Why is it worse to kill an animal than it is to kill a baby?

Faith ~American Patriot~ 2009/08/12 16:02:57
I have wondered this for quite some time. Why is it perfectly okay with the libs to kill an innocent baby, yet when it comes to hunting they freak out? I do not agree with hunting, but I do not believe in any way that it is worse than killing a baby.

• Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2009/08/12 16:06:08
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +5
    I assume you're talking about abortion? There are many reasons that hunting is abhorred. The animals are hunted for "fun". There isn't any way for them to escape, and they're terrified. Abortion is more accepted since there are some cases where it can be the only way. Rape is one. And don't say 'adoption' to me unless you've been through it.

• ods814 2009/11/17 10:50:30
    It isn't worse to kill an baby
    ods814
    you must thin the human herd, overpopulation isn't good thing.
  • Faith ~... ods814 2009/11/17 18:03:38
  • NA 2009/11/06 05:56:21 (edited)
    NA
    I think that Killing an innocent dog and abandoning an innocent baby are both horrible. And both recieve news coverage, so I don't really understand the base of this question deer wrapping innocent baby horrible recieve news coverage understand base

deer wrapping innocent baby horrible recieve news coverage understand base
  • Faith ~... NA 2009/11/06 17:17:44
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    And you obviously didn't read the question. Libs freak over hunting yet condone murdering innocent babies.
  • NA Faith ~... 2009/11/06 18:29:12
    NA
    Well, I still think they are both equal in wrongness.
  • NA Faith ~... 2009/11/09 01:45:40
    NA
    What, did I stump ya with my comment? LOL
  • Faith ~... NA 2009/11/09 20:17:32
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    I had nothing else to say to you. Take a hint.
  • NA Faith ~... 2009/11/09 20:47:56
    NA
    lol Morons don't accept hints LOL
  • Faith ~... NA 2009/11/09 20:50:22
  • NA Faith ~... 2009/11/09 20:51:48
  • Faith ~... NA 2009/11/09 20:56:32
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Thank you for admitting that you are stalking me, just helps my file against you.
  • Live Free Or Die 2009/08/14 13:43:49
    Live Free Or Die
    I don't like abortion, but illegalizing it doesn't seem the answer - I would prefer it done safe and early then to throw the baby in a dumpster after it is born or seeing two people die (both woman and unborn child) - so it may be the lesser of two evils in that case, and thus I am pro-choice. I eat meat, but would never kill an animal for sport.
  • Adam 2009/08/12 22:28:41
    It is worse, and this is why
    Adam
    Sentience. If you do not see a difference, then wouldn't you consider KFC to be equal in evilness to the Holocaust? If given the choice between saving someones child and 2 kittens, would you let the baby die? If you had the opportunity to murder someone in cold blood, knowing that they would eat at least 2 animals during the course of the rest of there life, would you? if not, then comparing killing animals to killing killing people is hypocritical. If you truly believed this, then you would be killing people left and right.

Also, if you want to have a reasoned abortion debate, you will not succeed. As it is, debates on abortion tend to go downhill real fast. How do you expect to have any conversation whatsoever when your trying to talk about animal rights at the same time?
  • Cassie~ShadowClan Apprentice 2009/08/12 22:04:40
    Cassie~ShadowClan Apprentice
    +1
    I consider them both to be equally as bad.
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2009/08/12 18:08:58
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    Animals don't grow inside human uteruses and fetuses aren't being hunted as game animals. But if they did, then you would have a valid point.
  • Faith ~... Warren ... 2009/08/12 21:30:03
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    What does growing inside a human uterus have to do with anything? I am not condoning hunting, I am asking why some feel it is worse than murdering a baby.
  • Warren ... Faith ~... 2009/08/12 21:33:11
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    I assumed you were talking about abortion. No one wants to kill babies that I've heard of. I'm not sure what killing babies and hunting have to do with each other. Could you give a specific example of someone who hold the views you talk about?
  • Faith ~... Warren ... 2009/08/12 21:36:50
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Abortion is killing babies. 17 people on you top SH list believe that hunting an animal is worse than killing a baby.
  • Warren ... Faith ~... 2009/08/12 21:52:47
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    Abortion is not killing babies.
  • Faith ~... Warren ... 2009/08/13 05:46:00
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    Of course it is
  • Blade Master 2009/08/12 17:53:32
    It is worse, and this is why
    Blade Master
    +3
    Killing a child will always be worse than killing an animal. Libs don't understand that because they see nothing wrong with slaughtering babies by the millions especially if the child is Jewish, Conservative, religious, pro-capitalism, pro-American, pro-gun, and everything else Libs hate. They feel it's cheaper to kill children than build death camps and kill adults.
  • 123456789 2009/08/12 17:03:09
    It is worse, and this is why
    123456789
    +2
    I dont not agree with hunting either but killing a baby is so much worse, it is a human that you are killing one of Gods children.
  • socokid 2009/08/12 16:51:52
    It isn't worse to kill an baby
    socokid
    +3
    Until I see someone walk into a daycare and mow down a bunch of babies with an Uzi, I'm not going to understand your question.

