Why is it that Obama and Democrats are so soft on sex offenders and pedophiles?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2013/02/26 13:36:39
Consider this:

> In 1999, Barack Obama was the only member of the Illinois State Senate to vote against a bill that prohibited convicted criminal sex abusers from getting early release.

> Likewise, Barack Obama refused to support Illinois Attorney General Jim Ryan’s effort to toughen laws on pedophiles and rapists by revamping the “Sexually Violent Persons Commitment Act.”

> Obama also refused to support legislation in 1999 that would protect the privacy of sex-abuse victims by allowing the victims to request the trial records be sealed. Naturally though, he later reversed himself.

> Democrats killed an amendment by Republican Sen. Tom Coburn to prevent the newly created insurance exchanges from using federal money to cover Viagra and other erectile dysfunction drugs for rapists, pedophiles and other sex offenders. The amendment failed 57-42

http://maylattanzio.blogspot.com/2013/01/democrats-blocked-se...

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Dems_reject_amendment_...

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/24/barack-obama-soft-on-rapists/

• Dwight 2013/02/26 15:25:24
    Because they care more about sex offenders than women and children
    Dwight
    +8
    Promoting deviance is the Democrat, Lib/Prog way of destroying Western and American Traditional Values.

Also the reason Sharia Laws concerning women and pedophilia are ignored by Leftist.

• Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/03/12 03:24:38
  • Airwool 2013/02/27 19:59:21
    Because, they are weak
    Airwool
    they don't want to put their voter base behind bars
  • Casey 2013/02/27 09:52:19
  • ☆ElenaD... Casey 2013/02/27 15:12:29
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    A senators voting record public. You can easily find out if what I say is accurate. It is.
  • legalam... ☆ElenaD... 2013/02/27 23:55:26
    legalamericanwoman
    elena, you keep bothering these poor people with facts and they always get mad at you. :).
  • A Founding Father 2013/02/27 08:11:05
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Because they have no power over the actions of this matter that is left to the states and to state Courts? They also don't control homosexuals in bus station rest rooms. And the next question is .....? AS for the examples you claim, why not research a bit further and find if he commented at the time about his reasons. Sometimes voting against punishments for a lot of crimes can prevent some radical nutcase from creating an abusive law. We would need to know more than you have posted to have any rational judgement.
  • Eddie Arnold 2013/02/27 06:39:39
    Eddie Arnold
    Because liberals ARE sex offenders.
  • shenendoah 2013/02/27 06:22:42
    shenendoah
    +1
    If they took these people off the streets where would liberals find dates?
  • Dave 2013/02/27 05:15:19
    Dave
    Because they feel sorry for Republicons because a large majority of them seem to sexual deviants.
  • ttfndude 2013/02/27 02:52:40
    ttfndude
    I think the problem is the fact that so often we screw up on convictions. I say hang the f%$er if he has done this, I mean literally........my problem is a friend of ours is a registered offender for "raping" the woman who became his wife and mother to their 8 children, and they want to put yet more restrictions on him.........I was falsely accused by a woman who changed her story multiple times and was convicted by a judge who was pissed at my attorney, but I got lucky and got a lesser sentence, when I got to probation upon reading the report I was basically left on my own and than released super early.........they have seen it all and know

these are my problems with making it worse on these guys and btw if they really are pedophiles just put them in gen-pop that'll do!
  • legalamericanwoman 2013/02/27 02:27:31
    legalamericanwoman
    islam ( aka sharia ) approves and legalizes ownership of humans and grants only moslem males the permission of their male prophet to use their property anyway they like, because his god has said only moslem men are innocent of any wrongdoing, no matter what horrible crime they commit.
  • legalam... legalam... 2013/02/27 02:29:54 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    My suggestion is that there are many who do not even understand as yet they are moslem no matter what they call themselves.

Rationalizing committing evil ( situational ethics )is hypocrisy.. Men make up political parties , religions and governments , and various "holy books" since humankind has been made and evolving.
  • GAC 2013/02/27 01:01:13
    GAC
    +1
    Liberals simply hate law-abiding citizens. Need I say more?
  • legalam... GAC 2013/03/02 21:54:48 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    I think it is more like a liberal person hates to know others can see their unveiled disgust with the very real decision between right from wrong, simp-ly because to do so means one must accept responsibility for being completely truthful. . Some conservatives and inbetweeners are the same way.
  • ed 2013/02/27 00:10:36
    ed
    +1
    AND they are just like them but a lot worse.
  • Shane 2013/02/26 23:32:24
    Shane
    Because, they are collectivists (not necessarily Communists/Fascists/Socialist etc. (although I'm also not-not saying that they aren't either)).

They reject the notion of the Individual. When someone commits a crime, they feel that it is a reflection on the society, not a reflection of the criminal. They cannot grasp that said Individual, willingly and independently committed a crime, because they reject the notion of free will and Individuality. Ergo, they do not believe that any Individual can be responsible for his crimes because his crime was not the result of his own free will, but as a result of the state of the society, and thus, it would wrong to make an example of someone who had no control over his actions.

