Why is it that the Liberals act like they are better than the Conservatives?

Armygeek 2009/02/17 05:23:10
Because we are Hollier than Thou are!
We dont know thats how liberals act.
Ok I went to a meeting tonight to see my state representative, yes he is a Democrat what you expect I live in the crappiest state "Michigan". So I am there to ask some serious questions and this lady that sat next to me tells me that there are meetings weekly for the Democrats at some local place. I told her that was nice, but that I was a Republican and she looks at me and says now why would you want to be one of them. So she goes on to talk about how Democrats are out for the people and are nicer than Republicans. She was holding a folder with a Jesus picture on it so I figure she was a church going person, so I almost lost my composure and asked her how she could represent a man who is for abortion and still go to church? So after the meeting I stuck around to talk with some people and all they wanted to do was bash on Bush and the Republicans. I voiced my opinion and told them it was more than just Bush's fault that Clinton brought on the NAFTA and Housing act. They didn't like that too much. I think I will attend again.

• Slade 2011/05/02 21:17:51
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Slade
  • Done with Sodahead! 2009/02/18 00:40:43
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Done with Sodahead!
    +3
    Most of the liberals I have met on here truly believe they are smarter. I think it's a personality disorder of some kind.
  • RanceCo R.I.P. MJ 2009/02/17 18:05:04
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +1
    " I almost lost my composure and asked her how she could represent a man who is for abortion and still go to church?"

Did you ask yourself how you could support the killing of innocent people in a senseless war and still go to church?
  • Armygeek RanceCo... 2009/02/18 00:26:05
    Armygeek
    +2
    So you assume I voted for Bush and you assume I go to church, you assume too much. So you are OK with countries killing their own people? Its the terrorist that are sending their children into crowds with bombs strapped to their chests, not us. They are the cowards who hide in crowds and fire on our troops, not us. We are the only country that prosecutes our own soldiers for war crimes, so don't sit there talking to me like our soldiers are over there killing children, raping women and getting away with it. Our soldiers are professional as much as they can be, yes mistakes have been made and they pay the price for it. Ask yourself is it senseless to free a country from a madman? If you answer yes then you must believe the war against Hitler was wrong too. You must have had no issue with innocent Jews being killed.
  • RanceCo... Armygeek 2009/02/18 00:37:26
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    " you assume too much" Well let's see here.
    You stated, " I told her that was nice, but that I was a Republican " I guess it's wrong to assume that you vote for your party's candidate.
    You stated, "She was holding a folder with a Jesus picture on it so I figure she was a church going person" Looks like I'm not the only one guilty of assuming.
    I stated: "Did you ask yourself how you could support the killing of innocent people in a senseless war and still go to church? " With the innocent people I am referring to being our American soldiers!!