I suppose our definition of "baby" may be different. ;-)
  • Faith ~... socokid 2009/08/12 16:58:19
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +2
    Why is abortion, the killing of a baby, ok but hunting is not?
  • socokid Faith ~... 2009/08/12 17:10:27 (edited)
    socokid
    +3
    See, I don't believe aborted embryos/fetus' are "babies" in the way that you use it.

An embryo cannot feel pain, and a fetus does not feel pain until sometime in the third tri-mester. This is long after:

- Essentially all miscarriages occur,
    - Ectopic pregnancies have been dealt with, and
    - After about 99% of abortions are performed.

Higher thinking, born "babies" DO feel pain. This is just one of the differences IMO.

So, by using my definition, killing "babies" and some "hunting" is not OK. My wife (a vegan) would go even further and say that killing ANY animals for ANY reason is not OK. But I'm not vegan. ;-)

I am pro choice, obviously, but should note that my wife and I would probably never have an abortion.
  • Faith ~... socokid 2009/08/12 17:33:52
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    I don't believe at all that they cannot feel pain. I have heard many times that the baby actually tries to move away from whatever they are doing to it.
  • socokid Faith ~... 2009/08/12 17:44:16 (edited)
    socokid
    +2
    Feeling pain and having a reaction to stimuli are very, very different. It's just yet another attempt at applying assumptions by the ill-informed to further a cause. Not much else IMO.

The facts I supplied above are very well known. In fact, they came from a Religious Tolerance site.

Also remember, I haven't gone into a plethora of other reasons why I think legal abortions should be a choice. Higher brain function is just one other thing I hinted at... ;-)

In the end, we seem to not have any issue with killing pain feeling, higher brain functioning animals all of the time, sometimes even just for fun! So, the ending of a non-feeling, no higher brain functioning growth in someone ELSE'S body in order for it not be be brought up in an un-wanting or broken home seems OK to me, the law, and half the people in this country. Ah well...
  • Faith ~... socokid 2009/08/12 21:32:39
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    How can you POSSIBLY know if the baby does or does not feel pain? There are arguments on both sides.
    So, if the deer being hunted feels no pain, it is ok??
    And FYI, a baby is not a part of the mother's body. If she didn't want a baby, she should have kept her legs closed.
  • socokid Faith ~... 2009/08/12 21:58:22
    socokid
    +2
    There are many ways to determine if pain is being felt. Again, this is not news to those that understand these things. You are assuming far too much in my opinion, or are getting information from bad sources. Start here if you wish.

http://www.religioustolerance...

See the sources. "no possibility of foetal awareness before 26 weeks." Now some people will claim through much weaker evidence that it "could" be as early as 20 weeks, but again, this is still well after the vast majority of natural and chosen abortions happen.

