Why Is It That Some People Think They Are More Entitled To Their Own Opinions Than Others Are To Theirs?

Geezertalk 2009/07/31 16:45:48
The arrongant b-tards think that they are smarter and that their opinions are better than yours.
They didn't pay attention and flunked decency and civility 101.
Other (Pick one of any hundred other reasons! LOL)

• Disko Pickle 2009/07/31 16:49:09
    Disko Pickle
    +10
    I don't agree with the premise of this question and I think you should cram it. Do you have a degree in opinion making? No. Leave these kinds of questions to the experts next time.

• SHARON 2009/08/08 17:38:41
    SHARON
    IDK Geezer b/c EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion!People who think their opinion is gold and others' is crap is just ignorant.
  • <--That guy 2009/08/06 21:54:53
    The arrongant b-tards think that they are smarter and that their opinions are...
    <--That guy
    Arrogance was my initial thought.
  • Cookie-chan ~Love Like This~ 2009/08/02 01:52:25
    Cookie-chan ~Love Like This~
    +1
    I have a "friend" who does the same shit. He says that something is right, but if someone agrees with him he says it is wrong and that it is only right when he says it is right. anyone else that agrees with him is wrong. Yeah. Wanna kill him.
  • kitkat 2009/08/02 00:55:16
    kitkat
    +1
    they think they know it all and never learned to listen, and to top it all off don't have manners either!
  • moomoof 2009/08/02 00:21:14
    moomoof
    +1
    yes self inflated egos
  • Killjoys Queen 2009/08/01 23:36:48
    Killjoys Queen
    +1
    They have too huge egos... reasons lol huge egos
  • Brosia 2009/08/01 22:20:21
    Brosia
    +1
    Don't forget they are often ignorant and loud as hell.
  • JohntheChristian 2009/08/01 17:25:52
    JohntheChristian
    +1
    generally people worship their own intellect. They have everything worked out and thus assume that live, faith, politics and the world around them is a simple equation that they figured out ages ago.
  • ishqboli 2009/08/01 16:00:00
    ishqboli
    +1
    when opinions are supported by fact, they have more merit.
    +1
    because they're just IDIOTS!
  • TheatreAddict 2009/08/01 06:50:41
    TheatreAddict
    +1
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
  • fisherman 2009/08/01 06:22:35
    fisherman
    +1
    the one thing thats really nice about being wrong 100% of the time...you are always sure of the outcome...
  • jen 2009/08/01 05:32:59
    jen
    +5
    they all think theyre smarter or right. even though they mite not b. i no i hav 'strong opinions' but i still dont try and shove them in peoples faces. each to their own.
  • Phyllis 2009/08/01 05:26:22
    Phyllis
    +1
    It's pretty simple...they have been taught that their way of thinking is right and any other opinion is wrong. Personally, I blame the public school system and the influx of radical, leftist, anti-American, union-paid, communist loving teachers that we have willingly handed our children to for the past few decades. The smart people in this country are home schooling and teaching REAL history and the trend towards communism is going to change. As for me, I am home schooling my child and will not allow radicals to infect his mind.
  • shellydraven 2009/08/01 05:05:28
    shellydraven
    +1
    Because the fact that we HAVE an opinion relies entirely on us being of the opinion that our opinion is better than anyone elses opinion. No matter how much we say "everyone's opinion is valid and i have as much right to mine as you do to yours." There's obviously a part of us that doesn't exactly think that. If we did what we were thinking would not be an opinion but an option or a possibility. This would also negate our possibility of making ANY decision EVER. So in fact, many times, what people call arrogance, closed-mindedness, or being opinionated is simply, in fact HAVING an opinion. :)
  • tonnell 2009/08/01 04:22:42
    tonnell
    +7
    because they're black ???
  • dazzledbytwilight 2009/08/01 04:21:13
    dazzledbytwilight
    +2
    Because they know that they are right. Well, at least me. lol

reasons lol lol

reasons lol lol
  • Toodleloo SodaHead 2009/08/01 03:20:20
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    +3
    Honestly? They can't get laid.

