22 15:02:39
    Veronica
    +1
    I am very saddened to hear about your father. People are so very cruel.
  • colette Veronica 2011/02/22 16:21:11
    colette
    Ohhh thank you.

People are narcissists and cruel. I dunno I have never in my life wanted to go hurt another person...I love money and shopping and I have never mugged anyone ( yesss as a teen I did steal out of my parent's and siblings wallets, hehe but often I would tell them "Btw I took a 20 out of your purse, wallet, pants pocket..."( my brother would come home after a night of partying and leave those previous nights pants on his bedroom floor and there would be 10's 20's etc in the pockets, and he would leave for work and well that cash was just sitting there, hehe... but haha him I would tell i took that money when he was high and in a good mood, he always smiled and said, Okay!"), but I could not imagine mugging anyone, and I stopped stealing at like 15 or so. And I can't imagine physically harming anyone, I just don;t get that at all.

But this is a crappy world with demonic people roaming about, only someone like a demon could go and beat, mug, rob, kill, rape and/or otherwise harm others, these are the narcissistic slobs who care only about themselves and their desires no matter how cruel and unjust those desires are, these curs put all the terrible evil energy out there! But what can you do, these slobs have existed since man first started committing evil, all you can...

Ohhh thank you.

But this is a crappy world with demonic people roaming about, only someone like a demon could go and beat, mug, rob, kill, rape and/or otherwise harm others, these are the narcissistic slobs who care only about themselves and their desires no matter how cruel and unjust those desires are, these curs put all the terrible evil energy out there! But what can you do, these slobs have existed since man first started committing evil, all you can do is be hyper careful and know who your friends are and stay out of known bad areas of towns. And maybe take a few self defense courses so if it is going to be a physical fight you can defend yourself and if they have a weapon maybe you can learn how to disarm that devil.

But ahhh the next world I go to noooo way will it be like this world of crime, cruelness, unfairness, diseases, poverty, pollution, the aging process, disparity among classes etc etc, the next world I hope will be a wonderful, stress free beautiful place!!!
  • KY REDNECK 2011/02/22 14:25:21
    KY REDNECK
    +1
    I am sorry that transgendered people are dying do to homelessness as well as violent crime. Bit this is a fact of life homeless die everyday around the world. and that is a fact. People of all status are violently killed everyday around the world. Yes we need to do something about this. Butt I do not see this as genocide. These people are not being hunted down and exterminated. They are just victims of circumstance in my opinion. Is it wrong yes. do we do enough to stop it probably not.
  • Dana 2011/02/22 13:54:05
    Dana
    +1
    There is genocide going on everywhere. Especially in Africa, Also in Asia,
  • Tau_Seti 2011/02/22 12:58:31
  • Veronica Tau_Seti 2011/02/22 13:12:44
    Veronica
    To see myself and my friends violently abused as children. My skull was smashed in school, and I woke weeks later. In elementary school my nose was broken so many times that even after extensive reconstructive surgery I still cannot breathe out of it.
    My hands and ribs broken multiple times starting in elementary school.
    I have been stabbed, shot at, and attacked by large groups. I have other injuries to my neck, back and muscles.

We are denied employment, housing and medical care. Although I am considered a "success story" because I have a job, my employers health insurance SPECFICALLY denies me coverage.

I have watched most of my friends die. Very few of those who I knew are around anymore. Sometimes we hear why and have a memorial service and as often as not, we just never see them again as their families do not admit to knowing them much less contacting us.
    Genocide seems very appropriate to me. Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge.
  • Tau_Seti Veronica 2011/02/22 13:20:35
  • Veronica Tau_Seti 2011/02/22 13:24:02
    Veronica
    okay, np. Was just sharing why I felt that genocide was an appropriate comment.
    BTW, I am trying to get my acct deleted as we speak. There was too much negative sent my way over this thread. Wish you well.
  • Tau_Seti Veronica 2011/02/22 13:28:02
  • chaoskitty123 2011/02/22 11:30:33
    chaoskitty123
    Hermaphrodites are different and they're born this way.

Look, even gays discriminate against transgenders. There's this story that's been going around about a boy who claims to be transgender and he claimed this at the age of two his parents say. At the age of two, you do not realize there is a gender identity and your gender identity is often created by how your parents dress you and cut your hair. The kids parents have obviously done this to him as you don't see a gender identity issue for kids that young and you could raise your son dressed as a boy and they would not notice.

It is very possible that you can be born or become trangender because we are all born with gender instincts ranging from sissys and tomboys to transgenders and cross dressers.

In China, the government pays for the operation because it's a willing sterilization. They are accepted in Brazil. Japan and Thailand as well.

A lot of the TG's killed in the US are transgenders and the reason it happens is the guys aren't told or others find out so the John kills them out of humiliation. They're not all prostitutes of course as many are innocent victims.

No one should be killed for something like this where no one is harmed but even gays and Liberals have committed such crimes and have hate for these people. As long as they tell their partner, I see nothing wrong with it.
  • JasmineMaille 2011/02/22 10:33:33
    JasmineMaille
    You can hardly call this genocide.
    That's like calling all hate-crimes as a collective 'genocide'.
    The only reason you've noticed this is because it's in isolation.
    What about black people who are killed for the colour of their skin?
    Or the "Paki-bashings" during the era of the Skinhead?
    I could make a whole list of crimes committed due to racial, ethical or religious predjudice.
    But none of them are labeled as "genocide".
    These killings of transgendered people are hate-crimes, not genocide.

Labeling the killings you've described as 'genocide' is insulting and degrading to victims of real genocide.

2014/09/24 04:37:23