52% happen within the first 9 weeks
    25% between 9th and 10th
    12% between 11 and 12th
    6% between 13th and 14th
    4% between 16th and 20th (even less towards 20)
    1% in the 20th

So it is actually relatively safe to say, if any pain is felt, it is by an infinitesimal number. Now, imagine the pain and suffering of living a life of confinement and torture just waiting to be slaughtered for the cheeseburger you had for lunch. Or even hunting just for "fun". Or to wear their fur, etc, etc, etc... It seems to me that we have quite a bit of hypocrisy flying around with regard to "life" issues. Ending the life of an unfeeling, no higher brain functioning embryo growing in someone else's body in the face of unwanted child birth and child rearing seems well within a women and her doctor's right. IMO of course, and again.
  • Faith ~... socokid 2009/08/13 05:51:48
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    I had a baby die inside of me, so don't even TRY to say I am assuming shit.
    If you had read my comments in the body of the question, you would know that I do not agree with hunting. Your argument their is moot. However, I would take an animal's life over a baby's any day.
    A baby IS NOT a part of the woman's body and she has no right whatsoever to kill it. If she didn't want a baby, she should have kept her legs closed.
  • socokid Faith ~... 2009/08/13 14:15:14
    socokid
    Your past circumstance have little bearing on the topic. But I truly am sorry for your loss. My best friend and his wife lost their first child in the third trimester. It was a horrible experience. Thankfully, they gave birth to a premie two years later and we just celebrated his 2nd Birthday just a few days ago.

He's my Godson and is cherished.

Whether or not you agree with my argument does not make it moot. The argument stands. You merely agree with it.

Lastly, suggesting an embryo is not part of the woman's body is beyond ridiculous. Sorry. Suggesting one quell the most powerful human drive (sex) is also not a great suggestion.
  • Faith ~... socokid 2009/08/13 14:26:44
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    It is not at all beyond ridiculous, it is a fact that a baby is NOT a part of the woman's body.
    A body part, such as the arm or leg, is defined by the common genetic code it shares with the rest of its body. Every cell of the mother's tonsils, appendix, heart, and lungs shares the same genetic code. The unborn child also has a genetic code, but it is distinctly different from his mother's. Every cell of his body is uniquely his, each different than every cell of his mother's body. Often his blood-type is also different (and it is impossible for a body to function with two different blood types), and half the time even his gender is different.
    Is a car parked in a garage "part of" the garage simply because that it where it is parked? Of course not. Just like a loaf of bread is not a part of the oven in which it is baked.
  • Innocuous 2009/08/12 16:32:48
    It is worse, and this is why
    Innocuous
    +1
    I am for abortion for certain reasons. Rape, incest, deformity, and to save the mother's life. Hunting is okay with me, too. Taking a human life for any reason should always have an emotional and ethical impact on an individual, or we are no better than the animals we hunt.
  • Aingean 2009/08/12 16:23:53
    Aingean
    +3
    Hunting is a means to get food, abortion is a means to an end when people dont want to take the responsability. I was raped 4 times, I never got pregnant from it, if I had I would have had the child whether or not I could keep him or her I dont know. But there are tons of people willing to take a child and raise it for there own. All people need to eat so I dont see why complain about it. Why is hunting so bad? People raise cattle for slaughter so we can eat is that so much better?
  • Dummy (The guy in my avata... 2009/08/12 16:06:28
    Dummy  (The guy in my avatar isn't me)
    +2
    I didn't know it was worse?
  • Faith ~... Dummy ... 2009/08/12 16:10:18
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    Some believe it is
    +5
  • Faith ~... Jehnyha... 2009/08/12 16:12:03
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    And all hunting is NOT just for "fun". People EAT what they kill... How exactly do you expect a baby to escape from being murdered?? Rape and incest cases account for 1% of all pregnancies, and I HAVE been through that.
  • Jehnyha... Faith ~... 2009/08/12 16:13:23
    +1
    They do hunt for fun. Want food? Buy it. Other people aren't like you. They don't have the strength of mind.
  • Faith ~... Jehnyha... 2009/08/12 16:16:58
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    You obviously didn't read what I said, ALL hunting is not for fun. So... it isn't okay to shoot your OWN deer, but it's okay to go buy the deer that someone else killed? That doesn't make any sense.
    In addition, rape does not justify abortion. While it is obviously not the mother's fault, it isn't the baby's either.

2014/11/22 18:11:53