arrongant b-tards smarter opinions honestly laid
  • Dan Toodlel... 2009/08/02 22:55:37
    Dan
    +1
    I can only give you one rave for this!
  • Manster Dan 2009/08/03 17:55:19
    Manster
    +1
    That's okay, Dan! I gave her another one for that graphic!I gave her a rave,and a standing ovation even though I'm sitting down!! ;-) (Thanks for that line goes to Mel Brooks-"The Producers")
  • Dan 2009/08/01 02:41:20 (edited)
    Dan
    +2
    I have to deal with the self-righteous politically correct BS on a daily basis. When I speak my honest opinions, I'm ignorantly and wrongly accused of being a "racist", a "right-wing nut job", a "red-neck" (even though I was born and raised in a New Jersey city), or a "Bible-thumping hate-monger".
    It is the amoral liberals and the American socialists (those who can not differentiate between a God-given "right" and an ignorantly assumed (unearned and undeserved) "privilege". It is the Obama-idolizing media which irresponsibly categorizes and generalizes ALL Conservatives, Republicans, and white taxpayers into one universally hated group (hated by 98% of Obama voters/fans).
    THEY are the ones with the presumed and mistaken sense of superiority! Will even 1 of you Obama-lovers admit to this or will you continue to drown in denial?
  • Mrs. V 2009/08/01 02:06:03
    Mrs. V
    +2
    Because we all believe the universe revolves around us. Some of us are right and some of us are wrong. hehe.
  • jen Mrs. V 2009/08/01 05:35:57
    jen
    +1
    we? as in ur included in the group?
  • Mrs. V jen 2009/08/01 17:58:23
    Mrs. V
    +2
    At least I'm honest. I only know myself and what I think. In a sense we are all a mini-universe. Autonomous, we have our satellites, we also revolve around those greater than ourselves.
    I am not saying this in an arrogant way, just as a thought. You know how just as there is space between the Atoms in matter, we all are like Atoms (which are a bit like micro-universes) with space between us, yet we are all part of the human race.
  • jen Mrs. V 2009/08/02 00:04:03
    jen
    +1
    :) good point. i know myself and what i think. but if you look around i guess not that many people do so they go to others with strongly voiced opinions
  • AmyKane 2009/08/01 01:14:46
    AmyKane
    +4
    Some people are just shallow and close-minded.
  • Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2009/08/01 01:00:56
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    Because they are too narrow-minded to understand that there is more point of view and that it might differ from theirs. They're also too ignorant to listen or to have new ideas.
  • Alpha 2009/08/01 00:53:23
    Alpha
    +1
    Oh yes geezerface you are welcome to your opinion. I just wish it was a different country that you screwed up. Matter of fact, I want a divorce from your ugly Ass...
  • Geezertalk Alpha 2009/08/01 01:36:19
    Geezertalk
    +2
    You speak jibberish? Then you'll love this poem by Lewis Carroll -

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought --
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • michael 2009/07/31 23:10:24
    michael
    +3
    "All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    ~George Orwell
  • TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige 2009/07/31 22:55:40
    TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige
    +2
    If I had wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you!
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2009/07/31 22:52:55
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +1
    its usually christians and homophobes. they think they are right and you are wrong about EVERYTHING. then there are the people who are just afraid of anything that isnt what they think. in other words, christians and homophobes. notice a pattern?
    (yes i know some christians are not like that)
  • sasquat... Rukasak... 2009/07/31 23:22:23
    sasquatchette
    +5
    Mmmm ... I've seen the "tolerant" liberals do their fair share.
  • Rukasak... sasquat... 2009/08/01 16:38:53
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +1
    ive never argued with one of them; i usually avoid political arguments
  • sasquat... Rukasak... 2009/08/01 17:56:49
    sasquatchette
    +1
    Well you should try it sometime. XD
  • Rukasak... sasquat... 2009/08/01 19:29:06
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +1
    no thanks... i get enough annoyance from arguing with Twitards lol
  • Obama -... Rukasak... 2009/07/31 23:46:01 (edited)
    Obama - Why stupid people shouldn't vote!
    +2
    I am assuming you always agree with everyone yourself then and no one is aloud to disagree with you no matter what there religeous views right? I am noticing a pattern with you. Cookie cutter people who can't think for themselves and shouldn't have an opinion.
    assuming aloud disagree religeous views noticing pattern
  • Rukasak... Obama -... 2009/08/01 16:42:33
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +1
    uh, sorry, no. if you notice my arguments i commonly say somewhere, "i understand your opinion" or "we must agree to disagree" but commonly, people prefer to ignore my peace offering and keep arguing.

i am anything but "cookie cutter." i think for myself on religion; very few people in my life are athiest. i think for myself in politics; i hear both sides of the argument and decide where i stand from there. i also cant stand people who are exactly the same. i prefer diversity
  • Juls 2009/07/31 22:33:36
    Juls
    +1
    Because some people think just because the used big words in their comment everybody elses opinions are wrong and have to right that replies because they have no life and need to try and make other people sound stupid to make themselves sound smart.
  • Lin 2009/07/31 22:28:45 (edited)
    Lin
    +1
    People who think that are dumb and self absorbed. And if you disagree with me I'll give you a fat lip.

EDIT: Just joking, please don't post anything dumb because you fail to see the irony.

2014/10/26 00:59:00