At least that is where I'm at right now, understanding the 'hive-minded' is quite complex for someone who believes the total opposite of that.
  • Lucy Krueger 2013/02/26 22:41:07
    Lucy Krueger
    I don't know about Democrats as a whole, but Obama is a Christian and Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ.Christ's philosophy is to forgive and forget.I'm not saying that sex offenders should be forgiven immediately, but being too hard on them is not gonna help either them or us.
  • lowcountry70 2013/02/26 22:35:28
    lowcountry70
    +1
    It is not just the Democrats. Every progressive minded person seeks to find a way to alleviate the guilt of these criminals. Look at the judges that give light sentences, corrections that give protective custody, etc.
  • Burnjuan 2013/02/26 22:02:54
    Burnjuan
    A better question is "why has the Obama admin. not prosecuted anyone for the economic meltdown?".
  • A Found... Burnjuan 2013/02/27 08:16:37 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Former Presidents and legislators cannot be prosecuted for malfeasance in office except for a charge of treason or accepting bribes. There is sort of an "unwritten agreement" that even the worst offenders, such as the last President, are given a walk for their actions in office. Were it not so, every President would be hounded for political reasons by the opposing party and the nation would be even more strangled than just having Congress on vacation.
  • Burnjuan A Found... 2013/02/27 18:23:19
  • Mr. Smith 2013/02/26 20:34:14
    Mr. Smith
    +1
    Because the elite class (both parties) are packed with sex offenders and pedophiles, they simply relate to these people and don't find anything morally wrong with it.
  • A Found... Mr. Smith 2013/02/27 08:18:09
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Stand by to relate to the forthcoming revelations from the Vatican. There we will learn of how deeply the "elite" can cover their actions.
  • Mr. Smith A Found... 2013/02/27 14:59:50
    Mr. Smith
    Oh so true!
  • scbluesman13 2013/02/26 20:29:54
    scbluesman13
    +2
    They're not. But the catholic church sure is.
  • ☆ElenaD... scblues... 2013/02/27 01:21:21
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    The two things are unrelated.
  • A Found... ☆ElenaD... 2013/02/27 08:19:59
    A Founding Father
    Really? How so? The persons are unrelated, but the acts are not. Which would you wish to discuss?
  • ☆ElenaD... A Found... 2013/02/27 15:14:40
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    I am not Catholic. I don't approve of the Catholic churches cover-up. But this was a question about Democrats and specifically Barack Obama's voting record. Refusing to address Barack Obama's voting record as a cover-up in and of itself. Barack Obama is not Catholic therefore the two things are not related. The Catholic Church is not in our politics. The Catholic Church is certainly not President of the United States. Now do you understand?
  • American Girl 2013/02/26 20:29:34
    American Girl
    +2
    They have waged a war on children and woman. After all, they are the party that endorses murdering babies through abortions. They care more about the sex offender's rights than the victims.
  • Gordon 2013/02/26 20:21:48
    Gordon
    +2
    Many of these libtards might be child sexual abusers and/or rapists themselves. Why else would they want to go so easy on their crimes? Why put more potential victims at risk unless they want them for their sick, perverted hunt?
  • rusty 2013/02/26 20:14:39
    rusty
    +3
    The democratically view them as future voters. Democrats want everyone to vote convicted felons, illegal aliens, dead people etc. The quicker the perverts are outif jail the quicker they can get em a check and an Obama button
  • rmhoperenton 2013/02/26 19:53:48
    rmhoperenton
    +2
    I fully agree that obama and demonrats in general are soft on pedophiles and other forms of perversion. I believe that overall such immoral positions represent the true nature of the beast found at the heart of the extreme left. Using deception and promoting perversity and sickness not only brings their master much delight, it also serves to fulfill the ultimate goal of this beast....Distruction of human souls.
    Same old story, just our modern experience of it.
    To be honest you find the same monsterous wickedness in the upper echelons of the republiCON half of the deciet regime as well.
    It's all the same sad game and if you want out you need to seek truth, of which there is only one.
    MERCY.
  • Charles White 2013/02/26 19:03:47
    Charles White
    I voted none of the aboved! ! ! Because I am also a very proud liberal democrat gay christian black man, who always believed that rapist and pedophiles over 25 yrs of age should be sentence to life in prison with out a chance for parole. If a woman is found lying about a rape should also be sentence to ten years in prison for tying to destroyed a man life. Not all liberals and democracts agree on all issues, , ,Like not all conservatives and republicans agree on all issues. However, I do agree with most of the Ideas and policies the democracts believed in and support. BECAUSE THE DEMOCRACT PARTY ROCKS! ! !
  • Alex Go... Charles... 2013/02/26 19:18:05
    Alex Goldsmith
    +2
    clinging to a party leads to collective dictatorship, I see both of the main parties headed down the corrupting path
  • Charles... Alex Go... 2013/02/27 03:27:18
    Charles White
    Thank you for sharing! ! ! But I respectfully disagree, , ,The only party that is on the road to destroying the Nation is the Republican Party. The republican party has the lowest rating from the American people and it is continue to keep getting low rating because it refuses to change with the time! ! !
  • kurtanderson1 2013/02/26 19:01:54
    kurtanderson1
    +3
    Because they are the anti-common sense party.
  • kmay 2013/02/26 18:53:35
    kmay
    +2
    Because they vote Democrat!
  • Laissez Faire Husker 2013/02/26 18:47:00
    Laissez Faire Husker
    +3
    Criminals are good.
    Victims are evil.
    According to them.
  • Kurt 2013/02/26 18:44:31
    Kurt
    +3
    Because obama wants the votes of all the sexual criminals and criminals in the USA.
  • Old Nellie Bones 2013/02/26 18:08:24
    Old Nellie Bones
    +2
    It's all about getting the votes.

2014/11/01 05:29:08