Why is Michelle Obama barred from practicing law in Illinois?

Ripped1X... 2009/04/04 15:33:35
Judging from all the other nuts in the Cabinet.... we'll assume she didn't pay some major taxes...
Insurance Fraud...
Court ordered inactive status in 1993

IT DOES SAY COURT ORDERED I know why it says inactive, it is because she hasn't registered since and maybe she can't.

Full Licensed Name: Michelle Obama
Full Former name(s): Michelle Lavaughn Robinson
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: May 12, 1989
Registered Business Address: Not available online

Registered Business Phone: Not available online
Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law - Last Registered Year: 1993
Malpractice Insurance:
(Current as of date of registration;
consult attorney for further information) No malpractice report required as attorney is on court ordered inactive status.

This was the original information, here is the original link: http://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp?id=138873458 it has since been scrubbed from the website.

And here is the new one. http://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp?id=634662032

Full Licensed Name: Michelle Obama
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: May 12, 1989
Malpractice Insurance:
(Current as of date of registration;

The ONLY logical answer as to why Michelle would voluntarily file to be placed on inactive status less than 4 years after she was admitted to the Bar would be that Michelle probably engaged in some form of activity which quite possibly could have resulted in Michelle being DISBARRED at a later date.

Therefore, rather than risk being disbarred; Michelle probably placed herself on inactive status.

I've heard that it has something to do with medical malpractice insurance fraud.

• Ed - In God I Trust 2009/04/05 04:29:54
    Ed - In God I Trust
    +10
    Oh, I'm "SURE" it's all just a "misunderstanding", just like Slick Willy "voluntarily" being disbarred in Arkansas, and being disbarred by the U.S. Supreme Court. Just "MINOR" misunderstandings,LOL !!!

• SENTINEL OF FREEDOM 2012/03/03 22:48:52
    SENTINEL OF FREEDOM
    She covered for barack and got caught
  • CharlesGlass 2010/12/29 19:12:10
    CharlesGlass
    The question is a lot like the old riff: "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Michelle Obama voluntarily requested that her law license be placed on "inactive status" because she is not currently engaged in an activity that requires her to have a license to practice law. However, she does still hold a valid law license in Illinois and can request a return to "active" status at any time.
  • Conservative in California 2009/12/30 17:50:57
    Conservative in California
    +1
    Didn't Obama seal those public records as well? Funny how we know so little about these two's past and the far left liberal Mainstream Media was complicit in covering up anything about their past. When has this ever happened in Presidential history? (Besides Bill Clinton, JFK, and FDR, of course)
  • Pegasis 2009/12/28 19:58:41
    Pegasis
    +1
    All I can say is "who cares why"? The world is undoubtedly a better place without her or her hubby practicing law.

So: Hoo Ray for a good thing!
  • Charles E 2009/12/21 23:10:31
    Charles E
    +1
    There is no proof of anything, but we can extrapolate from the rest of the Obama cabinet that it involved some kind of disreptuable conduct.
    +1
    As someone who has Certificates to practice in my own field .. (and they are permanent/current) .. I'd have to say that the basic premise that there was something there that even the courts could NOT Ignore (that would result in a court order to Relinquish the license to practice) is very PROBABLE indeed (and most of the time .. it is based on some fraud .. but that is sheer projection at this time).