So, great wise one, YOU appear to be the one who is the master at assuming!
  • Samie8908 2009/02/17 17:51:03
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Samie8908
    +1
    We don't believe we are better, we just have different opinions about how to run the government and right now, we are in charge. Although, President Obama is trying to get the two sides to work together like good children, the republicans don't want to. They need to stand in the corner for awhile.
  • Armygeek Samie8908 2009/02/18 00:34:17
    Armygeek
    +2
    That isnt the way I see it. I see Obama pushing around the Republicans telling them not to listen to Rush and that we must do this or that. That's not bipartisanship that's being a bully. The Republicans smell bullshit and they don't vote for bullshit. BTW yes the Dems have control of Government but they still represent the Republicans/ Conservatives people too. They best not forget that or they might find they wont be serving a second term.
  • Samie8908 Armygeek 2009/02/18 12:18:39
    Samie8908
    I disagree. Obama could have summoned the Repubs to the White House to ask for bi-partisanship. He could have demanded they do it his way. But, instead, he went to them, both Congress and Senate and sat down to hash it out. He took out some of the fundings Repubs didn't like and still they turned their backs on him except for 3 Senators who looked like their careers were in jeopardy for siding with Obama but believed this bill would be good for the country. The Repubs are afraid of Rush Limbaugh and he is probably pulling their strings. They all look grumpy and scared.
  • Armygeek Samie8908 2009/02/18 15:19:46
    Armygeek
    +1
    I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Neal Boortz, and a lot of what they says I agree with. I don't think they are afraid of Rush, I know Obama is, he is afraid Rush can persuade congress better than he can. Even during the campaign Obama couldn't stop commenting on Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Obama wont even meet with any of these people for an interview because he knows that they can expose him for what he really is. Why you think he is so destine to shutting down talk radio? Obama isn't for free speech because it can damage his reputation. If sticking to your guns makes you grumpy well I guess I would want every one to be grumpy. Are you really OK with people passing a bill that many haven't read? All the Republicans want is the bill to give us a bang for our buck. You have a president come in promising to cut spending and ends up spending more than our last president and he hasn't even been in for more than a month. I see a serious issue with that. He has also stated that this isn't the last stimulus bill on the table. Pretty scary how much debt they want to create. See the Democrats want you to believe the Republicans don't want to do anything and that simply isn't the case and by the way in the past when Republicans controlled most of the house Democrats didn't vote the way Republicans wished they would.
  • Samie8908 Armygeek 2009/02/18 16:09:08
    Samie8908
    Our representatives have read this bill. We voted in these representatives, we must trust their judgements. As for your rock stars, they are all anti everything Democratic even if it was good. Obama believes in free speech but is trying to protect people from these hate-mongors that a spewing fear on the air. So how do you think he can turn the downfall of our economy around except for what he is doing? You most likely still have your job, your home and are doing well. But many people are screaming for help. The Republicans had no ideas and are sitting back and hoping Obama will fail so they will win in 2012. We had Republican rule for 8 years. And we are in a mess.
  • Armygeek Samie8908 2009/02/18 16:34:25
    Armygeek
    +1
    No I don't have my job, I lost it the day Obama took office. But I also don't feel the economy is as bad as the 30's or the 80's. I still have my home, because I wasn't a moron when signing the mortgage paperwork, I read what I was getting into. Let me ask you this, when you are running low on cash and you just lost your means of income do you use your credit card to go out and buy a bunch of crap in hopes it will stimulate your house hold income? I know I don't, I cut back on how much I am spending until I find new work. So why do you feel the Government should be spending like mad men when they don't have a pot to piss in? If people are crying for help its because they put themselves in that position. I know this union worker here in Michigan who was crying he had to sell his 2 Harley Motorcycles to make ends meet (boohoo). Fact is people don't live within there means, they don't save, they think there job will be around forever. You stated Republicans have ruled for 8 years, when was that? Last time I checked Nancy Pelosi headed Congress and Democrats were the majority for a long while in Congress. Republicans haven't had as much power as Democrats do right now in a long long time. I have been saying it for a while now, FAIRTAX. Give people and Businesses back there money and let the...
    No I don't have my job, I lost it the day Obama took office. But I also don't feel the economy is as bad as the 30's or the 80's. I still have my home, because I wasn't a moron when signing the mortgage paperwork, I read what I was getting into. Let me ask you this, when you are running low on cash and you just lost your means of income do you use your credit card to go out and buy a bunch of crap in hopes it will stimulate your house hold income? I know I don't, I cut back on how much I am spending until I find new work. So why do you feel the Government should be spending like mad men when they don't have a pot to piss in? If people are crying for help its because they put themselves in that position. I know this union worker here in Michigan who was crying he had to sell his 2 Harley Motorcycles to make ends meet (boohoo). Fact is people don't live within there means, they don't save, they think there job will be around forever. You stated Republicans have ruled for 8 years, when was that? Last time I checked Nancy Pelosi headed Congress and Democrats were the majority for a long while in Congress. Republicans haven't had as much power as Democrats do right now in a long long time. I have been saying it for a while now, FAIRTAX. Give people and Businesses back there money and let the economy right itself. Once business taxes are reduced they will come back to America and jobs will be plentiful once again. Once people have their jobs back, let them have most of there pay checks too. The people will once again start spending in our economy and when they start spending more the demand will become greater and businesses will have to hire more people to keep up with demand.
  • Samie8908 Armygeek 2009/02/18 16:59:53
    Samie8908
    Have you written to your Congressperson expressing this before the bill was passed. That's about all we can do.
  • Armygeek Samie8908 2009/02/18 17:12:50
    Armygeek
    Yes I have emailed them all and been on conference calls with them. I take a very active roll in Government.
  • Samie8908 Armygeek 2009/02/19 15:27:42
    Samie8908
    That's good. We need to let them know how we feel.
  • Maine Guy 2009/02/17 09:08:25 (edited)
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Maine Guy
    +4
    Excuse me, but we don't act like we're better than Conservatives. excuse act republicans excuse act republicans excuse act republicans excuse act republicans excuse act republicans
    Oh wait, we are.
  • 1014589 2009/02/17 07:02:08
  • Armygeek 1014589 2009/02/17 15:47:15
    Armygeek
    +1
    Well last night I got the impression this woman political view was better than mine.
  • Samie8908 Armygeek 2009/02/17 17:52:51
    Samie8908
    +1
    Some people are pushy. Stick to your guns if you feel you are in the right, but be flexible. This lady obviously isn't flexible.
  • RanceCo... Armygeek 2009/02/17 18:06:28
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +2
    "Well last night I got the impression this woman political view was better than mine. "