Would be interesting to see the actual court records when it was ordered to see the words that the Judge used in this order to surrender the license. Had to be something particularly embarassing to the profession!
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2009/12/04 12:37:27
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    She's a lawyer. Committing crimes is a mainstay in that "profession".
  • Phantom is loved by Stormy! 2009/12/04 10:04:51
    Phantom is loved by Stormy!
    +1
    Find the answer to this question, and you might just find Obama's birth certificate underneath it.
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2009/12/03 17:56:54
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    This is old news. Find out the whole story on what happened. That's news.
  • Deep007 2009/12/03 16:51:46
    Deep007
    +1
    Jeez.... it does make one wonder
  • Philadelphia Freedom 2009/12/03 12:05:46
    Philadelphia Freedom
    +1
    It's ok her husband can change that he thinks he is GOD .
  • *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP 2009/12/03 09:04:34
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +3
    Transparency? I think NOT! transparency
  • Don 2009/12/03 02:16:47
    Don
    +1
    I could see that.She left due to past actions that could be 'con-screwed' to have her DISBARRED at a later date.
  • Dionysus 2009/12/03 01:55:50
    Dionysus
    If you aren't keep up on the requirements it goes inactive...so?
  • Charles E Dionysus 2009/12/21 23:12:10
    Charles E
    +1
    Not keeping up on requirements rarely results in a COURT ORDER.
  • Donna 2009/12/03 00:33:28
    Donna
    +3
    From what I understand Barry is ' inactive' as well, due his lying about ever going by any other names when he applied for bar application. He also failed to state any prior drug use...(which he admitted in his books...and he had outstanding tickets that were never paid). There is also a story going around that there was a tax issue with the Obama Mansion purchase & ajoining vacant lot that was sold to non other than Rita Rezko. The Obama's reek of scandal.
  • Charles... Donna 2010/12/29 19:20:05
    CharlesGlass
    I heard Obama jay-walked too. Grounds for disbarment at least, if not deportation to Mexico.

Okay, seriously folks, an "inactive" license is still a valid law license, and can be put back on "active" status by request. Inactive status is not a disciplinary act, it is done when the holder of the license is not currently engaged in an activity that requires a license to practice law. Both Obamas still hold valid law licenses.
  • texasred 2009/12/02 22:49:01
    texasred
    +3
    Hmmmm.... very interesting. It seems there is no way to keep these people from becoming corrupt.
  • Sunny 2009/12/02 20:57:12
    Sunny
    +2
    I haven't heard of this. But a shot in the dark: I have heard of lawyers who have gone inactive because the choice was between going inactive and that of having more serious charges that possibly could lead to disbarrment. I have difficulty picturing someone working so hard through law school and busting their butts to pass the bar only to let it go inactive and "not authorized to practice law." Without further information I wouldn't be able to make an informed judgement on the subject.
  • Charles... Sunny 2010/12/29 19:23:07
    CharlesGlass
    Putting a law license in "inactive" status is not a shield from disciplinary action. An "inactive" license can be "re-activated" at the request of the attorney holding the license, unlike a license that has been "suspended" or "revoked." Both Obama's still hold valid law licenses in "inactive" status because they are not engaged in any activity that requires a license to practice law.
  • gibyob 2009/12/02 20:49:40
    gibyob
    I tried both sites and couldn't get them to work, so going from what you have listed I have to wait and wonder.
  • Lanikai 2009/12/02 20:10:46
    +3
    Underhanded dealings with insurance and medicare, and many, many transgressions or stretches of th elaw to cover hsady dealings.

It is amusing to me that eveyone thinks she is so caring. She made the hospital she worked at more profitable by fixing the system in such a way that indigent and uninsured people were diverted to the other area hospitals.
  • very Conservative "me" 2009/12/02 20:03:00
    very Conservative "me"
    +3
    I don't have a clue but I can bet we are all better off for it.
  • USAF Vet Dan 2009/12/02 19:48:20
    USAF Vet Dan
    +6
    The answer lies locked up with BO's birth certificate.
  • Lanikai USAF Ve... 2009/12/02 20:11:44
    +5
    lol, sad but true. One more thing a repub could never get away with hiding and yet the MSM protects the obummers on.
  • govlastpeoplefirst 2009/12/02 19:42:31
    govlastpeoplefirst
    Maybe she didn't pay her dues and voluntarily placed herself on an inactive list. It could be something as simple as this. I'm no fan, but I don't see any "ins fraud" or tax scam" (unless the deal on their home was done in her name as a lic. atty.).
  • Charles E govlast... 2009/12/21 23:18:26
    Charles E
    +1
    Unpaid dues do not bring on a COURT ORDER. There are few reasons for a court ordered inactive status that do not involve criminal or sleazy (even by lawyer standards) conduct.
  • govlast... Charles E 2009/12/22 00:51:24
    govlastpeoplefirst
    I saw nothing in the blog about a "court order" what was the court order about?

As I said, I am not a fan, I just like facts. I don't like rumors. Don't we have enough to do with Health Care? This will transform our country into a socialist country and you are worried if M. Obama still has a license to practice law. Who cares?
  • Charles E govlast... 2009/12/22 19:46:47
    Charles E
    +1
    "No malpractice report required as attorney is on court ordered inactive status."
    From the article - quoting the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Board.
    The reason for the court order is not given.

I don't care about her Law License, other than she is held up as someone who grew up on the poor side of Chicago and became a "great attorney" by Obama sycopants.

I do care about yet another hidden ethical lapse in the "most transparent administration" ever.
  • govlast... Charles E 2009/12/28 14:43:30
    govlastpeoplefirst
    +1
    I never heard anything about her being a "great Atty" - I heard she worked on a hospital board, then got an enormous raise after the hospital was handed a big porker project. The same hospital board the Bernadette Drone worked on (the wife of admitted Weather Underground Bomber). All I am saying is this woman is the power behind Obama, I am no fan, her law license is a minor thing to focus on. There are many reason why a person can not practice law any longer. Many woman go into law and find it is not for them and never renew their license. It is more common than people know.
  • Ripped1... govlast... 2009/12/28 19:39:57
    Ripped1X...
    +1
    Rumor has it, it had something to do with insurance fraud. But of course like 0bama's records everything is sealed.
  • govlast... Ripped1... 2009/12/29 15:27:26
    govlastpeoplefirst
    +1
    Well then we will never know. This administration and their transparency how's that working out for you?
  • Ripped1... govlast... 2009/12/30 17:46:10
    Ripped1X...
    +1
    Not well
  • Attila 2009/12/02 18:59:27
    Attila
    +2
    same as hillary.
  • Extremist Soldier of Christ 2009/12/02 18:32:47
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +1
    Maybe she was too busy stalking her husband's iniquities and let her license expire. Gosh Golly, the old Boy in the Whitehouse must be missing Brenda Lee's song and send out his troops with his two sidekicks ----OH.....wait...I mean three side kicks.....let us not forgot the age goddess gal too. Oh.....the black gal and the black guy.....yeah....you....who change your cars on a regular base and let us not leave out the white boy in the lex-------why did you take off when I come to approach you each time? Yeah...and you the blue and white carrier.....why do you take off everytime I approach you? Do you know how obvious you must look especially since someone on my block is filming me? Must look strange to a judge how a United State Carrier is stalking a woman if I ever get tired of your harrassments and stop being goodhearted. I forgave you along time ago,,,,,,,so why are you back? GO HOME---FIND THE GOOD LORD AND TELL THE PERSON WHO IS PAYING YOU.......TO STOP! Thanks also ...Here listen my idol and thank you for more tags ......put your stupid emotion of your Messiah aside-----Yeshua is my Messiah...and HE won along time ago...
  • Lanikai Extremi... 2009/12/02 20:17:51
    Are you on drugs?
  • chaoskitty123 2009/12/02 18:20:28
    chaoskitty123
    +2
    I think with all the bragging about Michelles intelligence and her academics that she would have had to have been involved in something pretty bad here to have essentially thrown away her career as an attorney which I see no reason for... but then, a lot of things happen to which we are not privy and with the way the Obama's like sealing records... I bet we won't find out either. I see no reason someone would go through law school, become an attorney and then willingly choose not to be one a few years later unless something bad did happen. Her career to date would not have required her to drop her status as a lawyer nor would Baracks career. If anything, her status as a lawyer would have profited her more.

This will be interesting to see why she stopped being a lawyer since most of the topics I've seen about her seem to reveal her supporters were under the impression she still is a lawyer.
  • Lanikai chaoski... 2009/12/02 20:21:14 (edited)
    +3
    Here is a link to part of the story. She is NOT on voluntary inactive status, she is on a disciplinary inactive and so is obummer.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepa...

Seems they both surrenedered them to keep a very public investigation from happening and keep them from having to make actual sworn statements. We may never know the truth.
  • Torchma... Lanikai 2009/12/03 02:37:34
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Crooks in the WH for sure.
  • Charles... chaoski... 2010/12/29 19:28:46
    CharlesGlass
    She hasn't stopped "being a lawyer." She is no longer engaged in any activity that requires her to hold an active license to practice law, so like virtually all lawyers who are engaged in public service she requested that it be put on "inactive status." She can request "active" status at any time. Furthermore, a lawyer on "inactive" status is not protected thereby from any disciplinary action.

2014/07/23 20:14:31