Then maybe you should change your political view to hers since you thought it was better.
  • 1014589 Armygeek 2009/02/18 03:24:45
  • ☆Hitler was a community org... 2009/02/17 06:20:19
    Because we are Hollier than Thou are!
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    EVERY ONE NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK... hollier thou read book THE AUTHOR IS BLACK IF THAT HELPS
  • Karilym 2009/02/17 06:15:43
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Karilym
    +2
    I think what you met was actually called a "Bitch." Who happened to be liberal. There are conservative "Bitch's" as well. Shame. lol
  • KoolBreeze † The Paladin † 2009/02/17 06:06:32
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    KoolBreeze † The Paladin †
    +1
    Delusions of Grandeur

delusions of grandeur
  • Armygeek KoolBre... 2009/02/17 06:14:49
    Armygeek
    +1
    They certainly think that don't they. lol
  • AdventPhantom .::New Holoca... 2009/02/17 06:04:15
  • Armygeek AdventP... 2009/02/17 06:11:06
    Armygeek
    +1
    So you have been to a town hall meeting and had people talk to you in this manner? I was respectful to the Democrats when I was there and I even agreed on a few things that was being said at the meeting. She had no right to judge and act so pompous like that. I should have taken a picture because her nose was stuck so high in the air I swear the speaker could see her brain through her nostrils.
  • AdventP... Armygeek 2009/02/17 06:20:52
  • Attila AdventP... 2009/02/18 11:46:29
    Attila
    +1
    ya I am thinking that Politition may be like some ancient word in some language for FOS.
  • Attila 2009/02/17 06:00:30
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Attila
    +1
    God be with you Brother. Keep it on the level and show them what kind of people we are.

As for why they think such. I will never know. Maybe due to how they were spoiled as children and they never advanced past their self serving nature.
  • Armygeek Attila 2009/02/17 06:12:14
    Armygeek
    +1
    Thank you brother. BTW nice bike. I cant wait to get mine out of storage.

brother btw bike wait storage
  • Attila Armygeek 2009/02/18 11:42:30 (edited)
    Attila
    +1
    I am thinking of riding down to Florida the 26th or so to see my grandbaby. Will probably spend a day in Daytona too. Been many years from my last rally. Pull that bike out of the shed and ride with me. I ride CMA but am also a Masonic Motorcycle Club International member, HOG, and ABATE member.

What do you ride? I ride a Superglide but also have an older Sportster I ride and have a KZ400 for putting around on.
  • Armygeek Attila 2009/02/18 15:36:53
    Armygeek
    +1
    My bike is pictured above, its a 94 Suzuki Intruder 800. Its a nice bike for short cruses but for long hauls I would want a Gold wing. My tank only gets me a 100 miles before I have to hit the reserves and the seat is a little tough on the rear end. I bought the bike for $1700.00 and it was in cherry condition. I just put all new tires on it and new bags. Unbelievability this bike has a lot of power, enough power to pop a wheel-e. During the summer we have Sunday rides and a lot of crotch rockets are in the group and I am able to keep up with them with this bike. Our brethren are looking into starting a chapter here with the widows sons group, I had suggested that we start our own group that doesn't require membership fees.
  • Attila Armygeek 2009/02/19 00:33:26
    Attila
    +1
    I have been thinking about joining the Widows Sons as well. I have an application here someplace. Sorry I didn't know what the bike was. I seen the photo but couldn't tell. Other than the old KZ400 I have always had Harley's. We have lots of folks with other bikes. there are so many that look similar that I can't tell any more. lol Getting old I reckon. Well if we are ever in the same place I would love to run the road with ya. I will be heading down to Florida probably next weekend. Who knows this spring, summer and fall. I put far more miles a year on my bikes than my trucks that is for sure.
    Nothing wrong with an 800 Intruder. Seems like you should get more miles than 100 though. My 1200 Sportster I can get 175 before I need to hit the reserve and find the next station. 3.3 gal tank and my Superglide has a much larger tank. The old 400 will ride further on a tank than both of my others combined. But it isn't comfortable at all. But really 100 miles at once is long enough on any bike before resting some. A dresser or not that is a long time to sit. It is either fortunate or unfortunate that I usually have to pee by then. lol
  • peacelovescream™ 2009/02/17 05:43:09
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    peacelovescream™
    They do...it is not right.
  • flaca BN-0 2009/02/17 05:42:37
    Because we are Hollier than Thou are!
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    or demographically from more educated states
  • windwolf14 2009/02/17 05:36:03 (edited)
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    windwolf14
    +1
    it is crazy and they are the asses
  • Moose 2009/02/17 05:35:37
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Moose
    +1
    It's all a matter of where you're at, and who you're talking with. It goes both ways.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2009/02/17 05:28:08
    We dont know thats how liberals act.
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Well you are in Michigan for one. My father-in-law thinks the same thing. My husband was taking him the the VA and he was listening to Rush and he didn't know who it was. His father kept agreeing all the way and finally my husband had to break down and tell him who he was agreeing with. Perhaps if we didn't have labels and just had common sense they would get it.
  • Armygeek Gracie ... 2009/02/17 05:45:52
    Armygeek
    +1
    Maybe so. What did the father say once he knew it was Rush?
  • Gracie ... Armygeek 2009/02/17 18:44:33
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    He was surprised and he didn't say anymore.

2014/07/24 12:18:36